Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured mentioning it was enough to get interested parties to google it. Thank you for your hard work Jimmy. I was ready to sell off my gamecube, so I was really hoping that this was real lol

[quote name='wasabi5858']there are no good gundam game...[/QUOTE]

You're joking right??? Gundam, Macross, ACE and Super Robot Wars games keep me occupied on the portables. I love Gundam games!

[quote name='barrit']Thanks for the info! I really really hope Meruru+ has a physical release here.

I was pretty bummed with the digital-only release of Totori+.[/QUOTE]

I would bet money on a digital-only release of Meruru.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I would bet money on a digital-only release of Meruru.[/QUOTE]

Press release we received from Koei Tecmo confirms a Vita release:

ATELIER MERURU PLUS: THE APPRENTICE OF ARLAND
[PlayStation® Vita / September 3, 2013]
ATELIER MERURU PLUS: THE APPRENTICE OF ARLAND is the next installment in the popular series from famed developer GUST. ATELIER MERURU PLUS adds new elements of land development to the RPG and simulation game system, providing additional depth and gameplay in this anime-style adventure. In addition, extra content and features are packed in including new costumes, new endings, and all the DLC from the PS3™ version. Fans will have an opportunity to see what unfolds in this third and final game in the Arland series.

TOUKIDEN
[PlayStation® Vita / Q4 2013]
TOUKIDEN takes Tecmo Koei’s expertise in historically themed games to an expansive fantasy world influenced by historical and traditional Japanese elements. Developed by the same studio that created the famed Dynasty Warriors series, this all-new franchise casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle monstrous and deadly Oni (demons) before they destroy all of humanity.

Wish those Arland Vita ports would come to consoles too. or at least make DLC so we can get the new endings. Oh well, will probably youtube them since I don't have a Vita.

[quote name='kndy']You're joking right??? Gundam, Macross, ACE and Super Robot Wars games keep me occupied on the portables. I love Gundam games![/QUOTE]

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
While I may be too strong in the original statement, Gundam games has been nothing but disappointment to me that I pretty much gave up and haven't buy some of the updated ones. To me, they are just good enough to give me hope, but ultimately will disappoint me again. Tho, I will probably preorder Gundam Breaker soon... trying to resist... but gunpla in a game... sigh.

Here are some of my games (gundam/macross/ace) on ps3/psp (not including the dynasty gundam).

IMAG0378.jpg

What are the good Gundam games set in the UC timeline? The ones I enjoyed so far are Gundam Side Story on Dreamcast - it's my favorite - the one on PSP which I don't remember the name, and Gundam Crossfire on PS3. I'm talking about the slower, strategic ones and not arcade-y.

[quote name='whitereflection']What are the good Gundam games set in the UC timeline? The ones I enjoyed so far are Gundam Side Story on Dreamcast - it's my favorite - the one on PSP which I don't remember the name, and Gundam Crossfire on PS3. I'm talking about the slower, strategic ones and not arcade-y.[/QUOTE]

You really need to play Zeonic Front. It was too convoluted, but once you get how to play it, it's really damn good.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
While I may be too strong in the original statement, Gundam games has been nothing but disappointment to me that I pretty much gave up and haven't buy some of the updated ones. To me, they are just good enough to give me hope, but ultimately will disappoint me again. Tho, I will probably preorder Gundam Breaker soon... trying to resist... but gunpla in a game... sigh.
[/QUOTE]

Looking at the games that you have, did you enjoy "Gundam Battle Universe"? If so, you definitely wanted to try "Macross Ultimate Frontier" (I have yet to try "Triangle Frontier"...waiting for another drop for that game). For "Gundam Vs.", try "Mobile Suit Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus". But depends what you are looking for in a game...

For those that mentioned "Side Story", for the Dreamcast, the game was very cool and one of the few Gundam games you can find pretty cheap online. But the Saturn version with all three games was what I wanted back then.

