Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All retailers, so yes.

Question: anyone think it is risky to pre-order the SE/LE at Gamestop if you already have the CE pre-ordered? I know it's probably just paranoia, but I have a gut feeling they'll mistake one for the other and I won't get my CE or something.

[quote name='bojay1997']Are you sure about that? Last Story LE sealed new goes for about $65 on Ebay. MSRP was $50. That means with Ebay and Paypal fees, you would make maybe $9 assuming you didn't pay tax initially. Times must be tough if $9 is a pretty penny to you.

Actually, looking at completed listings, the $65 ones aren't even selling. Most are selling at a couple of bucks above MSRP which means the sellers are actually losing money on the deal.[/QUOTE]

Not if they were initiially acquired last year when Amazon sold them for $8 for a very short time, though most probably didn't get in on the deal. I was very fortunate that I was able to secure two

Apparently the Tales of Symphonia "Unisonant Pack" was just confirmed. HD remake of Symphonia and its remake, along with extra's (New artes/cutscenes, outfits from Tales of the Abyss)

Looks like the Japanese release is October 10th

onGeaf0.png

[quote name='dgwillia006']Apparently the Tales of Symphonia "Unisonant Pack" was just confirmed. HD remake of Symphonia and its remake, along with extra's (New artes/cutscenes, outfits from Tales of the Abyss)

onGeaf0.png
[/QUOTE]

Wait... so it IS real? I am so confused... and happy. But mostly confused.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Apparently the Tales of Symphonia "Unisonant Pack" was just confirmed. HD remake of Symphonia and its remake, along with extra's (New artes/cutscenes, outfits from Tales of the Abyss)

onGeaf0.png
[/QUOTE]

so what is this exactly???

onGeaf0.png
[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I own Symphonia:Dawn for GC, but I've never played it. Working on Tales of Graces f right now -- the first Tales game I've ever played -- and now I can't wait to play others. The fact that I'll now be able to do this in HD with trophies is awesome. Take my money Namco. Take it.

This time it's real guys. This announcement was from the Tales of Festival which just happen. So Baba was correct that Perfect Edition wasn't happening, but this was the same thing lol. The best news is that it's coming to the Americas and I can get rid of my gamecube now (since Windwaker and Symphonia was the only real reason to hang on to one). As for my source:

http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-festival-2013-day-1--2239.html

[quote name='lutz']This time it's real guys. This announcement was from the Tales of Festival which just happen. So Baba was correct that Perfect Edition wasn't happening, but this was the same thing lol. The best news is that it's coming to the Americas and I can get rid of my gamecube now (since Windwaker and Symphonia was the only real reason to hang on to one). As for my source:

http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-festival-2013-day-1--2239.html[/QUOTE]
Well, that made my day, but I'll still hold on to my original GC. Will one day get a component cable for it, LOL.

[quote name='shivan128']Well, that made my day, but I'll still hold on to my original GC. Will one day get a component cable for it, LOL.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, just play it on the Wii. It plays it in 480p just fine. For the price of gamecube component cables, you can have another wii with tales. It's not like it's emulation or something, as the insides of the Wii are of the same family as Gamecube...

Well shit. I was pretty excited about the rumor but bummed when it was dismissed. And now I'm excited again!:D

[quote name='lutz']Seriously, just play it on the Wii. It plays it in 480p just fine. For the price of gamecube component cables, you can have another wii with tales. It's not like it's emulation or something, as the insides of the Wii are of the same family as Gamecube...[/QUOTE]

Or play it on Dolphin Emulator. It's not a very demanding game and is easily emulated at HD resolutions if you have a decent enough processor.

Well, I just started Symphonia for the first time. I'm barely into the game (the fire ruins), and now I have to decide whether to continue playing or wait for the HD release.

[quote name='bojay1997']Are you sure about that? Last Story LE sealed new goes for about $65 on Ebay. MSRP was $50. That means with Ebay and Paypal fees, you would make maybe $9 assuming you didn't pay tax initially. Times must be tough if $9 is a pretty penny to you.

Actually, looking at completed listings, the $65 ones aren't even selling. Most are selling at a couple of bucks above MSRP which means the sellers are actually losing money on the deal.[/QUOTE]

You could buy them for $40 for a long time. So they would be making $19

Tales of Symphonia will probably be a rare title in the states considering the fact the console gen is nearing its end of life... Hmm... Gonna need to secure a copy ASAP.

