Jak and Daxter Collection (PS3) $10 at GameStop (Other PS3 deals added)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Jak and Daxter $10: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/jak-and-daxter-collection/98639

Deal says online only, but my GameStop guy says it's instore too.

Other deals:

Twisted Metal $20: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/twisted-metal/78157
Uncharted 3 GOTY $20: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-3-game-of-the-year-edition/104763
Uncharted Dual Pack $15 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-dual-pack/92845
Resistance Collection $30 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resistance-collection/105837
Killzone Trilogy $30 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/killzone-trilogy/104688

(6/12 only, deals listed below are dead)
Also told that Red Dead Redemption GOTY and GTA4 Complete are $15 INSTORE ONLY. (X360/PS3)

Borderlands 2 $19.99
GTA 4 $14.99
GTA Stories from Liberty City $14.99

all 360/PS3 (IN STORE)
gamestoponedaypowersale.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No free shipping kills this deal dead.
That's my issue as well. $10 is a no brainer, but another 30% for shipping kills it. There are a few other games I've had my eyes on, but they're used, which means the condition could be anything from pristine full package to disc-only coaster.

I think action/platformer/adventure games are what I miss most about the PS2/Xbox/GC generation. There are so many good ones from that era, and the same goes for N64/PS1.
C'mon Blinx collection! And a GoD release for Voodoo Vince!

But I also picked up a copy of the Jak and Daxter collection. I didn't play any of the games during their PS2 run, and always was more interested in the Ratchet and Clank series. This one is staying sealed for the time being.
I can't tell if you're mocking me. :lol:

I would totally buy a Blinx collection, though. I never got around to playing those on Xbox 1 the original Xbox, and they always looked interesting to me. I love me some 3D cartoony platform games.

Thanks OP.  i picked up Twisted Metal used (didn't have it new)  and the Online Pass printed out on my receipt.  I was thinking I'd have to purchase one, so I got lucky.  

Oh, I forgot to share my story of the awesome parenting I experienced while standing in line waiting to buy the Jak Collection!  This huge woman had her huge bratty kid, who was probably about 11 or 12 at most, and was trying to exchange her kid's BLOPS because he said it wasn't working.  The surprisingly patient employee meanwhile is trying to explain to her that the disc has finger prints but is in otherwise perfect condition and that games don't just stop working unless there's physical damage to them.  She finally gets it and wants to take his advice of going home, erasing the data on the system and trying the disc again before buying a new copy.  The kid stomps his feet and throws a tantrum and she immediately buys him a new copy while he goes over and gets BF3 which she buys too.

Boggles my mind how that sort of parenting is alright but if you dragged the kid out of the store immediately and didn't take their game with you that people would look at you like a monster.

I think action/platformer/adventure games are what I miss most about the PS2/Xbox/GC generation. There are so many good ones from that era, and the same goes for N64/PS1.
C'mon Blinx collection! And a GoD release for Voodoo Vince!

But I also picked up a copy of the Jak and Daxter collection. I didn't play any of the games during their PS2 run, and always was more interested in the Ratchet and Clank series. This one is staying sealed for the time being.
I can't tell if you're mocking me. :lol:

I would totally buy a Blinx collection, though. I never got around to playing those on Xbox 1 the original Xbox, and they always looked interesting to me. I love me some 3D cartoony platform games.
Not mocking at all, platforming games were great last generation and even the generation before. We haven't had ANYTHING like Jumping Flash, and that came out in what? '95? Early '96? It's hard for me to really get excited for platformers, but the truth is I would eat up a Blinx collection no problem. It has a very special place in my heart. Plus Voodoo Vince had an almost Oddworld-type charm to it.

So, are Killzone and Resistance worth 30 each or will the be done to 10 later this year too?
I wouldn't drop $30 on either collection. Since Black Friday 2012 I was able to get 4 Sony collections for under $20 each ( God of War, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and recently Infamous). Im sure they will be $20 or under pretty soon in some sort of sale, if not this upcoming black Friday.