[quote name='bruceg']Nice collection!! I hope they localize Hastune Miku so I don't have to buy an import copy. Or maybe I can learn basic Japanese instead, but that will take too much time. Though I do know that Wasabi is that green stuff that they serve at the Japanese restaurant that I always pass on :)[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the PS3 version but if it's like the PSP games, it's not that hard to figure out since it's a music rhythm game.

[quote name='bruceg']Nice collection!! I hope they localize Hastune Miku so I don't have to buy an import copy. Or maybe I can learn basic Japanese instead, but that will take too much time. Though I do know that Wasabi is that green stuff that they serve at the Japanese restaurant that I always pass on :)[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the PS3 version but if it's like the PSP games, it's not that hard to figure out since it's a music rhythm game.

[quote name='Vigilante']Good points all around. It really is looking like portable gaming will be a more reliable outlet for quality Japanese titles in the future, at least for now.

FYI, Bravely Default is already confirmed for release next year, as seen here. I know I'm excited. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Sigh.. I hate playing RPGs on handheld devices. Mostly because when I'm away from my house, I'm not gaming. I'm doing things. Driving. Talking. Shopping.

And then I get to go home and use the small screens to play all these games. Its a waste of my entertainment system.

[quote name='Booj']Sigh.. I hate playing RPGs on handheld devices. Mostly because when I'm away from my house, I'm not gaming. I'm doing things. Driving. Talking. Shopping.

And then I get to go home and use the small screens to play all these games. Its a waste of my entertainment system.[/QUOTE]
Gget a pspGo/cradle and have it output to your display. The Go can sync to a dualshock 3 via bluetooth.

[quote name='shivan128']Gget a pspGo/cradle and have it output to your display. The Go can sync to a dualshock 3 via bluetooth.[/QUOTE]

that seems like a lot of work for not a lot of graphics...

[quote name='shivan128']Gget a pspGo/cradle and have it output to your display. The Go can sync to a dualshock 3 via bluetooth.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that they add something like this to the Vita in the future.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I really hope that they add something like this to the Vita in the future.[/QUOTE]

That's honestly what I'm (and I imagine, many people are) waiting for. The Vita only has a handful of titles I want but being able to play it on a big screen would be a huge plus, since I rarely have needs for a portable gaming system.

But it will probably be a while until that happens, as they'll be busy pushing the PS4 this year. I think it took Sony 2-3 years to implement it on the PSP, right?

I'm wondering if they can't do something like a reverse remote play via the PS4 (PS3 probably can't do it for some reason or another).

I actually play most RPGs on my handheld. It's good for when the TV is in use by someone else or you want something a bit slower paced. Action/platformers are more for my :ps3:

when I've tried playing an RPG on the :ps3: it just felt 'off'.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I really hope that they add something like this to the Vita in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yup. HDMI Out would be a godsend. They already have a patent out on it too, so I could see this being announced at E3.

Also I have a Go with a cradle and component, and it's better than playing on the small ass screen, but Vita with HDMI would be 100 percent better

As long as they use the mystery port on the top I'd be fine. Announcing a new model with HDMI support when the current one's sale are already low would be suicide.

Check the technical specs on the Vita's board to see if TV out functionality is built in (and has the circuits connected) in order to determine if a tv out cable is even possible.

I have this set up with component cables and it is definitely was worth it.

[quote name='Vinny']That's honestly what I'm (and I imagine, many people are) waiting for. The Vita only has a handful of titles I want but being able to play it on a big screen would be a huge plus, since I rarely have needs for a portable gaming system.

But it will probably be a while until that happens, as they'll be busy pushing the PS4 this year. I think it took Sony 2-3 years to implement it on the PSP, right?

I'm wondering if they can't do something like a reverse remote play via the PS4 (PS3 probably can't do it for some reason or another).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Yup. HDMI Out would be a godsend. They already have a patent out on it too, so I could see this being announced at E3.

