It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much green do we need to bring to the arcade? Has that been decided yet?

I would come but 12 pm is a bit early for me. How long is everyone staying at the arcade? Wouldnt be able to come until sometime in the evening.

[quote name='Blackout']How much green do we need to bring to the arcade? Has that been decided yet?[/QUOTE]

I'll prolly bring about $30 (enough to cover admission and food). But we may be making a side-trip to K-Mart, BB and/or TRU if you want to pick up anything from those stores.

We'll prolly hit Portillo's before we go to the arcade, too.:D

I'll meet you guys around 2pm because my bro wants to cone but he gets out of work at 1pm. If anything we should go out to eat after the arcade.

I'm personally more interested in just playing the arcade cabinets. If there is enough interest, I suppose we could reserve one for a couple hours (but we'd need a definite head count for that).

dude, i've lived here 24 years of my life and i never knew this place existed, but it looks rad. thanks for the post. i'll have to check this place out!

Wow this is really cool. Ive lived in Cook County my whole life and I currently reside in Hillside, IL. I never even knew about his place. Would anyone care to refresh me on the more intricate details of the meetup, cause there's been alot of posts.

Is anyone bringing games to trade to the meet up? I have a few PS3 games I'd like to trade (or sell).

Timing on this is bad for me (broke), but hopefully next time. I've been wanting to make it to a meet-up to trade for a whiles now.

I have 2 extra copies of DJ Hero for PS3 and 1 copy for 360, if anyone wants to buy them (from the TRU sale). Selling for $25 each.

They're going back to TRU on Sept. 11 if nobody wants them.

I'll definitely be there. I'm also bringing a couple of stuff to trade in :)ps3::360: games, :360: Street Fighter IV Fight Stick and TE stick) since I haven't been gaming that much as of late.

Looks fine by me. Thanks for posting the pics; I'll bring yer guide.
[quote name='slowdive21']dpac here are some pics of the guide.

I will bring it either way, since I have to drive anyway.[/QUOTE]

OK. I've got a group rate for us as long as we have 10 or more people on Saturday.

It is basically 10 people for $100, so $10 each as long as we have 10 or more.

You can also come and go as long as you keep your receipt. (Like if you want to hit a store or get lunch or something).

[quote name='slowdive21']OK. I've got a group rate for us as long as we have 10 or more people on Saturday.

It is basically 10 people for $100, so $10 each as long as we have 10 or more.

You can also come and go as long as you keep your receipt. (Like if you want to hit a store or get lunch or something).
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! So what do we have to do to get the group rate? Be there at noon, drop someone's name, or identify a party we're with on Saturday?

[quote name='dpac']Awesome! So what do we have to do to get the group rate? Be there at noon, drop someone's name, or identify a party we're with on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can get a list of names in the party or put it under CAG?

Are all of these people still going? Any definite names to add?

ryosnk
shieryda
chi.bri
blackout
weaponx2099
slowdive
habbler
dpac

EDIT:
I wont be their till 2 so I'm out of the discount?
We can make a list since everyone will not get there at the same time. I will probably need actual names. As long as we are 10+ they should honor the same $10 price for everyone. I talked to Lumbo. I will call again tomorrow and make sure we have something in place.

Names on a list would be good. Especially for those showing up later.

Everyone please confirm as soon as possible if you will be attending, and provide your name (Dana here).

[quote name='shieryda']Names on a list would be good. Especially for those showing up later.

Everyone please confirm as soon as possible if you will be attending, and provide your name (Dana here).[/QUOTE]

I'll be there, though it's possible that I might be delayed a bit in coming, perhaps as late as 1 or 2 P.M. Put me down for Dan. I'll PM slowdive my cell-phone number so it'll make it easier to find each other that day.

I'm still down (Tim).

So we should bring $10 to get in, and $10-15 for food?

I may be able to make it, but I don't want to call myself a definite and not show up... I may or may not have to work. But, hopefully I'll be able to make it as it would be nice to hang out with other game lovers (I literally know no gamers in "real life"). I also couldn't believe I never knew such an arcade existed in the area... until I read it only opened about a month ago.

[quote name='Kush']I may be able to make it, but I don't want to call myself a definite and not show up... I may or may not have to work. But, hopefully I'll be able to make it as it would be nice to hang out with other game lovers (I literally know no gamers in "real life"). I also couldn't believe I never knew such an arcade existed in the area... until I read it only opened about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Put your name on the list, just to be safe. That way the rest of us can get the discount.;)

Just wondering... what are people's thoughts on Mayor Daley finally leaving the city.

The city will go down the shitter real quick after his term is up.

The place is only 30 minutes from my house! Shoot, I don't think I can make it though... wish I found out about this sooner.

But definitely add my name to the list of Chicagoans, please!

We are at 8...

Worse case scenario, we can grab a couple of people off the street and have them say they are with us! j/k

Any other takers?

Off topic: BTW Is there an official CAG facebook page?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bobo2k4']Just wondering... what are people's thoughts on Mayor Daley finally leaving the city.[/QUOTE]

I'm scared of change when it comes to alot of things, and this may be one of them. He's not the greatest, for sure, but it's better than the unknown to come. I wonder if I can buy the spot from Rod and be mayor myself...

[quote name='shieryda']

The city will go down the shitter real quick after his term is up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it can get any worse. Daley practically turned Chicago into a Police State. I'm glad the bastard's finally leaving.

Just to make sure we are on the same page...

Sept. 11 @ noon. 12 PM

Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden
Brookfield, IL 60513

Probably the best way for US to do this is wait outside for the initial group of people.

Brian has been added. We are at 9 definite CAGs. The list will be under CAG.

I am not going to be on the web until late night, so if anyone needs to reach me, sieryda, dpac, and ryosnk have my number. Otherwise, see you at the meet up tomorrow!

[quote name='slowdive21']Talked to the owner "Doc" . He has the list and it is under CAG with the names. See you all tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Just talked to a friend of mine who might want to join the list as a maybe (to help push us over the ten-person minimum). If you can still make additions, his name's Ryan. Thanks for setting this up!

bread's done
Back