It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Meet-up:

Sept. 11 or Sept. 25? Which Saturday is better for everyone?[/QUOTE]

I will be good either. shieryda pm me again my inbox was full. Sorry about that.

No worries. I just wanted to ask you which date is better for you.

I think we should plan on Sept. 11. I can't get through on the arcade's phone number to check hours, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']And if we have a head count I can try to work out a group discount with the arcade.[/QUOTE]

I spoke to Doc today, inquiring about hours (they will probably open around noon and close around 2AM) and he said to call back today around 3PM. I hope I didn't overstep, but I mentioned that we might have up to 10.

They have 2 gaming rooms that rent by the hour, with 4 x 42" flat screens, and they provide the console of your choice (plus, they take special game requests if they don't already have them:hot:).

They do have a snack bar (popcorn, pizza, etc.), but there are a few places to eat around there, too.

So do we have 7 confirmed, so far? If we can get more people, that would be awesome.

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac (?)

I'll pm the CAGcast crew by the end of the week to announce it on the next CAGcast.

[quote name='shieryda']So do we have 7 confirmed, so far? If we can get more people, that would be awesome.

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac (?)

I'll pm the CAGcast crew by the end of the week to announce it on the next CAGcast.[/QUOTE]

It's a bit of a trip from the far north side of the city, but count me in. Guess I should eat something before arriving?

Wow I just saw a video tour of it and I am impressed. The private gaming rooms are sweet. Right now I'm a maybe, I have to see how Sept. 11th will work out for me. If I do come though, I really want to do a playthrough of the Simpsons game with some of you guys. It's been too long since I've used Bart's skateboard or Marge's vacum.

[quote name='Josh5890']Wow I just saw a video tour of it and I am impressed. The private gaming rooms are sweet. Right now I'm a maybe, I have to see how Sept. 11th will work out for me. If I do come though, I really want to do a playthrough of the Simpsons game with some of you guys. It's been too long since I've used Bart's skateboard or Marge's vacum.[/QUOTE]

I got Homer! I'll be looking for some help in Heavy Barrel.

[quote name='Blackout']Did any of you guys do the TRU coupon thing? It sounds pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I got about 25 games (6 of them were free). My 360 library is growing, but I dont have a 360 yet!

[quote name='slowdive21']Yes. I got about 25 games (6 of them were free). My 360 library is growing, but I dont have a 360 yet![/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you drop for all those?

I just saw the thread today. I would have gotten in on some cheap games if I knew about it when it started.

[quote name='shieryda']I am totally creaming my shorts over that game list at Galloping Ghost. I wish I were in town this weekend to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every fighting game you could possibly imagine. I never thought I'd see a SSFIV machine in person.

Too bad no DDR...

Around $65 with tax, I think.

11.98 Too Human (Will prorably return this one. I thought it was cheaper on clearance)

4.99 each
Gears of War PH
Assassin's Creed PH

3.29 each:
Red Faction
Tomb Raider Underworld
Saboteur

$1.89 each:

Brutal Legend
Overlord 2
Red alert 3
Godfather 2
Golden Axe
Last Remnant
TC Endwar
Rock band metal
SW clone wars
Brave a Warrior's tale

Ben 10 1.19
Moto GP 1.19
Naruto rise of ninja .49
Viva pinata, shrek, sonic 3 pack .49
Sega Rally Revolution .49

FREE
Alone in the dark
Quebed
Conan
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Bionic Commando
You're in the movies

Wow just heard this mentioned in a TRU thread, and I've been meaning to check this place out anyway. This gives me a great reason to go. Unless something important comes up I'm unaware of, count me in.

Nice. Perhaps the OP could change the title of the thread to include the date for the meet-up? Thanks!

Oh, and I'll be bringing a couple extra DJ Hero bundles (clearance at TRU today and tomorrow), if you dudes aren't able to get one for yourselves.

[quote name='slowdive21']Around $65 with tax, I think.

11.98 Too Human (Will probably return this one. I thought it was cheaper on clearance)

4.99 each
Gears of War PH
Assassin's Creed PH

3.29 each:
Red Faction
Tomb Raider Underworld
Saboteur

$1.89 each:

Brutal Legend
Overlord 2
Red alert 3
Godfather 2
Golden Axe
Last Remnant
TC Endwar
Rock band metal
SW clone wars
Brave a Warrior's tale

Ben 10 1.19
Moto GP 1.19
Naruto rise of ninja .49
Viva pinata, shrek, sonic 3 pack .49
Sega Rally Revolution .49

FREE
Alone in the dark
Quebed
Conan
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Bionic Commando
You're in the movies[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I was at TRU on Monday, but they didn't have the 'new' Halo: Reach cards for this week! I'm wondering how in the world did you get all those games so cheap?...:drool:

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, I was at TRU on Monday, but they didn't have the 'new' Halo: Reach cards for this week! I'm wondering how in the world did you get all those games so cheap?...:drool:[/QUOTE]

For the 1st couple of days, the coupon took off $10 every 360 game including one under $10. Then on Friday, there was (or still is) a 30% off all clearance games and you could use the coupon (in some TRU stores). So there.

