Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='worrybomb']Supposedly, everyone who signed up will be sent an email Monday morning on preordering a voucher for the retail copies. No idea if that will face a Working Designs delay either.[/QUOTE]

I wrote them about this, reminding them of the disastrous Ni No Kuni debacle with Digital River, asking them to make sure everyone who pre-ordered a physical copy will be able to get one. I'm sure I'm not the only one. No reply yet, but hopefully the fact that the emails haven't been sent means they're thoroughly testing their ordering system.

EDIT: Oh, and I voted for cover "B". "D" was my second choice.

The PSP refuses to die, as Natsume has announced that they are localizing Mystic Chronicles, a Kemco RPG that goes by the name of Fantasy Chronicles on iOS. The PSP port cost only $7 when it was released in Japan, so hopefully, the US release will be cheap as well.

I've played a few of these kemco rpgs (eve of the genesis, symphony of eternity) on my android tablet. They're fairly short, run-of-the-mill rpgs with very linear storylines. Their fairly grindy rpgs (which I like). You could do worse for a $7 game, but it's not something you'd write home to the family about.

Just thought I'd share this message from GaijinWorks, in response to my asking about the physical Class of Heroes 2 and my concerns about not everyone who wants one being able to get one:

First, there's no Digital River fulfillment with this. That's a positive start for not getting things screwed up.

Secondly, we are preselling it, not pre-ordering it, so we will close the presales, then make as many as we have hard sales for. So if you've bought the voucher in the presale when we open it, you're guaranteed a copy!

Thanks for your interest, and watch for the purchase links to go live. They'll be open for about a week.
I LOL'd at the first paragraph.

[quote name='Zbornak']The PSP refuses to die, as Natsume has announced that they are localizing Mystic Chronicles, a Kemco RPG that goes by the name of Fantasy Chronicles on iOS. The PSP port cost only $7 when it was released in Japan, so hopefully, the US release will be cheap as well.[/QUOTE]

never will see light of day on a UMD for 7 though

The NISA online store has some price changes and re-stocks:

Atelier Meruru (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia Mk2 (price drop) - $39.99
Disgaea 4 (price drop) - $19.99

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']The NISA online store has some price changes and re-stocks:

Atelier Meruru (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia (re-stock) - $29.99
Neptunia Mk2 (price drop) - $39.99
Disgaea 4 (price drop) - $19.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - I've been waiting for a restock on Hyperdimension Neptunia.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']
...have no idea what to make of this game.[/QUOTE]

It's a visual novel, in the same vein as the Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward). But with much more pink, apparently.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Are there demos for the Neptunia games? I heard a lot about them so I wanted to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Youtube.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']more psp love coming our way thanks to the good folks at aksysgames...
http://www.aksysgames.com/2013/02/14/a-sweet-valentine-announcement-sweet-fuse-at-your-side/

...have no idea what to make of this game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='morrodox']It's a visual novel, in the same vein as the Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward). But with much more pink, apparently.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chibilaharl']Annnnd it's already up on Amazon. With a pre-order bonus too. I have to say, I am really shocked this is getting a physical release, when so many other games go DD.[/QUOTE]

At the moment, I can't figure out what the pre-order bonus is.

I might get it and the newer Hakuoki game since I haven't been disappointed yet.

Just finished all of the endings of Virtue's Last Reward and can't wait for the next game in the Zero Escape series!

Gaijinworks has apparently rebooted the voting for the cover art of CoH2. For the final round of voting, Vic has whittled it down to a choice of 4 covers: 2 covers which were the most popular choices from the last voting round, 1 cover that is a mix variation of previous cover choices C and D, and by popular request, cover art that was used for the Japanese release of CoH2.

The top two choices will be used: one for the regular edition and the other for Kickstarter backers who supported the failed-CoH2 kickstarter.

You can vote at Gaijinworks' website.

