Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what you're actually referring to, but it's called Soul Ignition in Japan.
Resurrection was probably something NISA came up with.

Plus, Kubo likes using German words now.

[quote name='storino03']I paid $30 when a week ago, but used amazon gift cards, so technically it was "free".[/QUOTE]Just because it's a gift card doesn't mean it should feel virtually painless parting with it. The worst is when people act like this about Gamestop trade credit. It wasn't free. Whatever they gave up to the store on their previous visit is what it cost. :hot:

[quote name='Blade']I can't believe they really put that in the anime. I'm sure your ESL mentors are happy, Kubo. Oh it's so trendy to use Spanish words that are close to the root word when you stylize your show, because Spanish speakers will feel better about themselves.[/QUOTE] What are you so salty about?

[quote name='cakefoo']Just because it's a gift card doesn't mean it should feel virtually painless parting with it. The worst is when people act like this about Gamestop trade credit. It wasn't free. Whatever they gave up to the store on their previous visit is what it cost. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Pretty common for people to equate gift card with free too.

Actually, it was free. Swagbucks and Irazoo. Little interaction/up-keep online. I just basically take 10 minutes daily and that's it. I get minimum $25 to upwards of $100 each month.

[quote name='storino03']Actually, it was free. Swagbucks and Irazoo. Little interaction/up-keep online. I just basically take 10 minutes daily and that's it. I get minimum $25 to upwards of $100 each month.[/QUOTE]We all do different things to acquire money, but at the end of the day, $30 earned browsing google buys you the same thing as $30 earned working 3 hours at a nightmarish job.

Tales of Graces F is $30 at Fry's, though Downers Grove does not have it. Apparently some others still do. >.< I was able to get P3 Arena, Mugen Souls, and Atelier Meruru though

It's $30 on amazon too, have to order it from the sellers list even though it's shipped and sold by Amazon. Says it has a 1-4 week wait before shipping but I tried ordering and got an email saying my delivery estimate has been moved up to the 10th

[quote name='excellen']It's $30 on amazon too, have to order it from the sellers list even though it's shipped and sold by Amazon. Says it has a 1-4 week wait before shipping but I tried ordering and got an email saying my delivery estimate has been moved up to the 10th[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to Tof G F, I don't see any that cheap from any of the other Amazon sellers.

Been dying to pick up Tales of Grace f for under 40 dollars before X-Mas but unfortunately none of the Fry's near me have any in stock :(

Props to whoever finds a deal on it first :cool:

[quote name='GameSmacker']Been dying to pick up Tales of Grace f for under 40 dollars before X-Mas but unfortunately none of the Fry's near me have any in stock :(

Props to whoever finds a deal on it first :cool:[/QUOTE]

Uhh, new? Cause I got it used at GS as part of their b2g1 for $30.

[quote name='cakefoo']We all do different things to acquire money, but at the end of the day, $30 earned browsing google buys you the same thing as $30 earned working 3 hours at a nightmarish job.[/QUOTE]

$10/hr? Bleh.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Uhh, new? Cause I got it used at GS as part of their b2g1 for $30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if all else fails I'll pick it up used at GameStop or BBY.

Hoping maybe the EU special edition comes back in stock online somewhere.

[quote name='fortunado']$10/hr? Bleh.[/QUOTE]
What's the matter with you? Are you that stuck up that the thought of other people making less than you makes you sick?

[quote name='whitereflection']I think he just means that $10 an hour is barely a living wage. No need to jump to conclusions.[/QUOTE]

That's what I make. :whistle2:(
If it weren't for these deals, I probably would never get to enjoy so many of these games.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and my entry into the Metal Gear universe would have never happened. If I hadn't found a copy for $5 at a local Kmart so many years ago, using this site.

Anyway, how's the newest Harvest Moon game? I haven't got around to playing Tale of Two Towns on my DS yet. I know the newest one is only on 3DS, which is a shame, but if it is good I might bite on a copy.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']

Anyway, how's the newest Harvest Moon game? I haven't got around to playing Tale of Two Towns on my DS yet. I know the newest one is only on 3DS, which is a shame, but if it is good I might bite on a copy.[/QUOTE]

The game is pretty boring for the first two weeks. It does get better when people start showing up.

Natsume is offering their giant cow plushie again if you are willing to shell out 10 extra bucks. It goes for a pretty good price on ebay, so you could kind of get it for free.

[quote name='storino03']Minimum wage is barely a living wage at $.7.25, so $10/hr is decent. It's more about how you manage money than what you don't have.[/QUOTE]

Cost of living is different all over the country (I live in VA, and it varies dramatically all over the commonwealth). It may be very manageable where you live, perhaps not so much for others in different places.

[quote name='chibilaharl']fuck, at 19 an hour i can barely afford a 2bd apartment in SD....[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you can afford a 2bdrm apartment in SD with $19/hr at all.

That's what, about $2900 a month... Yea, I suppose you could rent a $1200-1500ish 2bdrm apartment.

Edit: I have no idea how someone who makes $10/hr here can make it. That's $1733 GROSS a month.

Got back from Gamestop and the Collector's Edition of Tekken Hybrid (new for PS3) is $19.99. And was happy it wasn't gutted.

And the $5 share coupon on Amazon sure brings things down for Persona 4 Arena and The Last Story or an other game over $25.

[quote name='SourTaxi']The game is pretty boring for the first two weeks. It does get better when people start showing up.

Natsume is offering their giant cow plushie again if you are willing to shell out 10 extra bucks. It goes for a pretty good price on ebay, so you could kind of get it for free.[/QUOTE]

i dont even see the cow on ebay

[quote name='fortunado']Crud, I *just* got that a week ago for $29.99. Does GameStop do price adjustments? It's still unopened.[/QUOTE]

More of a return & rebuy type thing. Bring the receipt + unopened game. Sometimes they'll do it with just receipt, but they can be picky.

You know, even though most of these developers are among my favorites, I've never noticed this thread. :dunce:

Well, no time like the present to see some good deals. Also, it seems like the topic creator is gone. OP hasn't been updated in over a year.

[quote name='chibilaharl']fuck, at 19 an hour i can barely afford a 2bd apartment in SD....[/QUOTE]

Made this face thinking you meant South Dakota: O________O

I so could totally go for $15 an hour here. :(

Does anyone happen to have an extra unopened copy of Radiant Historia? I can't believe I really wanted to wait for the price to go lower when it was like $17 and then missed when it dropped to $15-something and then went away forever.

[quote name='totalanonymity']Does anyone happen to have an extra unopened copy of Radiant Historia? I can't believe I really wanted to wait for the price to go lower when it was like $17 and then missed when it dropped to $15-something and then went away forever.[/QUOTE]

yea someone will sell it to you for 40 :)

[quote name='slidecage']i dont even see the cow on ebay[/QUOTE]

What search terms are you using? "Harvest moon cow" has a bunch of completed listings.

Locked in my pre-order of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. Didn't get the CE this time because I dunno what I'd do with a couple of time capsules/mini lunchboxes.

[quote name='Fukurou']The cover looks a lot like the first one. It's not a remake of the first, is it?[/QUOTE]

No.. completely different game. The box art is decent, but I still like the Japanese boxart better. It just seems more "goddess"-like

pa.218435.6.jpg

Looks good but I feel burned from the first Hyperdimension Neptunia... its gameplay was as bad as chaos wars' voice acting. Still this looks really good... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back