Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well got a reply to my busted up Danganronpan LE from NISA. Pretty similar to the one the gther poster here had, but they mention that they will be assuring that future orders are packaged well... we'll see. I had recently just ordered a 2nd LE of demons gaze and have witch and 100 knights LE pre ordered

"Hi,

Firstly, I would like to apologize about your damaged Danganronpa LE. We are currently working with a new warehouse located in Texas to ship out all of our current and new pre-orders and unfortunately, they did not provide the bubble wrap used in previous packages that we sent out. Again, NIS America sincerely apologizes for this matter and I hope it has not been too much of an inconvenience.

We have also contacted the warehouse stating that future titles, including The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Demon Gaze, will be wrapped much more securely and with care.

If you do plan an opening your Danganronpa LE, we can go ahead and send you an outer box replacement right away, or any other particular damaged items within the Danganronpa LE Box like the art book, soundtrack or the game itself. We will also make sure to use protective bubble wrap when sending out outer box replacements for Danganronpa LEs. But if you wanted to keep your Danganronpa LE within its factory seal, please go ahead and contact us at your earliest convenience, so we can further assist you with this matter.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
NIS Support Prinny"

Unfortunately, I do NOT plan on opening it. I bought a vanilla copy from BBY to play. So the fact that mine is smashed and torn open is just a total no go. I emailed them back, lets see if i get a real, sealed replacment. And hopefully the bit about future orders being packed right again isn't just smoke

man that 404 page not found game looks awesome!

holy crap. This is a sequal to the old Tecmo Deception/Kagero Deception series back on PS1 and PS2 right? Shit i remember taking a whole memory card up with the first one for a single save back in the day, lol

well got a reply to my busted up Danganronpan LE from NISA. Pretty similar to the one the gther poster here had, but they mention that they will be assuring that future orders are packaged well... we'll see. I had recently just ordered a 2nd LE of demons gaze and have witch and 100 knights LE pre ordered

"Hi,

Firstly, I would like to apologize about your damaged Danganronpa LE. We are currently working with a new warehouse located in Texas to ship out all of our current and new pre-orders and unfortunately, they did not provide the bubble wrap used in previous packages that we sent out. Again, NIS America sincerely apologizes for this matter and I hope it has not been too much of an inconvenience.

We have also contacted the warehouse stating that future titles, including The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Demon Gaze, will be wrapped much more securely and with care.

If you do plan an opening your Danganronpa LE, we can go ahead and send you an outer box replacement right away, or any other particular damaged items within the Danganronpa LE Box like the art book, soundtrack or the game itself. We will also make sure to use protective bubble wrap when sending out outer box replacements for Danganronpa LEs. But if you wanted to keep your Danganronpa LE within its factory seal, please go ahead and contact us at your earliest convenience, so we can further assist you with this matter.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
NIS Support Prinny"

Unfortunately, I do NOT plan on opening it. I bought a vanilla copy from BBY to play. So the fact that mine is smashed and torn open is just a total no go. I emailed them back, lets see if i get a real, sealed replacment. And hopefully the bit about future orders being packed right again isn't just smoke

man that 404 page not found game looks awesome!

holy crap. This is a sequal to the old Tecmo Deception/Kagero Deception series back on PS1 and PS2 right? Shit i remember taking a whole memory card up with the first one for a single save back in the day, lol
i owned a ps2 before, and i never even heard of it. LOL

here is some crazy gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqviq5Z2pQI

i owned a ps2 before, and i never even heard of it. LOL

here is some crazy gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqviq5Z2pQI
Nice looks a lot like the ps2 version but a bit smoother. Game series basically had you playing the bad guy and you defended the castle from heroes coming in.. at least the first one was. I think the later ones the invaders were more zealots or something. Was fun and unique for the time. First one took an entire memory card to save the game, lol.

gee though.. wonder if they'll be censoring that characters outfit for the US release /eyeroll

Is Trapt a good representation of the series? It was released on PSN recently.

It plays basically the same as the others, so I'd say so. It will give you a basic idea of what to expect at least.

it true, if you played one you played them all. each one play little different as they try too improve change things, i started with the first one on ps1. loved the story an mechanics were much harder as you could not easily change traps an if i recall right they had limit how many times you could use one.

were later entries you could change traps easy an just had recharge rate the first one was also only one were you could play with monster an send them at the enemy, one of the monster you could make was
your girlfriend who tried to save you then you could send her at her brother when he looks for her very mess up, or if your were good you could save her an it change the ending

each game has around 6 ending depend how evil you are or if you try let some people live so i enjoy the series as it one the few that let you be the bad guy an win.

tldr

series worth a shot if your looking for something different

And hopefully the bit about future orders being packed right again isn't just smoke
I told the support Prinny that if this happens again I'll report them to Etna and they responded with the proper fear, so I think we'll be okay for future shipments.