Is there a good reason why Vic is doing shit like this yet -again-? Yeah I want the game still but how can you even trust the guy now? More working designs like delays and lies. No wonder they very sadly went out of business. If they needed more time fine. But at least don't lie about it. And now a rebooting of some simple voting for a cover art thing? Is there another hidden reason behind this? Was there going to be problems all along and he's just dragging this out? No wonder I never heard much about Miami Law too. At this point I wouldn't trust the guy to do anything he says on time -ever-. Or trust anything he says. No wonder any job he has now isn't anything major. Maybe this is the main reason why the kickstarter failed too. Maybe people still don't trust Vic from all the WD stuff? I still remember all the sealed games he had hoarded for so many years and sold them off on ebay too.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Is there a good reason why Vic is doing shit like this yet -again-? Yeah I want the game still but how can you even trust the guy now? More working designs like delays and lies. No wonder they very sadly went out of business. If they needed more time fine. But at least don't lie about it. And now a rebooting of some simple voting for a cover art thing? Is there another hidden reason behind this? Was there going to be problems all along and he's just dragging this out? No wonder I never heard much about Miami Law too. At this point I wouldn't trust the guy to do anything he says on time -ever-. Or trust anything he says. No wonder any job he has now isn't anything major. Maybe this is the main reason why the kickstarter failed too. Maybe people still don't trust Vic from all the WD stuff? I still remember all the sealed games he had hoarded for so many years and sold them off on ebay too.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be Vic if a game doesn't suffer Working Designs-type delays. Still, the guy's trying to appease the folks that are interested in purchasing the physical version. The most popular critiques people made was they wanted the mix of cover choice C & D and others wanted him to use the Japanese CoH2 cover art. Also, it's not like once the voting ends, we'll receive the UMDs on our laps the next day. He mentioned the PSN version will come first, which looks like to be around by Mid-March tentatively if it passes Sony Q/A.

Yeah it's being delayed but you rather him just slap any ol' artwork on paper and call it a day? I, for one, am willing to wait. It's not like I'm going to play this the moment I get it.

[quote name='worrybomb']Gaijinworks has apparently rebooted the voting for the cover art of CoH2. For the final round of voting, Vic has whittled it down to a choice of 4 covers: 2 covers which were the most popular choices from the last voting round, 1 cover that is a mix variation of previous cover choices C and D, and by popular request, cover art that was used for the Japanese release of CoH2.

The top two choices will be used: one for the regular edition and the other for Kickstarter backers who supported the failed-CoH2 kickstarter.

You can vote at Gaijinworks' website.[/QUOTE]

Wheres the A love =(

Yeah I never expected the game when the voting ends. I just don't want to see another Duke Nukem Forever bullshit thing or Lunar 1/2 ps1 all over again. But hell in the end it really doesn't matter what I say or anyone else does. They'll release it whenever they want and it's not like we have any real say in it.

[quote name='chibilaharl']Annnnd it's already up on Amazon. With a pre-order bonus too. I have to say, I am really shocked this is getting a physical release, when so many other games go DD.[/QUOTE]

I too am very surprised but also thrilled, as I refuse to spend money on things I can't physically own. (Would love to play Corpse Party, but...)

[quote name='TerraBemani']Yeah I never expected the game when the voting ends. I just don't want to see another Duke Nukem Forever bullshit thing or Lunar 1/2 ps1 all over again. But hell in the end it really doesn't matter what I say or anyone else does. They'll release it whenever they want and it's not like we have any real say in it.[/QUOTE]

What bullshit with Lunar 1/2? Endless delays I'm guessing?

The sadistic side of me wants the blank paper and crayons to win...

But I chose C. :p

[quote name='TerraBemani']Yeah I never expected the game when the voting ends. I just don't want to see another Duke Nukem Forever bullshit thing or Lunar 1/2 ps1 all over again. But hell in the end it really doesn't matter what I say or anyone else does. They'll release it whenever they want and it's not like we have any real say in it.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Magic Knight Rayearth? The game that was delayed so much for the Saturn that it ended up becoming the last game for Saturn in general. I don't remember Lunar 1 and 2 being delayed that heinously.

