Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D2 has a lot of new mechanics, which might come in handy for. However, this game released months ago in Japan, so most of the information is already out there. Also everything that is in the guide will be online in the next couple of weeks, plus a patch could easily result in there being a COMPLETELY different game / incorrect information down the road.

However, the guide does have an unlock key for one of the DLC characters, so it's a decent value if you don't like reading online, but completely useless if you do.
Awesome, thanks. I think I'll hold off then. I usually have a laptop or tablet nearby when I play anyway.

Are you talking about not seeing SMTIV LE but regular copies? I haven't seen regular copies anywhere. Every single BB has at least 2 LEs. Some GS have a sealed LE behind the counter and a gutted box on the shelves. Conversely, I've only seen PxZ LE at GS around release. BB only had regulars when I checked around then as well.

Also got a NISA charge yesterday, but no emails about D2 shipping.
I didn't think that my post was confusing. I posted that I hadn't seen a regular copy but it's possible that the online order copies are now second run.

so in news that completely slipped past me agarest generations of war releases on steam in about 2hrs w preorder discount still available

I haven't seen one myself and the same thing happened with Project X Zone. It sold for $10 less and I got a regular edition whenI ordered one online. I saw a lot of LE for PXZ after that, but it was confirmed that retailers were selling second editions after that. I would look for a copy in store.
I saw stores have the regular edition of PxZ within a week of its release but I haven't seen a plain copy of SMT IV yet.

Dear Future Overlords,

We have a small bit of bad news for you today. We were notified that the Prima hardcover strategy guides are going to arrive at our warehouse on the expected arrival date of October 11th. Once we received notice of this delay, we began contacting the shippers, trying to arrange for these items to arrive earlier, if possible.

Normally when this type of situation occurs, we tend to hold the order until all of the items are available so that our customers can receive everything in the same package. However, we know that most Overlords would not be happy with this delay, so we are currently planning to ship the Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition you ordered on schedule, on or before the release date! This means that we will be sending the Limited Edition from your order first, and once the Strategy Guide arrives at our warehouse, we will then ship that to you separately!

Good point. I kind of assumed that since she was the bonus, it was some sort of early access deal before her wave of DLC comes out
Hard to say, but right now we don't even have the first batch (Fuka / Desco lack trophies), nor do we know what rate we will get these characters. We could easily see a monthly wait like Japan, perhaps a weekly or all at once.

I kinda hope we get them all at once. Especially since my favorite characters are in the last 2 sets

Also seems odd that according to the trophy list that all 6 sets are showing up at once, instead of coming with each wave.

I kinda hope we get them all at once. Especially since my favorite characters are in the last 2 sets

Also seems odd that according to the trophy list that all 6 sets are showing up at once, instead of coming with each wave.
I sort of hope they segment them, so I don't feel a need to hit 9,999 just to have a chance against some of the DLC characters (like Zetta).

Well... it can go both ways. I recall Spelunker HD JP would get updates in 3's, though we still had to wait a month to get them. However, Spelunker HD US got most of them upfront and the DLC was released in two batches that were close to one another. I think all we're seeing is NISA saving time by uploading / translating them all and at best we will see the DLC on a weekly basis. Like I said, it can go either way, but the fact remains that nothing says 100% that the code will even work when you get it.

Dear Future Overlords,

We have a small bit of bad news for you today. We were notified that the Prima hardcover strategy guides are going to arrive at our warehouse on the expected arrival date of October 11th. Once we received notice of this delay, we began contacting the shippers, trying to arrange for these items to arrive earlier, if possible.

Normally when this type of situation occurs, we tend to hold the order until all of the items are available so that our customers can receive everything in the same package. However, we know that most Overlords would not be happy with this delay, so we are currently planning to ship the Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition you ordered on schedule, on or before the release date! This means that we will be sending the Limited Edition from your order first, and once the Strategy Guide arrives at our warehouse, we will then ship that to you separately!

Pretty classy of them.

:bouncy:

Greetings Fellow CAG'ers. I've been lurking around CAG the past few months, but after seeing so much Disgaea D2 conversations, I decided to make an account and join in.

You'll mainly see me here, though I may post other deals.

My best regards

D2 has a lot of new mechanics, which might come in handy for. However, this game released months ago in Japan, so most of the information is already out there. Also everything that is in the guide will be online in the next couple of weeks, plus a patch could easily result in there being a COMPLETELY different game / incorrect information down the road.

However, the guide does have an unlock key for one of the DLC characters, so it's a decent value if you don't like reading online, but completely useless if you do.
This may be a slightly different situation since you'll mainly be looking for strategies w/ Disgaea, but in general I hate reading FAQs written off of the Japanese version of JRPGs. They almost never have names that match up with the English version, which can really confuse things, and they're often badly formatted (this goes for online FAQs/guides in general, imo). I'd *much* rather have a good professionally written guide. I know it was a huge pain to try to find out anything while playing Xillia, and I ended up missing one too many sidequests to get the trophy because I couldn't even find a decent list of the sidequests & when they should be completed until I was nearly done with the game.

This may be a slightly different situation since you'll mainly be looking for strategies w/ Disgaea, but in general I hate reading FAQs written off of the Japanese version of JRPGs. They almost never have names that match up with the English version, which can really confuse things, and they're often badly formatted (this goes for online FAQs/guides in general, imo). I'd *much* rather have a good professionally written guide. I know it was a huge pain to try to find out anything while playing Xillia, and I ended up missing one too many sidequests to get the trophy because I couldn't even find a decent list of the sidequests & when they should be completed until I was nearly done with the game.
Oh, I 100% agree, but the information is still out there. Back when I was playing Soul Sacrifice I use to use Japanese wiki's to figure out where to find certain things. Sure the name differences were annoying, but it took me less time to do than that make $10 dollars working at my job.

