Japanese Blue Dragon for 9.90

I was told the Asian version of Blue Dragon has an option for English...but you'd need to have a modded 360 to play it, and I can't even verify it definitely had English.

[quote name='freshzen']I was told the Asian version of Blue Dragon has an option for English...but you'd need to have a modded 360 to play it, and I can't even verify it definitely had English.[/QUOTE]
It won't play on an American system as of right now no matter what and that's why the thing's so cheap.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Yessir. Save your money for that.[/QUOTE]

I simply can't believe Eternal Sonata will hold a candle to Blue Dragon given the track records of the people behind both and what I've heard so far.

Heck, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are the main reasons I'm getting a (fourth) 360. (Well, along with Mass Effect, and Bioshock, though that'll probably hit Playstation also).

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']I played the demo the other day. I was very unimpressed. Battles were long, boring and tedious.

Zzzz.[/quote]

Agree but I still want to play it but now I know to hold out until I can get it cheap.

In 6-9 months the English version of this game will be cheeeeap. Like Viva Pinata cheap.

Finally, I want to agree with MugenNoKaze--I played the Demo also, and was not impressed. The combat system reminded me of a very early Final Fantasy. It's just not my thing.

blue dragon was great. it is totally worth 10 bucks. it's certainly worth more, in my opinion, than the "heavy hitters" that square has been churning out. it's an rpg as they once were. don't let the demo fool you. it's an odd thing to come in at that point with all skills available, but no context.

btw, the best part is that there are no femme fellas to be cool/evil/emo/metro. that alone is worth 10 bucks.

instead of a 15 year old we now have a 10 year old, not much better IMO. Can we just get a mature main character in rpgs already? like snake....

[quote name='thakingrocka']blue dragon was great. it is totally worth 10 bucks. it's certainly worth more, in my opinion, than the "heavy hitters" that square has been churning out. it's an rpg as they once were. don't let the demo fool you. it's an odd thing to come in at that point with all skills available, but no context.

btw, the best part is that there are no femme fellas to be cool/evil/emo/metro. that alone is worth 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm expecting. I basically don't care about Square aside from Hironobu Sakaguchi's games-so I fully expect his Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey to be much better games than anything Square is capable of without him.

I'd say I don't care about Square at all without him, but I did at least enjoy Final Fantasy 12 and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (though not nearly as much as Sakaguchi's games).

bread's done
Back