Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Keeping it anyway.

On a side note, I never understood the one-handed unboxing video.  If you're the kind of person that does them (or would do them) then be the kind of person that rigs a camera up in order to free both hands for opening the thing.

Nier (is there a difference between xbox and ps3?)
Not in the American versions. The Japanese PS3 version is known as Nier RepliCant and features a slightly different protagonist and soundtrack, but all of the story and stuff is the same from what I understand (aside from a few verbiage changes and the protagonist's relation to another character). Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 releases in America are Nier Gestalt and are identical.

I can't seem to find out much about Atelier Sophie on the Vita? Is it supposed to stack up decently to the PS4? I know Odin Sphere pulled it off quite well, and I kinda have a thing to get them both on Vita. If only it was physical dammit, I'd save $8. That would've pushed me over the edge. If I get them both on PS4 tho, it would definitely be a better experience. Shitty OCD lol.

https://twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/739989422482042881

I can't seem to find out much about Atelier Sophie on the Vita? Is it supposed to stack up decently to the PS4? I know Odin Sphere pulled it off quite well, and I kinda have a thing to get them both on Vita. If only it was physical dammit, I'd save $8. That would've pushed me over the edge. If I get them both on PS4 tho, it would definitely be a better experience. Shitty OCD lol.

https://twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/739989422482042881
Runs well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY0YK2eA-ZU

I'm concerned about Shallie+ framerate but this one looks okay.

^

Keeping it anyway.

On a side note, I never understood the one-handed unboxing video. If you're the kind of person that does them (or would do them) then be the kind of person that rigs a camera up in order to free both hands for opening the thing.
He literally says sorry for lack of tripod because Derrick has it at the beginning of the video.

Runs well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY0YK2eA-ZU

I'm concerned about Shallie+ framerate but this one looks okay.
Thanks! It doesn't look that bad at all really. I'll probably just get both games for Vita then. That's awesome!

I disliked FFXII's story a lot.....way too boring and political IMHO. The game played alright though and did provide a challenge for sure. I also disliked how everyone felt very samey after a while cause of the way the level up boards worked. I understand in the later version that the boards were tailored towards characters instead of being the same for everyone. I will get it when it goes $20 like I do every other FF/KH remake.
I didn't like FFXII much either. The story was ok. I appreciated the fact that Vaan was more along for the ride as opposed to the typical set up, but I didn't care much for the MMO style gameplay and automated functionality. The different class boards does sound appealing though and I think there was a whole map section I never went to since I put it down once and when I came back to it just bolted to the end. So I'll probably pick it up when it goes on clearance as well.

Thanks for the recs!

I'll be looking at:

Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata PS3
Magna Carta 2 (do I need to play the first one?)
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Nier (is there a difference between xbox and ps3?)
nier wise the main character in the ps3 is a shonen instead of a dad because japan can't handle mains that aren't shonens ya know :whistle2:

I liked everything about 12 besides the story and the gameplay.  Exploring and the lore were the best parts.  It could definitely use a remake with ff13-2 or 13-3's engine.  Hell even using the .hacks offline mmo engine would of been better.

Ok the only Miku preorder for everything on Future Tone is the one that's 8424 yen, right? I'm fixing to buy it and want to make sure I didn't miss something I don't know about. I don't think I missed anything Miku (besides the concert :cry:) but I've not been on as much lately.

Ok the only Miku preorder for everything on Future Tone is the one that's 8424 yen, right?.
Yep, I know you can buy them separately but I don't see that option on there yet.

I pre-ordered mine a few days ago... damn countdown clock is teasing me!

Yep, I know you can buy them separately but I don't see that option on there yet.

I pre-ordered mine a few days ago... damn countdown clock is teasing me!
Yay! That's what I thought. I hate the wait too, but they're really spoiling us with all the Miku we get! It's literally the best thing to happen in video games ever! Lol I'm so excited for this, I'm buying other games still but I don't even know why anymore. I'll be playing and replaying this until I'm dead probably. Hatsune Miku overdose! :)

Demon Gaze 2 To Release In Japan In Fall 2016 For PS Vita With More Story and New Characters

Atelier Firis Introduces Two New Friends Illumeria von Lineweber And Levi Belgar

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ For PS4 To Release In Japan On September 8, With New Side And After Stories

Persona 5 launches February 14 in the Americas

Persona 5 will launch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in North America on February 14 in the Americas, Atlus announced. The PlayStation 4 version will be available in a $59.99 / CA$79.99 SteelBook Launch Edition, which is available only to pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases. A PlayStation 4-only “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition will also be available for $89.99 / CA$109.99

P5-Dated-Americas_002.jpg

P5-Dated-Americas_003.jpg

I'm surprised that Atlus didn't milk fans more by setting the CE price higher. Especially since $100+ CEs are far too common these days.

He literally says sorry for lack of tripod because Derrick has it at the beginning of the video.
I was talking about the many many other ones that do the same thing. That's why I used the word "you" instead of "he."

Unless you mean that Derrick guy takes everyone's tripods before they do their unboxing videos. :D

A little sad that the PS3 version of Persona 5 isn't getting any special treatment as far as bonuses go. But that's okay. There were a few moments there where I was seriously worried that the PS3 version wouldn't even make it stateside because of the focus on the PS4 lately. Glad to see its coming over...and for $10 less too!

A little sad that the PS3 version of Persona 5 isn't getting any special treatment as far as bonuses go. But that's okay. There were a few moments there where I was seriously worried that the PS3 version wouldn't even make it stateside because of the focus on the PS4 lately. Glad to see its coming over...and for $10 less too!
The fact that it's even being released is special treatment enough. :razz:

Just so you guys know, Ann's cleavage is covered by Morgana on the NA box art.

Persona-5_2016_06-07-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

l_572b4c80994ec_thumb.jpg

Ann's cleavage too sexy for the West.

Actually they moved it because they didnt want the ESRB logo to cover up Morgana's face. (Cero Logo is smaller)

I'm surprised that Atlus didn't milk fans more by setting the CE price higher. Especially since $100+ CEs are far too common these days.
I was thinking the same thing. Totally expected a $200-300 CE for Persona 5.

Has anyone ever had trouble with pre-ordering online for store pickup on release day with GameStop? I've never tried it before.

Btw, the Persona 5 CE is up on GameStop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/persona-5-take-your-heart-edition/131357
Yes, all the time. If you order one of these from GS you better get it ship to home. Stores have less #items than pre-orders on high-demand stuff quite frequently.

bread's done
Back