Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol woke up this morning and refreshed the page to just keep tabs on, and was shocked that it plummeted to 25%. It was 75% last night around 9:30 pm EST.

Do they accept PayPal? I was in such a rush to secure a copy I didn't really look. Also, can I switch payment types? Rather have the money sunken into PayPal and not have to keep calculating the funds in my checking account for another 3 months.

This new Disgaea LE....i'll likely just bite on it...though it hurts....I never even got close to finishing D4 but eh my favorite set of characters at least. Maybe by the time it comes out I will be in the mood for the turn based type strategy game again. 

Lol woke up this morning and refreshed the page to just keep tabs on, and was shocked that it plummeted to 25%. It was 75% last night around 9:30 pm EST.

Do they accept PayPal? I was in such a rush to secure a copy I didn't really look. Also, can I switch payment types? Rather have the money sunken into PayPal and not have to keep calculating the funds in my checking account for another 3 months.
Yes, I paid mine with paypal.

Amazon does have "a" guide. It's $31.XX right now though. It is hardcover, so it might be the same one. 356 pages, or so the description says.

http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-D2-Brighter-Darkness-Official/dp/0804162131/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373614247&sr=8-2&keywords=disgaea+d2+guide
I'm pretty sure it's the same guide and that there is really only one LE. I'm not aware of NIS ever printing their own hardcover guides. The only benefit of buying the one with the guide is that you get the guide at a discount. Of course, as others have pointed out, Amazon may drop the price to pretty close to that anyway prior to release, so it's a wash.

I'm surprised the version with the guide is almost sold out, while the version without the guide is still at 75%.

Has anyone ever changed their address with NISA? I'm going to be moving between now and til the game's released so that's gonna be a bit of a hassle.

I think it's just uninformed people buying the guide edition, unless saving $11 on the guide is enough incentive. Maybe it'll sell out on Amazon too? :3

I just got billed for my T&E LEs, so they should be shipping soon. Looking forward to the poster. The Totori one was awesome.

Maybe, im a sucker for hardcover strategy guides anyway, so a day 1 discount for one I'd buy anyway is worth it

I hope they give it an exclusive cover or something.

Also got billed for T&E, hope it ships today.

Anyone else realize that the poster is an altered image? The original has the blonde chick nude but covered, while she's clothed on the poster and most NA promotional art.

Not that the original would be easy to hang on the wall... I'd have people giving me looks >.>

Maybe, im a sucker for hardcover strategy guides anyway, so a day 1 discount for one I'd buy anyway is worth it

I hope they give it an exclusive cover or something.

Also got billed for T&E, hope it ships today.
Sure, but I was concerned that given some of their recent shipping issues that having a hardcover book inside the shipping box (I suspect it won't be actually packaged inside the CE game box) could result in damage to the CE game box. As such, I'm perfectly happy to reduce the risk and save the money on something I would never use anyway.

I'm surprised the version with the guide is almost sold out, while the version without the guide is still at 75%.

Has anyone ever changed their address with NISA? I'm going to be moving between now and til the game's released so that's gonna be a bit of a hassle.
I suspect they didn't have a lot of guide editions, so that's why it sold out. We will probably see more of them come in stock and the normal will lose some stock for it.

Nothing compared to what I posted last night, but found Ni no Kuni for 29.96 at Wal-mart. The website sill shows it as higher and it was outside the glass, so clear YMMV.

Can anyone tell me more about Killer is Dead? I see Gamestop will be providing the initial launch goodies it will bring but I didnt see it on Amazons site.  Is Gamestop the only one that will have initial launch specials?

Can anyone tell me more about Killer is Dead? I see Gamestop will be providing the initial launch goodies it will bring but I didnt see it on Amazons site. Is Gamestop the only one that will have initial launch specials?
To my knowledge (from memory of the press release) all first print copies will be the 'special edition' or whatever you want to call it.

Anyone know why Neptunia Victory is so expensive? It's holding its MSRP at $49.99 rather well...
It has only been out 4 months. RPGs especially niche one will hold their value pretty well and could easily go up once it is sold out. It is not Tomb Raider that will drop $20 in a month.

Anyone know why Neptunia Victory is so expensive? It's holding its MSRP at $49.99 rather well...
Same as any other small run, fairly niche game out there. IE, there isn't really a need to move stock and sales won't bring anyone in. You're better off buying it now, than waiting for a drop, since it could be MONTHS and even then it might not be much of a drop.

It has only been out 4 months. RPGs especially niche one will hold their value pretty well and could easily go up once it is sold out. It is not Tomb Raider that will drop $20 in a month.
It has more to do with how many were made / how popular it is, than being an RPG. Like Zero Escape (physical) has pretty much universally held its value, just like I suspect Muramasa (physical) will too. By the same token you can find Ni no Kuni / Disgaea 4 on sale fairly often because they made more stock than they really need.

Actually Muramasa (Wii) been on clearance at multiple stores.  The Vita version has a different publisher so it could be different.