The PS2 entry in the series was called Trapt. Not sure why they changed the name with that one, Deception 1-3 were all on the PSOne.
They've never really had a particularly cohesive title identity in Japan, and the localized titles, while slightly more unified, were still kind of inconsistently presented...

Tecmo's Deception (Kokumeikan; literally something like Cruel Life House)

Kagero: Deception II (Kagerou: Kokumeikan Shinsho; literally something like Silhouette Prison: Cruel Life House True Chapter, though there's a fair amount of word play going on here)

Deception III: Dark Delusion (Soumatou; literally something like Pale Demon Light, though it sounds like the word for "revolving lantern")

Trapt (Kagerou II: Dark Illusion)

Deception IV: Blood Ties (Kagerou: Dark Side Princess)

They've never really had a particularly cohesive title identity in Japan, and the localized titles, while slightly more unified, were still kind of inconsistently presented...

Tecmo's Deception (Kokumeikan; literally something like Cruel Life House)

Kagero: Deception II (Kagerou: Kokumeikan Shinsho; literally something like Silhouette Prison: Cruel Life House True Chapter, though there's a fair amount of word play going on here)

Deception III: Dark Delusion (Soumatou; literally something like Pale Demon Light, though it sounds like the word for "revolving lantern")

Trapt (Kagerou II: Dark Illusion)

Deception IV: Blood Ties (Kagerou: Dark Side Princess)
Ah, that makes much more sense then. Thanks for the info. :)

I've got an extra Tales CE being shipped to me from Gamestop--so the packaging should be great. I ended up having two to make sure I get a mint one. Assuming it has minor/no damage, I would sell it for whatever they're going for on eBay minus the paypal/ebay fees. I know that's not being overly generous, but I'll still get the same amount of money, and a CAG can save at least $15-20 over the alternative. Hit me up to work out a price and reserve it!

Has anyone actually gotten confirmation that their replacement Danganronpa LE has shipped?  NIS customer service was very nice, but my replacement order has been sitting in preparing to ship for a couple days now.  

Hey got my FF13-3 all set up and right now I see that my CE guide has an Xbox 360 and PS3 code for the Art of War Lightning costume. Any Xbox 360 players out there that did not get one can have mine just PM me. 

Has anyone had much experience trying to split an order of two pre-orders?

I happened to order Witch and the Hundred Knight LE + Danganronpa LE in the same order, which apparently means I won't get Danganronpa until WHK releases.

I contacted their support to see, but while I'm waiting - has anyone tried before?

Has anyone had much experience trying to split an order of two pre-orders?

I happened to order Witch and the Hundred Knight LE + Danganronpa LE in the same order, which apparently means I won't get Danganronpa until WHK releases.

I contacted their support to see, but while I'm waiting - has anyone tried before?
How long has it been since you contacted them? I asked 5 days ago and I'm still waiting for a response.

I first contacted them on the 10th. I wanted to be sure that my item would be held even if it wasn't shipping until later.

They responded on the 14th.

I sent them a message about possibly splitting the order only just this evening.

re: My Witch and Hundred Knights order w/ Amazon.

I explained to the rep I ordered 15May12 and Amazon offered a price of $20 on 07Nov13. He changed the price of the Witch and Hundred Knights in my order to $20. It went really smooth - I was expecting it to be more difficult than it was. The call only lasted two minutes, and I got what I wanted.

During the call I asked for an explanation. I was given an explanation best summarized as "some glitch." The order now shows $20.00 (not $19.99 like it should) for the game, but I won't argue over a penny. Not worth my time.

Prior to this I had a (unproductive) web chat with a different Amazon rep. Their English wasn't very good. I could post the transcript, but nothing of value would be gained. Suffice it to say: Probably the best option for Amazon customer service is to have an Amazon rep call you. I would recommend others in my situation call Amazon as well.

