Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']Any info on possible pre order bonuses for Soul Hacker?[/QUOTE]

Nothing yet, but Atlus usually waits until a couple of months before release to announce anything.

[quote name='scott_matthews']That's why Victor Ireland's quote from NeoGaf that was linked is relevant. He says they are still hoping to get a limited, pre-order only, physical copy print run.[/QUOTE]

If they are able to offer one, I wonder if he'll let some of his old Working Designs days come out and we're treated with a great limited edition. The Lunar games had amazing ones and I kinda wish I had gotten Arc the Lad's.

[quote name='outerfox']If they are able to offer one, I wonder if he'll let some of his old Working Designs days come out and we're treated with a great limited edition. The Lunar games had amazing ones and I kinda wish I had gotten Arc the Lad's.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. Did you miss the whole Kickstarter thing a while back? He already tried to raise enough money to do a deluxe edition and he missed his target by a massive amount. If this does get a physical release, I suspect it will be very, very basic.

[quote name='bojay1997']Unlikely. Did you miss the whole Kickstarter thing a while back? He already tried to raise enough money to do a deluxe edition and he missed his target by a massive amount. If this does get a physical release, I suspect it will be very, very basic.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was under a rock with my eyes shut and my hands covering my ears on Mars. :p

Seriously though, that sucks. I would have loved to see a Collector's Edition by Vic and co again. Or maybe at least a return of some sort of merchandise. That Silhouette Mirage watch was one of the coolest things I ever owned from Working Designs, unfortunately I've lost it over the years. :cry:

[quote name='Talgrund']Is this an improved version over the psp or just a port?[/QUOTE]

Its the same thing essentially. Just runs in higher resolutions since its on the PC. I think a lot of YS games came out in Japan awhile ago on PC, but now they are just finally making their way over here due to steam.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']A bunch of Cave iOS games are on sale!

Bug Princess - $4.99 $2.99
Bug Princess 2 - $6.99 $4.99
DEATHSMILES - $11.99 $6.99
Dodonpachi Resurrection - $7.99 $5.99
DoDonPachi Resurrection HD - $13.99 $10.99
DoDonPachi Blissful Death - $4.99 $2.99
ESPGALUDA II - $7.99 $5.99
ESPGALUDA II HD - $13.99 $10.99
Mushihimesama BUG PANIC - 6.99 $0.99
DODONPACHI MAXIMUM - 11.99 $6.99[/QUOTE]

I didn't know all those games were on the iOS. Wish I had money for an iPod touch or whatever the cheapest apple device is to play these games.

[quote name='Talgrund']Is this an improved version over the psp or just a port?[/QUOTE]
Its a port of the older PC version if I recall.

[quote name='Gosha']Its the same thing essentially. Just runs in higher resolutions since its on the PC. I think a lot of YS games came out in Japan awhile ago on PC, but now they are just finally making their way over here due to steam.[/QUOTE]

I believe that Oath in Felghana, and possibly even 1/2 were PC first, and the PSP version is a port.

[quote name='colossus79']Tales of Graces f is on sale @ CD Universe for $24.00

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8528765&style=games

I couldn't find any kind of notification as to how long the sale will last, but as of this post, it was still in stock.

Just a heads up for anyone who may be looking for a copy.[/QUOTE]

Nice deal, $2.99 shipping for me, but $27 for this game is the lowest I've seen it. Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger *looks at backlog*

I also bit on TofGF. I would have liked to have gotten it for $20, but decided to just go ahead. It seems fewer places have it. Hope I don't regret it. That sounds cheap, but considering what site I am posting this on... The page said 2 left before I purchased it, so I guess it is down to 1.

[quote name='Perromalvado']Bit on last copy, never ordered from cduniverse are they a good reputable company?[/QUOTE]
No idea but I bought this from them as well. Confirmation email took a bit longer than I would like to get here but everything appears on the up and up.

:)

Tales of Graces F is a good game if you are a fan of RPGs and the type that are more action-based than Final Fantasy 7 or 8. Similar to Star Ocean.

Graces F is the best playing Tales game by a landslide, combat and subsystems are finally fully realized for their 3D engine. Story is on the lower end of the scale, but when you're playing a Tales game it's a pretty shallow scale anyway.

I heard Xillia picks it up more with the plotting, compared to past games, but the gameplay suffers compared to Graces.

No Xillia does not suffer in gameplay. It actually expands from Graces f.

If you are curious I'm streaming Xillia 2 for child's play marathon. I'm doing practice for tomorrow's stream now. And I hope you guys spread the word as much as possible please.

http://www.twitch.tv/wattetv

Will start Practice in 15 minutes. And yes I know japanese enough to give a translation so when we start the stream tomorrow I will be recapping Xillia 1's story then moving on with 2 where my current position is.

That's good that the battle system expands on Graces. That's awesome, actually! I would agree that the overall story in most Tales games is pretty B/B- (Abyss being a huge exception), but the Tales game excel at character development more than any other series or game I've ever played.

[quote name='Perromalvado']Bit on last copy, never ordered from cduniverse are they a good reputable company?[/QUOTE]

I haven't made any orders from CDUniverse in a long while, but I never had any problems with them.

