Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Price isn't the issue. It's more I don't have the time to play all the crap I've been getting these past few weeks :(
The cursed backlog, I look behind me and see that shelf of games and have so much desire to play them.... But, I must use that time to learn Japanses and Programming/3D stuff

The cursed backlog, I look behind me and see that shelf of games and have so much desire to play them.... But, I must use that time to learn Japanses and Programming/3D stuff
Getting way off topic here, but by 3D do you mean graphics programming and may I ask why (because you want to, for school, work, etc)? My work is very closely related to it and it may be beneficial for me to study it more, so I'm simply curious.

Ordered Drakengard 3 today from Amazon since it's just $20.99 currently. (Haven't bought a PS3 game since upgrading to a PS4 last fall.) Pretty excited to finally play this one. Any CAGs play it? (I know it was meh'd by critics.)
I'm slowly playing through it right now. I think I'm on Chapter 3, anyways. I really enjoy it so far, but I can definitely see why a lot of people wouldn't. Personally it doesn't bother me, but most of It's graphics, controls, and the camera are all kind of bad, in a way, by today's standards. Especially for the scale and ambition of the game, which has a very grandiose but kind of poorly executed feel to it. It's also really bloody and the dialogue is cheesy as hell and it knows it. It's a really fun hack n' slash adventure, and the story, so far for me, is just kind of weird and crazy. It's really silly and extremely niche, too, which is all good. My main problem is that the DLC is more expensive than what the whole game costs. The Sisters Prologue Bundle is $30 by itself, and unfortunately you have to buy the Japanese Voice Pack, but that's how that goes, I have no idea how much the Prologues factor into the game, but they do have their own set of trophies and all that, though. Anyways, I've never played any other Drakengard or Nier before, so I don't know anything about that stuff. It's a ton of fun as long as you're not expecting a really shiny, super polished AAA title and all that. It can be kind of frustrating looking at the potential it has, but anyways, it's extremely messy and dirty and seems kind of like a low budget, B-movie, which definitely makes me like it even more. So that's my opinion of the game so far, for what it's worth. On a side note, I haven't bought a PS4 yet, so it might feel very dated and quite strange at first for you, i don't know, but I think it's really good in it's own way. I really hope, and I think, you'll enjoy the game too. For me, It's definitely worth that price, if not for the guilty pleasure, just for the sake of owning it. I got pretty much exactly what I was hoping for and expecting, personally. If I were you, though, I just wouldn't expect too much or you may be really disappointed by an otherwise pretty fun little game.

^ Sincerely appreciate the insight. Still looking forward to it.
Thank you! I always feel kind of stupid and lame giving my opinion, so i probably made it sound worse than is, but I think you'll really like it. If you've seen any videos or have read what others have said about it then you pretty much already know the worst of what you're in for. Everything else is pretty damn fun and entertaining. So enjoy!

^ Thanks for posting the trailer for FF Type-0. Looks pretty good - glad I have it preordered. Never played it on PSP...
I have it pre-ordered as well and I don't even own a PS4. I just figured I might as well get the Day One version for the Demo and wait for a Limited Edition PS4 at Gamestop to throw GS points into and make payments.

Not officially yet.
Are you sure about that?

Dentsu Entertainment USA, Inc. and TV TOKYO Corporation have announced they have teamed up with leading global play company Hasbro, Inc to bring the hugely popular multimedia franchise YO-KAI WATCH to new markets. In 2016, Hasbro will introduce an innovative toy line for the franchise. The YO-KAI WATCH cross-platform experience will also include additional broadcasting, video game and merchandising relationships to be announced later this year.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/13/level-5-is-partnering-with-hasbro-for-yokai-watch-in-the-west-and-toys-coming-2016/

Fans of niche games should check out the Humble Weekly Made In Japan Bundle.

Link

Good amount of doujin games and some other niche games as well. BTA is lowish as well. Games are listed in the Humble thread.

Finally got my firefly diaries game today

Can anyone confirm for me before I open it though that it will indeed work on the ps tv?

Got an email from Square Enix about my Final Fantasy Type-0 CE is going to be shipping soon and they will charge my card through 2nd-4th of March. Hopefully I will get this one as I am 0/2 on preorders from Square Enix. My girlfriend on the other hand is 1/1 right now, she stated that she should have ordered it and not me.

Fans of niche games should check out the Humble Weekly Made In Japan Bundle.

Link

Good amount of doujin games and some other niche games as well. BTA is lowish as well. Games are listed in the Humble thread.
I would also like to add that Cherry Tree High got a patch recently that adds an unamericanized translation.