So I ordered the Atlier games and Mk2 through Play Asia but now they're asking for me to send them a photocopy of my CC and ID. I went ahead and added my card to Paypal but I have to wait for it to be verified. Has this happened with anyone else?

[quote name='kamakazi5']So I ordered the Atlier games and Mk2 through Play Asia but now they're asking for me to send them a photocopy of my CC and ID. I went ahead and added my card to Paypal but I have to wait for it to be verified. Has this happened with anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yep, even though I used the additional optional verification step. Actually, they just called me as I was typing this for a voice verification on top of everything else.

Wonder how many sales they're losing due to the hoop-jumping . . . I seriously thought about just cancelling the order, but I doubt anything except Neptunia Mk2 will ever drop lower (and doubtful that'll ever drop below $20).

[quote name='Rohsiph']Wonder how many sales they're losing due to the hoop-jumping . . . [/QUOTE]

I know that I wouldn't do that. Sending a copy of an ID and credit card (especially with no idea who exactly is on the other end or how they'll handle the data) is just asking for identity theft. If Play Asia is allowed to be that paranoid, then so am I.

NISA held a press event today and announced a few titles that they will be localizing.

- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
- The Guided Fate Paradox (spiritual successor to ZHP)
- Time and Eternity (both game and anime series)

A few notes from the event: Nippon Ichi Software are planning to support the PS4, Witch and The Hundred Knights game is almost completed, and iOS app Character Chowdown will get an update this coming spring.

[quote name='worrybomb']NISA held a press event today and announced a few titles that they will be localizing.

[/QUOTE]

fuck, finally. I was getting nervous. Have had the teaser image they first released as my phone's wallpaper still.

I know some people are hating on it, but I still want to play Time and Eternity. I love the art style, and it's a pretty looking game. Can't wait for it.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I know some people are hating on it, but I still want to play Time and Eternity. I love the art style, and it's a pretty looking game. Can't wait for it.[/QUOTE]Same here. I'm excited to see the CE I'm sure NISA has planned for it. :bouncy:

[quote name='worrybomb']NISA held a press event today and announced a few titles that they will be localizing.

A few notes from the event: Nippon Ichi Software are planning to support the PS4, Witch and The Hundred Knights game is almost completed, and iOS app Character Chowdown will get an update this coming spring.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm going to have to check out the document for the announcements to see if they are editing anything from T&E.

Looking forward to Time and Eternity and The Guided Fate Paradox....I think I've had enough Disgaea for a while but since it returns to my favorite characters likely from the series (also liked Disgaea 2's quite a bit), I'll pick it up somewhere along the way.

[quote name='62t']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFcn50cZpxE&list=UUKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw

English trailer for Guided Fate Paradox[/QUOTE]
Want, looks awesome.

[quote name='sultangaming']I'm really excited about Time and Eternity! Looks amazing.

Me getting Disgaea D2 is a given.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has preorders for T&E at $50. I am really excited for that, just for the art style the managed to do. I been waiting for JRPG's to get to that level. I think my goal now is to collect PS3 JRPG's this year (well ones that I want to play), and then hold out for a PS4 price drop.

A few notes from the event: Nippon Ichi Software are planning to support the PS4, Witch and The Hundred Knights game is almost completed, and iOS app Character Chowdown will get an update this coming spring.[/QUOTE]

All three are available for pre-order at Amazon:

- The Guided Fate Paradox
- Time and Eternity

I tossed pre-orders in at Amazon more as just a reminder to myself to keep checking back to NISA's site for the inevitable NISA-exclusive bundles. Speaking of which, I see the NISA exclusive Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition is sold out.

Guided Fate Paradox trailer looks awesome. I'll be looking forward to any pre-order bonuses from NISA for this and TnE. Another SRPG to added to my growing backlog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back