Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Reflection is running around a girl's High School watching events by talking to characters. At some point each character arc will send you into an adventure field reminiscent of Atelier and require collecting items or battling a certain number of monsters to get an emotion crystal. In addition there will be missions to do the same thing. After doing enough missions the player can check in to start the next chapter. Characters are granted skill points for completing missions and that's the only leveling done in game. After enough side characters are introduced so the main 3 girls (known as Reflectors) get a new support character, large endurance bosses appear. 

Mythras figure just got announced :whistle2:
Oh nooooooo. Oh God... I found out about Mythra this weekend alongside this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/7ycji1/alisa_reinford_swimsuit_figure/

ixNov1Vl.jpg

And now Gravity Rush 2 figures?

So now I'm finding myself wanting five figures I typically don't buy (no...really, I - don't give me that look!). I'm torn between these figures or a set of Focal Clear. #FirstWeebProblems

I just had the weirdest dream about that Alisa figure...

Thing 1: Aaaaaaayyyyy Falcom asked us to make a figure for them.

Thing Boss: Nice, I always liked their characters.

Thing 2: Great now we can have Altina - 

Thing Boss: SHADDUP! *kicks Thing 2 to the ground* Well let's see the design.

Thing 1: Here, it's the Magical Alisa figure. As seen in Sen no Kiseki II and Tokyo Xanadu.

Thing Boss: Hmm...oh. 

Thing 1: What's wrong?

Thing Boss: The outfit. We can't afford that. And that design. That's too hard.

Thing 2: That's what she said - 

Thing 1 and Boss: SHADDUP! *both kick Thing 2* 

Thing Boss: Well you're the fanboy who sunk 1000 hours into their games. What do we do?

Thing 1: Um...how about....Oh! We put her in a swimsuit!

Thing Boss: That's....A GREAT IDEA! Wait, what's she look like in that?

Thing 1: Here lemme check. Going to load up Sen no Kiseki II. 

Thing Boss:  I'll come with you. *Gets up and leaves desk* Out of the way. *kicks Thing 2* Eh, what are you doing with a PS3 at your desk? 

Thing 1: PS3? Pfft, PCmasterrace fool. Complete with  the undub patch.

Thing Boss: Say PCMasterRace again and I'll kick you too.

Thing 1: Oh, sorry.

At the end of the video in small print they say Mega Man Legacy 1 is on cart and Legacy 2 is a download code. Why you do this Capcom? The same freaking thing is happening with Bayonetta Switch. This frustrates me, because I like my games physical and on disc/cart.

I was really considering buying this collection again, because I thought it would be cool to have all 10 games together on one cart, but now I don’t know.

I love and hate Amazon. I ordered Blue Reflection on Sat and it's already arriving today even though I used free non-prime shipping, but they are slow on delivering the preorders of my other games.

At the end of the video in small print they say Mega Man Legacy 1 is on cart and Legacy 2 is a download code. Why you do this Capcom? The same freaking thing is happening with Bayonetta Switch. This frustrates me, because I like my games physical and on disc/cart.

I was really considering buying this collection again, because I thought it would be cool to have all 10 games together on one cart, but now I don’t know.
Splitting up both Bayonettas makes some sense if they're larger-sized games, but I agree that not including all of the MM Legacy games on one cart is just stupid and lazy to the nth degree.

I thought Switch was going to be the console where ooooh how cool would it be to have all of these games in hybrid portable-TV form; I'm going to buy all sorts of cool games for the Switch!

Nope, hasn't happened. 

Even cross-platform releases I find myself still buying them for the PS4 when given a choice.  I think the tiny cover art and the stupid red spines have something to do with it.  PS4 stuff gets clearanced cheaper too.  The number of Switch ports of games I have previously purchased has already become overwhelming too. 

Switch is all about the exclusives, just like every other Nintendo console. It's not portable enough for me to really factor in that aspect of it. I can take my Vita/3DS with me really easily just on the off chance I have time to play. Switch is more of a hassle. So if I'm going to be playing on TV, can't think of a reason to get the Switch version over PS4.

It's annoying to see people always doing

"I don't want to look like I'm port begging, but is this coming to the Switch? As you know, I only buy for the Switch now."

Guess I'm a figure/statue person now. I have the Tracer and Reaper statues, Widow coming in the mail today, Pyra pre-ordered, and now I'll be preordering Mythra as well....

This made me pass on bayonetta and now mega man, actually considering getting rid of my switch at this point

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since the limited edition is currently sitting at $61.72 new on Amazon. I had been watching it slowly tick down from $70 over the last few days and I am sure it is going to drop a bit more but the few dollars are not going to break the bank. Had $33 in amazon money anyway so $35 out the door with free same day deliver makes it the bee's knees.

I thought Switch was going to be the console where ooooh how cool would it be to have all of these games in hybrid portable-TV form; I'm going to buy all sorts of cool games for the Switch!

Nope, hasn't happened.

Even cross-platform releases I find myself still buying them for the PS4 when given a choice. I think the tiny cover art and the stupid red spines have something to do with it. PS4 stuff gets clearanced cheaper too. The number of Switch ports of games I have previously purchased has already become overwhelming too.
Multi plats almost all wind up on PS4 for me as well. Better value per dollar, better ecosystem and online, and unfortunately for Nintendo I enjoy trophies as do a lot of gamers apparently. I still play my switch quite a bit but until they finally kill the 3ds and start bringing all those titles over it gets 2nd or 3rd billing most of the time.

Well, while some of you guys are worried about Little Witch Academia - Chamber of Time coming out in English, I don't think its coming out this week, probably not even a stealth drop, since it wasn't mentioned on this weeks PS Blog "The Drop" article.

However, Bamco wasn't silent about it and mention its still coming, later on, so a small delay I assume, or surprise stealth release?

twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/965322713928581120

---

Update, however, a listing over the Singaporean PS Store for the game lists a March 26th date. So the same maybe for the US?

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/EP0700-CUSA09642_00-ASIAPLACEHOLDER0

Well, while some of you guys are worried about Little Witch Academia - Chamber of Time coming out in English, I don't think its coming out this week, probably not even a stealth drop, since it wasn't mentioned on this weeks PS Blog "The Drop" article.
I've found that the PS Blog is wrong incredibly often actually. Although it does seem like it may not actually release this week.

Nope, hasn't happened.

Even cross-platform releases I find myself still buying them for the PS4 when given a choice. I think the tiny cover art and the stupid red spines have something to do with it. PS4 stuff gets clearanced cheaper too. The number of Switch ports of games I have previously purchased has already become overwhelming too.
It is always interesting to see what sets people off. Perhaps I *should* have eschewed engineering and went into psychology. The human mind is fascinating....

Weekly free PSN junk:

Final Fantasy XV

PS4

- Kingsglaive Pack (Comrades Exclusive)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

PS4

- Sistermon Ciel and Blanc

Vita

- Sistermon Ciel and Blanc

Secret of Mana

PS4

- Special Theme

Vita

- Original Theme 1

- Original Theme 2

This weeks sales are EA Sale, Far Cry Sale and PS Plus Specials Sale. Unfortunately there's not really much of anything thread related in the PS Plus Specials sale. If you're a fan of Danganronpa, there are a ton of new premium avatars put up in the last week from V3.

I love all the free themes PSN has been giving us over the last year.  :bouncy:  The new Secret of Mana theme is nice. I have used the RWBY theme for the longest amount of time; it has a soothing melody. 

The theme I still use is the Tokyo Xanadu Sakura Theme (JPN), the Invisible Theme (currently using this one), and the Senran Kagura PBS (JPN) theme

bread's done
Back