Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Broseph']Extreme YMMV of course, but I picked up Trauma Team at TRU Tuesday for $9.98.[/QUOTE]

That has been on clearance at that price at tru for a while now. I got lucky I got the last one at my local store a couple of months ago.

[quote name='apenguindidit']NISA finally announced the Mugen Soul pre-order for their Limited Editions. Like I posted before, the price points are $64.99 and $99.99 with the figure set.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives/Mugen-Souls-Limited-Edition
http://store.nisamerica.com/Preorders/Mugen-Souls-Limited-Edition-plus-Figure-Set[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? The $35 difference between the two equals two 2.5" figures and one 1.5" figure? That seems a bit steep, unless its a Spinal Tap - Stonehenge type of mix up and the figures are 2'5" tall!

$35 extra for some terrible Nendoroids from a Conservative Christian-approved, fuck-the-fans, Super Censorship Edition game?

Nice try, NISA.

Don't start this conversation up again. Pedophilia is looked down on by all western nations. That is 100% regardless of religion. It's not an arguable thing like violence, cussing, or sexual immorality. It is frowned upon universally in our western world. People need to keep that in mind before complaining. Based on your post I would say you aren't really understanding that very important difference.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']$35 extra for some terrible Nendoroids from a Conservative Christian-approved, fuck-the-fans, Super Censorship Edition game?

Nice try, NISA.[/QUOTE]

Hardly surprising, coming from the company that changed Rorona's age from 14 to... 18 or whatever the fuck it is, for no reason.

edit: At least they gave fans warning, allowing them to skip buying it, rather than just putting it out and letting people discover it after the fact.

What's censored besides the whole little girls flashing taint with soap-sud-thongs thing?

I'm in for the $65 edition. Thank god for the artbook and OST... a sponge and handtowel? God... why can't we just get the little figures instead of those pieces of crap. I already got a damn hand towel from Agarest 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='takotchi']Hardly surprising, coming from the company that changed Rorona's age from 14 to... 18 or whatever the fuck it is, for no reason.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Zaku realizes that most Japanese Niche Games feature people below the age of 18 in sexually provocative and otherwise immoral situations.

I should call the internet police on him for being such a creepy pedophile.

That's because that isn't such a 'bugaboo' in Eastern culture. It is, however, in the West, and that's the world we live in. Besides, provocative situations are one thing, the blatant pedo fest that are Mugen Souls' bath scenes are another situation entirely.

[quote name='Zaku77']That's because that isn't such a 'bugaboo' in Eastern culture. It is, however, in the West, and that's the world we live in. Besides, provocative situations are one thing, the blatant pedo fest that are Mugen Souls' bath scenes are another situation entirely.[/QUOTE]

Provocative situations with underage girls and boys is okay? Disgusting. You come up with the weirdest defenses for your pedo games.

Here in the western world, pedophilia isn't tolerated. I think you should get yourself some help.

For real. Can anyone detail the censorship in this game for me? I usually despise censorship. This is the first exception.

Anyway, what did they do to the pedo-scenes? Remove them? Edit them? Did they change anything else?

I feel like one of the two of us has taken some drugs and is a little bit confused (I'm also fairly certain it's not me). If this is a tactic for arguing, I can't see it getting anywhere. Remember, my boy, no good, solid, and logical points were ever constructed on a foundation of intentional confusion!

[quote name='Zaku77']I feel like one of the two of us has taken some drugs and is a little bit confused (I'm also fairly certain it's not me). If this is a tactic for arguing, I can't see it getting anywhere. Remember, my boy, no good, solid, and logical points were ever constructed on a foundation of intentional confusion![/QUOTE]

I'm just saying you're pretty much a pedophile for defending pedo games. That's a fair and rational argument. Don't blame me just because you can't understand the logic of the western world.

[quote name='AugustAPC']For real. Can anyone detail the censorship in this game for me? I usually despise censorship. This is the first exception.

Anyway, what did they do to the pedo-scenes? Remove them? Edit them? Did they change anything else?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe they've revealed what is actually being censored yet. The bath pedo fest is just obviously on the chopping block. I don't think anyone can comment on what else may go with it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I'm just saying you're pretty much a pedophile for defending pedo games. That's a fair and rational argument. Don't blame me just because you can't understand the logic of the western world.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if this is a trollfest or you're just very, very confused. Perhaps go back and re-read my previous posts? I'm done with your little charade either way, but it's best for all parties involved if you walk away with a proper understanding.

edit: I hadn't realized that you wrote the original post that I replied to. I now realize that this is, indeed, trolling. You know what would be really nice? Also, to preface this, I know this is asking too much from the internet. If you actually acknowledged and intelligently responded to someone when having a 'discussion'. I know it's dangerous thinking, but that might just be a good direction to take. :3

He's just confused, lol.

fuck, though, man. So many games coming out September I've got on pre-order. Tekken Tag 2, DoA 5 (collectors) and now Mugen Souls (collectors).

