Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
877_1788Edit_zps2a1acab9.jpg

Victor should use this puppet to promote the game. XD

Also if this does hit 2500 will it be easy to get the physical copy of the game day one? Or will this be
another sells out in 3 seconds Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition thing again?

Bemani_573

Bemani_573
Bemani_573

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TerraBemani']
877_1788Edit_zps2a1acab9.jpg

Victor should use this puppet to promote the game. XD

Also if this does hit 2500 will it be easy to get the physical copy of the game day one? Or will this be

Bemani_573

Bemani_573
Bemani_573
[/QUOTE]

Mine are in storage. I miss having them around. :( Punching Puppet Ghaleon ftw.

another sells out in 3 seconds Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition thing again?[/QUOTE]

Definitely a question you have to ask Vic over at the reddit thread.

What I read so far on that is he won't be dealing with Digital River when it comes to ordering the game once this comes into fruition.

[quote name='MrBonk']Thank god no Digital Shitver.

Also: They will ONLY be making as many Physical copies as are preordered IIRC[/QUOTE]
I hope we can make it to the goal but at this rate i'm not sure. :(

Should/Can we make this it's own thread on here to be noticed more? I mean it is a deal afterall for only $10 more than what the digital copy is you get a download code AND a very rare limited physical copy.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']I hope we can make it to the goal but at this rate i'm not sure. :(

Should/Can we make this it's own thread on here to be noticed more? I mean it is a deal afterall for only $10 more than what the digital copy is you get a download code AND a very rare limited physical copy.[/QUOTE]

Well technically, it's not a deal since the product doesn't even exist after all. Also, someone made a standalone thread in this folder only for it to be moved to the PSP/Vita gaming folder.

I'm all for raising awareness but I understand you have to obey the rules here. I did make a thread about this at r/RPG_Gamers so that's something at the very least.

[quote name='worrybomb']Well technically, it's not a deal since the product doesn't even exist after all. Also, someone made a standalone thread in this folder only for it to be moved to the PSP/Vita gaming folder.

I'm all for raising awareness but I understand you have to obey the rules here. I did make a thread about this at r/RPG_Gamers so that's something at the very least.[/QUOTE]
Yeah every bit helps!!! Hope we can make it! :)

[/QUOTE]

vic is posting in a thread over at neogaf (user vireland) about the game and he said basically the physical copies will go to the people who sign up / preorder it and if you want the game after you will have to get it digitally.

Here is hoping it will make it too!

I really didn't want to increase my backlog my first (and I was unimpressed with EO4), but I kind of got my big "schtick" question answered and for now, I'm jumping ship.

I'm really amazed that EO4 will get 50K+ sold and yet a very similar game can't even get 2500 preorders. This does not bode well for reaching the 10K sold threshold or...whatever Vic's goal for this game was on NeoGAF.

[quote name='rockykai']Here is hoping it will make it too!

I really didn't want to increase my backlog my first (and I was unimpressed with EO4), but I kind of got my big "schtick" question answered and for now, I'm jumping ship.

I'm really amazed that EO4 will get 50K+ sold and yet a very similar game can't even get 2500 preorders. This does not bode well for reaching the 10K sold threshold or...whatever Vic's goal for this game was on NeoGAF.[/QUOTE]
Should I poke around on some EO boards and let them know about Class of Heroes 2?

[quote name='rockykai']Here is hoping it will make it too!

I'm really amazed that EO4 will get 50K+ sold and yet a very similar game can't even get 2500 preorders. This does not bode well for reaching the 10K sold threshold or...whatever Vic's goal for this game was on NeoGAF.[/QUOTE]

eo4 on 3DS alive system

COH2 on PSP a dead system to 99.9% of the gaming market

after playing the 3ds xl and the VITA i can no longer go back to playing the small psp screen

[quote name='rockykai']
This does not bode well for reaching the 10K sold threshold or...whatever Vic's goal for this game was on NeoGAF.[/QUOTE]

as far as i know it is coming out digitally either way but if there is going to be a physical copy it will have to hit that 2500 number. but vic did post in the gaf thread that he hopes to bring other games over this way if it is successful.

[quote name='slidecage']
after playing the 3ds xl and the VITA i can no longer go back to playing the small psp screen[/QUOTE]

Well you don't necessarily have to go back to the PSP screen since the physical game will be bundled with a PSN download code so you can play it on the Vita all you want. And if you don't want the physical copy, it's pretty much a guarantee this will be a collector's item in the near future and will sell for quite a few bucks. I'm personally keeping my physical copy, of course.

In related news, the sign-up has hit 1,900 copies. Only 600 to go!

I hope this isn't an inflated number, and represents the actual number of copies that people are going to buy, especially if the final total barely exceeds 2,500.
It sounds like if they then decide to proceed with the pre-order program, it still can fall short of the 2,500 copies required.

[quote name='jeatsee']as far as i know it is coming out digitally either way but if there is going to be a physical copy it will have to hit that 2500 number. but vic did post in the gaf thread that he hopes to bring other games over this way if it is successful.[/QUOTE]

You got it exactly. I just also remember him mentioning that wants to sell 10K copies (mostly digital of course) as his own total sales expectations (it was...something like that).

I also didn't realize that this limited singup ends on Wednesday night / Thursday morning. Only 600 more to go, but not much time to get it in by.

[quote name='JCrichton']Digital download so I can play it on the Vita sold this for me.