[quote name='lutz']Seriously, just play it on the Wii. It plays it in 480p just fine. For the price of gamecube component cables, you can have another wii with tales. It's not like it's emulation or something, as the insides of the Wii are of the same family as Gamecube...[/QUOTE]
It would be a shame to ditch the console as I have a bunch of other retros together in a room to play it in. The wii will slowly make it's way to the retro room, but for now it will stay upstairs for the guests. I still want those component cables cuz I like to collect/horde items of rarer nature.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']The Japanese have a special edition that comes with a novel and 5 figurines.[/QUOTE]It's called the "Lalabit Market LE" and it comes with everything you mentioned plus a box drawn by Ufotable.

lalabit.jpg

And it has been confirmed that this game IS coming to the west. It will be called Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and will have a 2014 release date for EU and NA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgMBLBLzJXo

[quote name='dgwillia006']Too bad for the U.S release you'll likely get 4 figures with the standard, and the other with the LE (Sarcasm)[/QUOTE]

tumblr_m6tac8haeM1r3gs9qo1_500.gif

I can't believe this is actually coming out. I loved DotNW, regardless of its competency, and Symphonia was actually my first real foray into Tales.

And to the guy who said the LE would have the last figurine....okay, you made me laugh. I hope Namco makes an artbook this time though.

Another pic of the Lalabit Market LE w/ the box included this time:

TOS0430.jpg

A more detailed description from Siliconera about what all comes in the LE:

The 9,980 yen ($99) package includes the PlayStation 3 game, five figurines, a Tales of Symphonia light novel, the first print 10th Anniversary Greeting card with a message from the artists plus a PS3 custom theme, and a box designed by Ufotable.

[quote name='lutz']This time it's real guys. This announcement was from the Tales of Festival which just happen. So Baba was correct that Perfect Edition wasn't happening, but this was the same thing lol. The best news is that it's coming to the Americas and I can get rid of my gamecube now (since Windwaker and Symphonia was the only real reason to hang on to one). As for my source:

http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-festival-2013-day-1--2239.html[/QUOTE]

So...you have a Dreamcast for Skies of Arcadia then I hope? :lol: I'll add PSOI&II and Fire Emblem because I spent so many hours with 'em.

This Tales news makes me happy. I liked Symphonia a lot, probably still my favorite over Abyss even though I adored the Graces f battle system.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']So...you have a Dreamcast for Skies of Arcadia then I hope? :lol: I'll add PSOI&II and Fire Emblem because I spent so many hours with 'em.

This Tales news makes me happy. I liked Symphonia a lot, probably still my favorite over Abyss even though I adored the Graces f battle system.[/QUOTE]

skies is a terrible game. the random battles completely kill that game nothing more fun than flying around and running into a random battle only for the enemy to run away and thus there was no fight now repeat this happening every 3 seconds. the airship battles were cool though.

[quote name='kayne2000']skies is a terrible game. the random battles completely kill that game nothing more fun than flying around and running into a random battle only for the enemy to run away and thus there was no fight now repeat this happening every 3 seconds. the airship battles were cool though.[/QUOTE]BLASPHEMY! :twoguns: Skies of Arcadia Legends is among my top 5 games of all time!

...To each his own, I suppose. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Vigilante']BLASPHEMY! :twoguns: Skies of Arcadia Legends is among my top 5 games of all time!

...To each his own, I suppose. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

indeed. i bought it just because people said it was so great but it was underwhelming and yea the random battles(really had this been fixed i would probably say eh average game. not great not bad instead of hating on it). hell the battle system itself was average. the story probably kept me going so i want to say the story was good enough but i cant remember lol i played it 10 years ago.

I'm totally relying on baseless rumors for that Skies of Arcadia HD. But if Sega doesn't put their act together, maybe I spoke too soon. SoA would be the third for me, and I'm ashamed that I forgot about it lol

[quote name='lutz']I'm totally relying on baseless rumors for that Skies of Arcadia HD. But if Sega doesn't put their act together, maybe I spoke too soon. SoA would be the third for me, and I'm ashamed that I forgot about it lol[/QUOTE]

If it's released, that would be nice, but there is always Dolphin if it isn't.

While I'd prefer an announcement for Xillia 2 in the U.S., it'll be nice to play Symphonia again, though I could just play my Cube version in 1080p on PC.

[quote name='bshirk']While I'd prefer an announcement for Xillia 2 in the U.S., it'll be nice to play Symphonia again, though I could just play my Cube version in 1080p on PC.[/QUOTE]

Although dolphin is nice, playing the original in 1080p won't change the fact the textures are blurry. Another important thing is that the skits will be voiced this time around, and translation will be a little more accurate since it doesn't have to pass through nintendo of america censorship (though I can't remember any specific incidents). And finally, we'll get the additional content the PS2 version of the game had, which never came over here.

