Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']I should probably pick up Graces F before it disappears now that Xillia seems to be pushing it out. Is Amazon the best price for it?[/QUOTE]

It's $35 on PSN for the standard edition and $55 for the Knight Edition which includes 13 DLCs but mostly costumes. It's a good game. Pick it up when you can.

CE looks good, hope the figure is nice... anything less than quality similar to those sega prize figures is not display worthy but realistic, for the price, not expecting much... atleast it looks bigger/nicer than a gashapon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blaster man']Then why do people want the Euro version?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand your question. Europeans want it for the same reasons we do? lol

We'll have to see what retailers have it before we can really form a proper opinion on that. Given that it probably won't be in too many stores, though--you aren't going to see this thing sitting in Best Buys and Walmart--I'm sure it will be at least uncommon.

[quote name='ck76']Better as in materials, or better as in looks cooler?

I am very tempted on this CE, cursed JRPGs casting their spell on me... :)[/QUOTE]

Both, the first case empirically so since the CE figure is basically a prize item. The second case is in terms of opinion, but I would assume that many people would want the scaled 1/8 figure Milla figure over a non-scaled version (and because she is more dynamic looking in the former case)

That amiami link (my preferred store to buy Anime figures woot) it's made by Alter. They're pretty amazing. I almost got it myself....I mainly want the artbook from that edition....may just get the regular esp since you will have to deal with Digital River...and we all know how fun that is!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is there any reason to not think the Xillia CE is going to be stupid-rare?[/QUOTE]

It said limited to 10,000 on the EU site. Not sure if it counts the NA ones though...

[quote name='domon']I'm actually pretty stoked for Soul Hackers. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Just preordered it myself (If you call ordering it this close to release preordering haha)

But went through some of the games coming out later in the year, and realized the stretch from 6/14 to 6/25 is going to be absolutely BRUTAL on my wallet haha.

The Last of Us
Rune Factory 4
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Project X Zone
Murumasa Rebirth

Anxious and sad at the same time :roll:

[quote name='3GSid']Just preordered it myself (If you call ordering it this close to release preordering haha)

But went through some of the games coming out later in the year, and realized the stretch from 6/14 to 6/25 is going to be absolutely BRUTAL on my wallet haha.

The Last of Us
Rune Factory 4
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Project X Zone
Murumasa Rebirth

Anxious and sad at the same time :roll:[/QUOTE]

At least 4 of them are handheld. Though SMT4 is $50, not $40.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Looking forward to Black Rock Shooter on the PSP at the end of the month, even if it is download-only.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'll be dl only, if theres physical copies then awesome. But I'm hoping the price is low ($20?). I'm about to buy Totori+. I'd wait to hear for any news for physical copy but don't want to take that risk when swim suit dlc bonus offer is almost gone.

[quote name='domon']I'm actually pretty stoked for Soul Hackers. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, Soul Hackers! I've been jamming out to the songs from all the different soundtracks and now we're on the 3rd or so version of the title theme with this release. XD

Now if only they'd release the 1st one so I can beat up Sid Davis. That or I learn Japanese in my lifetime.

[quote name='Rudybegga']Got a PSP copy of Mana Khemia at Gamestop for 4.50 with my 10% off rewards card....don't know if that's been posted yet[/QUOTE]
This is a very messy port of the PS2 version.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Looks like Project X Zone is getting the Atlus treatment for launch copies.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/12/project-x-zone-launch-copies-come-with-extra-stuff/

Awesome news :D.[/QUOTE]

Good lord.

I really, really, really hope that the Newegg/BB/other store copies get this treatment, too, and that this isn't what the whole "only at Amazon & Gamestop" thing on Namco's site is about. Otherwise this might be enough to force me to go to my GS again, even though the employees there suuuuuck...

Gamestop.com uploaded an image displaying all of the "LE" contents for Project X Zone:

170684_LELG.jpg

I have zero regrets about preordering it yesterday. :drool:

[quote name='Vigilante']Gamestop.com uploaded an image displaying all of the "LE" contents for Project X Zone:

170684_LELG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those are some great extras for a limited first printing. I can see this being valuable, especially with all the characters.

[quote name='Vigilante']Gamestop.com uploaded an image displaying all of the "LE" contents for Project X Zone:

170684_LELG.jpg

I have zero regrets about preordering it yesterday. :drool:[/QUOTE]

:shock: :hot:

Please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!! :pray:

Question: Is there even a remote possibility of Atlus releasing a port/update/revamp/whatever of the Digital Devil Saga games on Vita? I'm looking at a ~$15 copy of the first, but based on the mega-awesomeness that is P4G, if the DDS games become portable, I'd rather play them in that format rather than on my :ps2:.

