Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOOOOOO!

giphy.gif

The Resident Evil film series was terrible. The first couple was bearable, but then they just kept getting worse and worse, and at some point after the 4th one, they stopped caring about all the plot holes and kept bringing back dead characters. I recently watched the last one (The Final Chapter), and that one was an utter disaster. Even the special effects were crappy, and that's usually all the film has to offer. I also don't like how in the first one, she was pretty thicc, but then just kept getting skinnier and skinnier. The actresses who play Ada Wong and Claire Redfield get honorable mentions though.

Milla Jovovich isn't a terrible actress, she was great in The Fifth Element, (so great she spawned the Multipass meme...) but the problem is the RE series' director being her husband. So those movies became a glorification of her, and completely detached itself from the RE games.

Speaking of mobile games, I just signed up for the SMT Liberation Dx2 closed beta. I don't really have high hopes for the game, but I'm curious enough to want to check it out, so hoping I can get in.

Milla Jovovich isn't a terrible actress, she was great in The Fifth Element, (so great she spawned the Multipass meme...) but the problem is the RE series' director being her husband. So those movies became a glorification of her, and completely detached itself from the RE games.
The RE movies are and the MonHun movies will literally be his fanfictions starring his wife as a mary sue OC.

Hopefully they will be more available like the SNES Classic currently is. I'd like to buy them both (and some extra controllers for my Wii VC games). But, like love and marriage, I can't have one without the other.

why is her husband allowed to make movies? Monster hunter will only devalue its name this way.
The RE movies made money, which is really all Capcom is looking at. They're not really the kind of company that thinks its way through the consequences of what it's doing so long as the short term looks like it's going to make them some cash.

Fortunately the MonHun team has been more or less allowed to do their own thing up till now, since their own thing has been raking money in hand over fist for the past decade or so, so they'll hopefully be relatively unaffected by any of this, especially since MonHun is mostly made for Japan and Japan isn't going to give a shit about some terrible Hollywood movie.

I can only assume that the Monster Hunter Movie will involve lots of running around, with a bunch of characters that look like characters from other games, movies, and TV.

And swearing, naturally.

Mila Jovovich was alright in that Joan of Arc movie she did, I think. It's been a while, though.

Forgotten Anne does look pretty good. SE has been putting out some interesting-looking games at $20 lately and none of them seem to get much attention.

I can only assume that the Monster Hunter Movie will involve lots of running around, with a bunch of characters that look like characters from other games, movies, and TV.

And swearing, naturally.
I actually don't like that they picked Monster Hunter too, since there's not too much focus on a plot or characters that you can adapt for a movie. Out of all the franchises Capcom has, I think Devil May Cry would be perfect for a Hollywood movie, since its got that badass blonde-hair protagonist, and the plot is simple but dark and entertaining.

Guess they picked Monster Hunter since it sold so well recently, and they could have a female lead since they've all got hard-ons for Milla Jovovich.

I actually don't like that they picked Monster Hunter too, since there's not too much focus on a plot or characters that you can adapt for a movie. Out of all the franchises Capcom has, I think Devil May Cry would be perfect for a Hollywood movie, since its got that badass blonde-hair protagonist, and the plot is simple but dark and entertaining.

Guess they picked Monster Hunter since it sold so well recently, and they could have a female lead since they've all got hard-ons for Milla Jovovich.
It's going to be about a Handler (Jovovich) whose Hunter is killed while on a routine mission and it's time for her to handle these monsters their asses!

Coming soon: Monster Hunter: Revelations (tm).

Bet we get DMC another time. It'll be two Skarsgardes as Dante and Vergil.

Also, Dante's hair is white.

SE has been putting out some interesting-looking games at $20 lately and none of them seem to get much attention.
Square has worked so hard to kill their own reputation over the last fifteen years that it's not much wonder that their budget titles aren't getting much attention, especially considering their mobile forays into budget* titles, which have been coming at a constant stream for the past ten years and have almost universally been awful.

*compared to console and handheld, of course; many of their mobile titles are absurdly priced by the standards of the app store

Out of all the franchises Capcom has, I think Devil May Cry would be perfect for a Hollywood movie
I'll agree with this. There's enough terrible, shallow writing in DMC that the Hollywood version probably wouldn't look so bad in comparison.

They just found an old Turok: Dinosaur Hunter script lying around that was never made and converted it over.

"Let me just cross out this section here where it says Dolph Lundgren, and write in Milla Jovovich. Great, when can we start filming?"

Some quick Overwatch news. The Overwatch Anniversary 2018 event will go live next Tuesday, the 22nd of May. They are bringing in skins from past events, along with their arcade brawls. Looks like there are some new skins (Pirate Junkrat) as well, but not much else has been shown. I'll post that stuff next Tuesday after it goes live.

Direct Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/996012676449951745

EDIT: Also, Overwatch Free Weekend the Friday the 25th through Monday the 28th.

watch this not be part of the Character Pass. And no RWBY characters. Just 4, two of which aren't even part of the base roster.
The $20 character pass will bring the roster to 40 characters. All 4 RWBY characters are going to be free. This means people who don't buy the DLC gets a roster of 22 (plus potential free 1st character pack).
Arksys sucks at advertising so i guess people still don't understand this.

They just found an old Turok: Dinosaur Hunter script lying around that was never made and converted it over.

"Let me just cross out this section here where it says Dolph Lundgren, and write in Milla Jovovich. Great, when can we start filming?"
Why cross out Dolph Lundgren when you can get them both!

people sure are dumb.  Even with the two dmc characters dante and donte neither are blonde.  white/silver and black do not resemble blonde.

Not that weird. A lot of games get priced cheaper on steam than consoles. Btw, you can get it even cheaper on Fanatical.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/little-witch-academia-chamber-of-time

Use code May 10 to bring it down to $31
Usually the games that do release months after their console counterpart though. With simultaneous releases it's far more rare.

And yes, I'm aware of the sale price elsewhere. It doesn't do me any good if the person I'd co-op with it couldn't play it with me though. Thus why I'm disappointed the PS4 version is more expensive than the PC version.

bread's done
Back