Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer is Dead Launch copies come with an 80-page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks, and a “Smooth Operator” DLC pack that contains the following items:

• Gigolo Glasses
  • Alternate costume for Vivienne and Mika
  • A bonus Gigolo Mission with Betty
  • An additional episode with the vampiric Sebastian
Dang it August is too full for me....I want this pretty badly...too many games....too many! I think i'm up to 5 or 6 now.

Seems like most Xseed upgrades/special editions stick around for a while after release... I can't bring myself to bite.

I saw this on joystiq the other day

There'a a JRPG coming out next year called Soul Saga, its inspired by alot of older PSOne era RPGs like final fantasy, breath of fire, persona etc. It currently has a kickstarter going and has reached its main goal, now its just a matter of hitting all of its stretch goals!

its releasing digitally on the PS4/Vita, WiiU, and PC and you can secure a copy by backing it here

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics?ref=live

I pledged in for a ps4/vita and wiiU copy!

also heres a video of how the basic combat will be but its still in pre-alpha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFSP67eYo4
I've never used kickstarter before, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. But holy that is a lot of pledge tiers offered I have no idea what to start with. Anyone care to share what tier/option they picked?

I've never used kickstarter before, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. But holy that is a lot of pledge tiers offered I have no idea what to start with. Anyone care to share what tier/option they picked?
I did base $15 for PS4 version. Can start there and adjust if you want extra goodies.

Am I the only one looking forward to getting the Time and Eternity LE? The art looks good. The story can't be too bad. In fact I want to put aside all my backlogs and play it when it's available.

Am I the only one looking forward to getting the Time and Eternity LE? The art looks good. The story can't be too bad. In fact I want to put aside all my backlogs and play it when it's available.
The story looks cliche and silly enough I will likely enjoy it. I'm sure the gameplay will be slightly better than some RPGs I've played (some of those 8-bit throwbacks are just horrible...among other horrible RPGs I've gone through). It looks really nice and I'm sure i'll get my enjoyment out of it. Also helps the CE looks beautiful.

No you are not the only one. I've been excited for it ever since it was announced and released in Japan. I am a big fan of various anime so I think I can look past some of the negatives people tote. At the end of the day, liking a game comes down to the individual player and no one should tell you otherwise.

Nope, the bad reviews have me curious to see just how bad it is. It peaked my interest back when it was announced though, so I guess I'll see how it is for myself. I can usually find some enjoyment out of most games, unless they are just terrible lol. To my own surprise, I enjoyed Trinity Universe and Rorona way more than I had expected.

Not certain if this is the right thread for Dragon's Crown preorders, but newegg just sent me an email that they cancelled my preorder for that game along with the $10 promo code I've had it preordered under for about a year now. Anyone else get this? Wondering if they're exacting retribution for me returning Project X Zone or if they are just being newegg...

EDIT: Or maybe they automatically cancel pre-orders after a full year from date of pre-order? Hmmm...
This happened to me too, but i had $12 off of Dragon's Crown and The Witch and the hundred knights. I got online with them and they said it was a system glitch. They offered me another $10 off to re-preorder (totaling $34 off the two games). Though if they do get the artbook (which she wouldn't confirm) my place in line was reset.

Because of losing my place in line for the art book, I was pondering asking for a bigger discount, but i didn't want to chance it.

The way they are giving me the $34 back is a little sketchy though. The CSR said that after I email her the new order number she'll watch for the order to be completed and then she'll credit my method of payment 2 or 3 days after it ships. I figure i'll just wait to see what happens, as it's possible I'll get $34 off of Dragon's Crown.

I went ahead and ordered it at amazon to make sure i get an art book though.

Nope, the bad reviews have me curious to see just how bad it is. It peaked my interest back when it was announced though, so I guess I'll see how it is for myself. I can usually find some enjoyment out of most games, unless they are just terrible lol. To my own surprise, I enjoyed Trinity Universe and Rorona way more than I had expected.
I agree, i will also keep my pre-order

I'm glad to see some Cags feel the same about T&E, and Jrpg in general.

Does anyone know if Gamestop.com REALLY does have the Project X Zone limited edition? Its the only one listed.
They did have it. I saw many in my local GS but they didn't allow me to buy, saying they were all for preorders. GameStop.com should also have some.

