Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any opinion on Asterisk War Phoenix Festa? It's having its first PSN sale at $20 right now.

Anyone played The Caligula Effect and would recommend it? I'm tempted to pick it up during the current PSN sale but all the reviews for it are so negative.
Only played a few hours. It made me really sleepy. I like the music and way the vocals come in when you enter battle.

Hah! Another switch exclusive taken by PCmasterrace. The switch is going to be the next vita alright.

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/974363482232520704

Something tells me this might only be in Japanese.

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but If anyone is waiting on a sale for Digimon Hacker's memory, Wal-Mart has it for 38.40. 

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but If anyone is waiting on a sale for Digimon Hacker's memory, Wal-Mart has it for 38.40.
It’s cheaper on Amazon at $32.54.

I honestly see this game hitting $19.99 in the next month or so. It’s been dropping pretty fast.

"The PlayStation VR Helment is NOT required to play"

WwFVxEN.jpg

My 25th Ward: Silver Case PS4 LE came in today from BB.... And it was in a box! Not even a bubble mailer. Thing looks prestine. Super excited. Been pumped for this. Loved the first, but played it on PC from LRG. Hope the PS controls are good

My 25th Ward: Silver Case PS4 LE came in today from BB.... And it was in a box! Not even a bubble mailer. Thing looks prestine. Super excited. Been pumped for this. Loved the first, but played it on PC from LRG. Hope the PS controls are good
Does anyone know if Amazon ever fulfilled that $30 price mistake on the LE?

Ah I can't wait for Super Robot Wars X...just cool turn based games. I'm not as hyped for that Full Metal Panic game, but I'll always buy turn based strategy games usually.

Ah I can't wait for Super Robot Wars X...just cool turn based games. I'm not as hyped for that Full Metal Panic game, but I'll always buy turn based strategy games usually.
Same, already paid for SRWX. Will get FMP as well. Too bad the anime isn't out and the game could spoil some things (or not since I already got spoiled by playing SRWV)

Sonic Mania is getting a retail release in Summer 2018.

Sonic Mania Plus

Sonic-Mania-Plus-1024x625.jpg
I’m so freaking hyped for this! I had pretty much given up on this getting a physical release and figured it would be in a Sonic collection eventually.

Now the hard part. Do I get the PS4 or Switch version?

Sonic is now getting the Miku treatment, every game re-released the following year.

Can't wait for Sonic Forces Plus!   :whistle2:

[media]https://twitter.com/SmashBros_Nin/status/974760574058811397[/media]

Nice...physical Sonic Mania...FINALLY.  A year late but at least its coming.  Will have to get the PS4 version to put in my PS4 CE, and the Switch version for the heck of it.

Indiegala is having The Anime Heaven Bundle which has some mediocre VNs. I only mention it because it has Libra of the Vampire Princess: Lycoris & Aoi in "The Promise" PLUS Iris in "Homeworld" which I am mildly interested in which came out last year, for $4.49 during the early purchase price. Price will go up in 10 hours.

Indiegala is having The Anime Heaven Bundle which has some mediocre VNs. I only mention it because it has Libra of the Vampire Princess: Lycoris & Aoi in "The Promise" PLUS Iris in "Homeworld" which I am mildly interested in which came out last year, for $4.49 during the early purchase price. Price will go up in 10 hours.
Also worth pointing out. Its normally priced at $39.99 on Steam, with lowest historical sale price at $23.99. So the bundle is really good value, if anyone is interested in Libra of the Vampire Princess.

Also worth pointing out. Its normally priced at $39.99 on Steam, with lowest historical sale price at $23.99. So the bundle is really good value, if anyone is interested in Libra of the Vampire Princess.
You're confusing two games. Libra of the Vampire Princess is $40 on Steam and a full VN. The one in this bundle is a prequel kinetic novel that is $16 on Steam and supposedly not much content. I would have bought the bundle if it had the actual VN.

You're confusing two games. Libra of the Vampire Princess is $40 on Steam and a full VN. The one in this bundle is a prequel kinetic novel that is $16 on Steam and supposedly not much content. I would have bought the bundle if it had the actual VN.
Well crap. Feel like an idiot now.

That’s cool they are localizing Kiwami 2. Now I just need to actually play through 0 and Kiwami. The backlog is real right now.

Great to see Kiwami 2 coming, with what sounds like some awesome additions. Getting another steelbook is great too, but I'm a bit hesitant to pre-order it considering you can still get the first game, steel book and all, for $20 ($16 w/ GCU).

Wouldn't mind 0-2 myself.

It was such a hassle to get a non Steelbook version of Kiwami. I don't want to deal with that again! Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back