So, are Killzone and Resistance worth 30 each or will the be done to 10 later this year too?
I wouldn't drop $30 on either collection. Since Black Friday 2012 I was able to get 4 Sony collections for under $20 each ( God of War, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and recently Infamous). Im sure they will be $20 or under pretty soon in some sort of sale, if not this upcoming black Friday.
I was thinking that might be the case. I picked up Jak and Daxter at my local GS. Holy hell did they try to up-sell me. After I told them no I don't want any more games, no I don't want to join your shoppers club, no not even the free one, and no I don't want to pre-order, she (the employee) has the nerve to say, "You're only spending $10, why don't you buy more, are you sure you don't want more?"

I was thinking that might be the case. I picked up Jak and Daxter at my local GS. Holy hell did they try to up-sell me. After I told them no I don't want any more games, no I don't want to join your shoppers club, no not even the free one, and no I don't want to pre-order, she (the employee) has the nerve to say, "You're only spending $10, why don't you buy more, are you sure you don't want more?"
That's rough, for her, she must really have a hard ass manager. I only started shopping occasionally at GS again in the last two months and are thankful that the folks at the couple I choose to visit are pretty mellow. Yeah, they offer me what they have to but don't push it and have done their best to be helpful.

Was gonna get for the vita but for 10, I'll have to go ahead and get the PS3 version

Thought about doing the same but if I can save $20 why not.

My Gamestop didn't scan Jak & Daxter at $10. It still scanned at the $18 on the cover. Ordered on Amazon, figure $3 isn't going to kill me to finally get to play the game.

My Gamestop didn't scan Jak & Daxter at $10. It still scanned at the $18 on the cover. Ordered on Amazon, figure $3 isn't going to kill me to finally get to play the game.
The used price for J&D is $18.99 so it might have been mistagged.

in for one J&D collection. was never really into the series on ps2, however i remember liking the psp version. Gonna have to backlog this until I get into sly 4

I'm actually thinking about the Killzone Trilogy, or is it likely I can get that for cheaper if I wait or whatever? Probably should've just grabbed it with the others in the half off deal.

I ordered it online and used my gamestop credit online but then  I canceled it   how long till the credit is back in my account?

I'm actually thinking about the Killzone Trilogy, or is it likely I can get that for cheaper if I wait or whatever? Probably should've just grabbed it with the others in the half off deal.
Yeah, I think $30's still too much and you'll see it cheaper if you can wait until the holidays.

I finally got a copy a few days ago in store. I've been wanting to pick this up for a while now. Already finished the first one, brings back memories. :)

Ordered this online about 2 hours ago. Took 1 minute to get the confirmation email and about 10 minutes for the "we are holding it for you" email. Then my Dr.s office called to tell me the Dr. won't be in today for my 3:30 appointment and I have to call back to reschedule. The GS is next to the Dr.s office. It's always something.

I'll post later should the $9.99 cause a hassle in store. Otherwise assume it went smoothly.

Well the price was right, but had my first ever "this is new even though its open and theres big sticker residue all over the cover" experience. I actually thought that practice was illegal in NY since it had never happened to me before. Now I know.

I bought it anway, it was $9.99 w/ my store credit, I have $74 left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered this online about 2 hours ago. Took 1 minute to get the confirmation email and about 10 minutes for the "we are holding it for you" email. Then my Dr.s office called to tell me the Dr. won't be in today for my 3:30 appointment and I have to call back to reschedule. The GS is next to the Dr.s office. It's always something.

I'll post later should the $9.99 cause a hassle in store. Otherwise assume it went smoothly.
Shouldn't, it's in the system when they ring it up.

Caved and bought J&D simply because 3 games for 10 bucks is too good to pass up. Never got into J&D back in the day so figured this will be something to do while I convince myself to go buy The Last of Us.

I went in today to trade in my old touchpad towards my ps4 preorder.

decided to check on a couple of these.

I picked up Uncharted 1/2 pack for $15. Also asked about Jak and Daxter but it was not available at the store.

Then I was informed they can order it and have it shipped straight to me. (Free shipping!) I did not know they did this in store. So I picked it up for $10.79!

Then I was informed they can order it and have it shipped straight to me. (Free shipping!) I did not know they did this in store. So I picked it up for $10.79!
I didn't either until I was returning something yesterday and he offered that to the guy ahead of me.

bread's done
Back