Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I hate that new NISA website! Anyway, looks like they still haven't made the $5 off discount codes they sent customers over the year able to work on the site yet. And of course, no response from my email from 3 weeks ago about it. Guess I will have to call them later today to see if I can get my $5 off codes reissued as I want to pick up a few things with this sale.
I'd just call them. I got tired of waiting so called them today and got my new code. I had 4 and got them combined to a 20 dollar code.

I'd just call them. I got tired of waiting so called them today and got my new code. I had 4 and got them combined to a 20 dollar code.
So they are finally answering their phones again? It's abut damn time! I'll be calling this week and getting my codes stacked as well, that's way cool.

That's gonna be YMMV. Amazon no longer has a post sale price adjustment policy and any "refunds" they are giving you are tracked as customer goodwill payments. If you request too many, your account can get closed down.
Seesh that is not cool, I pay prime, they better not close my account for my post recent purchase price adjustments and revoking an accidental video purchase this year lol

[quote name="fuchikoma" post="12292379" timestamp="1417499419"]Didn't both the [background=rgb(35,37,43)]Danganronpa 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP SE's sell out during preorders? [/background][/quote]

They're all probably preorder cancellations and returns.

Didn't both the Danganronpa 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP SE's sell out during preorders?
Nis keeps so many copies behind in case of damaged/lost goods that they need to replace. They likely sell some of those at stuff like conventions and then some at sales like this after they are sure they won't need them.

It sounds like I should have been here around BF and yesterday, I missed out on ToHR. Did I only miss the Bamco sale? NISA's sale is still in progress, but has anything else of note happened? I was too busy being disappointed by Amazon to notice anything else. Also, is Disgaea D2 at $20 really a sale price? I haven't gotten into the series yet and I know it's not a good starting point, but I might have to get it if it's never cheaper. It might be better to be worried about Disgaea prices on the Vita though...

I sure hope other publishers didn't have a sale I missed out on already, especially Atlus or Aksys. I'm hoping for Virtue's Last Reward for a little less than $30...

It sounds like I should have been here around BF and yesterday, I missed out on ToHR. Did I only miss the Bamco sale? NISA's sale is still in progress, but has anything else of note happened? I was too busy being disappointed by Amazon to notice anything else. Also, is Disgaea D2 at $20 really a sale price? I haven't gotten into the series yet and I know it's not a good starting point, but I might have to get it if it's never cheaper. It might be better to be worried about Disgaea prices on the Vita though...

I sure hope other publishers didn't have a sale I missed out on already, especially Atlus or Aksys. I'm hoping for Virtue's Last Reward for a little less than $30...
Best Buy has Disgaea D2 for $20 ($16 w/ GCU) on "clearance", so that might be a sale price: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness-playstation-3/8897089.p?id=1218941160612&skuId=8897089

It will never go much cheaper new, however in 2-3 years a vita edition will come out with all of the dlc included.

When has the original ever gone on sale?
I don't think I've ever seen the original cheaper than $30 new. And that's only a $2 savings over BB with GCU--before they sold out, of course. That's why I just grabbed the second from them at launch to save myself the headache for pocket change savings haha.

Awesome. I'll probably grab SAO since it's digital only (excluding the poorly translated Asia region version).

I thought Tales of Symphonia looked like a good deal until I saw they split it up from Dawn of the New World.
Isn't our version of SAO also poorly translated? :???:

Wow, really? I thought the Asian language one was bad, but ours was better?

I see no reason at all to get the digital version then.

Wait, the Asian one is translated? Is it fully translated--or at least as far as ours is? If so, that would be specifically the asian version, not Japanese, yeah?

Tales of xillia 1 is on sale at gamefly for 14.99! Grabbed myself a copy haha. Waiting for symphonia to come in the mail then my adventure begins. Already have tales of xillia 2 from an earlier bestbuy sale :D. PS3 is awesome!

...in Japan, because most Americans wouldn't know what Yokai Watch is. :booty:
"An jumping umbrella with one eye is supposed to be scary?"

Ok, I thought that, even as a kid.

I still dont know what Yokai Watch is, but from what I hear Kantai Collection is pretty popular and may boost Vita sales
If they made a good Monster Hunter clone with KanColle, sales probably would skyrocket.

We can only hope the Vita is still around in 2-3 years.
There are very few big releases for VIta next year in JP besides Cyber Sleuth and SAO. If the Vita magically received a Monster Hunter game I'm certain that would be the biggest seller on the platform. In NA/EU a mainstream series like AC, CoD, GoW, etc. is required to boost sales. Recently many niche games have been localized, but those can't compete with the games on the 3DS (in terms of sales).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back