Gonna be hard to justify $200+ on new games that month >

[quote name='AugustAPC']He's just confused, lol.

fuck, though, man. So many games coming out September I've got on pre-order. Tekken Tag 2, DoA 5 (collectors) and now Mugen Souls (collectors).

Gonna be hard to justify $200+ on new games that month >

[quote name='Zaku77']I can't tell if this is a trollfest or you're just very, very confused. Perhaps go back and re-read my previous posts? I'm done with your little charade either way, but it's best for all parties involved if you walk away with a proper understanding.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'm confused. Perhaps you're just not very literate. You're playing a game based around 8-year-olds in swimsuits interacting in sexual and abusive situations at the same time you're calling other people pedophiles for having an anti-censorship stance. Then you start ranting about the western world and how you get to define it, while simultaneously being unaware of what the first amendment is or how most of those western countries have provisions for free speech (which includes the game you're so creepily playing). What is your deal? You're either ignorant or playing the part perfectly.

In essence, you're a complete hypocrite with an inability to handle logical discussion considering your terrible attempts at strawmen and ad hominem attacks. I would venture to say this is a great opportunity for you to re-examine your own failure, but I anticipate more butthurt kneejerking in the future.

For the good of the internet, please stop sucking.

All the best,

~darksagex

Meh, Borderlands isn't a big one for me... so luckily I can hold off on that unless some friends pull me in. Either way, I don't care about the game enough to get any limited edition. I'm forcing myself away from the Street Fighter set too. X Tekken left a super sour taste in my mouth with the assist-gems. Broken as fuck.

Agreed, SFxT was a huge let down. I'm long time Street Fighter fan, though, so even though I already have virtually everything in the set, I still wanted to get it. Definitely wait on Borderlands if you aren't playing it with other people. The first one was so much more fun when playing co-op!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I don't think I'm confused. Perhaps you're just not very literate. You're playing a game based around 8-year-olds in swimsuits interacting in sexual and abusive situations at the same time you're calling other people pedophiles for having an anti-censorship stance. Then you start ranting about the western world and how you get to define it, while simultaneously being unaware of what the first amendment is or how most of those western countries have provisions for free speech (which includes the game you're so creepily playing). What is your deal? You're either ignorant or playing the part perfectly.

In essence, you're a complete hypocrite with an inability to handle logical discussion considering your terrible attempts at strawmen and ad hominem attacks. I would venture to say this is a great opportunity for you to re-examine your own failure, but I anticipate more butthurt kneejerking in the future.

All the best,

~darksagex[/QUOTE]

You just spent 3 posts trolling, and you're going to criticize how I argue? lol Also, when exactly did I say I was going to be playing it? If you don't get that pedophilia is frowned upon in the Western world then I'm assuming you're a foreigner from the East? This isn't my definition of it, it's a pretty baseline, standard fact. Free speech is protected by law, but this game isn't being outlawed, you twat! It's being changed so that it will actually sell in the west, where pedophilia is universally not accepted. Leaving it in there would be protected by law, but that was never even the conversation. Were you just trying to sound smart by bringing that up?

On second thought, go back to the trolling. It suited you far better. (Oh, and calling out argument tactics is always a sure way to 'look' smart. I remember a few years back when I was still at a community college and I learned those, too. It's one of the easiest ways to put on a false sense of intellect.)

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I don't think I'm confused. Perhaps you're just not very literate. You're playing a game based around 8-year-olds in swimsuits interacting in sexual and abusive situations at the same time you're calling other people pedophiles for having an anti-censorship stance. Then you start ranting about the western world and how you get to define it, while simultaneously being unaware of what the first amendment is or how most of those western countries have provisions for free speech (which includes the game you're so creepily playing). What is your deal? You're either ignorant or playing the part perfectly.

All the best,

~darksagex[/QUOTE]

So because he's supposedly interested in playing an RPG for the gameplay and not the pedophilia he is a hypocrite?

