Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine just shows this:

muvluv.jpg

So I guess I'm getting a VITA code along with my VITA physical copy not steam key.. I don't even remember choosing lol

I know it was one or the other... oh well.

Where they supposed to give Steam Keys to ppl who backed the VITA version?
I don't remember, but I thought they did & I didn't receive anything..
I think only higher tiers got it. I got the $150 tier for the Vita physical version and I got Steam codes today.

Mine just shows this:

muvluv.jpg

So I guess I'm getting a VITA code along with my VITA physical copy not steam key.. I don't even remember choosing lol

I know it was one or the other... oh well.
Took a while to dig this up but it will answer your question. You probably didn't choose which code and it defaulted to the platform you backed.

$80 + shipping gets you the Standard Edition of Muv Luv Vita and a Digital Code of your platform (PC/Vita/or Android) choice.

$150 + shipping gets you the Collector's Edition of Muv Luv Vita (or PC) (Degica made it that anyone who back the $150 Edition gets all the Stretch Goals for free for the most part)
- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]: 3 Games on 2 individual Carts
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers : Basically side stories but are games in themselves.
- Sumika Figma
This is the only way to get Muv-Luv in a physical Vita Format. The Muv Luv Team had stated that the likelihood of a retail release is incredibly slim.

I really wish that Idol Death Game gets picked up for localization. So far from what I've seen it's like Love LIve meets Danganronpa.

By the way, I was looking at the ZTD trophy list and every is pretty much common rarity and the plat is just rare at 42.7%. Not like VLR was that hard of a game to plat, just long, especially if you used no spoilers.

Is World of Final Fantasy getting a ce? My guess is no, since we haven't heard anything at this point.

What ever happened to that breast growing dungeon exploration game? I know it will never get localized but I can't even remember the name of it at this point.

Is World of Final Fantasy getting a ce? My guess is no, since we haven't heard anything at this point.

What ever happened to that breast growing dungeon exploration game? I know it will never get localized but I can't even remember the name of it at this point.
I can definitely see a World of FF CE as a Square Enix store exclusive. PS4 version most likely though who knows, they may do a Vita one too (though I doubt it).

I really wish that Idol Death Game gets picked up for localization. So far from what I've seen it's like Love LIve meets Danganronpa.

By the way, I was looking at the ZTD trophy list and every is pretty much common rarity and the plat is just rare at 42.7%. Not like VLR was that hard of a game to plat, just long, especially if you used no spoilers.
Well practically everyone who bought the game is someone who has been waiting a long time for it. They already invested in completing the trilogy.

Just about every recent SE game got a CE.

Omega Labyrinth, I believe was the name. No word yet on localization, but perhaps XSEED will come thru for us. Also, the Mary Skelter game, which XSEED would be a prime candidate for localization as well.

September 16th....well I'll pick it up when it reaches $20. I don't know why everyone wants to release in September....I wont be picking it up anywhere near launch....earliest December.

Omega Labyrinth, I believe was the name. No word yet on localization, but perhaps XSEED will come thru for us. Also, the Mary Skelter game, which XSEED would be a prime candidate for localization as well.
Omega was it...I remeber hearing about Mary too. It looks cool but that also fell off the face of the Earth for a bit.

I think we need a body pillow CE for this one

Mary Skelter is a Compile Heart game, so I'd think Idea Factory would be more likely.

Then again XSEED seemed the most likely for Valkyrie Drive..

Not gonna lie, I kinda want one of these. And after seeing the game list, I'm even more interested.

Was planning to hold off on getting this since I felt disappointed with my import copy months ago, but those pre-order art cards and the idea of a collectors edition made me change my mind. I'm a sucker for extras like that. Guess I'm getting it in September lol.

Not gonna lie, I kinda want one of these. And after seeing the game list, I'm even more interested.
I'm really impressed with the number of third-party games that Nintendo got for this thing. It's Nintendo, so they could have easily just stacked a throwback system like this with their own internal catalog and called it a day. But Castlevania, Mega Man 2, Super-C, Ninja Gaiden, and even freaking Tecmo Bowl? They've put together a murderers row of some of the best and most popular titles for this thing.

I'm very interested to see if there will be any manner of title expansion for the NES Mini. Basically, will it have some manner of cartridges for playing additional games?

Wat.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144/photo/1
Surprised they're just not sticking to apps with Go being as huge as it is. They could rake in the cash with dollar NES games.

This console doesn't really appeal to me. I've got a PSP with component cables already.

I'm buying this simply on the principle that it wasn't censored. My only concern, I have yet to see any indication that this is PlayStation TV compatible.
The Japanese version was PS TV compatible, so the localized version should be as well. Hopefully, I suppose. I'm not sure if that kind of thing gets altered during localization. Probably not, but stranger things have happened before.

I forgot about Exist Archive....depending what I got going on in October I'll get it. Looks alright enough, though the characters from what I've seen seem very stereotypical. Likely will decide between that and World of Final Fantasy. 

Is the only place to get a physical version of Valkyrie Drive at Rice?
For the time being, yes. The standard editions of their previous games have appeared on Amazon closer to release date, which is what I'm holding out for on Valkyrie Drive and Steins;Gate 0. Gotta get that Prime 20% off, yo.

The Demo is decent. It has 3 songs (Satisfaction, LOL -lots of laugh-, Raspberry Monster) none of which have a Hard/Extreme Mode unlocked all you get is Easy/Normal which really sucks. You can also unlock Modules and accessories thru playing the songs on normal/easy. Can't say how many there are total but I have about 6 so far.

Graphics wise I think this game looks a bit worse than Future Tone because you can clearly tell the Models were upscaled from the VITA version. There's alot of jaggies visible & these weird shades in certain parts.

The notes do look clearer when they're zipping by on the screen than FT so the 60FPS does seem to help here alot.

All in all it's alright, nothing great. No Hard/Extreme hurts replayability (I know it's a demo but still!).

I found the Project Diva X demo hard to play after playing Future Tone so much. I am unsure if I want want to get it for my PS4 or if I want to get a NA vita cart.

Been watching Danganronpa 3, both future and despair arc, I can't wait for Danganronpa V3. I really do enjoy Monokuma's English VA too.

Interesting, it's listed as releasing on November 15th. Is this just an estimate? Because I don't remember a western release date being announced for this. I'm especially curious since the Japanese version supposedly releases on November 10th, which is a few days before.

Interesting, it's listed as releasing on November 15th. Is this just an estimate? Because I don't remember a western release date being announced for this. I'm especially curious since the Japanese version supposedly releases on November 10th, which is a few days before.
I think XSEED said it was coming out this year, so it's possible. Would be a smart move to stop people from importing it.

I think XSEED said it was coming out this year, so it's possible. Would be a smart move to stop people from importing it.
Yeah, that would be a great way to get the support of those intending to import it. But it won't work for me since I already have the PS4/Vita LE import pre-order paid off... :shock: lol

On another note, I just platinumed Zero Time Dilemma. Man, the game is pretty brutal and depressing, but I really enjoyed it. Those of you that finally got your copies of the game really have something good to look forward to. :)

Interesting that it's only coming to Steam and not PS4/PS3. Guess I'll stick to my import copy since I don't really like to play fighting games on PC.
Indeed. I would have bought it on a Playstation thing but PC only makes it an easy pass.

bread's done
Back