Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
bestbuy restocked tales of xilla collector's just put an order in I hope it goes through.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tales+of+Xillia%3A+Collector%27s+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/8925117.p?id=1218951966719&skuid=8925117&sellerId= for anyone else who missed the other sites preorders
Thanks, ordered it from BB and going to cancel my amazon so I can save a bit with some rz certs.

In regards to the whole newegg preorder thing, sorry to hear about it for those that wanted it. I went ahead and canceled my pre-order of dragon's crown I got way back with the $10 coupons sales they had and ordered with amazon to make sure I got the artbook based on these stories. So thanks to all for the heads up.

Well, I just cancelled my Time and Eternity collector's edition pre-order.

The game has just been getting abysmal reviews. I feel like it'll sink in price pretty quickly.

I saw this on joystiq the other day

There'a a JRPG coming out next year called Soul Saga, its inspired by alot of older PSOne era RPGs like final fantasy, breath of fire, persona etc. It currently has a kickstarter going and has reached its main goal, now its just a matter of hitting all of its stretch goals!

its releasing digitally on the PS4/Vita, WiiU, and PC and you can secure a copy by backing it here 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics?ref=live

I pledged in for a ps4/vita and wiiU copy!

also heres a video of how the basic combat will be but its still in pre-alpha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFSP67eYo4

I think I'm going to cancel my Time and Eternity order too. I am semi-OCD, but not the pathetic over the top level where I can't control it. I don't need the extras that badly and let's face it, if I can't get through the game it will be a total waste of money.

Looking at more gameplay videos, I don't think there is any way I could play this game for more than an hour. I thought the initial gameplay videos looked intriguing, but the more I watch the worse it looks.

I think I'm going to cancel my Time and Eternity order too. I am semi-OCD, but not the pathetic over the top level where I can't control it. I don't need the extras that badly and let's face it, if I can't get through the game it will be a total waste of money.

Looking at more gameplay videos, I don't think there is any way I could play this game for more than an hour. I thought the initial gameplay videos looked intriguing, but the more I watch the worse it looks.
Well, the main reason I was struggling with cancelling it or not, is that they were seemingly trying to do something fresh. I can generally find some value in that alone. unfortunately it seems like it just went wrong in every place it could.

I'll still buy it later and give it a shot. I'm still intrigued by it. Hopefully the collector's edition will fall in price.

I think the odds of finding a cheap CE down the line are slim. Even if the game is getting terrible reviews, I am sure NIS America will not overproduce the CE. The whole point of them offering a CE is to please the fans that want to buy the game. Even if the game is terrible there will still be hardcore fans that buy the CE, hence why it is sold out on their website. The only way I see someone getting their hands on one later on is through eBay. 

I think the odds of finding a cheap CE down the line are slim. Even if the game is getting terrible reviews, I am sure NIS America will not overproduce the CE. The whole point of them offering a CE is to please the fans that want to buy the game. Even if the game is terrible there will still be hardcore fans that buy the CE, hence why it is sold out on their website. The only way I see someone getting their hands on one later on is through eBay.
Wouldn't be worth it.

Wouldn't be worth it.
I mean that's what I'm trying to say. $60 bucks for a CE at launch isn't bad. That's why I don't mind paying for NIS America CEs. I'm just saying to all the people who think it will be cheaper down the line that it mostly likely won't be. Look at all the hyperdimension neptunia games. They don't get the best reviews and they still go for a lot on eBay.

Their reviews are still two times better than Time and Eternity.  Hyper Dimension Neptunia is niche. Time and Eternity is just shaping up to be garbage. There's quite a difference.

I don't think this game's Collector's Edition will hold its value. I'll pick it up later on eBay, when it's cheaper.

Their reviews are still two times better than Time and Eternity. Hyper Dimension Neptunia is niche. Time and Eternity is just shaping up to be garbage. There's quite a difference.