Has anyone actually gotten confirmation that their replacement Danganronpa LE has shipped? NIS customer service was very nice, but my replacement order has been sitting in preparing to ship for a couple days now.
I had a replacement approved on the 14th, and it was preparing the whole time and finally shipped today. So it took almost a full week from the start to the finish. I'm not sure what their entire replacement process may consist of. If their shipping them from a different place than the new TX facility, it may take time to get qty and then ship properly, so they don't get damaged. Who Knows?

I also spoke to CS yesterday on the phone, so I could get a replacement sleeve for my open copy, and I haven't received any confirmation yet for that order. It probably won't happen until next week sometime. CS seems to be good, but not very timely.

I had a replacement approved on the 14th, and it was preparing the whole time and finally shipped today. So it took almost a full week from the start to the finish. I'm not sure what their entire replacement process may consist of. If their shipping them from a different place than the new TX facility, it may take time to get qty and then ship properly, so they don't get damaged. Who Knows?

I also spoke to CS yesterday on the phone, so I could get a replacement sleeve for my open copy, and I haven't received any confirmation yet for that order. It probably won't happen until next week sometime. CS seems to be good, but not very timely.
Same exact situation here really. They are a bit slow but very good otherwise and they just shipped mine out today. They haven't sent me the return label yet but no big deal.

I first contacted them on the 10th. I wanted to be sure that my item would be held even if it wasn't shipping until later.

They responded on the 14th.

I sent them a message about possibly splitting the order only just this evening.
Oh. What did they say about that because that's the only reason I want to split mines. I got The Witch and Demon Gaze which come out one month apart and I'm afraid they might run out of Witch before Demon ships.

just out of curiosity, how well did it do in japan?
All I can find is that it shipped 100,000 units for launch. This from the Wiki of the game is enough for me to snag a copy.

It features Yoshitaka Amano as a concept artist, Nobuo Uematsu as composer, Tsunako as a character designer, Toshiki Inoue as a screen writer and the "Neptunia Team" as some of the development team.

Oh. What did they say about that because that's the only reason I want to split mines. I got The Witch and Demon Gaze which come out one month apart and I'm afraid they might run out of Witch before Demon ships.
They assured me that a copy of the Danganronpa LE would be set aside for me until my order shipped. They haven't gotten back to me about splitting up the order yet, if that's what you're asking about.

Oh, Gamestop finally added the pre-order bonuses for Atelier Escha. Now if I can get rid of this darn copy of Lightning Returns whose price seems to be dropping FAST. 

Well, my tracking is showing activity this morning on my Danganronpa LE and it's showing it's coming from TX yet again. Hopefully NISA has gotten their ducks in a row, and they are now providing proper packaging(But I'm not holding my breath). LOL

Oh, Gamestop finally added the pre-order bonuses for Atelier Escha. Now if I can get rid of this darn copy of Lightning Returns whose price seems to be dropping FAST.
I decided earlier this week that I don't want to play this game anytime soon and I don't think the steelbook looks that great, so I sold mine w/ the steelbook because that was bringing a nice premium. Between selling that & the extra DLC codes I sold I figure I ended up paying between $20 - $30 for the CE stuff. And I'm good with that. :)

I decided earlier this week that I don't want to play this game anytime soon and I don't think the steelbook looks that great, so I sold mine w/ the steelbook because that was bringing a nice premium. Between selling that & the extra DLC codes I sold I figure I ended up paying between $20 - $30 for the CE stuff. And I'm good with that. :)
It's funny. The Yuna DLC code from Amazon is going for $40 right now on eBay. It's so popular 0_0 The Cloud one is around $15~ which isn't too bad.

preordered ragnorak odyssey ace at gs today, tired of waiting for bestbuy to list as available
It was actually available on PS3 for several weeks on Best Buy.com. Unfortunately, it says sold out and given how they have been handling stock lately, I doubt they will open up preorders again since it's a niche title and won't be carried in their stores.

It's funny. The Yuna DLC code from Amazon is going for $40 right now on eBay. It's so popular 0_0 The Cloud one is around $15~ which isn't too bad.
I kept the Yuna code - sold the extra Cloud code I had (since I got the CE & Target steelbook) and the 360 code from the CE guide. Got around $10/each for them, which I didn't think was too shabby. ;)

Of course, if I had known the Yuna code was going to sell for THAT much I probably would have sold it too!

I actually kind of wish I sold my Yuna DLC now too. I redeemed it immediately after I got mine in email cause I didn't think it would sell for more than $5~ being a future release DLC. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back