Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steins; Gate Visual Novel (Limited Edition) up for preorder on JAST USA. Costs $59.99 with $5 shipping and expected release date is Winter. Only first print will have physical copies then only digital version will be available.

http://www.jastusa.com/shop/steinsgate-limited.html
So are we paying for a physical copy with a Steam code?

I know in Europe physical games come with a Steam code.

argyle, on 20 Sept 2013 - 5:34 PM, said:It's good - if you've never played any of the series, basically you're in a castle and can't actively defend yourself against the people coming in to get you, but you can setup elaborate traps to kill them in some very interesting ways. You score higher for chains, so for example a swinging blade could hit them & knock them into some spikes on the wall. Heh, I've never thought about it but I suppose it was a precursor to the tower defense genre, tho you play a more active roll in Deception than in most of those games.
Thanks for the details. I've heard of Deception, but never played any of the series. Is it worth starting at the beginning for any reason (apparently the stories aren't overarching, right?). Sounds like a game I would enjoy and with another set to come out I could see myself wanting it as well. This is how my backlog has grown to the level its at, lol.

If you like the story of games like 999 and zero escape you will love Steins;Gate.
I know...I KNOW! I'M SO EXCITED (and I love what I've watched of the anime so far)!

Still, if there's a coupon code floating around down there to maybe cushion the shipping cost, I'd welcome it. If not, I'll gladly pay the $59.99+shipping.

If you like the story of games like 999 and zero escape you will love Steins;Gate.
I watched the Steins Gate anime and it ended up being one of my favorite anime. I wanted it to be longer but I guess the VN would fill that gap.

So are we paying for a physical copy with a Steam code?

I know in Europe physical games come with a Steam code.
You are paying for the physical game disc. If you look at the picture it shows the DVD and in the listing it says Game DVD. Like many people said, this probably isn't going to be on steam.

I can't imagine RightStuf not getting a preorder listing in for Steins;Gate, since almost all of JAST's previous games have been listed on there. If that's the case, shipping would be free as it'll be >$50. The great thing about it though is that it's going to be rated by the ESRB, along the same lines as MoeNovel's If My Heart Had Wings. Hopefully it'll help improve the visual novel market.

I can't imagine RightStuf not getting a preorder listing in for Steins;Gate, since almost all of JAST's previous games have been listed on there. If that's the case, shipping would be free as it'll be >$50.
Didn't think about this being a possibility, good point. I think I'll just stick with my preorder though. Would have been nice to save $5 on shipping but I will live.

It's kind of a bummer we don't get more console VNs over here. Localization would be a bitch given the huge amount of text but I'd love to play Clannad and other games on PS3.

It's kind of a bummer we don't get more console VNs over here. Localization would be a bitch given the huge amount of text but I'd love to play Clannad and other games on PS3.
This. I would love to play the Clannad VN or any other anime that I've been interested in (Sakurasou, Little Busters, etc). The problem is the demand is so low in the United States for VN video games. It's just one of those areas where I wish I knew Japanese since they do get a lot of exclusives stuff over there.

This. I would love to play the Clannad VN or any other anime that I've been interested in (Sakurasou, Little Busters, etc). The problem is the demand is so low in the United States for VN video games. It's just one of those areas where I wish I knew Japanese since they do get a lot of exclusives stuff over there.
...while the demand for shooters is sky high...

Just curious, but the adult versions or not?

If you're asking about the PS3 versions of VNs that Japan gets, none of them are AO. All the h-scenes have been stripped out. If it's localized and on consoles (trophies), I'm okay with that.

Steins;Gate limited edition is now up for order on RightStuf at $38.99. No free shipping (unless your order total is >$49), but still a hell of a deal compared to ordering from JASTUSA. Date available is listed as Feb 28 2014, which seems like a pretty late winter release. 

Steins;Gate limited edition is now up for order on RightStuf at $38.99. No free shipping (unless your order total is >$49), but still a hell of a deal compared to ordering from JASTUSA. Date available is listed as Feb 28 2014, which seems like a pretty late winter release.
I thought RightStuf was not a good place to buy things from.

Steins;Gate limited edition is now up for order on RightStuf at $38.99. No free shipping (unless your order total is >$49), but still a hell of a deal compared to ordering from JASTUSA. Date available is listed as Feb 28 2014, which seems like a pretty late winter release.
Knew I should have waited in ordering it from JList.........Trying to look, but is there anyway to cancel an order from JList once you made it?

Edit - Nvm, found out where to. Just need to see if it does go through.

Knew I should have waited in ordering it from JList.........Trying to look, but is there anyway to cancel an order from JList once you made it?

Edit - Nvm, found out where to. Just need to see if it does go through.
I am canceling mine too. That $25 difference is pretty significant and the only difference between rightstuf and jast usa is that the jast preorder comes with the digital copy day one. I don't think that justifies the price point.

To the person that asked about adult VN, I've never played a VN but I think I would prefer to leave the adult stuff out. I am all for mature games but there is a point where I think it's just not for me. To the person that said rightstuf isn't a good place to order from, false. Rightstuf is actually a really good site and their customer service is superb.