[quote name='kayne2000']indeed. i bought it just because people said it was so great but it was underwhelming and yea the random battles(really had this been fixed i would probably say eh average game. not great not bad instead of hating on it). hell the battle system itself was average. the story probably kept me going so i want to say the story was good enough but i cant remember lol i played it 10 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, did you play the Dreamcast or GC version? One of the advertised fixes in the GC version was that they fixed the rate of battles (though there's some dispute over the extent to which they did it) but it was still pretty frequent at times.

But I'm the "I loved Skies" camp. It was a fantastic game...

[quote name='lutz']Although dolphin is nice, playing the original in 1080p won't change the fact the textures are blurry. Another important thing is that the skits will be voiced this time around, and translation will be a little more accurate since it doesn't have to pass through nintendo of america censorship (though I can't remember any specific incidents). And finally, we'll get the additional content the PS2 version of the game had, which never came over here.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Skies doesn't emulate well unless you have a really good processor with a high frequency. My i7 2670QM, which can handle pretty much everything else I throw at it (GC or Wii), can't handle Skies without audio issues and serious frame drops.

I'd love to see a true HD release of Skies but it'll never happen. It would be too much work to re-do all the textures in the game (same reason we won't see PS1 HDs).

So is the Tales of Symphonia HD thing going to include the Wii version?

Or is it just strictly the GCN game?

Haven't played the Wii version but I will defiantly be buying this at launch.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So is the Tales of Symphonia HD thing going to include the Wii version?

Or is it just strictly the GCN game?

Haven't played the Wii version but I will defiantly be buying this at launch.[/QUOTE]There is no "Wii version" of the original Tales of Symphonia--the Wii game in question is its sequel, Dawn of the New World, which was released just on that console.

The collection will include the :ps3: version of the original Tales of Symphonia, which the US has never seen until now and which includes several upgrades from the :gc: version (I don't know exactly what those upgrades are, however), as well as some additional bonuses including Tales of the Abyss-themed costumes.

[quote name='Vigilante']There is no "Wii version" of the original Tales of Symphonia--the Wii game in question is its sequel, Dawn of the New World, which was released just on that console.

The collection will include the :ps3: version of the original Tales of Symphonia, which the US has never seen until now and which includes several upgrades from the :gc: version (I don't know exactly what those upgrades are, however), as well as some additional bonuses including Tales of the Abyss-themed costumes.[/QUOTE]

Uh what?

The collection supposedly includes the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia as well as Dawn of the New World.

[quote name='Cheska19']Uh what?

The collection supposedly includes the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia as well as Dawn of the New World.[/QUOTE]I should have specified that DotNW was included, but I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't; based on how Sir_Fragalot phrased his question, it sounded like he thought there was a "Wii version" of the original Tales of Symphonia when there wasn't. Usually when you say "version", you mean that the game in question was released on more than one platform.

Anyway, sorry for the slight OT-ness of my reply. /grammarnazi :whistle2:#

[quote name='Vigilante']There is no "Wii version" of the original Tales of Symphonia--the Wii game in question is its sequel, Dawn of the New World, which was released just on that console.

The collection will include the :ps3: version of the original Tales of Symphonia, which the US has never seen until now and which includes several upgrades from the :gc: version (I don't know exactly what those upgrades are, however), as well as some additional bonuses including Tales of the Abyss-themed costumes.[/QUOTE]

It will have the :ps2: version of ToS, there is no :ps3: of ToS (not yet, at least:)). Nevermind, I see that's been pointed out.

There were quite a few changes between the PS2/GC versions.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/561316-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/32765

[quote name='kitsunisan']Now we just need Vesperia to come over on the ps3. Come on Bamco, you can do it![/QUOTE]

I'm still pissed about Namco's twitter douche including part of the "Vesperia" logo in an image macro advertising Graces f and then saying it was a coincidence. Yeah, it was pure coincidence that a few filters accurately picture part of a modeled logo.

[quote name='lutz']Although dolphin is nice, playing the original in 1080p won't change the fact the textures are blurry. Another important thing is that the skits will be voiced this time around, and translation will be a little more accurate since it doesn't have to pass through nintendo of america censorship (though I can't remember any specific incidents). And finally, we'll get the additional content the PS2 version of the game had, which never came over here.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what's new in the PS2 version, but I'm down. Hopefully it won't just be 720p or less like so many HD versions are.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Now we just need Vesperia to come over on the ps3. Come on Bamco, you can do it![/QUOTE]

That would be nice, but you could get a used 360 and play Lost Odyssey, too.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Now we just need Vesperia to come over on the ps3. Come on Bamco, you can do it!
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

Lol I wouldn't be so sure of that. Blamco has let me down in ze past.. tisk tisk blamco :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back