Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be getting mine tomorrow after checking tracking.

Also, am I the only one interested in those new art prints? Are they about the same size as a poster or smaller?

[quote name='AukeySeven']My wife beat Rorona, Totori and she is almost done with Meruru. Ayesha is in a different land so it doesn't matter which order you play that game. But if you want to play the other games, start with Rorona as the characters in each game transfer over and add to the story, IMO.[/QUOTE]
This.

The Arland trilogy is separate all on it's own. Just like the Iris trilogy and other entries in the Atelier series since the 90s

[quote name='Talgrund']I should be getting mine tomorrow after checking tracking.

Also, am I the only one interested in those new art prints? Are they about the same size as a poster or smaller?[/QUOTE]

I like one of the glicees or whatever they're called, but $300? No thanks.

[quote name='Talgrund']I should be getting mine tomorrow after checking tracking.

Also, am I the only one interested in those new art prints? Are they about the same size as a poster or smaller?[/QUOTE]

They're all different sizes. The dimensions of each are on their store http://store.nisamerica.com/

Neptunia V Ltd Edition shipped! Should be getting it tomorrow. Good thing too, I've been stuck on the Japanese version for a few days now...

It says I also got a "Prinny Squad" sticker on my inventory. :)

Just got my Neptunia V Ltd Edition today in the mail. Was Surprised since it shipped out on the 19th and I went with standard shipping. Wasn't expecting it till next week and all with usps.

Edit: So I just opened my package and everything comes sealed within the bigger Time Capsule. Warning though is that they gave it a very thin bubble wrapping for protection with a plastic cover (This cover is a joke with how much weight the capsule has) like they did for the Dark Souls Ltd Edition. I was worried since my box came a bit dinged up on the bottom corners. Seems each of the bottom corners have some marking scuff on them and I have a small dent on one side =/ . Other than that it looks nice.

Edit 2: Just checked again and now I see there is also a decent size scratch on the back -_-. They really should of added some better padding on this.

[quote name='cabhills']Just got my Neptunia V Ltd Edition today in the mail. Was Surprised since it shipped out on the 19th and I went with standard shipping. Wasn't expecting it till next week and all with usps.

Edit: So I just opened my package and everything comes sealed within the bigger Time Capsule. Warning though is that they gave it a very thin bubble wrapping for protection with a plastic cover (This cover is a joke with how much weight the capsule has) like they did for the Dark Souls Ltd Edition. I was worried since my box came a bit dinged up on the bottom corners. Seems each of the bottom corners have some marking scuff on them and I have a small dent on one side =/ . Other than that it looks nice.

Edit 2: Just checked again and now I see there is also a decent size scratch on the back -_-. They really should of added some better padding on this.[/QUOTE]

If you're unhappy, I would contact them. They are very good about doing exchanges for damaged CEs.

[quote name='cabhills']Just got my Neptunia V Ltd Edition today in the mail. Was Surprised since it shipped out on the 19th and I went with standard shipping. Wasn't expecting it till next week and all with usps.

Edit 2: Just checked again and now I see there is also a decent size scratch on the back -_-. They really should of added some better padding on this.[/QUOTE]

Aww that sucks :cry:, mine came in today too and was in perfect condition. Of the CEes I've gotten from NISA, I think it's one of the better ones.

Looking for some advice, after reading some stuff and watching some gameplay I decided to get into the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, I will be getting the first 2 games and another $30 game at gamestop with a B2G1 coupon, essentially making them $20 each, however I would like to get the 3rd game at a good price if possible. The best price I found at the moment is $47 shipped for the game and the soundtrack, should I buy this game now or is it likely to drop a bit more within the next couple months?

[quote name='harleypv']Looking for some advice, after reading some stuff and watching some gameplay I decided to get into the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, I will be getting the first 2 games and another $30 game at gamestop with a B2G1 coupon, essentially making them $20 each, however I would like to get the 3rd game at a good price if possible. The best price I found at the moment is $47 shipped for the game and the soundtrack, should I buy this game now or is it likely to drop a bit more within the next couple months?[/QUOTE]

You realize you're asking if a game that came out this week is going to drop in the future, right?

The only game I bought that never dropped in price and I paid full msrp was Xenoblade Chronicles (hope there aren't any more gamestop exclusives)

[quote name='elessar123']You realize you're asking if a game that came out this week is going to drop in the future, right?[/QUOTE]

Reason I ask is because the other 2 have retained their value pretty well, and I don't need it immediately since I will be getting the other 2, also I don't know how much the soundtracks are typically worth.

so I got my limited edition and I saw the printing on the bigger lunchbox was uneven on one side...can I get a replacement or am I just being too picky

Got my Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory today... I didn't know it was a series when I ordered it. It just thought it looked cool. So how lost am I going to be if I just play this game first? I'll probably order the others.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Got my Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory today... I didn't know it was a series when I ordered it. It just thought it looked cool. So how lost am I going to be if I just play this game first? I'll probably order the others.[/QUOTE]
Overall t is a pretty average series not great average. MK2 which is the 2nd game is a big step up from the first which was indeed pretty bad with the bland constant reoccurring areas and monsters. The battles themselves would sometimes drag on and the story pacing was pretty awful too. MK2 did a way better job in the gameplay and story compartments. You will not be lost playing victory but if you want to play this series get MK2 also. MK2 was pretty much the "reboot" for the series and Victory is the sequel to that but overall you shouldn't be too lost.

