Jak and Daxter Collection (PS3) $10 at GameStop (Other PS3 deals added)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Jak and Daxter $10: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/jak-and-daxter-collection/98639

Deal says online only, but my GameStop guy says it's instore too.

Other deals:

Twisted Metal $20: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/twisted-metal/78157
Uncharted 3 GOTY $20: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-3-game-of-the-year-edition/104763
Uncharted Dual Pack $15 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-dual-pack/92845
Resistance Collection $30 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resistance-collection/105837
Killzone Trilogy $30 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/killzone-trilogy/104688

(6/12 only, deals listed below are dead)
Also told that Red Dead Redemption GOTY and GTA4 Complete are $15 INSTORE ONLY. (X360/PS3)

Borderlands 2 $19.99
GTA 4 $14.99
GTA Stories from Liberty City $14.99

all 360/PS3 (IN STORE)
gamestoponedaypowersale.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hoping that Amazon will price match Red Dead Redemption. I never played the dlc for it. I've been wanting to pick up the Jak and Daxter Collection when it comes out on Vita, but this is very tempting.

The site lists Borderlands 2 at 29.99 so would this deal make it 9.99?
Doubtful. Regular price is 39.99, 29.99 is the online sale price. $20 is probably off of the regular price.
Sadness. If anyone who bought can confirm if it's 9.99 or 19.99 I would be grateful. Especially if it does turn out to be 9.99.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems I will end up there today after all so I will confirm for myself. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Well my wife was wrong as we already have jak and daxter. Looks like I have to back and return my copy. Have they said when they expect the game collection thing to be back up?

are they releasing an uncharted trilogy? or a new jak and daxter one? thge prices on those have been dropping for a while now. usually that means theres another pack coming

i was thinking of uncharted even though i have them. but not if theres a trilogy pack coming. Basically id like a trophy version ofd the first game on disk. im assuming these packs have that?

I've been hoping for a Uncharted trilogy pack too.  I've played them all, but traded them in when they still held value because I assumed they'd put out a combo pack of them since they have with all of their other first-party stuff.  I want them in my collection...but I just feel like as soon as I pickup the dual pack they'll announce the trilogy.  

Don't rely on the sales tag or employees about this sale, the tag will still say it's normal price and the only way an employee sees the sale price is if it's scanned in the register portion of their system as they're selling it. If they just scan in the inventory function it'll show the same price.

On your receipt you'll see the promo drop itemized.

Just picked up GTA IV: Complete Edition for 14.99 and Jak and Dexter for 9.99. Both new.
The Complete Edition is on sale? I called my GameStop and they told me that it's 29.99$. D:
See my post.

Just picked up GTA IV: Complete Edition for 14.99 and Jak and Dexter for 9.99. Both new.
The Complete Edition is on sale? I called my GameStop and they told me that it's 29.99$. D:
Yeah man i was suprised when it came out 14.99
I just got back from the GameStop I called and they were surprised when it rang up 14.99$. Apparently they didn't know about the sale, and where almost hesitant when the price rang up. They had to check if it was true or not. lol But I'm happy to finally have the game.

Damn it! Just bought Jak & Daxter Collection for $15 from Target and opened it. My gut was telling me to wait. Why didn't I listen? LOL. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Thanks op, grabbed Jak and Daxter Collection from a local GS. First store I called said they had it but didn't when I arrived. They called the next closest store and gave me 10% off for my trouble... $1 off ftw!

Doubtful. Regular price is 39.99, 29.99 is the online sale price. $20 is probably off of the regular price.
Sadness. If anyone who bought can confirm if it's 9.99 or 19.99 I would be grateful. Especially if it does turn out to be 9.99.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems I will end up there today after all so I will confirm for myself. Thanks anyway.
Please do. Strange why they would put $20 off when it would be 50% off anyways

are they releasing an uncharted trilogy? or a new jak and daxter one? thge prices on those have been dropping for a while now. usually that means theres another pack coming

i was thinking of uncharted even though i have them. but not if theres a trilogy pack coming. Basically id like a trophy version ofd the first game on disk. im assuming these packs have that?
All three have trophy support, the first one was the only one that did not originally have it but it was later patched in.

Please do. Strange why they would put $20 off when it would be 50% off anyways
Well I guess I missed it now.

I screwed out of going today.

Went in and picked up the last (gutted) copy of Uncharted 3 GOTY, it was actually tagged at $19.99 non-sale.  Also, I saw a copy of Borderlands 2 Tagged at $29.99 non-sale and there were no shelf sale tags noting a sale either.  I don't normally pay attention to their tags so maybe they don't note sales on barcode tags.

Something else I noticed was Disgaea 4 is $19.99 new.  Haven't really followed this one but I belive it was much higher not long ago.

If I had known there was a debate over the price of Borderlands I would have checked while I was there.

If I put a hold on a copy and go to pick it up tomorrow, will I get it for the $9.99 price?
Doubtful. I have a copy on hold, but didn't get the chance to go grab it. Oh well, with Last of Us coming out tomorrow night, I really didn't need RDR.

If I put a hold on a copy and go to pick it up tomorrow, will I get it for the $9.99 price?
Doubtful. I have a copy on hold, but didn't get the chance to go grab it. Oh well, with Last of Us coming out tomorrow night, I really didn't need RDR.
He was talking about jak and daxter, and I would like to know aswell. I'll be at GS early tomorrow so Ill post what happens. I already have a copy on hold for me.