Also I have a Go with a cradle and component, and it's better than playing on the small ass screen, but Vita with HDMI would be 100 percent better[/QUOTE]

I would definitely consider a Vita with HDMI output. Throw in Dual Shock 3 support for PS1/PSP/PS Minis and I'd jump on the Wi-Fi model.

Throw in Dual Shock 4 support for some Vita games just to keep the system current.

TheKbob said:
I figure this forum is the closest thing I can use that I know of to find information on this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-xk-49-en-70-377v.html

(Yea, Korean and not really a deal...)

Does anyone know where I can order this and/or find it cheaper? I no longer have a PSP, but really miss the DJ Max stuff. Would love to get it for PC, but can't find it. Any thoughts or knowledge?

Thank you!
If you're looking for a new copy, Play-Asia restocking is really your best bet, with eBay as the next best alternative to importing straight from Korea through a deputy service. It's also worth noting that the software with extras bundle pack is still in-stock and priced at $49.90 for the moment.

If you don't mind used, there was someone selling just the install disc and USB key on Bemanistyle for $35, but it may not still be available. Another possibility is a ¥3500 listing onAmazon Japan's marketplace which, using dv8cag's purchasing service and depending on the cost of shipping to your location, may be roughly even with the cost of ordering from Play-Asia.

One thing to keep in mind if you are going to purchase used is that while the play data stored on the USB key can be erased, the name used for network play cannot (at least, to my knowledge).

DJMAX Trilogy has maintained its value over the years, unfortunately, so that's the best I can think of at the moment - hope it is of some use!

EDIT: Correction to bundle pack description.

[quote name='Vinny']That's honestly what I'm (and I imagine, many people are) waiting for. The Vita only has a handful of titles I want but being able to play it on a big screen would be a huge plus, since I rarely have needs for a portable gaming system.

I'm wondering if they can't do something like a reverse remote play via the PS4 (PS3 probably can't do it for some reason or another).[/QUOTE]

It took until the release of psp-2000 for tv output to be supported, so it was approximately 3 years. That supposed patent for new connectors for the Vita was filed last year, but I agree that it may take a while before we see a hdmi enabled version.

[quote name='lutz']Bad news guys, but Tales of Symphonia Perfect Edition is not real. The creator was misquoted in Spain.[/QUOTE]

Aww man... that is a bummer. Well... it still exists in my dreams.
(Just catching up on this thread...)

Namco Bandai has announced that all first-run copies of Tales of Xillia in the US and Canada will be Limited Editions with a character profile booklet, music CD and two DLC costumes :)

[quote name='Zbornak']Namco Bandai has announced that all first-run copies of Tales of Xillia in the US and Canada will be Limited Editions with a character profile booklet, music CD and two DLC costumes :)[/QUOTE]

While I'm glad, it pisses me off they couldn't have announced this last week. Just canceled my gold box version on Friday figuring there wasn't any point in keeping it since I got a hold of a CE pre-order.

[quote name='TheKbob']I figure this forum is the closest thing I can use that I know of to find information on this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-xk-49-en-70-377v.html

(Yea, Korean and not really a deal...)

Does anyone know where I can order this and/or find it cheaper? I no longer have a PSP, but really miss the DJ Max stuff. Would love to get it for PC, but can't find it. Any thoughts or knowledge?

Thank you![/QUOTE]
I don't know about any other place that may sell it cheaper, but I do have the game. If it helps, there is an English patch available if you don't want to play it in Korean.

[quote name='GDB']While I'm glad, it pisses me off they couldn't have announced this last week. Just canceled my gold box version on Friday figuring there wasn't any point in keeping it since I got a hold of a CE pre-order.[/QUOTE]
Wait....ALL first print runs.....won't we CE buyers still get these bonuses?

[quote name='Zbornak']Namco Bandai has announced that all first-run copies of Tales of Xillia in the US and Canada will be Limited Editions with a character profile booklet, music CD and two DLC costumes :)[/QUOTE]

Oh good, I was thinking about cancelling my non-collector's edition of this from Gamestop. I guess I'll stay with it.