I don't think this game's Collector's Edition will hold its value. I'll pick it up later on eBay, when it's cheaper.
I think my favorite quote about this game is "Time and Eternity is utterly embarrassing in so many ways that I do question how much it will hurt NISA's overall image" from RPGamer. :lol:

It kinda sucks. I was pretty interested in this one. I usually don't pay much mind to reviews, but this one got reamed so hard. People are saying that it's so bad that it's offensive. Youch.

I think some people will freak out at "out of stock" and pay $100 early on for collector's editions... but as with most games, the desire will die and we'll see the price drop below MSRP.

It kinda sucks. I was pretty interested in this one. I usually don't pay much mind to reviews, but this one got reamed so hard. People are saying that it's so bad that it's offensive. Youch.

I think some people will freak out at "out of stock" and pay $100 early on for collector's editions... but as with most games, the desire will die and we'll see the price drop below MSRP.
NISA games are traditionally fairly rare / limited by default (Neptunia 1 was extremely hard to find till they did a reprinting), so CE's are a bit worse. If they sell out, then the price will go up. Most people will sell out and you probably won't find one over finding it for less.

I mean that's what I'm trying to say. $60 bucks for a CE at launch isn't bad. That's why I don't mind paying for NIS America CEs. I'm just saying to all the people who think it will be cheaper down the line that it mostly likely won't be. Look at all the hyperdimension neptunia games. They don't get the best reviews and they still go for a lot on eBay.
There is a significant difference between Neptunia and this hot pile.

NISA games are traditionally fairly rare / limited by default (Neptunia 1 was extremely hard to find till they did a reprinting), so CE's are a bit worse. If they sell out, then the price will go up. Most people will sell out and you probably won't find one over finding it for less.
No, there are plenty of NISA collector/premium/limited editions that have fallen below MSRP. Most of the Atelier/Ar Tonelico game premiums can be found for $40-$60 with a little patience.

Not much is on the line. I'd rather use the money to buy cooler limited items that I know are going to be quality products and increase in value.

Frankly, if the game is as terrible as everyone is saying it is... I don't know if I'd care at all if I had the standard edition instead of the collector's. This coming from someone who owns nearly all of NISA's console collector's editions, including PS2 games.

I can understand that, I had already paid off everything in July and still had an abundance, so I didnt really care in this case.

I always tend to kinda hoard niche games anyway, sucks when you actually miss out on the one that ends up rare/out of print

There'a a JRPG coming out next year called Soul Saga, its inspired by alot of older PSOne era RPGs like final fantasy, breath of fire, persona etc. It currently has a kickstarter going and has reached its main goal, now its just a matter of hitting all of its stretch goals!

its releasing digitally on the PS4/Vita, WiiU, and PC and you can secure a copy by backing it here

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics?ref=live

Wow, thanks for posting this. I might actually back my first Kickstarter...

What got my attention is that Todd Haberkorn (Italy from Hetalia, Ling Yao from FMA: Brotherhood) will be voicing the main character. :shock:

I can understand that, I had already paid off everything in July and still had an abundance, so I didnt really care in this case.

I always tend to kinda hoard niche games anyway, sucks when you actually miss out on the one that ends up rare/out of print

I tend to as well, and can generally find something enjoyable in about all of them... but the reviews are just so bad.

"I'm convinced that the gameplay is so broken that almost anyone will regret purchasing this game."

:\

I do hope there's something redeemable in this game and that I can end up getting the Collector's Edition at some point... but if not... whatever. Owning the standard for this one won't be so bad if it comes to that. Plus, I can use the money to buy some a new DC bishoujo statue to add to my collection.

Wow, thanks for posting this. I might actually back my first Kickstarter...

