Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nitrosmob']I've done paying with Paypal with NISA for pretty much every pre-order I get from them. They always do some charge when you order to make sure it goes through, but it never goes through and they charge when they say they charge. They don't charge right away. Someone like Digital River....yes they charge right away...and it sucks....I like NISA because they only charge when shipping. You also get an email saying you're setting up a charge...but it wont happen fully for a while.[/QUOTE]

If you pay with PayPal (whether via credit card, bank account or existing balance), you get charged right away.

If you pay with a credit card, they do a temporary charge on your card to make sure the card is valid. After a few days, this pending charge goes away. They charge you the actual amount when the item ships.

It's really not that complicated.

[quote name='Vinny']If you pay with PayPal (whether via credit card, bank account or existing balance), you get charged right away.

If you pay with a credit card, they do a temporary charge on your card to make sure the card is valid. After a few days, this pending charge goes away. They charge you the actual amount when the item ships.

It's really not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is, because that isn't what happened for me when I purchased Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2.

I placed the order, they made an authorization with PayPal for the full amount, 72 dollars or something like that, it was withheld from my account for a couple days, then returned. Then right before the game shipped they charged me for real.

[quote name='NEP']Apparently it is, because that isn't what happened for me when I purchased Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2.

I placed the order, they made an authorization with PayPal for the full amount, 72 dollars or something like that, it was withheld from my account for a couple days, then returned. Then right before the game shipped they charged me for real.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they did in fact update their PP policy that they can put authorizations on PP payments... which doesn't make sense because PP is payment service, not a credit service. I wonder why some people only had authorizations while others were charged?:whistle2:k

Anyone else feel the atelier series was a bit too...simple? I just found I couldn't get into the first ps3 one. But the graphics look so good, I am tempted everytime a new one is announced.. >.

Totori (2nd) and Meruru (3rd) improve the formula significantly, with the latter being the best. You can get away with only playing those two (the Arland Trilogy) and Ayesha (which just came out) but you'll appreciate the references in the games more if you've played Rorona (1st)

[quote name='chibilaharl']Anyone else feel the atelier series was a bit too...simple? I just found I couldn't get into the first ps3 one. But the graphics look so good, I am tempted everytime a new one is announced.. >.

After playing and giving up on Atelier Rorona, I'd been introduced to the limited time management stuff, the combat being mostly about preparing and rationing consumables, the syrupy dialogue and all the other stuff about the PS3 games that isn't like Atelier Iris.

So I had more fun with Atelier Totori, personally. The crafting turned out to be reasonably deep, the voice was more bearable, and the humor seemed a bit more self-aware. But I think most people probably struggle with all of the above regardless of which game in the series they play first.

Been meaning to try the other Ateliers, but my Rorona experience wasn't all that for me. Would I be missing out if I just don't finish and skip that and move on to Totori & Meruru? Are the improvements/changes that much better than the 1st?

[quote name='Vigilante']Did you mean to link to this page?[/QUOTE]Yeah I didn't realize the link was messed up, but I fixed it. Actually meant to link to a Siliconera article but that's pretty much the same thing.

That came out of nowhere. I'm wondering if I should buy this and sell my PS3 version.

Anyone know if it's a digital only game or if there will be a retail version?

Looks like per image on NG, it's dual audio. (I thought it wasn't gonna be...?)

original.jpg

Guess I gotta figure out what I can add for 10 to get the $10 credit thingy now hahah :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']That came out of nowhere. I'm wondering if I should buy this and sell my PS3 version.

Anyone know if it's a digital only game or if there will be a retail version?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Haven't even touched my PS3 copy. I don't think there is going to be a retail copy. At least it doesn't seem like there will be.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I'm actually downloading right now and it was on the PS Blog. The file size is 2.9 GB. One of the stealthiest game releases of all time.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn't click buy so I wasn't sure. Kinda shocked no one knew this was coming out today...

Part of me is happy something showed up to push me to the 100$ spent on PSN range. But I'm also ticked that I have to use the credit I was saving for Luigi's Mansion on this thanks to the lack of any announcement and ninja release

since I cant find it anywhere, and theres no date on my tracking number, does anyone know when this is supposed to arrive, street date or later?

[quote name='mikemb402']since I cant find it anywhere, and theres no date on my tracking number, does anyone know when this is supposed to arrive, street date or later?[/QUOTE]

Considering it's available now I'm going to say after.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']Mines still pending fulfillment even though they charged me like 6 days ago and gave me that GC code.[/QUOTE]

On the same boat. :cry:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Woot, expected delivery by the 22nd.[/QUOTE]

I got the same. I think they bumped my shipping to Priority because of the delay in release. My cheap ass never pays for faster shipping, lol.

[quote name='bakutenten']I got the same. I think they bumped my shipping to Priority because of the delay in release. My cheap ass never pays for faster shipping, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they had to do priority due to the size of the box.

Assuming the box is as big as I think it is I mean.

A question to the fans of the Atelier series. Am I sabotaging myself if the first Atelier game I play is the new Ayesha? Are there vast improvements in this that would make going backward rather difficult? or should I just track down Rorona, or Totori and start with those?

I never beat Rorona, but from what I understand it's by far the worst one. I read Totori made some pretty big improvements, so I'm guessing if you skip it then it'll be hard to go back.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='bakutenten']I got the same. I think they bumped my shipping to Priority because of the delay in release. My cheap ass never pays for faster shipping, lol.[/QUOTE]

This lol. I got free priority too.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']A question to the fans of the Atelier series. Am I sabotaging myself if the first Atelier game I play is the new Ayesha? Are there vast improvements in this that would make going backward rather difficult? or should I just track down Rorona, or Totori and start with those?[/QUOTE]

My wife beat Rorona, Totori and she is almost done with Meruru. Ayesha is in a different land so it doesn't matter which order you play that game. But if you want to play the other games, start with Rorona as the characters in each game transfer over and add to the story, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back