Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just leave this here
W33h_Mcj.jpg

:wall:
So? Youre still going to buy it.

I suppose I should look forward to the April Fools shit that will be posted this week as news. Two semi-interesting games releasing this week with a slew of Visual Novels if they can stop pushing the date back within a week of its intended release. Totally not angry at this shit.

Weekly Releases (March 27th - April 2nd)

Nights of Azure

- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A

Trillion: God of Destruction

- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: RPG / Dungeon Crawler

- Comments: The gameplay is more reminiscent of a roguelike than a typical first person dungeon crawler. However they call it a dungeon crawler, so that's what I'm listing it as.

NightCry

- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Horror / Adventure

Resident Evil 6

- Platform(s): PS4 / Xbox One
- Genre: Survival Horror
- Online: There should be online, like previous platform releases.

- Comment: Just a release on new platforms as it already released on other platforms.

Tokyo Babel

- Genre: Visual Novel / Action
- Demo: Demo is available at MangaGamer (NSFW site)

- Comment: Action I believe is just got it being more geared towards an action story, not necessarily gameplay.

Magical Eyes - Red is for Anguish

- Genre: Visual Novel / Mystery

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition

- Genre: Visual Novel

- Comments: Release is still set for March on PC, so I'm listing it but it may not release this week. Vita port obviously a ways away. If it wasn't clear enough, NOT VITA RELEASE. :whistle2:

Starlight Vega

- Genre: Visual Novel
- Demo: There is a demo available.

- Comments: I put this in a previous week, but it apparently got pushed back for a 'March' release. As this is the last week in March, I'll go ahead and re-list it. I won't be re-listing it a third time again though.

Past Releases

March 20th - March 26th

March 13th - March 19th

March 6th - March 12th

February 28th - March 5th

February 21st - February 27th

I really hope Root Double comes out this week but with 0 updates pretty much on that front I sincerely doubt it. I am getting Trillion (Got it for about $10 with some Best Buy gcs) and Tokyo Babel since I love supporting Mangagamer and I haven't bought one of theirs in a while, since I passed on Beat Blades Haruka (just didn't look like my type of game, and I'm not making a mistake like Euphoria again).

Sony Boss: We Could Make PlayStation VR Support PC in the Future
http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/27/sony-boss-we-could-make-playstation-vr-support-pc-in-the-future/

Dark Souls III Looks and Plays Fantastic on PC; Watch 40 Minutes of Brutal Gameplay in 1080p/60 FPS
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/27/dark-souls-iii-looks-and-plays-fantastic-on-pc-watch-40-minutes-of-brutal-gameplay-in-1080p60-fps/

Twenty Minutes of One Piece: Burning Blood PS4 Gameplay Show an All-Out Battle
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/27/twenty-minutes-of-one-piece-burning-blood-ps4-gameplay-show-an-all-out-battle/

Hatsune Miku Expo 2016 in Japan – Fukuoka Concert Setlist 
http://www.mikufan.com/hatsune-miku-expo-2016-in-japan-concert-setlist-spoilers%e3%83%8d%e3%82%bf%e3%83%90%e3%83%ac/

I suppose I should look forward to the April Fools shit that will be posted this week as news. Two semi-interesting games releasing this week with a slew of Visual Novels if they can stop pushing the date back within a week of its intended release. Totally not angry at this shit.

Weekly Releases (March 27th - April 2nd)

Nights of Azure

- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action RPG
Oh, I forgot that was coming out this week. Thanks.

Just got a cancellation e-mail from GameStop for Bravely Second CE. I'm seriously pissed right now. About 3 weeks ago they were letting people place more pre-orders on their site, so I thought I was safe in getting a copy. I guess not. fucking GameStop.

Just got a cancellation e-mail from GameStop for Bravely Second CE. I'm seriously pissed right now. About 3 weeks ago they were letting people place more pre-orders on their site, so I thought I was safe in getting a copy. I guess not. fucking GameStop.
Sorry to hear that. That sucks, because you just know they're going to re-open orders on their website at some point in the future too.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it ends up working out for you.

A DR2 prequel anime seems like it's missing the point tremendously. Nobody is going to want to hang around for a prequel after getting the resolution we've been waiting years for.