Does anyone know if Gamestop.com REALLY does have the Project X Zone limited edition? Its the only one listed.
Like Fairy said, GameStop.com still has some in stock. Your best bet would be to call your local stores around you. All initial shipments of Project X Zone were the limited edition copy (except for Newegg and their crappy fiasco). So if you can find a Target, Best Buy, or GameStop with 1st edition copies you would be able to buy it from a B&M store. Otherwise GameStop.com wouldn't be a bad choice if you could find a free shipping coupon like SAVER.

Better decide quick because when they are gone they are gone. With that said the LE is cool and all but it isn't that great. It's just nice since it was the same cost as a vanilla copy.

Though if they do get the artbook (which she wouldn't confirm) my place in line was reset.
See that concerns me. I know I saw back when Dragon's Crown had an official release date and announced that the artbook would be at participating outlets, that Newegg was listed and for a while the artbook was also shown on Newegg's site. Now it's no where to be seen and the ONLY reason I've kept the pre-order even though money is a little bit on the tight side, is for the artbook. I just hope Newegg doesn't bone people with this, it may be the last time I pre-order anything with a physical bonus from them, even with a coupon.

Given financial constraints I cannot get it now (am getting SMT IV and Tales of Xillia) I do plan on getting around to buying in months down the road.

Tales of Xillia 2 confirmed for the West in 2014: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-06/tales-of-xillia-2-rpg-heads-west-in-2014

:shock: Well, that was fast. Looks like I won't be able to put off playing Tales of Xillia for long after I pick it up in August as I did with Graces f. Although the photo in the article only explicitly references Europe, I doubt we'll miss out.

EDIT: U.S. confirmed to be getting it, as well: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1112

Tales of Xillia 2 confirmed for the West in 2014: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-06/tales-of-xillia-2-rpg-heads-west-in-2014

:shock: Well, that was fast. Looks like I won't be able to put off playing Tales of Xillia for long after I pick it up in August as I did with Graces f. Although the photo in the article only explicitly references Europe, I doubt we'll miss out.

EDIT: U.S. confirmed to be getting it, as well: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1112
am very happy about that news, i did not like how they handle the LE/CE but still very much want the rpgs too come state side, an will buy them day 1.

Glad to hear Xillia 2 is at least making it over to Europe. Worst case scenario, we can import it.

am very happy about that news, i did not like how they handle the LE/CE but still very much want the rpgs too come state side, an will buy them day 1.
At least they resolved the issue this time. With the Dark Souls LE, they basically said deal with it. And with Ni No Kuni WE... well, that one's recent enough that it probably doesn't need an explanation.

I think we all had a feeling Xillia 2 was coming sooner or later but very nice! we get Symphony HD and now Xillia 2!

Oh for the people who purchase Project X Zone LE did you guys get 2 posters and 2 manuals inside the box? :whee:  

I think we all had a feeling Xillia 2 was coming sooner or later but very nice! we get Symphony HD and now Xillia 2!

Oh for the people who purchase Project X Zone LE did you guys get 2 posters and 2 manuals inside the box? :whee:
I did get two manuals, but only one poster... lol

There's 2 manuals b/c in Canada everything has to be in both English & French and Namco many times will only do 1 version for both the US & Canada.

Just read the Xillia 2 news, and I'm super happy about that.  Both it & the Symphonia collection next year, that's just awesome.  :D

I'm considering cancelling my ToX CE preorder. No dual audio and a really wide purchase window are kinda pushing me away.

I'm considering cancelling my ToX CE preorder. No dual audio and a really wide purchase window are kinda pushing me away.
Why not just get the standard edition? Then you still get some bonuses and support Namco-Bandai's release for $40 less.

That's what I'm planning on doing after reflecting on the fact that I'm not much of an artbook or statue collector.

Since I've been playing Project X Zone I'm looking to get some of the games represented I don't already own.

On Resonance of Fate, which is the better version between 360 & PS3? Thanks in advance.

Since I've been playing Project X Zone I'm looking to get some of the games represented I don't already own.

On Resonance of Fate, which is the better version between 360 & PS3? Thanks in advance.
As far as I know (if google should prove me wrong, then so be it) there isn't really any difference between them,

As far as I know (if google should prove me wrong, then so be it) there isn't really any difference between them,
Yeah there's not much difference between the two, both versions are about the same. Only really noticeable difference is that the lighting is different in each version, so I'd suggest looking at screenshots and picking the one you think looks better of the two versions.

I'd say the 360 version is slightly better, but the PS3 one has some advantages as well, so it really doesn't matter which version you get. The only content difference is a shirt for Leanne.

