Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AugustAPC']fuck me. I bought it too. :wall:

Waste of money... why couldn't they have just brought it over before the Wii U?

Hopefully X-Seed brings over a decent CE, cause my copy is going on eBay tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking of doing now. My fiance is giving the Wii to her sister and I don't think there is a way to play imports on the Wii U yet. I really like the packaging though.

Yea... it's a really nice CE. The steelbook is very pretty. That's the only reason I'm hesitant about selling it... but no use in having 2 CEs for one game to me... so I'm gonna go ahead and sell mine.

My CE came today from Amazon.uk. Will definitely buy the US release, but the UK CE is pretty sweet. Interesting how it came with the game in a regular case, but also the steelbook. What's with steelbooks printing the name of the game on the spine really really small though?

Honestly, I like when collector's editions come with both a steelbook and a standard case. It gives you the option to display it as you choose.

I actually don't use my steelbooks, as I can't stand inconsistency. I'd have to have a steelbook for ALL of my wii/360/ps3 games. I do display my collector's edition separate from my game shelving though.

Nice, almost bought the UK Pandora Tower CE, but glad I waited. Don't want the Euro version, unless there is definitely not going to be a USA release.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Honestly, I like when collector's editions come with both a steelbook and a standard case. It gives you the option to display it as you choose.

I actually don't use my steelbooks, as I can't stand inconsistency. I'd have to have a steelbook for ALL of my wii/360/ps3 games. I do display my collector's edition separate from my game shelving though.[/QUOTE]
Damn CAG... I'm running out of space in my display shelf for collector's editions soon. Gonna need a second shelf!

Wha...? Is no one excited about the recent release of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows on PSN this week? Maybe not a 'deal' at $19.99 for a downloadable title, but it took the first Corpse Party over a year to go on sale (plus I'm pretty surprised they imported this at all).

I'm still waiting on retailers in the US to confirm that they will be selling reprints of Etrian Odyssey DS games. I emailed Amazon and of course I get the lame generic response. I emailed Gamestop and no reply. I emailed Atlus and no reply. How unprofessional of them, I really want to get it from Amazon or Best Buy since I have gift cards there, but thankfully Play Asia has them for cheap!

[quote name='kitsunisan']I'm...trying to hit that buy and download button...but a nagging voice in the back of my head keeps slapping me saying I've been playing the same game for free for three years now.[/QUOTE]

Haha I know. I actually went ahead and bought it anyway though :p

On the bright side, as far as I can tell, its DRM free >.> The version on Gamersgate says it has Securom.

[quote name='salty tbone']Also, I noticed at a couple Gamestops there was a B2G1 free sale just on PS2 and PSP used games. Not sure if that's everywhere, though.[/QUOTE]

Mine had the PS2 B2G1 last week, but most of the good stuff had already been picked. I didn't see one for PSP but didn't really look, could have missed it.

[quote name='Vinny']Geez... took them long enough to announce. Now I wish I hadn't imported the CE since Xseed will likely dish out a better CE than the European one.

It's a pretty good game but probably the worst of the OR games.[/QUOTE]

I know right. While I typically like the EU CEs better since this a Wii game I would have definitely preferred a NA copy.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']If anybody bought the Pandora's Tower European CE and is looking to sell it, I'd be interested in the steelbook. Looking for the steelbook for The Last Story too.[/QUOTE]

You may want to keep an eye out on eBay for these. I bought one around the EU release date and they were going for about $15 shipped, and remained at that price for a while. Same goes for The Last Story steelbook. Very cheap considering the usual steelbook prices. It doesn't look like there are any up for this price anymore, but it may be worth it to check from time to time.

[quote name='Psychonik']When did the first corpse party go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Near Halloween, they had a 50% off sale, making it $9.99 to download off PSN. Not sure if that was just for Plus members or not though.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Near Halloween, they had a 50% off sale, making it $9.99 to download off PSN. Not sure if that was just for Plus members or not though.[/QUOTE]

It was for everyone. I got it for $10 and didn't have Plus.

[quote name='Slermy']Never even heard of this. Can anyone share info about it?

October I think?[/QUOTE]

Well they can take my money for the ENG version. I have the JP version and for a fighting game from an independent developer, i was impressed. Its def along the lines of any JP Anime fighter like Arcana Heart. The combos are pretty simple, supers are flashy, and the characters models and movements are done really well. Its worth the 5 bucks if you like games like Arcana Heart.

[quote name='outerfox']2014?!? I hope that's a placeholder... unless the NIS site has changed, it was still saying Early 2013 ._.[/QUOTE]

The game is on indefinite hiatus. NIS is focusing on other projects at the moment (specifically God & Fate Revolution Paradox and Disgaea D2) and put Witch and the 100 Knights on the backburner.

Since the game won't even be worked on further until April at the absolute earliest, it probably won't be released in Japan until mid-late this year. 2014 is a realistic release date in the US.

[quote name='wasurenai']The game is on indefinite hiatus. NIS is focusing on other projects at the moment (specifically God & Fate Revolution Paradox and Disgaea D2) and put Witch and the 100 Knights on the backburner.

Since the game won't even be worked on further until April at the absolute earliest, it probably won't be released in Japan until mid-late this year. 2014 is a realistic release date in the US.[/QUOTE]

Bah that sucks. But I guess it is a blessing as that's one game I won't have to worry about getting right now. I can focus on Dragon's Crown!

Anyone know of any deals for Fire Emblem? Gonna go ahead and grab it when it comes out, just looking for the best price I can get.

Should have Ni No Kuni here by Monday. USPS doesn't have any more tracking info than philly for yesterday. My guide for the game is also claiming a Saturday arrival which is odd because I never had UPS ship to me on Saturday but I am hopeful so I can start playing this game on Sunday (waiting to get my guide in before I start)

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Can't wait for SMT x Persona. Wonder if there will be a special edition, it being Atlus and all.[/QUOTE]

You mean SMT x Fire Emblem?

This isn't really 'niche' since it is Resident Evil Revelations, but wanted to share anyway since it is the upcoming Japanese special edition:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/2...ident-evil-revelations-limited-edition-items/

rerev_2_thumb.jpg

$465! I used to think the Zero Escape watches were 'expensive'...

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Is Soul Hackers a good game? Is it a good starting point for someone who has never played a dungeon crawler before?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and probably not. Try the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo coming in February.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone know of any deals for Fire Emblem? Gonna go ahead and grab it when it comes out, just looking for the best price I can get. [/QUOTE]The only thing you could consider a "deal" is the artbook Gamestop is supposed to provide with preordered copies, but AFAIK, you can't preorder it anymore, at least not in-store. I could be wrong, though.

[quote name='Vigilante']The only thing you could consider a "deal" is the artbook Gamestop is supposed to provide with preordered copies, but AFAIK, you can't preorder it anymore, at least not in-store. I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

I tried preordering it in-store two days ago and was denied.

[quote name='Vigilante']The only thing you could consider a "deal" is the artbook Gamestop is supposed to provide with preordered copies, but AFAIK, you can't preorder it anymore, at least not in-store. I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]
No worries then. I grabbed it off Amazon. It's not in my I must play it ASAP backlog because I have Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma and Lego LOTR to go through :lol:. Not to mention Sim City in March. Just want to grab a copy in case it goes out of stock.

[quote name='salty tbone']I tried preordering it [Fire Emblem : Awakening] in-store two days ago and was denied.[/QUOTE]

Did they not let you preorder the game or just the artbook?

The game is out of the GS preorder system. Only way you can get it now from GS is the system bundle or buying someone's preordered copy that doesn't pick it up no earlier than 48 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back