[quote name='abbabaab']:shock: :hot:

Please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!! :pray:[/QUOTE]

buying from gamestop wont kill you.

[quote name='abbabaab']:shock: :hot:

Please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive please don't let this be Gamestop exclusive PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!! :pray:[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way I have amazon credit + no tax there (until september).

[quote name='Green Card200']I feel the same way I have amazon credit + no tax there (until september).[/QUOTE]While I have enough Amazon credit to cover this, as well, I'm not too confident in its packaging ability, so I'm not averse to preordering at GS.

I'll probably put a preorder in for it at gamestop, unless best buy or newegg have it up later on.

Simply there because 2 day shipping because of Silver at Best Buy, and no tax and free shipping at newegg :D

This may be the first game I buy at release since VLR. I paid MSRP for SCII Hots but I got that only recently. I try to limit it but I think this will be worth it.

[quote name='62t']buying from gamestop wont kill you.[/QUOTE]

My last visit there was so bad that, as a deterrent, I decided to take a pill with a nanite payload designed to make my chest explode should I step foot in a GS store, or receive a package with their logo on it, ever again. So yes, in fact, it would.

DIDN'T EXPECT THAT RESPONSE, DID YA?

Ya, but seriously, for me ordering from GS.com comes with no guarantees of getting it undamaged (or at all, but that's less their problem and more UPS'), and getting it from a store isn't an option since, on top of the usual problem employee stuff, my store's openly anti-semitic, so yeah. Here's hoping BB copies get this treatment, too, since I have some credit there and haven't had anywhere near the same kind of problems with them.

From what I have been reading it seems like this is just a bonus for the launch copies not so much an edition limited to Gamestop. It looks like how Etrian Odyssey 4 (and plenty of other games) came with the artbook and CD regardless of where you purchased. I have had my copy of PxZ payed off at Amazon for a while now so hopefully they will update the site soon with this information as well.

[quote name='abbabaab']My last visit there was so bad that, as a deterrent, I decided to take a pill with a nanite payload designed to make my chest explode should I step foot in a GS store, or receive a package with their logo on it, ever again. So yes, in fact, it would.

DIDN'T EXPECT THAT RESPONSE, DID YA?

Ya, but seriously, for me ordering from GS.com comes with no guarantees of getting it undamaged (or at all, but that's less their problem and more UPS'), and getting it from a store isn't an option since, on top of the usual problem employee stuff, my store's openly anti-semitic, so yeah. Here's hoping BB copies get this treatment, too, since I have some credit there and haven't had anywhere near the same kind of problems with them.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure a whole store can't be against jews, but if you really are having problems with that then why have you not contacted corporate about it?

I did. It didn't do anything. Either corporate doesn't care or the manager is too biased to do anything about it.

And this is getting off-topic, so let's cut this off here before this goes too far into bashland. I'll just be watching and waiting for confirmation that this LE is for everywhere, and Namco only listing Amazon & Gamestop is only because they're being slow.

Gamestop shipping is better than amazon. I got all my LE in a box instead of bubble mailer that amazon use. Plus if there is a problem I can just exchange it at local store.

[quote name='62t']Gamestop shipping is better than amazon. I got all my LE in a box instead of bubble mailer that amazon use. Plus if there is a problem I can just exchange it at local store.[/QUOTE]

After getting a crushed Skyward Sword w/ wiimote box from Amazon (they shipped it in a bubble mailer envelope!), I'm going to have to agree. For LEs, I go to GameStop now.

[quote name='62t']Gamestop shipping is better than amazon. I got all my LE in a box instead of bubble mailer that amazon use. Plus if there is a problem I can just exchange it at local store.[/QUOTE]

This is true me as well. Amazon ships all of the smaller CEs (like the Xseed stuff) in bubble mailers, or those equally bad cardboard wraps. The only time they use boxes is if the CE is large and doesn't fit in a bubble mailer. Gamestop ships hard cased games in bubble mailers but CE's in boxes, which is how it should be.

I haven't had a shipping issues with GS in ages but with Amazon nearly every CE and artbook I've received over the last 1-2 has been damaged.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I doubt this thing will fit into a bubble mailer. Amazon will probably use boxes if they get them.[/QUOTE]

You vastly underestimate things. I've had larger items shipped to me in bubble mailers from both Amazon and Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back