They had 30% off all 360 games ending in "8 or 0". The first Halo card took $10 off each game. (This was the week 1 card).

Story from when I picked up the games:

The employee told me "You are lucky to beat the other guy to the store"

"What other guy?"

"There is a guy who comes here every week and he buys a ton of stuff. He told me he resells video games for a living"

"The Play n Trade guy?"

"No. He comes in here too (and he buys a lot), but the other guy told me he 'sells video games for his job'. He finds the deals on a game website."

"Did he say what site?...Was it slickdeals?"

"No it was cheap gamer or something like that".

[quote name='slowdive21']They had 30% off all 360 games ending in "8 or 0". The first Halo card took $10 off each game. (This was the week 1 card).

Story from when I picked up the games:

The employee told me "You are lucky to beat the other guy to the store"

"What other guy?"

"There is a guy who comes here every week and he buys a ton of stuff. He told me he resells video games for a living"

"The Play n Trade guy?"

"No. He comes in here too (and he buys a lot), but the other guy told me he 'sells video games for his job'. He finds the deals on a game website."

"Did he say what site?...Was it slickdeals?"

"No it was cheap gamer or something like that".[/QUOTE]

Should have told the worker that the "other guy" is a convicted sheep fucker, and to not sell games to him.:lol:

Would any of you happen to have an extra official Super Nintendo controller, possibly from a yard sale or whatever? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I really need one. Anyone interested in selling me one at the meet up?

[quote name='Blackout']Would any of you happen to have an extra official Super Nintendo controller, possibly from a yard sale or whatever? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I really need one. Anyone interested in selling me one at the meet up?[/QUOTE]

I know I have a couple of SNES, but I think I am actually short 1 official controller. I have a 3rd party controller, but I haven't tested it yet.

I will try to go through my systems this weekend. :)

My guides have been getting the majority of my attention, since I finally have them all in one place! If you guys have any you are looking for I can check my shelves!

[quote name='slowdive21']My guides have been getting the majority of my attention, since I finally have them all in one place! If you guys have any you are looking for I can check my shelves![/QUOTE]
I'm not big into collecting guides, but I believe I have that Manhunt one you were looking for. Any chance you'd be able to post what you're willing to put up for trade? In related news, I wish I coulda found Rock Band 2 or LEGO Rock Band during the 360 coupon sale last week@TRU. :whistle2:( No Week 2 Halo card from the Western Ave. TRU on Monday, either (though I already own all the relevant games).

Looking for these guides if anyone has them and can bring to the meet-up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (reg. or LE)
Lego Indy 2
Mass Effect 2 (reg. or LE)
Persona 3
Yakuza

I might be able to help you on Lego Indy 2. I have to double check through my guides.

[quote name='chi.bri']Anyone been to the Tiger Direct store on Elston & Fullerton, its where the old Circuit City use to be? Any game stuff?[/QUOTE]

I've been there and it's pretty terrible. It's all PC components, TVs, and Blu-Ray/DVD players. On an endcap when I was about to give up looking, I saw some refurbished 360s, I'm not sure the prices exactly, but in the area of $121 arcade, $141 pro, $191 elite, and $274 MW2 bundle. That wasn't too bad but I don't trust refurbs on a time bomb. Then I saw 1 copy of Tony Hawk Ride for $74.99....ouch! Just when I thought that's all the store had, on my way out I saw an endcap with black Wii's. These were new, and it was the steal of the store(as in, stealing from the consumers). Price was $233 each. Yeah, I just kept walking for the exit. I'd be surprised with a MicroCenter across the street selling about the same stuff for cheaper that this store lasts very long. Oh yeah, and there was a greeter in the front who informed me that their whole system was down and I had to pay cash for anything I wanted. I don't see myself going back unless I plan on building a PC from scratch and I wanna price an item against MC/newegg.

At the Best Buy in Timley Park, IL there were two Tekken 6 bundles with the fight stick on clearence for $39.99. I bought one so there may be one bundle left. It includes the game, fight stick, and an artbook.

[quote name='dpac']I'm not big into collecting guides, but I believe I have that Manhunt one you were looking for. Any chance you'd be able to post what you're willing to put up for trade? [/QUOTE]

As long as it is in good shape, I would like it! I am trying to put together a list of my guides ATM. If there are any you are looking for that come to mind LMK. Obviously I will trade something of comparable value. Here is my old guide list. I should still have everything on it.

UPDATED 2/6/09

I will check your list and would prefer multiple trades to save on shipping.

Here are my HAVES: All NM/M condition unless noted.

