Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need 5* for arena though. Enemy levels and stats are based on your level and stats. If you have a team of 5*, theyre just gonna have a stronger team of 5*. A well composed team of 4* is better than your 4 individually strongest units in the arena.

fuck Takumi though.

And assholes who put a level 1 guy on their team so that their other characters severely outlevel yours unless you did the same thing.
Doesn't matter. every other team has Takumi. I lose fights (about 1 out of 4) I should have won because of ranged fighters or a dancer.

and honestly, from now on with orbs, I don't think I can afford to identify any Red or Clear orb characters and spend my next 5* on a redundant unit.

I've now gone five complete rolls without receiving a 5* character and I'm pretty pissed off. I've exhausted all of my orb intake possibilities. Super irritated with this game right now. Could have spent $40 and received that kind of disappointment. It's really frustrating when I keep facing teams of 3-4 5* armies of actually decent characters in the arena, and occasionally getting beaten by one crit.
I don't have a single 5* hero as well. Also have gone through 5 complete summonings as well with 20 orbs. I guess that's partly on me since I didn't bother doing the reroll trick. But eh, it's whatever. It's a free cell phone game that I'm having fun playing through pretty casually.

Nier: Automata has apparently gotten a 39/40 from Famitsu. Sounds promising.
Famitsu gave Nintendogs, LoZ: Skyward Sword, and FFXIII-2 perfect scores, so forgive me if I don't fully trust their opinion.

(NOTE: I'm not saying NieR Automata doesn't deserve that score, just that Famitsu isn't a very reliable metric for game quality.)

Just to note, I received the first of my "anime" games from Gamestop.  Either they're shipping gutted games as new, or they've sent a used copy instead.  It's hard to tell, as the case shows signs of wear, but they might have been caused during shipping.

The game came unsealed, without even their sad little plastic stickers to keep the case shut.

Just to note, I received the first of my "anime" games from Gamestop. Either they're shipping gutted games as new, or they've sent a used copy instead. It's hard to tell, as the case shows signs of wear, but they might have been caused during shipping.

The game came unsealed, without even their sad little plastic stickers to keep the case shut.
minigendo, meet Gamestop. Gamestop, minigendo.

minigendo, meet Gamestop. Gamestop, minigendo.
It's a first for me, actually. I've ordered from the website before but have always received sealed games in the past. Generally they have just had terrible packaging (and the games in a soft box arrive looking like they were used as a soccer ball in the warehouse).

I actually purposefully did an online order so I wouldn't have to deal with their new Circle of Life sales runaround.

It's a first for me, actually. I've ordered from the website before but have always received sealed games in the past. Generally they have just had terrible packaging (and the games in a soft box arrive looking like they were used as a soccer ball in the warehouse).

I actually purposefully did an online order so I wouldn't have to deal with their new Circle of Life sales runaround.
Unfortunately, if your order is fulfilled by stores and not a warehouse, an employee can just send a "new"/gutted copy.

I just had a customer support call with Gamestop that has left me feeling like I have been drugged.

I called and explained the situation, and was offered the chance to be sent a replacement, but this would take 7 - 10 business days.  I requested it.  As to the game I had been sent, I was offered a choice.  I could take the game to my nearest local gamestop.  Or I could just keep it.  He then signed off, considering the matter closed.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior? 

I'm uncertain how that conversation with the local Gamestop store is going to go.  "Hi.  Gamestop Customer Support said they didn't care what happened to this game.  D-do you want it?"

I just had a customer support call with Gamestop that has left me feeling like I have been drugged.

I called and explained the situation, and was offered the chance to be sent a replacement, but this would take 7 - 10 business days. I requested it. As to the game I had been sent, I was offered a choice. I could take the game to my nearest local gamestop. Or I could just keep it. He then signed off, considering the matter closed.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior?

I'm uncertain how that conversation with the local Gamestop store is going to go. "Hi. Gamestop Customer Support said they didn't care what happened to this game. D-do you want it?"
That's what happens when you buy off gamestop!

*remembers he bought x3 games from the same sale*

762522.gif

They did something similar for when I ordered Rorona plus and got Rorona. They just refunded my money and never said anything else about it.