I'm just glad I got my order at BB for Bravely Second...unless a bunch of them end up listed through their eBay store again like FE SE, and my copy gets sold there, and I end up waiting an extra month for mine to be shipped, and even though they give me a $50 gift card to compensate me for my time, which I will begrudgingly accept, deep down inside my heart there will be a feeling of anguish that seeps into the depths of my soul because of the crushing feeling of being royally screwed by BB, and I will periodically appear online making passive aggressive remarks to spite them for the rest of my life.

tumblr_mxqeufd9Ix1s8eeeeo1_400.gif

I'm just glad I got my order at BB for Bravely Second...unless a bunch of them end up listed through their eBay store again like FE SE, and my copy gets sold there, and I end up waiting an extra month for mine to be shipped, and even though they give me a $50 gift card to compensate me for my time, which I will begrudgingly accept, deep down inside my heart there will be a feeling of anguish that seeps into the depths of my soul because of the crushing feeling of being royally screwed by BB, and I will periodically appear online making passive aggressive remarks to spite them for the rest of my life.
This is why I only pre-order super rare/niche stuff at Amazon. Best Buy just shits the bed too often, and Gamestop oversells on stuff that is really rare (Like Fire Emblem Fates SE). Never had an order cancelled from Amazon outside of that second wave of FE Fate SE's (Though they still sent my first one on time)

That sucks, gamestop blows. You're welcome to have one of my pre-orders if you'd like, man.

Fate/Extra: Last Encore Anime Announced, To Begin Airing In Japan In 2017

Marvelous announced during Anime Japan 2016 this weekend that Type-Moon’s PSP game, Fate/Extra is getting an anime called Fate/Extra Last Encore, and it’ll begin airing sometime next year. Teaser.

North American box art and screenshots for Monster Hunter Generations

Take a Better Look at Final Fantasy XIV’s Japan Only (For Now) Maid and Butler Outfits

Fate/Extella Has Been In Development Since Before Fate/Grand Order

Marvelous is working on a high-speed Musou-style game for the Fate series with Fate/Extella, and they shared some additional information during Anime Japan 2016, including a Fate/Grand Order collaboration.

Gameplay trailer for Grand Kingdom. Looks decently interesting. Still angry I didn't get the 40% off for it despite getting the 40% off for Stranger of Sword City in the same damn order. Oh well, $64 for the Limited Edition isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGmjqMiU63k

Toukiden 2’s New Trailer Shows Off More Of Its Open-World Oni-Hunting Action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOWzBnv6EEE

See More of Star Fox Guard in New Promo Video - Video

Yo-kai Sangokushi opening movie, screenshots

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 screenshot shows Daybreak Town

Bandai Namco Opening a VR-Focused Center in Tokyo

As for the demos involved – they run the gamut of themes, including:
Fear of Heights Show: Rescue a cat on top of a narrow piece of wood, 200m above the ground.
Ski Rodeo: A ski experience that lets you race through snowy mountains.
Real Drive: A “realistic” simulation of driving a sports car, on a racing circuit.
Escape Ward Omega: Set in a giant abandoned hospital, this horror experience will question how far VR horror can go.
Train Meister: You get to control a Yamanote Line train, as a conductor.
Argyle Shift: You get to join a girl in the cockpit of a massive robot, only to enter mecha battles.

Sadly, it seems like Bandai Namco’s excellent-looking Summer Lesson won’t be making the cut (perhaps because they appear to be using HTC Vive headsets, while Summer Lesson supports PlayStation VR).

Star Fox Zero’s Hour-Long Footage Gives Us A Look At Plenty Of Gameplay - Livestream video

Muv-Luv Extra And Unlimited Have Japanese Language Support

In the update, the Muv-Luv Team confirms that both Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited will offer Japanese language support. People will be able to switch text to Japanese. This was in response to fans’ requests for the feature. The team also confirmed a re-translated version of the script, to catch any nuances that were previously missed.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force Footage Plays Through A Full Mission - Video

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 ‘Gaara’s Tale’ DLC trailer - Video

Yo-Kai Sangokushi Gets an Opening Movie - Video

bread's done
Back