Rightstuf is amazing really, good prices, good sales esp the Holiday ones, excellent packaging (the manga I've ordered came in perfect condition in excellent packaging), and I really should have waited for the Stein's Gate from them for the cheaper price and I would have gotten free shipping ordering something in their current sale. My preferred site for Anime and it's becoming my new manga pre-order place after I noticed Amazon giving less discounts on their Manga then when I first started buying from them.

And for my 2 cents, yes, I too have also bought from Rightstuf (either from their site, or as an amazon retailer), and yes, their service is good, and their shipping is kinda quick, so yeah, lol. :3

Thanks for the notice!

Although it's been months since I purchased there, I can also vouch RightStuf for their great sales and service.

A friend of mine told me via Facebook, the JoJo game will be coming out for PS3 next year. I think it will be as a digital copy.

No matter, I can wait

Nintendo eShop price drops on the following 3DS games:

Etrian Odyssey IV - $30  
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers now - $30
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi - $25.

I thought RightStuf was not a good place to buy things from.
You must be thinking of another store. It's the only place I trust of tje 3 places to pre-order the game from, no taxes (for me) and free shipping after $50 (so only add another $11 after the pre-order).

I also preordered Steins;Gate at RightStuf, and I threw in the latest One Piece omnibus (22-23-24, releasing 2/4/14) at $11.24 to get free shipping. :)

Crap, the Hakuoki game came out today? I didn't get an alert in my Gamestop account. I still have the receipt, and should print out a coupon, seeing I have enough points.

You can return GameStop items to a store. Like the knifed Songbird.
If you ignore B&M return even fewer site will allow you to return defective item for free. Major sites like play asia and frys.com don't do that, and smaller sites won't

Newegg and gamestop.com will both charge you shipping even with defective item.
Incorrect. If you simply make a phone call and explain that the item is defective, both Gamestop and NewEgg will e-mail you a prepaid UPS return label. You're right that if you just use the automated return method on NewEgg that it won't issue a label, but that's the default to prevent people from just randomly returning stuff for free. In fact, New Egg will even cross ship meaning they will send a replacement before your return gets to them. Gamestop will not only e-mail you the return label, but under a certain amount they will let you keep the defective item and will send you out a new one. Most online retailers will provide free return shipping if the item is in fact defective or damaged. I've never had one turn me down yet and I've ordered from just about all of them and had my fair share of damage and defects.

Incorrect. If you simply make a phone call and explain that the item is defective, both Gamestop and NewEgg will e-mail you a prepaid UPS return label. You're right that if you just use the automated return method on NewEgg that it won't issue a label, but that's the default to prevent people from just randomly returning stuff for free. In fact, New Egg will even cross ship meaning they will send a replacement before your return gets to them. Gamestop will not only e-mail you the return label, but under a certain amount they will let you keep the defective item and will send you out a new one. Most online retailers will provide free return shipping if the item is in fact defective or damaged. I've never had one turn me down yet and I've ordered from just about all of them and had my fair share of damage and defects.
I also called gamestop in the past and they will not issue a free label, so YMMV on that. I know that newegg will not do cross shipping or free label if you request a return on line, but I have not try doing it over the phone. However I do remember many people had trouble with Battle X Zone with newegg and they did not offer return shipping, so that may also be YMMV. I do know that play asia will require you to return it and pay for your shipping.

Right Stuf will not send you a prepaid label. In fact the 'owner Shawne' told me to seal it back up and write return to sender on it.

Right Stuf will not send you a prepaid label. In fact the 'owner Shawne' told me to seal it back up and write return to sender on it.
Yes, I think that's what prompted this whole discussion. Most people agreed that Right Stuff is generally good, but they won't reimburse or provide return shipping for defective or damaged items. I simply pointed out that such a practice is out of step with the vast majority of other retailers. It's not something that I think is necessarily a deal breaker, but people should be aware of it.

When my Xillia CE came beat up in the mail from GS they sent me a new one free of charge, and they didn't even ask me to return the first one.

I also called gamestop in the past and they will not issue a free label, so YMMV on that. I know that newegg will not do cross shipping or free label if you request a return on line, but I have not try doing it over the phone. However I do remember many people had trouble with Battle X Zone with newegg and they did not offer return shipping, so that may also be YMMV. I do know that play asia will require you to return it and pay for your shipping.
Bojay is correct about newegg. I have contacted them regularly in the past about defective or damaged items, and they have always covered return shipping. I was even allowed to keep my order on a few occasions and was simply shipped a replacement, since they didn't want to bother with the return (orders were generally for smaller amounts in these cases). Just don't go through the automated RMA process. Instead use the 'contact us' section, where you can call, chat, or e-mail (the last option will automatically open a case)

The two times I've had to return an item to RightStuf, one was damaged and the other was incorrect, I've included the return postage receipt and they've reimbursed me.

I've made we'll over 200 orders with RightStuf over the years and I can count any problems I've had with them on one hand. They are far and away the best online retailer I've dealt with as they almost always get things right the first time with shipping correct items that are well packaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back