PS3 gets a shirt with Toro and Kuro on it:

image284.png

360 gets a shirt based on what Microsoft's "booth babes" wore at Tokyo Game Show '09:

image285.png

The PS3 version is much easier to find, so I'd just go with that. (Plus the 360 shirt is fugly.)

These new vita niche game announcements have finally been what will push me over the edge for a vita. Even if it's a niche machine for me, i'm ready to finally get one. Btw just a random question or am I one of the only people that's not as crazy for Monster Hunter like games...and man there seems to be a lot of those coming for the Vita....will probably pass on most. 

These new vita niche game announcements have finally been what will push me over the edge for a vita. Even if it's a niche machine for me, i'm ready to finally get one. Btw just a random question or am I one of the only people that's not as crazy for Monster Hunter like games...and man there seems to be a lot of those coming for the Vita....will probably pass on most.
Let this help you a little bit further then:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics

^the guy who pledged the 10k is pretty stoked about it. There is only one guy working on this entire game, besides the 10k backer and the backers who will get to be doing some custom weapons/monsters/npcs.

$15 for this game now digitally will be heck of a bargain I bet when it finally releases.

^the guy who pledged the 10k is pretty stoked about it. There is only one guy working on this entire game, besides the 10k backer and the backers who will get to be doing some custom weapons/monsters/npcs.

$15 for this game now digitally will be heck of a bargain I bet when it finally releases.
With the ps4 coming out, I started trading in games i've already beat to make room. Traded in 21 games for a vita, so this game will be a nice addition.

any good deals on Code of Princess or Tales of The Abyss for 3DS?
Not that I know of. Did they reprint it? Amazon has it for $30 and it's worth it if your a tales fan.

Grabbed a Tales of Xilla preorder. They had me at limited edition, lol. Not getting the collectors edition though. Canceled my Pikmin 3 preorder for it but I would rather have Tales and Dragon's Crown limited for the bonuses. I can grab Pikmin at any time.

That also reminds me I need to nab Tales of Graces F at some point. Does anyone know of a deal or is $30 the cheapest and I should just say screw it and buy it.

Just backed it. sigh, I am a sucker for JRPG

At first I thought the 10k level was totally crazy and overpriced, but then I realized that it would be pretty smart for someone who had money and wanted to break into the gaming industry.
It's nice to see another RPG headed to PC (as well as other platforms), but nothing really stands out to me about it, so I'm not sure if I should put any money down.

It's nice to see another RPG headed to PC (as well as other platforms), but nothing really stands out to me about it, so I'm not sure if I should put any money down.
Well it's estimated retail value is $20 so your saving 25%. However, if your not looking to get it on a console, then steam might have a better sale down the road.

Yeah looking at the game it looks okay but nothing jumps out and says I need this. It looks passable as a JRPG but nothing to me stands out saying that it's nothing more than passable. Plus it's from a guy I never heard of. Not to say it wont be good but I will wait. Plus if it's on Steam I will get it cheaper or in an indie bundle.

Not that I know of. Did they reprint it? Amazon has it for $30 and it's worth it if your a tales fan.

Grabbed a Tales of Xilla preorder. They had me at limited edition, lol. Not getting the collectors edition though. Canceled my Pikmin 3 preorder for it but I would rather have Tales and Dragon's Crown limited for the bonuses. I can grab Pikmin at any time.

That also reminds me I need to nab Tales of Graces F at some point. Does anyone know of a deal or is $30 the cheapest and I should just say screw it and buy it.
it's $40 at Gamestop and $42 on Amazon. I got it for $35 at PlayAsia. It's $35 for the standard and $55 for the Knight Edition with all the DLC on PSN. The DLC is mostly costumes and inventory upgrades. I haven't seen it any cheaper than $35. PSN more than likely give jprgs a price then have go on sale.

it's $40 at Gamestop and $42 on Amazon. I got it for $35 at PlayAsia. It's $35 for the standard and $55 for the Knight Edition with all the DLC on PSN. The DLC is mostly costumes and inventory upgrades. I haven't seen it any cheaper than $35. PSN more than likely give jprgs a price then have go on sale.
I seen it used at GS for $35 but I can get it for $32 with my PUR. Might as well bite if I see it this week. It's worth it.

Just confirmed by Nintendo.

Buy Fire Emblem Awakening and SMT IV, register through Club Nintendo and get $30 in Free eshop cash.

It's on the official 3DS facebook page and Atlus (well a pic confirming it). All I have to say is a big hell yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back