Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can validate this yes with a second yes. I've purchased at least 8 games from Gamefly (Vita, PS3, PS4, and 3DS), and they've all come with the case/booklet and in great condition.
Yep, Gamefly used sales are awesome. I have also ordered several games and everything comes complete and in Like New condition. Besides the disc (blu rays are resilient anyways), it's always like someone had just taken the plastic wrap off the case.

Yeah, Gamefly just rents the physical disc or carts, and everything else is set aside after opening. There really is no great science to it, only one part of the overall package is ever touched, and that's the actual game. If the case and manuals weren't perfect, then I would wonder why.

Idol Death Game TV Gets New Trailer Starring Cute Idols and Creepy Host

Drive Girls game and character introduction trailers
Do we know if any of those two will contain English subs on the Asia version, or basically just "wait for release and see"?

Replaying through the English Dragon Quest Builders demo feels a lot better than when I went through it via the Japanese demo. I think I might grab it since I have a nice amount of Amazon credit thanks to a recent manufacturer screw-up.

And man, those villagers are assholes. Now I wonder what they say in the Japanese version because somehow I feel like it's something entirely different.

Root Letter limited edition announced

2z7h1s7.jpg

This limited edition is separate from the Rice Digital-exclusive “Pen Pal Edition” announced last week. It is currently available for pre-order at VGP (PS4, PS Vita)
I'd like to order that. But it looks like they're doing exactly what they did with Gal*Gun. The PAL region version is a LE with the artbook/slipbox. The US release is just a standard game with an artbook, not even shrinkwrapped together. The artbook will probably be roughly DVD box sized and 20-30 pages, and cost ~$10 more than the standard non-artbook version. If I'm going to be upsold on such a worthless book, at least give me some shrinkwrap so I can leave it sealed in my backlog and pretend it's a collectable.

I'd like to order that. But it looks like they're doing exactly what they did with Gal*Gun. The PAL region version is a LE with the artbook/slipbox. The US release is just a standard game with an artbook, not even shrinkwrapped together. The artbook will probably be roughly DVD box sized and 20-30 pages, and cost ~$10 more than the standard non-artbook version. If I'm going to be upsold on such a worthless book, at least give me some shrinkwrap so I can leave it sealed in my backlog and pretend it's a collectable.
don't forget the insanely high shipping....

Replaying through the English Dragon Quest Builders demo feels a lot better than when I went through it via the Japanese demo. I think I might grab it since I have a nice amount of Amazon credit thanks to a recent manufacturer screw-up.

And man, those villagers are assholes. Now I wonder what they say in the Japanese version because somehow I feel like it's something entirely different.
I was honestly disappointed the demo ended at the giant mallet but I enjoyed the gameplay and art so it stays a Day 1.

Code Realize is pretty good. I thought it was a high quality otome game, and enjoyed it a decent amount. I still need like 3 endings or so, but it was fun and the art gorgeous. 

Anybody gotten their extra Zero Time Dilemma watches yet?

Amazon sent me a message back on the 15th saying they were in the mail, and if it didn't arrive in 7 business days I should complain and they'll send another. It never arrived, I complained, they told me I just need to wait more. Now out of the blue they sent me another $150 in promotional credit, so I can buy my second for $250.

Anybody gotten their extra Zero Time Dilemma watches yet?

Amazon sent me a message back on the 15th saying they were in the mail, and if it didn't arrive in 7 business days I should complain and they'll send another. It never arrived, I complained, they told me I just need to wait more. Now out of the blue they sent me another $150 in promotional credit, so I can buy my second for $250.
Yeah, I just got that credit as well, and was like WTF?!

If anyone figures out what it's for, or if it can be used for anything besides that damn watch, post it here.

Yeah, I just got that credit as well, and was like WTF?!

If anyone figures out what it's for, or if it can be used for anything besides that damn watch, post it here.
If you guys aren't aware yet, the price for the ZTD watches dropped to $150. The promo should be able to cover the cost of the watch now.

If you guys aren't aware yet, the price for the ZTD watches dropped to $150. The promo should be able to cover the cost of the watch now.
Holy Shit, WTF?!

I just grabbed another one, thanks for the heads up. The link Amazon sent me was to the $500 dollar one at first, but now it just showed up in my cart as a stand alone item, and I was able to check out with free shipping and the $150 watch.

Now does anyone know what this credit was for?

