Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']He'll never know unless he scrapes some off and sends it to a lab.

Actually, there is one way to find out. Put those taste buds to work.[/QUOTE]
Oh god WHY??? >_< LOL these last few post have made my day. :D

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']He'll never know unless he scrapes some off and sends it to a lab.

Actually, there is one way to find out. Put those taste buds to work.[/QUOTE]

I actually just read a news article about something similar to this. It was a girl's birthday. Her friends got her a cake. She brought it home to share with her family and many of them got sick. They sent a sample to a lab and were told that the "chocolate" on the cake was actually poop.

I'll see if I can find the link again.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']So Capcom's announcement of the Dungeons and Dragons HD Collection being released in June kind of took the wind right out of Dragon's Crown's sails. I'll still get it because I have my Amazon price locked at $30, but the only reason I ordered it was because I assumed it was as close as we'd ever see to the D&D arcade games.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic news about the D&D collection, I had the import Saturn collection back in the day and it was glorious. Hoping they include with the HD version, the ability to turn off HD too for purists.

More arcade 2D sidescrolling beat em ups please!! C'mon down, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Punisher, Aliens vs Predator, and Avengers. :applause:

[quote name='whitereflection']I actually just read a news article about something similar to this. It was a girl's birthday. Her friends got her a cake. She brought it home to share with her family and many of them got sick. They sent a sample to a lab and were told that the "chocolate" on the cake was actually poop.

I'll see if I can find the link again.[/QUOTE]

I was curious, so I Googled.
http://www.dreamindemon.com/2011/12...smate-birthday-cake-frosted-with-human-feces/

[quote name='Vinny']Oh god... now I don't wanna open it. It's probably everywhere. I'm gonna ask NISA what their warranty policy is regarding items damaged by poo.

In all seriousness, I guess SoL since the item is sold out.[/QUOTE]
wow, shit out of luck is the perfect way to describe this :applause:

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I'd actually hope it was poop. You could probably sue for that and get something good out it. It's a biohazard. Lifetime supply of NISA games kinda like Kramer got a lifetime supply of cafe lattes.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wouldn't do that to a small company like NISA. I've got no beef with them.

I'm gonna fire off an email... after I figure out what to say in it.

[quote name='CAGMoose']I was curious, so I Googled.
http://www.dreamindemon.com/2011/12...smate-birthday-cake-frosted-with-human-feces/[/QUOTE]

while the girls that did this i think deserve jail time as well and not just probation and community service.....i have to ask how in the hell did the entire family not notice

1. the smell
2. the taste

feces has quite a distinct smell which i imagine means it has a distinct taste. this is made worse by the fact the girl had some at school too and still went home and said family heres some good cake!!!

i think the family needs to be locked up as well for just being stupid beyond comprehension.

So how about... umm... how about those... flowers. How about flowers guys?

They smell good and are not disgusting to read about and don't eternally ruin chocolate cake for me.

[quote name='destro4eva']Fantastic news about the D&D collection, I had the import Saturn collection back in the day and it was glorious. Hoping they include with the HD version, the ability to turn off HD too for purists.

More arcade 2D sidescrolling beat em ups please!! C'mon down, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Punisher, Aliens vs Predator, and Avengers. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I had it too, glad I sold it for a couple hundred while I still had the chance.

Also, don't forget Spider-Man on your list there.

this thread should be is discussion not deals as it gets buried often and rarely any deals

anyway Vinny should post a pic of this fingerprint and the questionable chocolate.

Any clue when Gaijin Designs, I mean Working Works... I mean, Gaijinworks is making Class of Heroes 2 pre-order available or did I totally miss that somewhere?

I also read a response Vic gave on twitter and said you only needed an Amazon account and could order it like that and didn't have to have Amazon Payments. (This was a few days ago and I can't remember where I saw it)

[quote name='outerfox']Any clue when Gaijin Designs, I mean Working Works... I mean, Gaijinworks is making Class of Heroes 2 pre-order available or did I totally miss that somewhere?

I also read a response Vic gave on twitter and said you only needed an Amazon account and could order it like that and didn't have to have Amazon Payments. (This was a few days ago and I can't remember where I saw it)[/QUOTE]
That is correct only need an amazon account and the pre-orders have not went up yet they are now working out issues with the opening song IIRC.

Yeah, they got hit with a last minute legal issue regarding the opening song for the game. They're hoping to have everything sorted out quickly as the game (digital version) was supposed to release this week.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']this thread should be is discussion not deals as it gets buried often and rarely any deals

anyway Vinny should post a pic of this fingerprint and the questionable chocolate.[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can capture but the glare from the plastic wrap makes it difficult.

[quote name='kayne2000']while the girls that did this i think deserve jail time as well and not just probation and community service.....i have to ask how in the hell did the entire family not notice

1. the smell
2. the taste

feces has quite a distinct smell which i imagine means it has a distinct taste. this is made worse by the fact the girl had some at school too and still went home and said family heres some good cake!!!

i think the family needs to be locked up as well for just being stupid beyond comprehension.[/QUOTE]

Everybody should watch the movie "The Help." The pie scene is hilarious.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh god... now I don't wanna open it. It's probably everywhere. I'm gonna ask NISA what their warranty policy is regarding items damaged by poo. [/QUOTE]

Heh. I've heard some detractors say that Neptunia is a shitty game.