[quote name='Gosha']YS Games are super cheap for the next 9 hours on Steam...

Ys Origin ($4.99)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/

Ys: The Oath in Felghana ($3.74)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207320/[/QUOTE]

Is Origin worth playing?

I played all the YS games on the PSP and Ark on PS2. Oath was great and Seven was fantastic. I played the demo for Origin and just don't like the PC controls. I'll mostly likely have to get a controller to play it...:whistle2:k

[quote name='BigBen']Nice deal, $2.99 shipping for me, but $27 for this game is the lowest I've seen it. Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger *looks at backlog*[/QUOTE]

Great deal considering that the lowest it's been elsewhere is $40. I bought it immediately since I wanted to increase Xillia's chances of being released here. Could have waited since I have yet to play it, but I'd say it's worth it since it's coming.

[quote name='JCrichton']No idea but I bought this from them as well. Confirmation email took a bit longer than I would like to get here but everything appears on the up and up.

:)[/QUOTE]

My confirmation came late as well, but since I've never had issues when ordering from them in the past, I'm not worried.

[quote name='colossus79']My confirmation came late as well, but since I've never had issues when ordering from them in the past, I'm not worried.[/QUOTE]Fantastic. :)

[quote name='Meringue']Graces F is the best playing Tales game by a landslide, combat and subsystems are finally fully realized for their 3D engine. Story is on the lower end of the scale, but when you're playing a Tales game it's a pretty shallow scale anyway.[/QUOTE]
Loved Graces f but Vesperia was a better overall game, in my eyes.

[quote name='Zaku77']That's good that the battle system expands on Graces. That's awesome, actually! I would agree that the overall story in most Tales games is pretty B/B- (Abyss being a huge exception), but the Tales game excel at character development more than any other series or game I've ever played.[/QUOTE]Too true. Can't freaking wait for Xillia to hit US shores. :)

There is only 25% stock left for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition as of a few hours ago. Giving a heads up to those waiting still to get it.

WARNING: I'm not posting a deal, just a notification that a niche title is finally available for preorder.

Amazon has the page up for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut :)ps3:), with a tentative release date of 4/30/13 (obviously a placeholder date), priced at $39.99, and containing the following features:

-Now given the special edition make-over, this Director's Cut features a new branching ending :)shock:) as well as numerous bonuses guaranteed to relight the match on this debate.
-Brand new scenario at the beginning and end of the story, straight from the mind of director Swery65 :)hot:)
-New item - in-game camera where players can take snaps as they play
-Explore Greenvale in greater detail with a complete graphical overhaul.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's MSRP, but I figured it was worth posting. This is one game I won't mind paying full price for, as the original is one of my most favorite games. :bouncy:

[quote name='Vigilante']WARNING: I'm not posting a deal, just a notification that a niche title is finally available for preorder.

Amazon has the page up for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut :)ps3:), with a tentative release date of 4/30/13 (obviously a placeholder date), priced at $39.99, and containing the following features:

-Now given the special edition make-over, this Director's Cut features a new branching ending :)shock:) as well as numerous bonuses guaranteed to relight the match on this debate.
-Brand new scenario at the beginning and end of the story, straight from the mind of director Swery65 :)hot:)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's MSRP, but I figured it was worth posting. This is one game I won't mind paying full price for, as the original is one of my most favorite games. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I like the original, but I think $40 is too much given the relatively minor changes made in this edition versus the original $20 version. Probably gonna wait for a price drop on this one.

[quote name='bojay1997']I like the original, but I think $40 is too much given the relatively minor changes made in this edition versus the original $20 version. Probably gonna wait for a price drop on this one.[/QUOTE]To be fair, no price point has been officially announced, so $39.99 might not be the final MSRP, but we'll have to see.

I don't think I could suffer actually PLAYING DP again.

I loved DP but the gameplay was absolutely rank awful. It's a testament to what all it did right in such an insane way that I loved it despite that.

[quote name='Vigilante']WARNING: I'm not posting a deal, just a notification that a niche title is finally available for preorder.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's MSRP, but I figured it was worth posting. This is one game I won't mind paying full price for, as the original is one of my most favorite games. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I was so disappointed that this wasn't listed when amazon had that $5 promo. I wanted to preorder it with it but instead it went unused. Like someone else said this can't be $39.99 when the original was $20 and if it is I'll wait for a price drop.

[quote name='Hente']Does anyone know where I should keep an eye out for a cheap (less than $40, $30 would be great) copy of Neptunia MK2?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale last month for $29.99 at the NIS America store.
I'm guessing it will be sale again near the launch of Neptunia Victory.

[quote name='Vigilante']
Amazon has the page up for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut :)ps3:), with a tentative release date of 4/30/13 (obviously a placeholder date), priced at $39.99, and containing the following features:[/QUOTE]

I'll wait to see if they fixed the map before biting on this. I liked the original game but recall both the minimap and the full map you could bring up would rotate based on the direction you were facing. It made navigating a painus in the anus.

[quote name='wbc1228']It was on sale last month for $29.99 at the NIS America store.
I'm guessing it will be sale again near the launch of Neptunia Victory.[/QUOTE]
aBXOd.jpg

Welp I guess I'll wait 'til then... ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back