I wonder if they're just trying to get rid of the watches now.
Well, originally I had 3 orders placed 2 Vita, and 1 3DS. Right before release, I cancelled the 3DS one, and once they offered the watches, I should have gotten 2, for my Vita orders, but they said that was Aksys problem and to contact them, as the email link they sent was just for 1.

Of course Aksys never replied, and I said fuck it, as I was just happy to get one. Then weeks later I got one out of the blue, which I guess was for the cancelled 3DS one, and now a credit. So I don't know if this was for the second one they never wanted to give me, or who the hell knows at this point.

Kind of ashamed at how much I'm enjoying the DQ Builders demo. Wrote it off as a shameless cash-in copycat, which it probably still is, but it's got lots of character and is really fun to play. 

If I wasn't still playing P5 and waiting for World of FF I'd think about getting this Day 1. 

Kind of ashamed at how much I'm enjoying the DQ Builders demo. Wrote it off as a shameless cash-in copycat, which is probably still is, but it's got lots of character and is really fun to play.

If I wasn't still playing P5 and waiting for World of FF I'd think about getting this Day 1.
The demo is shockingly fun to me too. Really getting excited for the full version.

Kind of ashamed at how much I'm enjoying the DQ Builders demo. Wrote it off as a shameless cash-in copycat, which it probably still is, but it's got lots of character and is really fun to play.
Nah, you're good. You should only feel ashamed if you were playing something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2iJLy-1IGg

Finished Funbag Fantasy so here's a mini-review of sorts:

This was worth the extra cost....it was worth whatever I paid, though it wasn't a cheap VN. It is a Nukige through and through, but the characters and the story and setting are all pretty good. I also like the mystery of some stuff, and if you do all the endings you will figure out the mystery without many loose ends. It took me a few late nights to finish all the routes. It's a good mid sized VN, easily being in the 20-30 hour range i'm guessing. I thought the art was pretty good overall, though you can tell the author liked 2 things a lot

NSFW
Lactation and Tit Jobs

I can see why the series is pretty well liked in Japan. It was pretty fun for the most part and the main guy had some issues, but was generally a nice guy and not a bad main character. The girls all have their quirks and all have massive breasts. Some of the designs are off IMHO, but overall alright. The odd thing I felt about the game was most of the time there was no music playing, so a lot of scenes don't have background music. It was jarring to me, but not horrible. I can easily say this is the best Nukige I've played since Imouto Paradise. Worth the money and worth supporting. There are quite a few in this series and I want to see them all localized.

so..... i just received my copy of River City Ranson: Tokyo Rumble from Amazon and....... it didnt come with the Limited Keychain   fuck 

I emailed customer service, so lets see what happens.

Anyone else have this problem? I hope this does not become another ZTD watch incident   :wall:

Danganronpa V3 Japanese limited edition detailed

wjue74.jpg
The limited edition includes:

• Custom-illustrated Exclusive Box – An original design box illustrated by character designer Rui Komatsuzaki.
  • Original Anime Super Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the Destroyer of the World (Blu-ray) – Nagito Komaeda, who experienced death in the program. What kind of world did he see? How did he wake up? An original, single episode story that continues from the Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy anime.
  • New Monokuma Strap – A soft Monokuma strap featuring three phrases recorded by his voice actress, Tarako, activated by pushing his stomach.
  • New Danganronpa V3 Academy for Gifted Prisoners Investigation Book – An easy-to-carry-size book containing profiles and creation materials for the 16 characters of New Danganronpa V3, plus Monokuma and the Monokumas.
  • Danganronpa Calendar 2017 – A 2017 calendar containing characters from the Danganronpa series, as well as entries for their birthdays (this includes the characters from the Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy anime).
  • Soundtrack & Cast Comment CD – The best songs from New Danganronpa V3 as chosen by composer Masafumi Takada, plus comments from the cast that play the characters in the gaem, all on a single disc.
  • Original Custom Theme Download Code – A download code for a custom theme with an exclusive design for PlayStation 4 or PS Vita. 

Atelier Firis Gets Lots of Adorable Gameplay Footage

You can check out the footage in the video below at the 11 minute mark, at the 28 minute mark, and at the 47 minute mark, showcasing cutscenes, alchemy, battle and more in the trademark adorable art style that characterizes the Atelier series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2AkcQFwSDg

Kamigokuto: Mary Skelter Shows How to “Purify” The Girls in New Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAQ_EFzIDRY

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power-Up Kit launches December 22 in Japan

Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune ‘Vert’s Room’ teaser website opened

bread's done
Back