Anyone have opinions on Magical Battle Festa? Every time I see this game, I think of Magical Battle Arena, but I imagine it's not nearly as good.

Fairy Bloom Freesia = Best game in the bundle. Very fun to play, it's like Devil May Cry with a little fairy girl

Finally got my firefly diaries game today
Can anyone confirm for me before I open it though that it will indeed work on the ps tv?
Ha - I asked the same question in here a few days ago. Somebody replied with a video link showing that it works. I cannot confirm first hand though, as my copy of FD hasn't yet arrived in the mail...

Dreamer, you open your copy first - and then let me know if it works on PSTV ... Kthxbye!

Finally got a shipping for Firefly...got the standard edition...I wasn't impressed by the soundtrack when I heard it on Youtube....so saved a bit and the game might be a flop....so saving money is good. Weird they didn't ship at the same time as the LEs.

Is it possible if we can put the newly announced games along with the limited edition announcements in the first post? Will probably be easier to keep track of instead of going back a few pages to see whats new.

Is it possible if we can put the newly announced games along with the limited edition announcements in the first post? Will probably be easier to keep track of instead of going back a few pages to see whats new.
I haven't seen the op post I don't think ever since I've been here , someone would probably have to make a new thread for it or something is my guess?

alright then will just have to keep better track of this thread then....... would it be possible to have someone take over the thread since the op does not post here anymore?

Yeah would be nice to have a updated list.  It'd be a shame to close this topic down but eh its either that or making a wiki or something and constantly linking it.

can't wait till my damn ps2 gets here so I can start .hack gu 2 & 3.  maybe make some more dents in the ps2 backlog after that as well with dq8 smt nocturne raidou and dds.

Guys, i am working on a new thread. Give me a few hours to get it up and populated somewhat. Just hangout here in the time being. If anyone is already working on a thread, I will stop my work.

I do keep an updated 3DS list of upcoming games and japan hopeful releases in the Nintendo Thread and the cheap 3DS thread.

I will keep those updated.

Ya, i love this thread too. Such an awesome thread. There are few thread I love like this one where people love niche jpnese titles like me and keep me updated on them all.

Agreed. Everybody in here is genuinely helpful and friendly. A great place to discuss these games - and not just talk about if they are on sale or not. *sniffle*

This is one of the few message boards I come to on a daily basis and multiple times at that. It happens here on occasion, but anywhere else I go ends up being an argument on which games are the best, who is getting off subject, and overall childish bickering. 

I think it should be expected to get off subject. Who knows when a conversation will bring up an old game someone doesn't know about, or a new release that's under the radar.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342929-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-20/

First cut at the new thread.  Please give me feedback on what you want to see.  You can keep this thread alive for now until I can get the new thread more usable.  Feedback here or on the new thread is most welcome.

1)  Still working on pre-orders through the rest of the year -- I will absolutely miss some games, when I am done, please let me know what I've missed.

2)  Historical data in google doc is currently empty -- please give thoughts on spreadsheet info columns.  Need anything added?

3)  Working on PSN linkage to weekly game sales -- Right now i've added quick links to the individual sales threads on CAG.

4)  Debating on merging steam/humble bundle into a PC subsection -- thoughts?

5)  Color scheme for subsections not finalized, but trying to associate color with the platform (green for microsoft, red for nintendo, etc) -- thoughts?

A 3DS release schedule and games that are announced but no release date.

Same with Ps Vita, I cant help with that part but i can keep you updated on 3ds games.

A 3DS release schedule and games that are announced but no release date.

Same with Ps Vita, I cant help with that part but i can keep you updated on 3ds games.
Thanks, my plan was to include the release schedule for nintendo platform also, I just have not gotten to it yet. Vita is already in the works in the current p/o list. Any game announced without a release date will just have 12/31/15 as a placeholder. Most people on this thread should know that, but I'll make a note of that.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342929-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-20/

First cut at the new thread. Please give me feedback on what you want to see. You can keep this thread alive for now until I can get the new thread more usable. Feedback here or on the new thread is most welcome.

1) Still working on pre-orders through the rest of the year -- I will absolutely miss some games, when I am done, please let me know what I've missed.

2) Historical data in google doc is currently empty -- please give thoughts on spreadsheet info columns. Need anything added?

3) Working on PSN linkage to weekly game sales -- Right now i've added quick links to the individual sales threads on CAG.

4) Debating on merging steam/humble bundle into a PC subsection -- thoughts?

5) Color scheme for subsections not finalized, but trying to associate color with the platform (green for microsoft, red for nintendo, etc) -- thoughts?
Nicely done. Beats the hell out of the excel spreadsheet I keep on my PC to track what I've pre-ordered and the release dates and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back