For anybody interested,

Oisterboy brought this to our attention first,

dIGs45F.png

After looking around for some games, I noticed the code works with pre-orders, so it led me to this listing,

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-pre-order-zero-escape-the-nonary-games-for-ps4-or-vita

Tried on both, and the codes work for both.

And the best part is that since they're both normally over $34.99 retail price, it qualifies for free shipping.

Have at it people! :D

Just to make it clear,

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games PS4 Pre-Order $24.99+tax+free shipping

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games Vita Pre-Order $19.99+tax+free shipping

Note: Code may only work for existing accounts, so making a new account may not work.

EDIT: NOT DEAD

For anybody interested,

Oisterboy brought this to our attention first,

dIGs45F.png

After looking around for some games, I noticed the code works with pre-orders, so it led me to this listing,

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-pre-order-zero-escape-the-nonary-games-for-ps4-or-vita

Tried on both, and the codes work for both.

And the best part is that since they're both normally over $34.99 retail price, it qualifies for free shipping.

Have at it people! :D

Just to make it clear,

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games PS4 Pre-Order $24.99+tax+free shipping

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games Vita Pre-Order $19.99+tax+free shipping

Note: Code may only work for existing accounts, so making a new account may not work.

EDIT: DEAD
It just worked for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Uploaded a few weeks back but seiyuu Ai Kayano (Darkness), Rie Takahashi (Megumin), and Machico (sings the OP) played the beginning bit of the KonoSuba game for PC that is being bundled with the KonoSuba 2 Volume 1 Blu-ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTTL0ihi1E0

Famitsu gave Nintendogs, LoZ: Skyward Sword, and FFXIII-2 perfect scores, so forgive me if I don't fully trust their opinion.

(NOTE: I'm not saying NieR Automata doesn't deserve that score, just that Famitsu isn't a very reliable metric for game quality.)
13-2 is as perfect a game as you can get out of the very shit trilogy it was involved in.

Famitsu rings true every time.

Whoop!

Glad it's not dead. :D
Didn't work for me but thank you for the notice. Really appreciate it. Hopefully it works for the rest of you.

Other items of interest are Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 $50 > $25, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 $60 > $35, and PS TV $44 > $22

13-2 is as perfect a game as you can get out of the very shit trilogy it was involved in.

Famitsu rings true every time.
Is there anything you say that I don't agree with?

As much as people like to criticize Famitsu reviews, I actually find that I agree with their scores most of the time. Of course there are notable exceptions, such as the games you listed.

Jstars arrived from the gamestop sale & it was "Gamestop NEW" which means in their fake re-sealed pouch.

Not actual wrapping. It has a bunch of sticker residue as well. So yeah used games sold as new.

I think i'm hanging up my Fire Emblem Heroes cape. Very boring honestly and i'm tired of Arena. Lasted long enough I guess.

May be dropping Dokkan Battle as well since I've had to grind for terrible low level awakening medals. It's OK but a bit boring overall. I'm not sure yet.

Already dropped Dandy Dungeon as well. Nothing wrong with this, but just extremely repetitive and kind of boring after a while. Nothing really wrong with it....just eh....to same old same old. Very fair game otherwise for a F2P.

So yeah I need to download real games on my phone. I'm getting pretty tired of these F2P games and how long it takes to do anything.

I have come on a mission from your friend, nitrosmob.  That mission?  To bring you the warmest greetings. 

Don't recall if this has been posted here yet, but it looks like Akiba's Beat has been pushed back from a March release to 5/2/2017.

Am I the only one doing a happy dance that Berserk and The Band of the Hawk/Musou is finally shipping?  Come one I know I can't be the only one on here. :lol:

Jstars arrived from the gamestop sale & it was "Gamestop NEW" which means in their fake re-sealed pouch.

Not actual wrapping. It has a bunch of sticker residue as well. So yeah used games sold as new.
So far of three games ordered, I've received two unsealed used games as "new", one hasn't arrived, and the replacement offered for the first game (the only one I've called about thus far) was actually a refund. Something is rotten in the state of Gamestop.

For those who have not logged in to Fire Emblem for a couple days now, Fire Emblem Heroes is running a 1.5x Exp event, starting from last night, to the 22nd, so if you had trouble leveling before, or just got tired of leveling, this is a good time to start grinding again.

bread's done
Back