Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
For myself for what I want to see at E3.....eh.

- EOV for sure.

- Maybe NISA announcing a dungeon crawler or two....Great Edo Blacksmith and Coven of the Labyrinth.

- IFI saying we are getting Omega Labyrinth (hahaha).

- Gameplay footage of that Vanillaware game...hopefully looking like a futuristic Muramasa or such.

- DQ11 being announced and releasing next April/May or something, and the PS4 version.

- Someone please announce Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

- Some more VNs...any hopefully not Otome.

- Final Fantasy 6/8 PC ports on PS4.

- Atlus announcing next year for Radiant Historia remake.

Guess I just want more dungeon crawlers and VNs....i'm a simple guy.

Kind of glad I cancelled my Tekken 7 pre-order at the eleventh hour. I keep reading how the game has some serious multiplayer issues at launch. Definitely one I still want once the price drops. Wonder who the mystery guest character dlc will be...

Maybe they'll finally bring those MMOs for Monster Hunter Frontier G and Dragons Dogma Online here for us :whee: lol

BTW if anyone was waiting for that 4 player horror co-op game Hunt: Horrors of a Gilded Age that was announced at e3 like 3 years ago...it is gonna be reintroduced this year again at e3 after they revamped it into Hunt: Showdown...totally disappointed coz now instead of being like L4D + RDR, it is now like a team 2v2 pvp game apparently o_O

I'll settle for nothing less that full remakes of 5 and 6. You can't skip straight from remaking 4 to remaking 7, that's not okay.
You know damn well they are gonna skip 5. That game apparently does not exist to the fandom or to Square Enix, despite being one of my favorites in the series (Because it made the Job system what it is today)

I bet it's Pokemon Stars for Switch, maybe also a 3ds version depending on if Stars is a straight port of Sun/Moon or an enhanced 3rd version. I personally just can't wait for Sinnoh remakes sometime soon!

Also sweet for Megaman Legacy Collection 2, we're that much closer to Megaman X Collection haha, I already played 9 and 10 but I'll probably buy this on sale so I can't play 7 and 8 and have all the classic games on 1 console
It's good to know that the Megaman X collection is all but an inevitability, seeing as Capcom will do anything for cash.

Never really kept up with Steam games prices, but Blade Arcus is on sale. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/blade-arcus-from-shining-battle-arena

Is that a good price and anyone that has played it have any thoughts about the game?
I haven't kept up with it too much, but that seems to be a pretty decent price. You might get the same or better if you wait for the Summer Sale. Also if you don't want to play on PC, the game is on PS4 in Japanese (just in case you weren't aware) - but that'll probably run closer to $30

Sony Asserts That the “Vita Is Still a Viable Platform,” and Does Well in Asia

“Vita is still a viable platform chiefly in the Japanese and Asian markets. We still have developers in Japan who are building for that platform. But it just didn’t get over the hump in Europe and America. It’s hard to know exactly why, but it didn’t garner a large enough audience here for us to continue to build for it.”

Japanese trademarks: Atelier Online and Alchemist of Braceir from Koei Tecmo, Save the Earth from Sony, more

Senra Kagura: Peach Beach Splash Receives Two European Limited Editions, One With Extra Large Oppai Mousepad

Genkai Tokki: Castle Panzers launches September 28 in Japan

Sony Asserts That the “Vita Is Still a Viable Platform,” and Does Well in Asia

“Vita is still a viable platform chiefly in the Japanese and Asian markets. We still have developers in Japan who are building for that platform. But it just didn’t get over the hump in Europe and America. It’s hard to know exactly why, but it didn’t garner a large enough audience here for us to continue to build for it.”
Asserts the Vita is still viable, yet they literally don't even support it themselves with new releases.

giphy.gif

The first Mega Man Legacy Collection is on sale for $6 in PSN until tomorrow morning from the Capcom Sale if anyone is interested.

Any hack 'n slash games that has cute art like Eternal Sonata/Rune Factory/Atelier series?? Trying to think of things to spend my GameStop coupons on lol... so something that GS would carry?
I'm surprised no one mentioned Warriors All-Stars, I mean it's not all kawaii art but it does have characters from the Atelier series so it counts right?