Wow I was wondering where the hell my package was. My trolling ass brother had already signed for it and hid it >.>

Looks nearly perfect, just a few tiny scratches. But I'm keeping it anyway

So Capcom's announcement of the Dungeons and Dragons HD Collection being released in June kind of took the wind right out of Dragon's Crown's sails. I'll still get it because I have my Amazon price locked at $30, but the only reason I ordered it was because I assumed it was as close as we'd ever see to the D&D arcade games.

Dragon's Crown lost its wind because it got delayed harder than Duke Nukem Forever.....either way, those D&D games look awesome, never played em before. Also love that some of the artwork looks reminiscent of Breath of Fire or something (Especially in the 2nd one)

[quote name='roger watersmelon']So Capcom's announcement of the Dungeons and Dragons HD Collection being released in June kind of took the wind right out of Dragon's Crown's sails. I'll still get it because I have my Amazon price locked at $30, but the only reason I ordered it was because I assumed it was as close as we'd ever see to the D&D arcade games.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm getting all 3. I dropped so many quarters playing the D&D arcade game, it isn't even funny (plus I think one of them was only released in Europe). With it having co-op added to it? It only strengthens my want for it.

Dragon's Crown will be a nice addition to my collection also. I have it at the $38 from Newegg (back when they had many of those $12 off promos). I don't think the wind was taken out of the sails, I think it only made the desire more grand for Dragon's Crown.

The Neptunia V LE is great. Mine looks excellent and I love the tin inside a lunchbox type tin. Just great. Will take a while to play the game but this is NISA's best LE for the series so far.

[quote name='nitrosmob']The Neptunia V LE is great. Mine looks excellent and I love the tin inside a lunchbox type tin. Just great. Will take a while to play the game but this is NISA's best LE for the series so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, got mine today. Absolutely GORGEOUS. I've already set the lunchbox for display, it's that awesome. ^_^

[quote name='Pend']I was wondering for those who opened their Neptunia V Limited Edition is the second tin lunchbox inside the first one?[/QUOTE]

Yes everything is inside the big tin.

Got mine today. I can't decide if I want to open it and look at it or keep it sealed.

Also got the Prinny Squad sticker too. Don't know what I'm going to do with it.

[quote name='whoknows']Got mine today. I can't decide if I want to open it and look at it or keep it sealed.

Also got the Prinny Squad sticker too. Don't know what I'm going to do with it.[/QUOTE]I'm in the same boat. It looks so cool...

I think I'll pick up a copy of Mk2 from a local GS later today, try that out to see if I like it, and decide what to do with the Victory LE then. It's not like it'll get less rare over time. :)

Oh I'm definitely going to keep it, I just don't know if I want to keep it sealed and pretty.

I guess I'll never see the cool stuff inside if I don't open it though.

Just open it and play it. Well, from what I've seen/played of Hyperdimension games, maybe keeping it sealed is the better alternative and you can save yourself the torture and mental anguish.

No, but if you are into those games, just play it. If it was some super special limited Final Fantasy title, I could see it. It's only some HDN game.

I opened mine without hesitation. Unless your planning on selling the thing down the line, or are super OCD about that sort of thing, I don't really see the point of keeping it sealed. Gonna put both of those Lunchboxes on my shelf after I get to my new place, along with all the other Collector/Limited edition stuff I have

My philosophy is: I buy the game to play it. If it became super duper rare, chances are I would just hold onto it anyway so I might as well open it and play it.

Two questions:
1. Did everyone get those clear plastic... sleeves that go outside of the large lunchbox? I kinda don't get what the point of that is.

2. Did anyone else receive a lunchbox with damage inside of the shrinkwrap? Mine has some paint chips and... a finger print. I'm not kidding, there's a finger print inside the shrinkwrap that looks like someone with chocolate on their fingers touched it. The shrinkwrap is perfect... I'm wondering how these two things happened.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vinny']Two questions:
2. Did anyone else receive a lunchbox with damage inside of the shrinkwrap? Mine has some paint chips and... a finger print. I'm not kidding, there's a finger print inside the shrinkwrap that looks like someone with chocolate on their fingers touched it. The shrinkwrap is perfect... I'm wondering how these two things happened.[/QUOTE]

You HOPE that's chocolate...

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Manufacturing defect or some factory worker picked their ass before they handled your box.[/QUOTE]

Oh god... now I don't wanna open it. It's probably everywhere. I'm gonna ask NISA what their warranty policy is regarding items damaged by poo.

In all seriousness, I guess SoL since the item is sold out.

I'd actually hope it was poop. You could probably sue for that and get something good out it. It's a biohazard. Lifetime supply of NISA games kinda like Kramer got a lifetime supply of cafe lattes.

Lol, I wonder how this epic tale shall end. I really just want to know whether its chocolate or not. I'd be more or less curious how the hell that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back