I got HDN:V a couple weeks after it came out along with Mugen Souls and Agarest 2 during a B2G1F sale from GS.  That is what I end up doing for Japanese games that won't drop.

Disgaea 4 Return and Criminal Girls INVITATION announced by NIS for Vita: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/13/nippon-ichi-announces-two-ps-vita-exclusive-titles-disgaea-4-return-and-criminal-girl-invitation/

It's likely a given that the former will be brought overseas by NISA.
Its been awhile since I played criminal girls. the game is a pretty fun dungeon crawler. it doesn't have that much depth but it makes up for it in presentation. I doubt we will get it for US this time around through :/

lol my freind brought all the disgaea 3 and 4 dlc. hes pretty mad now becasue of the vita ones XD

yeah admiralvic, i'm still holding on to my copy of zero escape I love that game. I brought it for 40 a couple of months of ago.

Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl is coming out October 1 - $40

No Amazon or anywhere link yet... if someone finds please post cause I was gonna preorder like... now

Got my SMT IV from Amazon today....shipped in a bubble mailer.  So *of course* it's damaged.  I'm making them send me another one, but this is really irritating.  Instead of getting it a day early, now it will be 2-3 days late.  

Got my SMT IV from Amazon today....shipped in a bubble mailer. So *of course* it's damaged. I'm making them send me another one, but this is really irritating. Instead of getting it a day early, now it will be 2-3 days late.
Sadly the only way I figured to get a non damaged copy is to just go through Gamestop (retail that is). Amazon, Newegg, etc is a chance. Even with prime, sometimes Amazon chooses the cheapest way to get to your house.

My T&E is coming via USPS so that will end up damaged while my SMT IV is coming through UPS which is great.

How is the packaging from NISA?

Sadly the only way I figured to get a non damaged copy is to just go through Gamestop (retail that is). Amazon, Newegg, etc is a chance. Even with prime, sometimes Amazon chooses the cheapest way to get to your house.

My T&E is coming via USPS so that will end up damaged while my SMT IV is coming through UPS which is great.

How is the packaging from NISA?
NISA's packaging has always been superb for me. I have no doubt that T&E will come without any damage. Well unless USPS mishandles it.

Got my SMT IV from Amazon today....shipped in a bubble mailer. So *of course* it's damaged. I'm making them send me another one, but this is really irritating. Instead of getting it a day early, now it will be 2-3 days late.
Every time I exchange something from Amazon, they always ship it the same exact way and the exchange will arrive with as much, or more, damage.

Oh, hell. If Amazon shipped one copy in a bubble mailer, it's shipping all copies in bubble mailers, right?

Every time I exchange something from Amazon, they always ship it the same exact way and the exchange will arrive with as much, or more, damage.
This hasn't been my experience in the past, but if so I'll send that one back too. I did put in my description of why I was returning it that it was due to damage caused as a result of it being shipped in an envelope, so hopefully they'll take the hint.

do they ship you another one simultaneously as you send your damaged copy back?
Yes.

In the warehouse I work, Staples, it is up to the Inventory Control team, two others and I, to decide what gets shipped how. It is all systematic on our end. We choose to either put a protection flag on the SKU so it won't print the ticket to be in a bubble mailer/poly bag, or it will allow it. However, this is a warehouse by warehouse basis, unless it is dictated from the higher ups.

Also have the ability to ship it alone or with other skus. I am sure Amazon has a similar set up systemically.

Oh, hell. If Amazon shipped one copy in a bubble mailer, it's shipping all copies in bubble mailers, right?
I used to order multiple games in order to get my items shipped in a box. More recently, however, I have noticed that Amazon started shipping multiple games in a bubble mailer as well (must be another cost saving move). I'm not even going to bother ordering anything I don't want damaged, since Amazon will just re-send you a replacement packaged the exact same way.

I used to order multiple games in order to get my items shipped in a box. More recently, however, I have noticed that Amazon started shipping multiple games in a bubble mailer as well (must be another cost saving move). I'm not even going to bother ordering anything I don't want damaged, since Amazon will just re-send you a replacement packaged the exact same way.
Yeah, this technique depends a lot on luck, since items in a single order will often ship from multiple warehouses.

Edit: A replacement requested because "the shipping box or envelope isn’t damaged but the item is damaged" should really be upgraded to next-day shipping for free.

God, I am gonna just have to order all my LE games from Gamestop now. My SMT IV box came in trashed in a bubble mailer. I have no hopes for my T&E LE. If that comes in damaged...

Mystic Chronicles released on PSN today for PSP (a 16-bit style JRPG from Kemco/Natsume). It's supposed to be compatible with Vita, though it's not showing up on the store for me even though the store has updated. Anyone else having this issue?

I got my copy of SMT4 just fine, but I did place the pre-order on Sunday along with the dark knight trilogy since it was on sale. They both came packaged nicely together in a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back