Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, Fire Pro Wrestling World comes out on Early Access for Steam today. If you guys are a fan you should definitely get it. It's going to be awesome.

Omg Prime Day discounts are live!

:ps4: Digimon World: Next Order $26.99

Go go go go go go go!
You mean $8

QjF0f9X.gif

nice, I got an order in for eight bucks.

got an order in for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final for $13 too.

Coming home from work and missed the glitches. Would have been nice with that $10 bonus for streaming a video. Now the KH games aren't even available at all. Hopefully they come back at a nice price.

Nice that some CAGs got 'em at least.

Coming home from work and missed the glitches. Would have been nice with that $10 bonus for streaming a video. Now the KH games aren't even available at all. Hopefully they come back at a nice price.

Nice that some CAGs got 'em at least.
It worked on figures too. It worked on figures too... It. worked. on. figures. too...

Noooooooooooo!!!!!

giphy.gif

Speaking of figurines here is the life size Ram figurine that you'll be able to have go along with the life size Rem figurine.

Zp3KcMw.png

I know I missed all the glitches cause i was watching a speed run from SGDQ. Oh well...really didn't need even more backlog.

I'm not really feeling the Prime Day deals on Amazon. Most of them have been fairly weak. A few people are getting bargains thanks to temporary glitches, but that's about it. For all of the other items there are relatively weak sales that just don't impress.

I imagine that part of the problem is that "Prime Day" isn't really for the hardcore on-line shoppers like me. It's a promotion for the casuals who don't track deals obsessively. (also, a chance for Amazon to dump excess stock on low-selling items) All the same, aside from a few Blu-Rays, it's been a pretty lame sale for me. (and even those Blu-Rays are few and far between)

I'm not really feeling the Prime Day deals on Amazon. Most of them have been fairly weak. A few people are getting bargains thanks to temporary glitches, but that's about it. For all of the other items there are relatively weak sales that just don't impress.

I imagine that part of the problem is that "Prime Day" isn't really for the hardcore on-line shoppers like me. It's a promotion for the casuals who don't track deals obsessively. (also, a chance for Amazon to dump excess stock on low-selling items) All the same, aside from a few Blu-Rays, it's been a pretty lame sale for me. (and even those Blu-Rays are few and far between)
If it weren't for the glitches, I wouldn't have spent more than $20 on the entire sale. :p

I bought some khaki shorts because of how difficult it is getting the exact ones I want. Nothing else worthwhile for me, especially games.

BTW in other Falcom news, Cold Steel PC is delayed to August according to the Steam page. For a short period of time my bro saw that it was going to launch next week (the 19th?). Well no biggie for me; buys me time to finish Tokyo Xanadu...still don't know why I'm bothering to play the stupid Vita version. And besides next week I'll be out on business so no PC gaming for me then!
I'm more than likely starting the Vita port as soon as I platinum Aegis Earth. That is, if I don't go back to World of Final Fantasy. There's something alluring to me about Falcom games. Plus, I'm a sucker for PS Vita ports.

There was a decent 28" 4K monitor with freesync for $280. I was on the fence about it. It went out of stock, but then came back as a 1-2 month backorder, but now it's gone again. Probably for the best, I don't really use my PC for gaming outside of WoW anyway - but on the flip side that does mean I could probably push 4K with decent results using my 290X if that's the only thing I'm running on it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YD3DBOC/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IBJ75VA6MUOQ6&colid=68CFR9VBC4NG

I bought a trash can instead. :p

I went ahead and picked up Onechanbara and Sword Art On-Line: Hollow Realization from the Prime Day sale. Both were under $20 each. I had heard that Hollow Realization was the lesser of the Sword Art On-Line PS4 games, but at that price ($17) I don't mind adding it to my shelf.

I went ahead and picked up Onechanbara and Sword Art On-Line: Hollow Realization from the Prime Day sale. Both were under $20 each. I had heard that Hollow Realization was the lesser of the Sword Art On-Line PS4 games, but at that price ($17) I don't mind adding it to my shelf.
I'm not sure if HR is worse than Lost Song...
Either way HR is not very good, I picked it up a few weeks ago & put it down about halfway thru. Monotonous and just downright boring, plus the story didn't help, at least the pseudo MMORPG raids were fun.

Some thoughts about Dal Segno:

First of all the graphics are pretty decent. They are not too advanced though and feature no moving mouths or dynamic movement and mainly just does a weird awkward pan across the screen now and then. The music is OK at best...very background type material. It's just there. I have only beat one scenario so far, but it was not a smooth one. It was kind of overwrought and somewhat boring getting into a relationship and then the story took a complete 180. I was confused as all heck and it was just pure drama. Nothing was explained at all and most of the time was me wondering...umm OK. It finally did climax a bit and ended so-so for the most part. It threw a lot of important information at the end and just kind of felt rushed overall. It reminded me heavily of Chrono Clock, where the stories are nonsense for a while and try to end well but then end so abruptly. I'm not feeling this game as much, and the 2nd girl I'm persuing seems very similar to the first. I'm just waiting for the complete 180 in the story, but I know it's coming!

Not a high recommendation from me and it feels like a B Tier Circus title. It made me appreciate Da Capo 3, as that story went on too long, but every route had enough story and proceeded nicely. I'm even likely upgrading my previous grade of Da Capo 3 to 8/10. I still remember the story and characters so that's something.

Spoilers! I want to know nothing of the game. Even natural aging lol
only side characters seem to age in the games while the rest stay exactly the same :/ More than likely so they can reuse the character model in combat. Thus why alfin looks exactly the same years later while her little bro magically became 25...

bread's done
Back