:)[/QUOTE]

ill buy it digital want more rpg's to come state side, not really wanting the psp disk Thu an have no desire try flip it if it was successful pre order

Will EO4 be hard to find after it releases? I have a bit of a 3DS backlog but...pre-ordered it anyways at Newegg. I just hope Newegg fulfills my order.

I've only played EO3 in the past and found it way to difficult (turned off). EO4 demo seems fun, a lot more polished, and a bit easier.

[quote name='DarkMario616']Will EO4 be hard to find after it releases? I have a bit of a 3DS backlog but...pre-ordered it anyways at Newegg. I just hope Newegg fulfills my order.

I've only played EO3 in the past and found it way to difficult (turned off). EO4 demo seems fun, a lot more polished, and a bit easier.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't preordered it, it'll probably be a little tough to find at retail chains. If anything, you can always download the game off the eShop since it'll be up there for download.

I'm playing EO2 right now in preparation of the 4th installment and the Class of Heroes 2 sign-up drive have made me want to enjoy some dungeon crawling goodness.

Well I want that CD and Artbook it's coming with :p Pre-ordered at Newegg like I said. Just hoping they will fulfill it. Could have went with Amazon but...TAX ;_;

[quote name='MulderYuffie']"Thanks. Every signup helps! We're less than 20 from 2,000 now."
I sure hope this ends up making it.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I feel like we are so close to succeeding with this. I wish I could put down for more copies, but there's too many good games coming out Q1 that I have on pre-order.

Gaijinwork's latest tweet states the sign-up drive is passed 2,000. 500 more to go! Also, this campaign will conclude in the next four days so if you're still hesitant, don't let this opportunity pass by.

[quote name='worrybomb']Gaijinwork's latest tweet states the sign-up drive is passed 2,000. 500 more to go! Also, this campaign will conclude in the next four days so if you're still hesitant, don't let this opportunity pass by.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for a couple of copies. Anything to keep niche titles like these alive in the FPS dominated NA.:boxing:

I want to pre-order eo4, but from where? I'm mainly worried about how things are packaged, as I don't want the art book or cd to be damaged. Any recommendations?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I want to pre-order eo4, but from where? I'm mainly worried about how things are packaged, as I don't want the art book or cd to be damaged. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Your best bet may be to preorder in-store at Gamestop. I don't usually preorder any games but lately if I have to, I've chosen Newegg and most of their packages have been sent in boxes (like my copies of Ragnarok Odyssey and PS All-Stars Battle Royale). If you have Amazon Prime, most likely that will be shipped in a box.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']did newegg have a preorder promo for etrian odyssey 4?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='worrybomb']Yes Newegg is one of the retailers listed for the bonus offers over at the EO4 preorder page.[/QUOTE]

I think Gamer SDP meant whether Newegg had a discount. AFAIK, no, because the last $10 off code that worked for me was before EO4 was available for preorder.

[quote name='elessar123']I think Gamer SDP meant whether Newegg had a discount. AFAIK, no, because the last $10 off code that worked for me was before EO4 was available for preorder.[/QUOTE]

If you meant discount codes, then no I haven't seen any Newegg preorder discount codes since the holiday season. The only recent Newegg preorder discount was for PC games. Who knows what will happen between now and the release date so if you want to take a chance then wait a week or two.

I was able to pre-order EO4 on 10/29 with a promo code, getting it to 29.99.

I think that was the start of Newegg slowing down on the codes it were handing out though.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Does newegg put 3DS games in a actual box and not a bubble mailer? I'm going to order EO4. Just don't want it crushed in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I can almost guarantee this will be sent in a padded pouch.

Found a copy of Adventures to Go complete at Gamestop. Picked it up for $5. They also had DARK SPIRE, but no case and manual means no buys.

Edit: If no case/manual bothers you, the Gamestop was the Marketplace Dr. Gamestop in Rochester, MN

[quote name='SephirothWF']Found a copy of Adventures to Go complete at Gamestop. Picked it up for $5. They also had DARK SPIRE, but no case and manual means no buys.

Edit: If no case/manual bothers you, the Gamestop was the Marketplace Dr. Gamestop in Rochester, MN[/QUOTE]

I believe I remember buying The Dark Spire for $5 over a year ago at Gamestop. Came with everything.

It's funny that I had trouble getting into that game yet the Etrian Odyssey series I had no problem with.

Hey, I have a quick question and was hoping someone could help me out. Normally there is a y fold on the top and bottom of games, the ones that aren't limited Editions or collector's editions, so you know it is factory sealed. I have gotten a game, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for the 3ds that didn't have the y fold and I know that is the way it is supposed to be because I saw other copies of the game in best buy without the y fold. My question is whether SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3ds has a y fold? The one I got doesn't and I am wondering whether I should return it because it may not be factory sealed due to the lack of the y fold.

[quote name='MarshMan34']Hey, I have a quick question and was hoping someone could help me out. Normally there is a y fold on the top and bottom of games, the ones that aren't limited Editions or collector's editions, so you know it is factory sealed. I have gotten a game, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for the 3ds that didn't have the y fold and I know that is the way it is supposed to be because I saw other copies of the game in best buy without the y fold. My question is whether SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3ds has a y fold? The one I got doesn't and I am wondering whether I should return it because it may not be factory sealed due to the lack of the y fold.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Devil Survivor Overclocked that I recently got new from Amazon is still sealed, but it also doesn't have a Y fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back