Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Already either have everything, its way too high, or just a bad game.

Nearly got Bleach, but i can just as easily grab at a b2g1 at GS or something. If those Disgaea 4 figures were cheaper I'd have brought em

Yeah...crap sale aside from the Atelier stuff and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I don't know why their PSP digital stuff never goes on sale. I'd like to pick up Disgaea 1 + 2, Prinny 1+2, and ZHP for playing on my Vita.
Good choices! I think they have been on sale, because I've bought them all for my Vita (despite having had the UMDs), and I don't usually buy something unless it's on sale. At one point Gamestop was actually selling the codes for a few of those games, if not all of them, at a discount.

Good choices! I think they have been on sale, because I've bought them all for my Vita (despite having had the UMDs), and I don't usually buy something unless it's on sale. At one point Gamestop was actually selling the codes for a few of those games, if not all of them, at a discount.
D1 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99), D2 is 14.99 (instead of 19.99), Prinny 1 is 7.99 (instead of 9.99) and Prinny 2 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99.) ZHP isn't on sale at GS at all. Better prices at GS, to be sure, but still not really sale prices.

I dunno if it is still the case, but for the longest time you could buy codes for all those games (maybe except ZHP) at gamestop for about half of the price they are on the psn.

D1 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99), D2 is 14.99 (instead of 19.99), Prinny 1 is 7.99 (instead of 9.99) and Prinny 2 is 9.99 (instead of 14.99.) ZHP isn't on sale at GS at all. Better prices at GS, to be sure, but still not really sale prices.
Yeah, I meant codes for the digital versions, not the UMDs. Unless that's what you're talking about.

$10 and $8 sounds pretty good to me, man. If that's for the digital game codes, you should probably just go for it. :)

It's looks like most of what is on sale are 200 dollar giclees. Still too much for what amounts to a poster for me.

I could get Bleach for 15, but I've heard it's a very poor game.
It's like Dynasty Warriors so if you like those type of games , you'll like the Bleach game.

Yeah, I meant codes for the digital versions, not the UMDs. Unless that's what you're talking about.

$10 and $8 sounds pretty good to me, man. If that's for the digital game codes, you should probably just go for it. :)
Yeah, they're digital. If I didn't have a humongous backlog I'd go for it, but in the meantime it's hard to pull the trigger on older games I know will have great sales at some point. I just want that point to be now, is all. :)

The Atelier games are on the Vita and Neptunia will also soon be there. Disgaea 3 Vita was not only cheaper LAST year by $5, it was free PSN+ game a few months ago in both NA and the EU. The plushies and wearable merch is barely discounted (or in the hoodie's case, not at all) and the anime varies a bit in worth it to rightstuf will be cheaper (as they currently are with one title there).

Looks like the only thing really of note are the prints. Don't know how much they regular go for either.

Yeah, they're digital. If I didn't have a humongous backlog I'd go for it, but in the meantime it's hard to pull the trigger on older games I know will have great sales at some point. I just want that point to be now, is all. :)
Fair enough! Yeah, you'd think NISA would have a PSN sale at some point. Actually, I'd love that, because, while I have (all?) their Vita/PSP stuff, there is a lot of their PS3 stuff I don't have and want.

Nothing from me for the sale. I hoped HDN Victory would go on sale since it's been out for over six months.
The weird thing is when the sale first went live Victory was marked down to $30 even though it was out of stock, and now the page for it's been completely removed from the store. I don't know if that means they don't plan on getting more stock of it or what.

The weird thing is when the sale first went live Victory was marked down to $30 even though it was out of stock, and now the page for it's been completely removed from the store. I don't know if that means they don't plan on getting more stock of it or what.
Well that sucks if they don't end up getting any more of them. Victory is the only game I'd be interested in and $30 would possibly have been my price point.

Oh well, at least it's on PSN now. Maybe they'll have it on sale on there in the upcoming months. LOL

a week or so old but yeah its nice to know. can't wait for skies of arcadia legends 2 valkyria chroncles 3 and maybe 4 among other things.

You know there was a sequel, right? It wasn't released in the US but it's called Last Window and it's great. They also did a similar game called Again where you play an intelligence agent. That game uses real photographs for its characters instead of rendering.
I heard about Last Window a week ago and bought it on eBay. I never heard of Again. I will look that one up. Thanks!

I appreciate the Vita's in-game models...but I actually like the 3DS art 2D style better. Probably because I enjoy anime.
Someone mentioned in the thread, that the Vita version uses 2D portraits from time to time as well. I'd wait until we get more comparisons before deciding on which version to get I guess.

Is there a Fire Emblem shortage, my goodness prices for older Fire Emblem games on Amazon are high.  Hopefully Amazon prices matches Best Buy on the Fire Emblem: Awakening price.

Still on the fence on "Killer is Dead".  Very good price for the LE at $19.99 but the reviews from Suda51 fans were not exactly positive.

Anyone know if Amazon will restock SMT IV?

They had a sale, sold out, and now it isn't even listed as "Temporarily out of stock" on their website. I'd assume yes, because it has only been out for a few months. Way too early for Amazon to be out of it completely. Still, stranger things have happened, so I'm not sure...

They had a sale, sold out, and now it isn't even listed as "Temporarily out of stock" on their website. I'd assume yes, because it has only been out for a few months. Way too early for Amazon to be out of it completely. Still, stranger things have happened, so I'm not sure...
They just had a sale yesterday on it, so that's probably why it's out. I'm sure they'll get more.

Few months is a long time for a niche game like SMTIV

Production hasn't stopped on it yet though. Usually takes a year even for niche games.
At this point it is whatever copy they can get from the distributor unless there is a new reprint. Cart games have to be printed ahead of time.

