Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fate/Extra is $10.76 with free shipping (don't need prime) on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005EYJ4PO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I didn't like it but if you're interested this is a decent price.
Really REALLY wants this to fall to 5 on psn. Already got 2 LES for my PSP but would rather play it on my vita

It was a fun game for its time but i doubt i would ever go back to my psp to play it but if could get it dirt cheap on vita i might

bad thing it said there was different paths to choose or something like that but there wasnt really.

if you picked a it would be like boss

if you picked Path B boss battle would been like

same boss but in different order very slight

Any idea (or general consensus) on which might be the better game, Ar nosurge or Fairy Fencer?  They both have the same release date and I will only have time to play one of them at the time being.  

Any idea (or general consensus) on which might be the better game, Ar nosurge or Fairy Fencer? They both have the same release date and I will only have time to play one of them at the time being.
I'm going with Fairy Fencer f since I liked the CE more, and I really like the people behind the development. Besides the fact that Yoshitaka Amano is doing the concept art, Nobuo Uematsu is one of the composers, and Toshiki Inoue is the screen writer with the Neptunia Team being part of the development crew.

Any idea (or general consensus) on which might be the better game, Ar nosurge or Fairy Fencer? They both have the same release date and I will only have time to play one of them at the time being.
For most, FFF. For Ar Tonelico fans it could go either way. As an Ar Tonelico (sans Qoga) fan it could go either way for me as well. But if I had to pick one that I would probably like more, I'd say FFF.

FFF has a lady with larger boobs...it's the way to go....haha...I would choose Ar NoSurge myself with a choice between the two. FFF looks highly generic overall though could be fun. There might be some real good in ArNoSurge, but we'll see for sure when they're both released on the same day. For me though Ar Tonelico games >>>> Compile Hearts games.

FFF has a lady with larger boobs...it's the way to go....haha...I would choose Ar NoSurge myself with a choice between the two. FFF looks highly generic overall though could be fun. There might be some real good in ArNoSurge, but we'll see for sure when they're both released on the same day. For me though Ar Tonelico games >>>> Compile Hearts games.
i think in terms of gameplay ar nosurge is more peverted / similar to monster monopiece.

i think in terms of gameplay ar nosurge is more peverted / similar to monster monopiece.
I think most the Ar Tornelico games are pretty perverted saying about how the girl has never dived before and to be gentle among other things. Plus diving in those worlds you really find some unique sometimes pretty adult stuff. I quite enjoy that aspect but it's not for everyone.

I played through the Japanese demo of fairy fencer f and really enjoyed the battle system. Though the framerate was pretty bad hopefully the final game is better

I'm interested in both of them but I'm more interested in fairy fencer f since its gameplay looks similar to arc the lad 4's.  ar no surge looks good though

That's a pretty good price for the ps3 version, but does anyone have any opinions on which version is the "best"?
Only the ps3 and 3ds are available at BBY, and only the ps3 is on 'sale' even though the 3ds is only $30.
I ordered the ps3 since I prefer that type of gameplay controls not on a handheld

I played through the Japanese demo of fairy fencer f and really enjoyed the battle system. Though the framerate was pretty bad hopefully the final game is better
Is the battle system similar to the HDN series? I really wanted to like HDN, but gave up after a few hours invested in HDN and HDN mk2.

Not sure if anyone is interested but the Sorcery Saga Limited Edition just dropped to $26.40 @ Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFHEZUE

According to the cart page they only have 10 left, so it may not drop much more.
The LE for this game really does not add any additional value overall. The bib, spoon and plate are too small to be of any use to an adult. It's more suited for a 2 year old child (luckily I have one!) The plate is not microwaveable. It's really not something I would recommend to most people. Just buy the vanilla game if you're interested in playing. The outer cardboard box is super thin and is easily crushed if any weight is put on during transit.

Is the battle system similar to the HDN series? I really wanted to like HDN, but gave up after a few hours invested in HDN and HDN mk2.
Apparently so, from what I saw it's very similar. There's a gameplay video around and some commentary. Seems like a simple but fun game.

The LE for this game really does not add any additional value overall. The bib, spoon and plate are too small to be of any use to an adult. It's more suited for a 2 year old child (luckily I have one!) The plate is not microwaveable. It's really not something I would recommend to most people. Just buy the vanilla game if you're interested in playing. The outer cardboard box is super thin and is easily crushed if any weight is put on during transit.
LEs aren't that hard. Soundtrack, artbook, outerbox. If you want to add something else make sure its cool like a deck of cards, watch, or pretty much anything Working Designs did.

LEs aren't that hard. Soundtrack, artbook, outerbox. If you want to add something else make sure its cool like a deck of cards, watch, or pretty much anything Working Designs did.
I actually bought this LE because it was something usable for me, er my daughter. Outside of artbook and soundtrack, you dont find many LE's with something that you can really "use." Was happy about it because the spoon was something she used a lot (and the bib). The plate, eh... not so much. The game itself is very mediocre. The best price was the PSN sale a month or two ago for a digital copy. It's probably not something I will keep and play again, but the collector in me may just put everything back into the box and leave in the closet.