If you are looking for a guide from a recent BB drop I may have it even if it is not on my list.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Age Of Conan Hyborian Adventures
Army of Two
Bioshock
Bourne Conspiracy
Brute Force
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Burnout Paradise
Chaotic Trading Card game guide
Condemned 2
Crysis
Dark Sector
Devil May Cry 4
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
Gears Of War(360 edition)
Gears Of War(PC edition)
GoW: Chains Of Olympus

Halo 2 (PC)
Halo 3
Halo 3 (Spanish Edition)
Hellgate London
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Kane And Lynch
Madden 08
Mario Galaxy(softcover)
Mario Galaxy(hardcover)
Mario Party 8
Medal Of Honor: Airborne unstickered version
NFL Head Coach 09
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Orange Box
Pirates Of The Burning Sea

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Rainbow six Vegas
Rainbow six Vegas 2
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa
Rock Band

Sim City Societies
The Darkness
The Sims 2 (PC)
The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (PC)
Transformers: The Game
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Universe At War
Unreal Tournament 3
Video Game Achievements & Unlockables
Virtual Fighter 5
World In Conflict
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008
XBOX 360 Achievements Unlocked
Xbox 360 Handbook: The Official User's Guide
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Softcover)

[quote name='shieryda']Looking for these guides if anyone has them and can bring to the meet-up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (reg. or LE)
Lego Indy 2
Mass Effect 2 (reg. or LE)
Persona 3
Yakuza[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have any of those!

[quote name='slowdive21']As long as it is in good shape, I would like it! I am trying to put together a list of my guides ATM. If there are any you are looking for that come to mind LMK. Obviously I will trade something of comparable value. Here is my old guide list. I should still have everything on it.[/quote]
My Manhunt guide appears to be in pristine condition (wonder if I ever cracked it open); it's just been standing up for a few years in my book shelf. Burnout Paradise might be a good guide to get for me if we were to trade. So are these some books we should bring to the meet-up?

[quote name='Josh5890']At the Best Buy in Timley Park, IL there were two Tekken 6 bundles with the fight stick on clearence for $39.99. I bought one so there may be one bundle left. It includes the game, fight stick, and an artbook.[/QUOTE]

360 or PS3?

[quote name='dpac']My Manhunt guide appears to be in pristine condition (wonder if I ever cracked it open); it's just been standing up for a few years in my book shelf. Burnout Paradise might be a good guide to get for me if we were to trade. So are these some books we should bring to the meet-up?[/QUOTE]

I don't know guys, does this sound like a fair trade? :)

I will check my shelf when I get home...I am pretty sure I still have a couple of that guide.

On a side note, I think all trades should have to be approved by a 3rd person on CAG. Just an idea (since there really is no recourse if there is a problem).

I'll bring these guides, if anyone needs them:

Champions Online
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (sealed)
Killzone 2
Need for Speed Undercover
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Prince of Persia
Shivering Isles
Super Mario Galaxy (sealed)
The Godfather
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

[quote name='slowdive21']I don't know guys, does this sound like a fair trade? :)

I will check my shelf when I get home...I am pretty sure I still have a couple of that guide.

On a side note, I think all trades should have to be approved by a 3rd person on CAG. Just an idea (since there really is no recourse if there is a problem).[/QUOTE]

I guess the only way to check quality is to either meticulously document each book in photos... or simply to inspect them in person. If you would rather not make this trade, feel free to let me know (so I have less to carry with me there). I won't be offended if you think this isn't a fair exchange.

Hi guys
I live in southwest Michigan about a little over 1 hour to get to most of Chicago. I would love to met you guys on the 11 but that day happens to be the NOTRE DAME vs. michigan game. I really look forward to putting some faces to the names and plan on being at the next one. Have a fun time that day as i know i will.

So do we have 7 confirmed, so far? If we can get more people, that would be awesome.

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac

Is this still the head count? My friend will be coming with me so we have 9.

Think we can get to 10? :)

shieryda, do you want to handle contacting the arcade for a group rate or would you like me to do it? I am fine either way.

dpac, I do have a burnout paradise guide. It is not in perfect shape though. It hasn't been used and the map is intact. I would rate it a 7 out of 10 conservatively. It is all shelf wear from BB. If you want it I am happy to trade, if you don't that's fine too.

[quote name='slowdive21']dpac, I do have a burnout paradise guide. It is not in perfect shape though. It hasn't been used and the map is intact. I would rate it a 7 out of 10 conservatively. It is all shelf wear from BB. If you want it I am happy to trade, if you don't that's fine too.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I thought you were saying that a Manhunt guide wasn't a fair trade -- as in it wasn't good enough to trade -- for a Burnout Paradise one. If your concern is related to mint or very good conditioning, as long as I don't feel uncomfortable using it, I'd be okay with trading for the Burnout book (since I really have no use for a Manhunt one). If you feel I might have real reservations upon seeing it in person, just snap a photo of the most offending defect(s) and send me a link to smooth out the proverbial (if not literal) edges. Thanks for getting back to me about this.

[quote name='slowdive21']Is this still the head count? My friend will be coming with me so we have 9.

Think we can get to 10? :)
[/QUOTE]

Right now I should be able to make it. I'm looking forward to meeting some faces from this site. If my brother isn't working, I'll probably bring him along as well. I think he signed up for the site a year or two back and just stopped checking it because I usually tell him all the good stuff I see on here ahead of time anyway.

bread's done
Back