Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kermit036']The PSP continues to live. Class of Heroes 2 may still get a physical release. Even though the kickstarter was unsuccessful it looks like they still may do a preorder only physical release of the game if enough people commit (with an alternate version exclusive to people who backed the Kickstarter).

Kickstarter link for better details:
LINK[/QUOTE]
I would be in for 2 if this happens!!!

[quote name='Vigilante']XSeed posted their planned release schedule for 2013, which includes the already-announced Killer Is Dead (Summer) and Pandora's Tower (March 26), but there are a few surprises:

-Rune Factory 4 :)3ds:) - Summer
-Valhalla Knights 3 (Vita) - Fall
-Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita) - Fall
-Ys I & II Chronicles+ (Steam) - February

Source: http://www.newgamernation.com/xseed...lineup-which-includes-suda51s-killer-is-dead/

EDIT: Better source with descriptions for each game (except Pandora's Tower): http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ng-killer-is-dead-rune-factory-4-to-n-america[/QUOTE]

too bad that vita game will be download only.. didnt someone say Xseed gave up putting out physical games on handhelds

[quote name='slidecage']too bad that vita game will be download only.. didnt someone say Xseed gave up putting out physical games on handhelds[/QUOTE]

That would be a deal breaker for me... unless I got the games for free. :bomb: Hopefully they plan a physical release!!

[quote name='slidecage']too bad that vita game will be download only.. didnt someone say Xseed gave up putting out physical games on handhelds[/QUOTE]

they are confirmed physical cart

[quote name='kermit036']The PSP continues to live. Class of Heroes 2 may still get a physical release. Even though the kickstarter was unsuccessful it looks like they still may do a preorder only physical release of the game if enough people commit (with an alternate version exclusive to people who backed the Kickstarter).

LINK[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I still would've preferred the CE they were shooting for, so I don't know if a standard UMD would be something truly special.

LINK[/QUOTE]

[quote name='keine']That's cool. I still would've preferred the CE they were shooting for, so I don't know if a standard UMD would be something truly special.[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over this if Amazon or Gamestop was doing a pre-order for this. I want to continue to support the PSP.

LINK[/QUOTE]

I got an email this morning from them confirming this. It's unfortunate that the KS didn't meet its goal, but at least there's still a chance of a physical release.

Like others here, I want to continue to buy PSP games, but won't touch non-physical releases.

I have a question about international shipping.

How are sites like YesAsia able to offer free shipping? I sent them a return and the shipping cost was $24. That was the cheapest available. Also how are international sellers on ebay able to offer $2.99 and free shipping on items? Is there a certain method they are using?

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']I have a question about international shipping.

How are sites like YesAsia able to offer free shipping? I sent them a return and the shipping cost was $24. That was the cheapest available. Also how are international sellers on ebay able to offer $2.99 and free shipping on items? Is there a certain method they are using?[/QUOTE]

The postal service in those countries charge less than USPS for international shipping. The recent price increase for USPS increase domestic by 10 cent, but increased international mailing by A LOT.

[quote name='keine']That's cool. I still would've preferred the CE they were shooting for, so I don't know if a standard UMD would be something truly special.[/QUOTE]

Vic will probably produce the physical copies to have different disc art. Kinda like how he did for the original Lunar: The Silver Star and the Playstation remakes of Lunar 1 and 2.

A majority of the discs will have the same art, with a select few having the more rare artworks shown.

The Class of Heroes 2 pre-order interest gauging email address isn't being announced until Monday. This is the most recent message they sent to those of us who signed up to fund the unsuccessful Kickstarter CE project:

"The complete informaiton regarding the Class of Heroes 2 physical+digital combo release will be posted on http://www.gaijinworks.com at 10am Monday, 2/4. If you're interested in micro-updates on Class of Heroes 2 and other Gaijinworks information, my official twitter is @gaijin4life Thanks!"

[quote name='scott_matthews']The Class of Heroes 2 pre-order interest gauging email address isn't being announced until Monday. This is the most recent message they sent to those of us who signed up to fund the unsuccessful Kickstarter CE project:

"The complete informaiton regarding the Class of Heroes 2 physical+digital combo release will be posted on http://www.gaijinworks.com at 10am Monday, 2/4. If you're interested in micro-updates on Class of Heroes 2 and other Gaijinworks information, my official twitter is @gaijin4life Thanks!"[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Will keep track of this.

[quote name='62t']The postal service in those countries charge less than USPS for international shipping. The recent price increase for USPS increase domestic by 10 cent, but increased international mailing by A LOT.[/QUOTE]
Also, they increase the prices of the actual items a bit to absorb the extra shipping cost. If you compare Play-Asia prices to Yes-Asia prices (I picked P-A because it's a similar Asian import store aimed at Westerners) you'll see that Y-A costs more for the same items. P-A also has free shipping now but there's a minimum order and it's only for small/light/flat things, so they don't have to pay much for the small packets and they make enough profit off the order to cover it.