Oh, I agree about the LE's not being hard. Working designs had great extras... too bad they always made up excuses for delays (and still are apparently with COH2).

Yeah it's a cheap LE for sure. The box will get damaged I almost guarantee it. The items are interesting for sure....I got one mainly since it was the same price on Newegg at the time...still haven't played it! I love rogue or rogue like games too and was a huge fan of many of the series including Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Shiren the Wanderer, Izuna, ADOM (oh man I saw a remake of this coming out I need this!!!!), Nethack, etc.... Most people complained it was too easy.

Yeah it's a cheap LE for sure. The box will get damaged I almost guarantee it. The items are interesting for sure....I got one mainly since it was the same price on Newegg at the time...still haven't played it! I love rogue or rogue like games too and was a huge fan of many of the series including Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Shiren the Wanderer, Izuna, ADOM (oh man I saw a remake of this coming out I need this!!!!), Nethack, etc.... Most people complained it was too easy.
Not to derail, but I've never heard of ADOM!!! Thanks for letting me know about this. I've played countless (U)moria, (U)larn, nethack, rogue and angband, but never heard of this one until now! ADOM is greenlit, so I'll pick it up on steam.

Mugen Souls Z $29.99 at gamestop

Deception IV Blood Ties $39.99 at gamestop
Saw that today as well, Guess I'm heading over to gamestop.... wonder if BB will feel compelled to drop the prices of these games too so GCU can give an even better discount.

Not to derail, but I've never heard of ADOM!!! Thanks for letting me know about this. I've played countless (U)moria, (U)larn, nethack, rogue and angband, but never heard of this one until now! ADOM is greenlit, so I'll pick it up on steam.

Saw that today as well, Guess I'm heading over to gamestop.... wonder if BB will feel compelled to drop the prices of these games too so GCU can give an even better discount.
mugen souls z is sold out/greyed out at bestbuy, so no chance on that game, but deception iv , i can still see dropping further, and bestbuy still stocks it. remember to use the $5 kongreate coupon

Sigh....least Dragon's Crown for Vita was 20 bucks...and I do prefer a physical copy.....I much prefer it on PS3....easier to control IMHO and the Vita seems to get a bit jerky when a lot of action is happening on the screen. Just my humble opinions of course.

Sigh....least Dragon's Crown for Vita was 20 bucks...and I do prefer a physical copy.....I much prefer it on PS3....easier to control IMHO and the Vita seems to get a bit jerky when a lot of action is happening on the screen. Just my humble opinions of course.
that is actually a common consenus/ opinion in most reviews.

So. Dragons Crown is part of the Plus Line Up next month
You should note that according to the PlayStation Blog, Plus members get Dragon's Crown for the PS3 and Vita.

same i cant remember how i got mine (think off leaptrade) would rather have a physical copy and 1 GB free on my card

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/30/marie-will-free-dlc-persona-4-arena-ultimax-one-week/

Marie DLC free one week like a certain other character for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Don't forget to download these even if you don't get the game right away. I just want to know if America is getting the first game's story DLC.

Edit: Off topic in a way but ugg I may get this....I remember them advertising it for $25....ugg Harvest Moon Chicken and Egg Plus....I need this! http://www.sotatoys.com/plush-toys/plush-chickenchick.html 

I really want to get Legend of Heroes TiTs on gog but all the bugs have scared me off. I'm doubly wary since I already own the game on psp and don't know if I could tolerate all the crashes.

that is actually a common consenus/ opinion in most reviews.
Most people I've seen comment prefer the Vita version due to the touch screen making it easier to perform certain actions versus using the DS3 to drag a cursor around the screen for treasure or secrets or whatever.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/30/marie-will-free-dlc-persona-4-arena-ultimax-one-week/

Marie DLC free one week like a certain other character for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Don't forget to download these even if you don't get the game right away. I just want to know if America is getting the first game's story DLC.

Edit: Off topic in a way but ugg I may get this....I remember them advertising it for $25....ugg Harvest Moon Chicken and Egg Plus....I need this! http://www.sotatoys.com/plush-toys/plush-chickenchick.html
Thanks for the tip. Please repost this the week it comes out, I swear if school starting makes me forget I'll flip a table lol

I really want to get Legend of Heroes TiTs on gog but all the bugs have scared me off. I'm doubly wary since I already own the game on psp and don't know if I could tolerate all the crashes.
I want to get it on Steam but I am poor..... I am sitting on this Club Nintendo Platinum reward trying to trade that for it but no one will bite on it. Club Nintendo Platinum reward would have been great if I didn't already own everything I wanted on there. I have not heard of any of the bugs that are in the game can you elaborate on what is going on ?

I want to get it on Steam but I am poor..... I am sitting on this Club Nintendo Platinum reward trying to trade that for it but no one will bite on it. Club Nintendo Platinum reward would have been great if I didn't already own everything I wanted on there. I have not heard of any of the bugs that are in the game can you elaborate on what is going on ?
Right now there's a glitch where if you have the high resolution fonts enabled it will crash if you talk to certain NPC's. That's the only problem I have experienced so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back