The Jak collection that's not part of the 1 day sale right?
When I saw it the normal shelf tag said $9.99, so I would assume that's a permanent drop, not a sale.

I picked up a copy of GTA IV Complete for 360, and they had actually put a "SALE $14.99" sticker on it and RDR.

Thanks OP. Went to Gamestop and it was tagged $9.99 on the shelf. Like the guy above me, it looks like it was a permanent drop and not a sale. Strangely enough, the Sales Associate told me to wait but w/e. Makes me wonder if it'll be part of a future sale. :lol:

Went ahead and picked up the Jak and Daxter Collection. They were out of stock on Red Dead Redemption. I went next door to Walmart, but they wouldn't price match it. Thanks for the heads up!

Got Jak and Daxter Collection and Red Dead GOTY (Gutted copy, but didn't want to drive around all day for it). Thanks OP!

Thanks OP. Went to Gamestop and it was tagged $9.99 on the shelf. Like the guy above me, it looks like it was a permanent drop and not a sale. Strangely enough, the Sales Associate told me to wait but w/e. Makes me wonder if it'll be part of a future sale. :lol:
Shelf tags don't mean anything. Just look at games like NBA 2k13 and the amount of tags on that one game alone (every other week it flops between $39.99 and $59.99)

Not sure which one to get Killzone or Resistance, I know they are both FPS but which one is worth getting.
I've only played limited amounts of both but those are two series that have really paralleled each other in a lot of ways. Both peaked with the second game and stepped back a little with solid but not overly progressive third iterations. The SP of Killzone always felt a little flashier and better put together where Resistance had really underrated MP (though I couldn't tell you if anyone actually plays any of them anymore).

Shelf tags don't mean anything. Just look at games like NBA 2k13 and the amount of tags on that one game alone (every other week it flops between $39.99 and $59.99)
I only said that because the OP and Website said Online Only.

Thanks OP! I just picked up a sealed copy of Jak and Daxter Collection. I never had a chance to play any of these when they first came out. Everybody better not be bullshitting about this collection being great for it's time.

On another note, I typically loathe going into that place, but today was the smoothest transaction I've ever experienced there. Took the display to the counter, handed me a sealed copy, asked for my reward zone card, didn't hound me for being a basic member or try to upsell a premium membership, didn't try to strike up a bullshit salesman conversation with me, and also didn't try to upsell any pre-orders etc. It was actually kind of...*cringe*...nice.

Went to my local Gamestop and got a sealed copy of Jak and Daxter. The guy was shocked when it rung up for $10, said he'll get himself a copy after his shift. Thanks OP.

Tried to price match at Frys. Even though a gamestop down the street (3 blocks away) had the game in stock. They refused to price match the in store price, and would only match the online price + shipping and handling....

Needless to say I told them they are the ONLY store that can not call a local store to match the price. Never been so disappointed (and wasted 30 minutes of my time) in my life with a company. Well perhaps lowes after waiting 45 minutes to pick up an order.

Anyway, I went 3 blocks and picked it up from gamestop in store, which had multiple copies available.

Thanks op

it is also instore 9.99

go to gamestop.com and check availability / pickup @ store

link

makes the deal more tolerable since you wont have to pay shipping - but you would have to pick up...  

I remember this as being one of the last 'real' platforming games I ever played before getting out of them, so I picked up a copy.  Looking forward to playing the first one again and trying out the sequels that I never got.

I think action/platformer/adventure games are what I miss most about the PS2/Xbox/GC generation. There are so many good ones from that era, and the same goes for N64/PS1.

I think action/platformer/adventure games are what I miss most about the PS2/Xbox/GC generation. There are so many good ones from that era, and the same goes for N64/PS1.
Yeah, know what you mean.

I remember this as being one of the last 'real' platforming games I ever played before getting out of them, so I picked up a copy. Looking forward to playing the first one again and trying out the sequels that I never got.
I've been playing through the Jak series with my son. The first one I had played before and it felt great going through it again after playing so many shooters lately. We got to the second game and it can be a little frustrating at times. Difficulty spikes and the lack of reasonable check points gets pretty annoying, but we're about 80% through it now. It's not bad, but it definitely has a different feel from the first one in both mood and gameplay.

it is also instore 9.99

go to gamestop.com and check availability / pickup @ store

link

makes the deal more tolerable since you wont have to pay shipping - but you would have to pick up...
That's the thing. There's no GameStop where I live, and while there is a GameStop is the neighboring city's mall, cost of gas (and my time) makes it more trouble than it's worth.

I may have to wait, but imagine Amazon will probably have a deal on it sooner or later.

Plus, there's always Black Friday.

C'mon Blinx collection! And a GoD release for Voodoo Vince!

But I also picked up a copy of the Jak and Daxter collection. I didn't play any of the games during their PS2 run, and always was more interested in the Ratchet and Clank series. This one is staying sealed for the time being.

Well, neither BBY nor Target had it so I resigned myself to getting a nasty gutted copy at GS since I had to go there anyway and by some miracle the one copy they had was actually factory fresh.  Love when the guy scanned it and he was like "Oh, that's a good price" with some shock.

Hopefully these live up to the nostalgia factor.  Rayman 2 was definitely the high point of the 3D platformer glory days for me and what I played of these on the PS2 definitely felt the closest to that of the big series.

bread's done
Back