Woo deal! TokiTowa is in my Amazon Quick Picks 5% off... I want to order direct from NISA but if they have no bonuses or CEs, I may just order this from Amazon and cancel if NISA does something special.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Did Jenny Stigile sue? =p[/QUOTE]

I remember when she did the opening song to Lunar Harmony of the Silver Star and Vic completely went ape over it saying she "broke rank when everyone else declined to return out of respect". I'll be honest, it didn't feel right for Ghaleon to not be voiced by John Truitt. :(

I wonder what NISA game I should get next. I was hoping to get Witch and the Hundred Knights but it seems that got put on the back burner for a bit. I guess I can finish Neptunia mk2 and try to finish Mugen Souls first, then worry about another title.

[quote name='apterous']Woo deal! TokiTowa is in my Amazon Quick Picks 5% off... I want to order direct from NISA but if they have no bonuses or CEs, I may just order this from Amazon and cancel if NISA does something special.[/QUOTE]

Based on every impression of it, it's a terrible game, so if NISA doesn't have a CE for it, you might wanna wait for it to hit $20-$30.

[quote name='Zarkon']Oh. Right. I get 10% off because I'm a Gamefly member :)[/QUOTE]

That would have made it more tempting for me, but $25+shipping brings it to $10 more than I want to spend on it.

I need to find it for $20 or less.

Managed to get a 'Like New' Radiant Historia for $35.82 Amazon Warehouse. Yay. :)
I wonder if it will go down anymore during this reprint?

I just ran across this and didn't see it posted anywhere. Muramasa Rebirth for vita is getting a Limited Edition similar to Persona 4 Golden and is up for preorder on Amazon for $59.99. The details of what it contains is not listed on amazon but play-asia shows the LE version has within it. Gamestop still only shows the regular version only. I know this is only a preorder but this could turn out to be like the Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition.

[quote name='magus23']I just ran across this and didn't see it posted anywhere. Muramasa Rebirth for vita is getting a Limited Edition similar to Persona 4 Golden and is up for preorder on Amazon for $59.99. The details of what it contains is not listed on amazon but play-asia shows the LE version has within it. Gamestop still only shows the regular version only. I know this is only a preorder but this could turn out to be like the Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition.[/QUOTE]

Hope its another Vita case or something. I love my Solid Gold Case/Hardshell, I use both of em and they are still pristine

[quote name='dgwillia006']Hope its another Vita case or something. I love my Solid Gold Case/Hardshell, I use both of em and they are still pristine[/QUOTE]It actually says what's in it right on the page:

"This exclusive edition comes with a custom-designed PS Vita face cover, PS Vita Skin featuring art from the game, a PS Vita drawstring pouch and a Muramasa lithograph drawn by George Kamitani, creator of Muramasa Rebirth."

...Worth the extra $20? :whistle2:k

[quote name='magus23']I just ran across this and didn't see it posted anywhere. Muramasa Rebirth for vita is getting a Limited Edition similar to Persona 4 Golden and is up for preorder on Amazon for $59.99. The details of what it contains is not listed on amazon but play-asia shows the LE version has within it. Gamestop still only shows the regular version only. I know this is only a preorder but this could turn out to be like the Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I had a couple of the regular "with pre-order bonus" versions pre-ordered on Amazon. Switching them over to the LE.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Based on every impression of it, it's a terrible game, so if NISA doesn't have a CE for it, you might wanna wait for it to hit $20-$30.[/QUOTE]

I'd only seen Kotaku's overwhelmingly positive slobbering (kotaku.com/tokitowa) and pretty decent Famitsu review scores of 9/8/8/7.

Only after you posted this did I look into more reviews, seeing them in the 6-7/10 range. It looks like it depends on whether the bad things (mostly repetitiveness and stereotypical characters) bother you more than you like the few cool unique things.

You're right, I might wait for $20-30 and I can probably live without. Thanks for making me give this a second look, though honestly I'm disappointed to see such bad reviews after only seeing positive hype :/

I got the first Devil Summoner reprint from Play Canada and it looks like the original, foil cover and all. Definitely worth it to fill out a collection.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I know people hate Play Canada here, but they have Devil Summoner 2 reprints in stock at Amazon for those that were interested. They were selling the first Devil Summoner ones a few weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QTW2GY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A12WJ3MV8MQUKV

I don't know how these people are the only ones getting these reprints in stock and major retailers aren't getting them, but whatever. At least they are charging MSRP and not overinflated prices.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not give them any business. I'll personally be waiting for Shark Distributors or another Prime eligible vendor to put them up.

The plush bundle for DS2 is probably the only game on PS2 I ever regret not picking up.

Nice to see I'll be able to fully complete my SMT collection with this reprint now ^^

Gonna wait for another vendor to have it up, like you guys did.

I ordered the plushie DS2 version off ebay a week or so ago and while it came in great condition, it just REEKS of cologne or perfume or something.

They said no returns, but I'd actually rather it be dinged up than this. It's funkifying the entire room.

I might have to resell it unless anyone here has any tips on how to get the smell out. I can't exactly clean it.

What a bummer dude. Is it just the plushie itself that reeks or is it the whole thing? Maybe you could gently handwash the plushie in some kind of gentle laundry detergent? Or just let it air out over time?

Or maybe try putting it in an airtight container with an opened box of baking soda?

No, the whole box does. I didn't even open it. I doubt they spilled anything on it, because it is clean, but it smells like it sat in the perfume section of a mall for like 5 years.

I'm airing it out for a day or so. If it doesn't change, I'm going to sell it and try to break even. Then buy another.

[quote name='skoomadiver']Or maybe try putting it in an airtight container with an opened box of baking soda?[/QUOTE]
I'll second this. Or even a very short trip in the dryer with a dryer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back