Also, there is a difference between anti-pedophilia and anti-censorship. I'm anti-censorship, but unfortunately, in this case it does end up saving me from some very uncomfortable gameplay.

[quote name='Zaku77']You just spent 3 posts trolling, and you're going to criticize how I argue? lol Also, when exactly did I say I was going to be playing it? If you don't get that pedophilia is frowned upon in the Western world then I'm assuming you're a foreigner from the East? This isn't my definition of it, it's a pretty baseline, standard fact. Free speech is protected by law, but this game isn't being outlawed, you twat! It's being changed so that it will actually sell in the west, where pedophilia is universally not accepted. Leaving it in there would be protected by law, but that was never even the conversation. Where you just trying to sound smart by bringing that up?

On second thought, go back to the trolling. It suited you far better.[/QUOTE]

DcMkw.gif

On a related note, who wants to bet Mugen Souls LE will hit $40 by the end of the year?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']
DcMkw.gif

On a related note, who wants to bet Mugen Souls LE will hit $40 by the end of the year?[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, you once again ran away from having actual conversation, and resorted to childish tactics. I would point out that this means I 'won', but I think that's more than obvious at this point. When outclassed by logic, you can only make fun, link to internet memes, and quickly change the topic.

Bravo, my good sir! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='DarkSageRK']
On a related note, who wants to bet Mugen Souls LE will hit $40 by the end of the year?[/QUOTE]

doubtful given it's a NISA Store exclusive

It's what those types always do. He did the equivalent of a 'umadbro'. Then again, if I was that woefully inadequate and logical thought, I would be pretty upset, too... lol

Well, again. If anyone is in the know about what all is censored in this game and how exactly it is changed, I'd be grateful for the insight.

Time for me to crash. Night pedobears and my fellow "Conservative Chrstians".

PS: I'm glad I was up tonight. I never knew that finding basting nude children with body-oils to be a lackluster game mechanic made me Christian. I guess I better start going to church.

[quote name='Zaku77']Congratulations, you once again ran away from having actual conversation, and resorted to childish tactics. I would point out that this means I 'won', but I think that's more than obvious at this point. When outclassed by logic, you can only make fun, link to internet memes, and quickly change the topic.

Bravo, my good sir! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

You "argument" consists of you calling people pedophiles until they tire of dealing with your shit. What, exactly, do you think you've won here?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Well, again. If anyone is in the know about what all is censored in this game and how exactly it is changed, I'd be grateful for the insight.
[/QUOTE]

Basically, the Bath minigame is removed, you just get the power-ups as if you skipped the scene in the orginal game. Also, they are changing the dialogue of the sadist personality in the game. Supposedly it would use a crazy amount of profanity and they wanted tone it down while keeping to the personality of a sadist.

I copied and paste a post from the NISA forum from an admin below for more info.

To answer a few other questions...
Will the US and Europe have different versions of the game?
1) US and EU versions will be the same.
Is the decision on the bathing minigame alteration/removal final?
2) The editing decisions are now final.
Are there any other significant differences from the Japanese release that haven't been revealed?
3) No other significant differences.
How much of the game is going to be voiced in English?
4) Like 90% the main scenario is voiced in English.
Was it even possible to being with to alter the mini game in any way to bring it over to the US ,and EU regions while still getting the rating NISA is aiming for? [I think this answers you, but uh...]
5) No, sorry. The editing decisions were made early on, because some content was simply not appropriate (legally speaking) and they conflicted with our company's core philosophy. We are open-minded and willing to explore new things, but the stuff in this game was a touch too sensitive for the western culture at large.
Is it possible for the parts being removed from the game to be offered up as some kind of free DLC?
6) The edited content will not become available as DLC.
Will there be an LE? If so, what are you thinking about including with it?
7) A limited edition? Hmm, stay tuned
icon_cool.gif
. Or better yet, come to Anime Expo!
What is the ideal Rating NISA is aiming for?
8) Our ideal rating? Not really our call, but just look at our release history and you'll see we get a lot of T ratings and lately have been seeing more M ratings. I don't think there's a trend or an ideal, we just submit and remain honest about the content in our western releases.
So I am asking you what kind of characteristics does a sadistic personality have in your opinion?
8) A sadist, by definition, is one who takes pleasure in tormenting others. Therefore, to me anyway, a sadistic person will push people's buttons to make them uncomfortable or hurt. For a game that is dialogue-heavy, this is best done by focusing on the faults of other characters, tempting them with rewards they have no chance of receiving, and being a gigantic and often crude tease. This can be done without using excessively crass/sexual language quite easily in English, thanks to wordplay, innuendo, double entendre, etc etc.
Is the game already fully cast?
9) Voice cast? Yes. I like them
icon_e_smile.gif

What is the size of the PS3 mandatory install?
10) About 1.6GB, and it installs pretty darn fast.
What is the platinum trophy called?
11) The Undisputed God

Who cares? They're cartoon characters, they aren't real. It's silly. It does absolutely nothing for me "sexually", but I still wouldn't buy it on principle because of the censorship.

