I've got a major moral dilemma and I need EVERYONE's opinion.

rabbitt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So I was talking about the Ace Combat 5 deal with someone at school who recently paid full price for it. He offered to bring me the receipt so I can take AC5 back and get $50. This raises the issue of morality. Please post what you honestly think I should do. Thanks.

--rabbitt

I would do it, but that's just me. Then again, maybe not, 'cause Ace Combat 5 was a kickass game. But I'm an Ace Combat fan who would rather have the game than $45 profit. If it had been a different game, I probably would.

I normally frown upon such things, but your friend paid full price... Take the compromise solution and get another $50 game or store credit.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Why did you buy it if you weren't gonna play it?

Oh wait, I think I already know the answer...[/quote]

Just in case... Because it was $5.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']No. Nothing wrong with eBaying it for $40 though.[/quote]

GOOD IDEA. That's capitalism in action. You owe it to your country to help this economy.

Do it on Ebay.

idt depends how moarl YOU are, others opinions shouldnt be needed here because you should have your own set of morals...the fact that youre asking tells me that youre not 100% for it, and woul like people to tell you its ok...well its not ok. its fraud. that said, theres slim to nil chance of ever being caught.

so it comes down to this
if you could kill a man, and were promised you would never be found out...would you?

[quote name='CheapyD']I would just enjoy the $5 Ace Combat 5.
When you are done playing it, sell it on eBay or something.[/quote]

i always liked the combat series on ps1...i didnt play 4, but 5 is just too much for me to handle, its too sim-ish, this game is definetly not for everyone

Thats like fucking them in the ass, and then making them suck your shitty dick...thats a little TOO much man. Just enjoy you got the ass you little homo.

[quote name='punqsux']idt depends how moarl YOU are, others opinions shouldnt be needed here because you should have your own set of morals...the fact that youre asking tells me that youre not 100% for it, and woul like people to tell you its ok...well its not ok. its fraud. that said, theres slim to nil chance of ever being caught.

so it comes down to this
if you could kill a man, and were promised you would never be found out...would you?[/quote]

But morality is largely societal. There is nothing wrong with taking into account the opinions of others when making a decision.

I'm not sure this is fraud. It would be a different scenario if there was no reciept. In this case there is a reciept that says Ace Combat 5 was paid for with $50. He has a sealed Ace Combat 5 - there is no deception here at all. It's not like he is going to Walmart and taking advantage of a no-reciept store policy for store credit and dumping merchandise back on the shelves that wasn't originally sold there... I say do it.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Thats like shaq-fuing them in the ass, and then making them suck your shitty dick...thats a little TOO much man. Just enjoy you got the ass you little homo.[/quote]

Woah man, what the fuck is up with calling me this shit? I just want your fucking opinion.

[quote name='guessed']
But morality is largely societal. [/quote]

while true, there is usually a cut off point for what is moral and what is not, an age by which a person knows the diffrence between right and wrong.

i mean, almost everyone breaks laws. be it speeding, or fraud as being discussed here, but people usually do these things knowing full well that they are breaking said laws.

its about where your comfort level of breaking laws is, and just from the way his post was worded, it sounded like he knew it was wrong, and didnt want to do it, but wanted the $50 and wanted people to push him into doing it.

Just pretend it's a videogame and you needa return the game for full price in order to save the hot young princess. Or toad, whatever's your thing.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm not sure this is fraud. It would be a different scenario if there was no reciept. In this case there is a reciept that says Ace Combat 5 was paid for with $50. He has a sealed Ace Combat 5 - there is no deception here at all. It's not like he is going to Walmart and taking advantage of a no-reciept store policy for store credit and dumping merchandise back on the shelves that wasn't originally sold there... I say do it.[/quote]

trust me its fraud. fraud is lying for profit.

he paid $5 for the game, so if he wanted to return it for $5, no questions, thats fine.

if he wanted to sell it on ebay, thats fine as well.

he wants to take a recipt that is not his, to a store that he did not buy the game from to profit $45 from the store.

that, my friend, is fraud :wink:

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Thats like shaq-fuing them in the ass, and then making them suck your shitty dick...thats a little TOO much man. Just enjoy you got the ass you little homo.[/quote]

Woah man, what the shaq-fu is up with calling me this shit? I just want your shaq-fuing opinion.[/quote]

That IS my opinion.....I dont claim it to be fact.

I just think its faglisious that you would even concider this....these stores are getting screwed so hard by these "how to scam stores" sites. Just enjoy you were a dick enough to get this deal. Sears is a big company and all, but they havent done me personal wrong...so I didnt decide to fuck them over, because of a minor misprint. Wrong is wrong, no matter how big the store, but to each its own. I just dont understand the mentalility here sometimes.

I wouldn't do because i wouldn't feel right because i'd be lying with the receipt that wasn't mine.

So you are calling me names for even fathoming it? At least I have the decency to think this over before I actually do it.