[quote name='barrit']It doesn't sound like we'll get the costumes.

From the Silliconera link http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/30/tales-of-xillia-limited-edition-announced-for-u-s/[/QUOTE]

Wow... what a dick move. But I guess that's one way of increasing sales.:whistle2:?

I really hope Namco gives the upgrades to the CEs too but I sincerely doubt they will. Otherwise, besides the DLC, the CE is only getting a music "selections" CD while the regular version gets a music CD, and we're not getting the profiles book though that might be covered by the artbook.

Wow. Thats a shady ass move, I already have 2 CEs coming, im not getting stuck with 3 damn copies just for dlc.

Guess either mooching dlc from a friend or cancelling an order

Seriously I just checked, for that damn price I can just cancel a CE and buy the figure myself. What a dumbass move

I'm going to pick up a LE version or two. They are going to be worth a pretty penny if you let it marinate in your collection for several months. Trust me. Check ebay for The Last Story LE. Prices soared on those. I refuse to buy DLC on ebay, so depending on how much I want the costumes I may keep one LE to play and then keep the CE sealed or whatever. I'll figure it out all, I got a few months.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I'm going to pick up a LE version or two. They are going to be worth a pretty penny if you let it marinate in your collection for several months. Trust me. Check ebay for The Last Story LE. Prices soared on those. I refuse to buy DLC on ebay, so depending on how much I want the costumes I may keep one LE to play and then keep the CE sealed or whatever. I'll figure it out all, I got a few months.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? Last Story LE sealed new goes for about $65 on Ebay. MSRP was $50. That means with Ebay and Paypal fees, you would make maybe $9 assuming you didn't pay tax initially. Times must be tough if $9 is a pretty penny to you.

Actually, looking at completed listings, the $65 ones aren't even selling. Most are selling at a couple of bucks above MSRP which means the sellers are actually losing money on the deal.

That is fucking bullshit. Straaaaaaaaight up. *grumble*

I was all fuckin' set with my collector's edition, now they gotta go and do this shit and I'm all like, "well I want that shit too." and now I'm all mad. *grumble*grumble*grumble*

Seriously, though. fuck.

Maybe they went back down. There was a run where a ton of them sold for $89.99 to $99.99.

I remember one seller had like 30 of them and sold them all for $89.99 or more.

Finding it hard to believe they wouldn't at least include the pre-order DLC costumes with the CE of Xillia. Character profiles/music looks like less than what CE gets, but to exclude DLC and not add it to CE when they are adding it to Normal for free is upsetting.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Finding it hard to believe they wouldn't at least include the pre-order DLC costumes with the CE of Xillia. Character profiles/music looks like less than what CE gets, but to exclude DLC and not add it to CE when they are adding it to Normal for free is upsetting.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that... the pictures for the artbook looks identical in both. And for the CE, they call it a "music selections CD" while the Day 1 edition gets a "music CD".

Maybe they'll update the CE to include those. I doubt they've been produced yet.

I will say this: the UK version of the CE is getting DLC. I always assumed the NA one would too.

it is odd their doing this Thu, they complain tales games sell are low an the game too niche too translate too make a profit.

fans plead, beg, fight, too show them otherwise. fine will bring new tales game over with 5 different version ! each with exclusive dlc or merchandise :applause:

don't worry if you miss out all dlc will be available for $5 each

[quote name='Zaku77']You really need to play Zeonic Front. It was too convoluted, but once you get how to play it, it's really damn good.[/QUOTE]

I second this. It's pretty close to side story's style of gameplay.

[quote name='Vinny']I dunno about that... the pictures for the artbook looks identical in both. And for the CE, they call it a "music selections CD" while the Day 1 edition gets a "music CD".[/QUOTE]

Actually, there's an update on that link. The "artbook" for the limited edition is different the collector's edition as it's a character profile booklet. In fact, all the extras are different, even the damn music CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back