[quote name='takotchi']Who cares? They're cartoon characters, they aren't real. It's silly. It does absolutely nothing for me "sexually", but I still wouldn't buy it on principle because of the censorship.[/QUOTE]

Good God. I sincerely hope NO ONE is getting any sort of sexual stimulation from those kind of mini-games.

It's not a matter of it being sexually stimulating... it's a matter of it being cringe inducing and painful just to play through. There's nothing fun about basting a static image of a nude toddler.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Good God. I sincerely hope NO ONE is getting any sort of sexual stimulation from those kind of mini-games.

It's not a matter of it being sexually stimulating... it's a matter of it being cringe inducing and painful just to play through. There's nothing fun about basting a static image of a nude toddler.[/QUOTE]

To me it really did not matter if they kept it in the game or not, I would have just used the skip option the Japanese version has.

IMO it is not a real big deal that they are cutting it out. It not a big part of the game, and sounds like it would get tedious to do after a few times that I would use the skip option. The story and game play are for the most part unchanged and I am just glad a niche game like this is being released in the US.

But it's completely okay for a person to get enjoyment out of torturing, murdering, and stealing in a videogame? We've gotten to a point where we can act these things out in a highly realistic virtual setting. Since it's not real, does that make it okay?

I just looked this game up, and from what I saw, these characters look and act nothing like real children. Sure, go ahead and think a person is weird for getting off to this stuff; they are weird, but you might want to step down off the soapbox because I guarantee you you're a hypocrite.

I personally don't like censorship period. I like to play things in their original format, regardless what the content is. I like to have the option to skip it, if i chose so. I just don't find video games cringe worthy. I can play deadspace and dismember the hell out of those ugly creatures by stomping them, but it'd be a whole different story in real life. I just don't link things in games to being the same as doing it in real life, especially cartoony characters.

My god, the over-generalization! When did I say video games were cringe worthy? I said a very specific, annoying and disturbing mini-game was cringe worthy.

I can't believe people are comparing killing aliens to touching little girls. This is beyond pathetic. These aren't even arguments, they're sad attempts to justify this crap.

I'm done discussing this. If you want to touch little girls in your games, power to you. Import the JP version. I'll stick to playing the fun and strategic part of the game.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I can't believe people are comparing killing aliens to touching little girls. [/QUOTE]
You're the only one overgeneralizing.

It's so hard to ignore stupidity. I mean, they're not even ridiculous arguments, they're just idiotic. Half of them aren't even related.

Regarding the Ys sales. I'm not a steam user, so I can't really dig that.

[quote name='sayu']You're the only one overgeneralizing.[/QUOTE]

Way to make a baseless statement with no foundation or substance. You're an idiot. Hate to be so blunt, but at this point... there's no sugarcoating it.

If you can form a single valid argument, I'll grant you another response. But make sure you actually think before you post, because comparing shit like GTA to this retarded mini-game is so far beyond idiotic that there are no words to describe it.

[quote name='AugustAPC']My god, the over-generalization! When did I say video games were cringe worthy? I said a very specific, annoying and disturbing mini-game was cringe worthy.

I can't believe people are comparing killing aliens to touching little girls. This is beyond pathetic. These aren't even arguments, they're sad attempts to justify this crap.

I'm done discussing this. If you want to touch little girls in your games, power to you. Import the JP version. I'll stick to playing the fun and strategic part of the game.[/QUOTE]

My point was that dismembering, blowing peoples heads off, touching little girls is all cringe-worthy in real life. I don't care what the content is. I have no interest in murdering people, stomping them, or touching little girls in real life. I just don't link the two. These are anime characters, nothing more. Call them toddlers all you want. They look like 5 year olds to you? I ask because even if this content was cut, I'd have no interest in a game where I felt I play as a 5 yr old. I'm kinda just playing devil's advocate, because i already preordered the game. I just think you're overreacting to people who don't agree with you. Good thing you weren't around for the Salem witch hunts, geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back