What got my attention is that Todd Haberkorn (Italy from Hetalia, Ling Yao from FMA: Brotherhood) will be voicing the main character. :shock:
yeah watching the initial video, hearing the great voice acting then seeing all that they could do and add with the stretch goals sold me, especially since it now has airship exploration and will have airship combat inspired by skies of arcadia! :D

yeah watching the initial video, hearing the great voice acting then seeing all that they could do and add with the stretch goals sold me, especially since it now has airship exploration and will have airship combat inspired by skies of arcadia! :D
Skies of Arcadia is among my top 5 games of all time, so unless they really, really mess up the implementation in Soul Saga, I can't see how I won't enjoy it. :D

Is the physical copy only for PC? Or are they making physical copies for PS4 / Vita as well?

Is the physical copy only for PC? Or are they making physical copies for PS4 / Vita as well?
If I had to guess, I'd say physical copies are PC-only, though if PS4/Vita physical copies were a possibility, that might push me to the physical-copy tier.

anyone snag muramasa? there was no soundtrack. GS guys said its in the LE box. Is that true? what about those of you that got the reg edition?

seems odd for a pre order to be in the box

Thinking about ordering Soul Hackers for $30 from Best Buy. How do they ship them? There aren't any near me but I can select site to store - are they shipped with better packaging to the store? I just don't want to get a crushed box in a bubble mailer. 

anyone snag muramasa? there was no soundtrack. GS guys said its in the LE box. Is that true? what about those of you that got the reg edition?

Yes.

It is in the LE box, yes. It was considered something of a "complete" edition (adding it as a pointless bonus), though normal people can get it with the normal game.

Mine was sealed with my copy of the game, which caused the soundtrack case to get damaged (it is paper after all).

I got a regular Muramasa from Newegg two days ago, and they included the soundtrack CD in the bubble mailer with my game. Would have easily bought the LE of this game had it included an artbook like Dragon's Crown will, but sadly they opted for other extras that really didn't excite me much. I already have a Hori Face Cover for my Vita (and LOVE it), so I didn't need another one, and the velvet bag wasn't all that exciting.

Not certain if this is the right thread for Dragon's Crown preorders, but newegg just sent me an email that they cancelled my preorder for that game along with the $10 promo code I've had it preordered under for about a year now.  Anyone else get this?  Wondering if they're exacting retribution for me returning Project X Zone or if they are just being newegg...

EDIT: Or maybe they automatically cancel pre-orders after a full year from date of pre-order?  Hmmm...

Not certain if this is the right thread for Dragon's Crown preorders, but newegg just sent me an email that they cancelled my preorder for that game along with the $10 promo code I've had it preordered under for about a year now. Anyone else get this? Wondering if they're exacting retribution for me returning Project X Zone or if they are just being newegg...
Most likely NE being NE. However, if you got it at the old $30 dollar price, then that might be why.

Shit, I need to follow this thread more closely.  I missed out on ordering the Time and Eternity LE.

Also, if I were to pre-order the Tales of Xillia CE, do you think the figure would sell for a decent amount?  I'm only interested in the artbook and soundtrack.

Shit, I need to follow this thread more closely. I missed out on ordering the Time and Eternity LE.
Also, if I were to pre-order the Tales of Xillia CE, do you think the figure would sell for a decent amount? I'm only interested in the artbook and soundtrack.
Read the reviews for Time and Eternity.

Abysmal reviews everywhere.

Wow. Glad I checked this thread and got turned onto Soul Saga. Looks awesome. Think I might throw in some cash for my first Kickstarter.

Makes me wish I still had my copy of Skies of Arcadia though...

Killer is Dead Launch copies come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack that contains the following items:

• Gigolo Glasses
  • Alternate costume for Vivienne and Mika
  • A bonus Gigolo Mission with Betty
  • An additional episode with the vampiric Sebastian

Killer is Dead Launch copies come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack that contains the following items:

• Gigolo Glasses
  • Alternate costume for Vivienne and Mika
  • A bonus Gigolo Mission with Betty
  • An additional episode with the vampiric Sebastian
I'm very, very tempted to preorder this now... :whistle2:k

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back