Since the PS3 era is nearing an end and I very much doubt Namco is going to bring it over I'm going to import Tales of Vesperia. I have a question since this is my first time importing, is YesAsia a good reliable site? I see the game there and over at Play Asia and YesAsia has it for $47.99 versus Play Asia's $50.90.
Also are there any coupon codes that can be used for first time purchases or purchase over $50 on either site?

The biggest factor is the economy of scale at work. E-tailers (whether domestic or export) have bulk shipping contracts with their providers of choice, they don't pay anywhere close to the same rates you and I would. What would cost you or me $10 to ship on a one-off transaction only costs an e-tailer a fraction of that because they ship in such bulk.

I used to work for a major US e-commerce provider and it would cost us on average about 25% of the normal retail shipping charge to send something out. That discount rate was pretty much the same whether domestic or international.

[quote name='scott_matthews']The Class of Heroes 2 pre-order interest gauging email address isn't being announced until Monday. This is the most recent message they sent to those of us who signed up to fund the unsuccessful Kickstarter CE project:

"The complete informaiton regarding the Class of Heroes 2 physical+digital combo release will be posted on http://www.gaijinworks.com at 10am Monday, 2/4. If you're interested in micro-updates on Class of Heroes 2 and other Gaijinworks information, my official twitter is @gaijin4life Thanks!"[/QUOTE]

game will never see light of day.. says they need 2500 orders they only got like 900 kickstarter people

[quote name='slidecage']game will never see light of day.. says they need 2500 orders they only got like 900 kickstarter people[/QUOTE]

There are easily 2500 people who would purchase a physical copy of this game just for collector's sake ALONE. Half of the problem is the same problem every other indie game and B/niche game has - few people take the time to look to see what's out there unless its free-to-play MMORPGs.

[quote name='rockykai']There are easily 2500 people who would purchase a physical copy of this game just for collector's sake ALONE. Half of the problem is the same problem every other indie game and B/niche game has - few people take the time to look to see what's out there unless its free-to-play MMORPGs.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. It really depends on the price and how well it's promoted. Holy Invasion of Privacy Part One couldn't even hit 1000 preorders and that was long before the second one was announced for localization.

Sign-up for the physical copies of Class of Heroes 2 is up over at http://www.gaijinworks.com/

While it's not an actual pre-order, Victor Ireland is seeing if enough people would sign up for this project. Also a few tidbits of info: Class of Heroes 2 will be $24.99 on PSN but if the physical project sign-up is a success, the physical copy plus download code will be priced at $34.99. I already signed up to support Ireland's work toward this. There's also video footage of the localized game on the site.

Glad to see that the threshold for making the physical version a reality is 2500 copies and not 2500 orders. In for 5 to try and help make this thing a reality.

[quote name='worrybomb']Sign-up for the physical copies of Class of Heroes 2 is up over at http://www.gaijinworks.com/

While it's not an actual pre-order, Victor Ireland is seeing if enough people would sign up for this project. Also a few tidbits of info: Class of Heroes 2 will be $24.99 on PSN but if the physical project sign-up is a success, the physical copy plus download code will be priced at $34.99. I already signed up to support Ireland's work toward this. There's also video footage of the localized game on the site.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this is a fantastic deal. We still get a digital copy so that we can keep our physical copies mint while enjoying the game either on PSP or Vita. I'd love to see more of this in the future and I also support this idea as well.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't know about that. It really depends on the price and how well it's promoted. Holy Invasion of Privacy Part One couldn't even hit 1000 preorders and that was long before the second one was announced for localization.[/QUOTE]

I do see your point though :), especially since the price was unknown.

If I remember correctly (which isn't worth that grain of salt sometimes LOL), there was something on Siliconera about it and there are currently a few NeoGAF threads on it.

I think this price is quite fine all things said. I put in for one (because I'm 100% not in this to make a profit). Now to figure out that golden question...

I put in for one. I'm wondering if the digital code will be sealed in the box or if it'll come separate. I'd probably just leave the copy sealed if separate.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone's Fire Emblem ship yet? Amazon says it will be delivered Wednesday but its listed as out of stock. I did preorder it though.[/QUOTE]
I did not get any text update from Gamestop like I normally do for my pre-orders. There's a discussion going on in the fire emblem LE console thread as well.

[quote name='shivan128']I did not get any text update from Gamestop like I normally do for my pre-orders. There's a discussion going on in the fire emblem LE console thread as well.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I did the pick-up in store option.

[quote name='JAlbertL']I was thinking the same thing. I did the pick-up in store option.[/QUOTE]
I ordered mine in store, so I would have expected a text or a phone call today from the guys there.. but so far nothing.

From Amazon's FE page:

"Potential Shipping Delay
Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays . Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause."

Went ahead and signed up for the Class of Heroes 2 physical copy. Hopefully next week we'll have an email with a link to order one of those bad mother suckas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back