Did anyone else purchase Sweet Fuse recently?

I got it today but it looks resealed

and the necklace was not included.

I'm guessing Amazon sold me someone's return copy.

Did anyone else purchase Sweet Fuse recently?

I got it today but it looks resealed

and the necklace was not included.

I'm guessing Amazon sold me someone's return copy.
Are you sure it came from Amazon.com as the seller and wasn't just "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or something? Not that I'm saying you're wrong, just that I've never heard of Amazon doing that. Either way, e-mail them and complain and they'll make it right!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/01/sega-no-plans-to-undertake-index-projects-ips-available-to-a/

So basically this is the best outcome possible. Atlus is still an independent company, just owned and funded by Sega and Sega is telling Atlus to utilize any of it's dormant franchises.

Skies of Acardia?! :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:
I so would want another Skies of Arcadia and Space Channel 5. Hope this means we will eventually see Shenmue III, Yakuza 5 and Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Anyone else get SMT Soul Hackers for $10 for BF/CM sale?

I got mine today and it came with Box and OST.

Woohoo for $10
So lucky! I missed it by about half an hour or so. I hadn't been following the correct page. I always looked at the dumb calendar page of deals that obviously was never correct :(

Happy too.

I'm trying to get every 3DS Collectors edition released in US.

All i have left are Code Princess and Adventure Time 1

And the holy grail of CE, Kingdom Hearts 3D mark of mystery.

Happy too.

I'm trying to get every 3DS Collectors edition released in US.

All i have left are Code Princess and Adventure Time 1

And the holy grail of CE, Kingdom Hearts 3D mark of mystery.
When did that become the holy grail? I recall them being clearenced at one point...

Received my Soul Hackers with the soundtrack from Amazon!  Was able to price match Fire Emblem ala Best Buy at our local Target (even though our nearest Best Buy is an hour away) but by the time I was about to order Killer is Dead....it went back up.  Still, I got quite a few games on BF and Cyber Monday, so all is good!

What? Where..? I remember the SE store had it for full price long after release, but I don't remember that being on clearance.
I remember it was on clearance at Gamestop. It wasn't available online though, a store near you had to have it. I'm not sure if that's the time he's referring to though.

When did that become the holy grail? I recall them being clearenced at one point...
Can you find them under $100? Cause if you can, id like to know so i can one.

It's the priciest 3DS CE behind the first Adventure Time.

What? Where..? I remember the SE store had it for full price long after release, but I don't remember that being on clearance.
I remember it was on clearance at Gamestop. It wasn't available online though, a store near you had to have it. I'm not sure if that's the time he's referring to though.
Probably. It was one of those memories that was like "oh, thats worth money now? It wasn't that hard to find at the time", like the original Zelda 3DS. Those were fairly common for a while, then a few months later, now they're worth 200+.

Can you find them under $100? Cause if you can, id like to know so i can one.

It's the priciest 3DS CE behind the first Adventure Time.
I remember when Target had a mistaken $20 online sale on this CE a month or two before it released. Was excited for it until they canceled everyone's orders. Decided to wait for a sale on it, only to find that they were basically sold out within the first week.

Had no idea the Kingdom Hearts Mark of Mastery editions were so expensive now. I picked up two from a Best Buy B2G1 when I had a ton of credit to use. Gave one to my brother, but mine's just sitting around somewhere.

I so would want another Skies of Arcadia and Space Channel 5. Hope this means we will eventually see Shenmue III, Yakuza 5 and Valkyria Chronicles 3.
I don't see anything in that announcement to warrant any hope over getting localizations of any Yakuza game we've missed or Valkyria Chronicles. I think the only hope it inspires is that Atlus might revive old Sega franchises, yes, like Shenmue, but I really think the likelihood is small in that case. Seems like Skies of Arcadia or Shining Force might be more likely (latter more so than former).

Sorry to be a bummer. :) I'd love it if Atlus stepped up and said "Sega, we are going to localize the Yakuza games and Valkyria Chronicles 3," but I don't think that'll happen.

Hope this means we will eventually see Shenmue III,
I still want to know where this is going:

pngEawp.png

Are you sure it came from Amazon.com as the seller and wasn't just "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or something? Not that I'm saying you're wrong, just that I've never heard of Amazon doing that. Either way, e-mail them and complain and they'll make it right!
It was sold by Amazon.com LLC so it is Amazon indeed.

Guess I'll give them a call/email tomorrow.

Probably a call... the last time I chatted with them online, I wasted 1.5 hours to resolve a $5 overcharge. Totally not worth it. Some of these reps suck at math/logic.

I still want to know where this is going:

pngEawp.png
What the heckter? Never seen that before. Going nowhere would be my guess. They probably wouldn't bother localizing it anyway. :p I am so bitter!

It was sold by Amazon.com LLC so it is Amazon indeed.

Guess I'll give them a call/email tomorrow.

Probably a call... the last time I chatted with them online, I wasted 1.5 hours to resolve a $5 overcharge. Totally not worth it. Some of these reps suck at math/logic.
yeah, that's so weird! I've always had good luck e-mailing them. I've only been on the chat thing with them once, but that was a Kindle issue, and I think those are handled domestically. The reps have to go through a complicated filter of whatever Amazon wants them to do, which I'd imagine occupies most of their capacity for conscious thought. They probably have 10,000 flowcharts in front of them for every imaginable type of call and have to follow along. Good news is that they are trained to make the customer happy.

how would you go about price matching the fire emblem at target? because I don't have a best buy near me but there is a target about a half an hour away.

and the same on soul hackers and smt 4. ugh I would of snatched them up for those prices in a second.  hell I was even considering ni no kuni for 15 but its sold out too bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back