[quote name='rabbitt']So you are calling me names for even fathoming it? At least I have the decency to think this over before I actually do it.[/quote]

But you concidered it, must be how you were raised. I guess. My family raised me to not fuck over everything in sight for a dollar. It's called morals. I get the sales here, like everyone else.

When the CC sale was going on I got a lot of $5 games to play. But half of CAG went to other stores trying to scam other stores to give them those prices, knowing damn well the other stores wouldnt allow it. But some found new people who gave it to them anyways, and they proabaly lost their job over it.

Just because you can, doesnt mean you should. The site is called "Cheapassgamer", not "Scamassgamer".

I'll buy it off of you for $10 since I didn't get in on the Sears deal. That way, you're building karma AND helping out a fellow CAG, AND making a little extra scratch at the same time. :) PM me!!

why didn't you just get your friend to return his copy and sell it to him for like $30 or something? that way both of you would gain and no one loses. he pays $20 less and you gain $25.

Off-topic, we don't allow racist comments on this site, but homophobic ones are allowed?

Mookyjooky should be banned for being an ignorant jackass.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='rabbitt']So you are calling me names for even fathoming it? At least I have the decency to think this over before I actually do it.[/quote]

But you concidered it, must be how you were raised. I guess. My family raised me to not shaq-fu over everything in sight for a dollar.[/quote]

Wait, so your parents raised you to not even think about doing something bad? 'If we even find out that you thought of eating your dessert before your supper, we're going to beat the shit out of you!'

[quote name='dude2003']why didn't you just get your friend to return his copy and sell it to him for like $30 or something? that way both of you would gain and no one loses. he pays $20 less and you gain $25.[/quote]

You cannot return opened games.

[quote name='roland13x']Off-topic, we don't allow racist comments on this site, but homophobic ones are allowed?

Mookyjooky should be banned for being an ignorant jackass.[/quote]

Im gay....does that mean I'm still homophobic?

While I often don't play all the games I buy, I do not buy games I doubt I'll enjoy just to make some money later on. I'd say at least give the game a shot.

[quote name='punqsux']trust me its fraud. fraud is lying for profit.[/quote]

I don't think so for a couple of reasons: (1) There are no damages in this example. The definition of fraud includes damages. You could argue that the damages are the lost profit on one game but that is, at best, a weak argument; and more importantly (2) There is no material misrepresentation - another requirement of fraud. The only things material in this situation is the receipt and the unopened game. The reciept is evidence that the game was purchased at the store. Who actually bought it does not matter one bit.

Don't tell me that if I return something to the store for my wife with the reciept I'm committing fraud. Does it matter in that sense that I did not actually buy it? What if the two people in this situation were brothers? Would that make a difference to you? This is not fraud - at all.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']While I often don't play all the games I buy, I do not buy games I doubt I'll enjoy just to make some money later on. I'd say at least give the game a shot.[/quote]

i as well except for a couple of games i bought that i thought i would enjoy but did not.

as for returning opened games, see if you have other friends who want the same game or you can offer to any CAG here or even ebay as so many had suggested. anyway i don't recommend returning to the store with a difference receipt because (yes the store is richer than you are, but) the store has to make money to survive as well; just like everyone else.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='roland13x']Off-topic, we don't allow racist comments on this site, but homophobic ones are allowed?

Mookyjooky should be banned for being an ignorant jackass.[/quote]

Im gay....does that mean I'm still homophobic?[/quote]

all along i thought i was a self-hating jew...turns out im just an everyday anti-semite...

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='punqsux']trust me its fraud. fraud is lying for profit.[/quote]

I don't think so for a couple of reasons: (1) There are no damages in this example. The definition of fraud includes damages. You could argue that the damages are the lost profit on one game but that is, at best, a weak argument; and more importantly (2) There is no material misrepresentation - another requirement of fraud. The only things material in this situation is the receipt and the unopened game. The reciept is evidence that the game was purchased at the store. Who actually bought it does not matter one bit.

Don't tell me that if I return something to the store for my wife with the reciept I'm committing fraud. Does it matter in that sense that I did not actually buy it? What if the two people in this situation were brothers? Would that make a difference to you? This is not fraud - at all.[/quote]

And the point flew right over your head......

Read slower this time, I'm afraid your frail mind wont understand.

-If you were returning something for your wife your doing two things.
Returning the "thing" with the receipt it was bought with....
for the same price you (your wife) bought it for.

-This kid is returning a game he bought on sale, (more like a misprint, they were nice enough to grant him the game cause the valued him as a customer - being that state law doesnt require you to sell an item if its a misprint) for a price for 10X what he paid for it, with a reciept that isnt even his.

The example doesnt even begin to add up to the reality of the situation. Thanks for playing though.

[quote name='roland13x']Doesn't matter your sexual preference, when you toss around the words you have been, you're still a jackass.[/quote]

Well that works out cause I am donkey too.

I'm a Gay typing Donkey who love video games and has morals.

bread's done
Back