Glad to see Darth Maul's in the game. Hopefully Count Dooku and General Grievous will be playable as well. I'd rather see prequel characters than the ones in the more recent movies.
Grievous was always my favorite villain in the series so I'm really hoping he'll be one of the playable Villains in Battlefront 2.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/sony-teases-big-announcements-japanese-games-e3-2017

"Sony teases “big announcements” for Japanese games at E3 2017"

Shawn Layden talking dirty to me
The standing ovation the press conference will get if Time and Eternity 2 gets revealed.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Warriors All-Stars, I mean it's not all kawaii art but it does have characters from the Atelier series so it counts right?
well...the GameStop $5 off coupons I was talking about is from the Kongregate promo which sadly only works on pre-owned and that game isn't out yet lol

I thought Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel was cute, only until I saw the battle scenes -_- ...geeez way too shōnen-ish/seinen-ish/fanservicey imo lol

Of course Pokken Tournament is coming to switch. And wtf instead of Stars we get Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? Why tf would we want to replay the handholding Sun and Moon all over again? I'd take another remake over these honestly :/

I'm somewhat tempted to swing Vita on Ys VIII LE - a Vita steelbook sounds pretty unique! But I think I'd probably prefer to play the game on PS4

Well not that there was any doubt, but after seeing Pokken Tournament DX will have 5 new fighters, 4 of which are from Gen 4 (Diamond & Pearl), Sinnoh is indeed confirmed

Probably in 2018 we'll see the remakes sweet

I'm somewhat tempted to swing Vita on Ys VIII LE - a Vita steelbook sounds pretty unique! But I think I'd probably prefer to play the game on PS4
I went back and forth between the Vita, and the PS4, but ultimately decided to pre-order the Vita port since I can also play it on the Vita tv. Granted the resolution won't be as sharp, but oh well. I primarily played Trails of Cold Steel I and II on the Vita tv. I don't see the graphics being that more more intense.

I thought that the PS4 version had content that the Vita version didn't have? since the ps4 version came out several months after the vita version.

Yeah, the Pokemon news today was pretty underwhelming.

Pokken Switch? Yup, knew that was coming but I wanted something new for the console....

Ultra Sun/Moon? Need more details on these. If they're sequels to the originals, that would be awesome (want to see how my favorite characters are doing). But if they're just a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/etc kind of thing, I will be kinda disappointed.

Should have known better than to get my hopes up so much.

The art and music are the only positives in the game since the combat felt tacked on. No need to min/max on the highest difficulty at all.
apparently it didn't live up to expectations in jp but makes since since they have been pushing out half games with the full versions released in a kiwami verison or something the next year, at least i don't have to fret over importing it, same with peach splash since i saw it up on amazon for preorder days ago, now hopefully that drive girls game coming out in europe and more info if xseed will bring over the school girl slasher

yea i got the email an own only 2 of them so figure it worth it for me.

WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -  only ep 1 redeem other 2

94VR6-GTDHI-WWRGT

Sunrider: Liberation Day - Captain's Edition - i backed this way back when it was a KS, got bunch of neat extras physical stuff so happy their.

0H6Z5-36RVF-7CL36

Sekai Project Humble Bundle is nitrosmob approved. I was missing a bunch of those. I think there are 18+ patches avaliable for the NekoPara games and the Karakara one.

Oh man, Sekai Project Humble Bundle filled out a lot of what I was missing for a few series. I am excited. Got some duplicates though, what's the easiest way to give them to everyone else? Just paste the gift link? My Steam already identifies them as being in my library so I can't see the key.

Oh man, Sekai Project Humble Bundle filled out a lot of what I was missing for a few series. I am excited. Got some duplicates though, what's the easiest way to give them to everyone else? Just paste the gift link? My Steam already identifies them as being in my library so I can't see the key.
If you click on the "Redeem on Steam" button it will ask you if you're sure you want to reveal the key. Might just be easier to make a gift link and give that away. Either way should work.

Also this is more of a personal preference thing, but I don't ever do key drops anymore. A lot of time people (or bots) will snatch them up without so much as giving thanks. I typically post the names of what I have, and I PM the Steam key/gift link to the people who post asking for the specific game (first come, first served usually). It takes a bit longer, but I feel better about doing it that way personally.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim coming west

"While 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is announced for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan, the press release from Atlus U.S.A. does not mention platforms."
Given the install base, it is almost certainly going to come to the PS4. Vita would be more up-in-the-air, but it would seem likely given the fact that the Japanese release will be going to both platforms, and most Vanillaware releases have shown up on the Vita in the West.

I'm a huge fan of Vanillaware's output, so this is very exciting for me. Can't wait to see more news about this title.

If you click on the "Redeem on Steam" button it will ask you if you're sure you want to reveal the key. Might just be easier to make a gift link and give that away. Either way should work.

Also this is more of a personal preference thing, but I don't ever do key drops anymore. A lot of time people (or bots) will snatch them up without so much as giving thanks. I typically post the names of what I have, and I PM the Steam key/gift link to the people who post asking for the specific game (first come, first served usually). It takes a bit longer, but I feel better about doing it that way personally.
Okay, thanks! Well I have extra keys for these:

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition

WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 and 02

Nekopara Vol. 0 and 1

fault milestone one

I bought fault milestone 1 last week and beat it over the weekend(5hours) but I don't regret that since I got it for a good price and really enjoyed the story. Well worth the price here.

bread's done
Back