Why the heck has my D2 not shipped yet.....
Did you check your order? Mine said billed, then I clicked it and found a tracking number. No email (not confirming payment, shipment or anything for Vic -.-... This is weird since they seem to love my reviews. XD), but it did seem to ship.

"

October 4, 2013 , 4:32 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

ANAHEIM, CA 92899

"

:3

It says Pending Fufilment and its being processed in warehouse.

I placed my order way back on 7/11 too, yet other people already have theirs already. Just slightly annoying every step in this process took so long for me.

Salutations Niche_Hero.
hello hello!

It says Pending Fufilment and its being processed in warehouse.

I placed my order way back on 7/11 too, yet other people already have theirs already. Just slightly annoying every step in this process took so long for me.
same here for me. I pre ordered on July 4th at a convention, and I have not received a shipping email.

Will check my order as ^ has posted

edit: Mine says still processing in the warehouse. Wonder why "regular" pre orders are being shipped while early pre orders aren't...

My two orders are still pending fulfillment, placed on 7/11. I feel like I should contact them and see if I can get one cancelled due to the guide delay. Should've just ordered one to begin with :/

hello hello!

same here for me. I pre ordered on July 4th at a convention, and I have not received a shipping email.

Will check my order as ^ has posted

edit: Mine says still processing in the warehouse. Wonder why "regular" pre orders are being shipped while early pre orders aren't...
My two orders are still pending fulfillment, placed on 7/11. I feel like I should contact them and see if I can get one cancelled due to the guide delay. Should've just ordered one to begin with :/

I ordered on the 9th and mine shipped...

Obviously July, since my post would have been pointless. Especially me bolding the early preorder part.
ah, I apologize, quickly read that. Hm, That doesn't make sense then. Again, I pre ordered on july 4th at a convention, a few days ahead of regular pre orders, so I thought my order would be taken into consideration first. But then I see another guy, who pre ordered on the 10th, and his copy hasn't shipped yet. Yet yours is on the 9th,and that shipped...(I also live in Anaheim/Garden Grove myself)

ah, I apologize, quickly read that. Hm, That doesn't make sense then. Again, I pre ordered on july 4th at a convention, a few days ahead of regular pre orders, so I thought my order would be taken into consideration first. But then I see another guy, who pre ordered on the 10th, and his copy hasn't shipped yet. Yet yours is on the 9th,and that shipped...(I also live in Anaheim/Garden Grove myself)
I don't know what to say. I don't even recall the Collectors Edition being announced before July 9th, since no one reported it till it went for sale on the website and even then most sites didn't get around to it till the 10th. There are a lot of possible theories, which could include a bunch of things. Like maybe NISA sent mine early for all the reviews I gave them (the latest being Battle Princess of Arcadias) or maybe they just never updated your order or maybe it was because I used Paypal. Don't know where the fact or fiction begins and ends, but I can only confirm they gave me a tracking number for my CE.

I ordered my LE + guide on 7/9 and it hasn't shipped.  Oct is kinda crazy with releases I'm picking up anyways so I've got plenty to play while I wait :)

I don't know what to say. I don't even recall the Collectors Edition being announced before July 9th, since no one reported it till it went for sale on the website and even then most sites didn't get around to it till the 10th. There are a lot of possible theories, which could include a bunch of things. Like maybe NISA sent mine early for all the reviews I gave them (the latest being Battle Princess of Arcadias) or maybe they just never updated your order or maybe it was because I used Paypal. Don't know where the fact or fiction begins and ends, but I can only confirm they gave me a tracking number for my CE.
hm, maybe thats why. I know a guy who got Time and Eternity a few days early ahead of release date (SE) and he reviews games..

That order looks good to me, as I haven't played a single game in the series yet.  I guess it's no use even buying the original Etrian Odyssey for ds anymore, since the new one looks like it contains everything plus additional content.

so for etrian odyssey is the new play order consensus

eou remake mode

eo2

eo3

eo4

eou new content
Maybe this is just me, but I'd play EOU new content (i'm guessing this is story mode), then EO4 and then if you want 3 or 2.....the stories I believe have nothing to do with each other and there is very little of it anyway (EOU new content likely the exception I just got it and wont play it till i'm done with Rune Factory 4). I personally liked the sailing in 3 and liked some of those classes a good deal (like the princess class), but I say just go for the newer games (New content first is likely best because EO4 expands the system and such) and skip the older games unless you haven't had enough when you're done. The 3 DS games are all very similar to each other and the two 3DS games look similar to each other as well. Just my two cents of course though.

Maybe this is just me, but I'd play EOU new content (i'm guessing this is story mode), then EO4 and then if you want 3 or 2.....the stories I believe have nothing to do with each other and there is very little of it anyway (EOU new content likely the exception I just got it and wont play it till i'm done with Rune Factory 4). I personally liked the sailing in 3 and liked some of those classes a good deal (like the princess class), but I say just go for the newer games (New content first is likely best because EO4 expands the system and such) and skip the older games unless you haven't had enough when you're done. The 3 DS games are all very similar to each other and the two 3DS games look similar to each other as well. Just my two cents of course though.
I played 1 and the demo remake, I honestly didn't like them what so ever. The bgms were meh...remade bgms were also meh...I recommend jumping straight to 3, then 4. 3 was hard, but very rewarding.the FOE battles made me scared. No really it did.Foe battles early game (any time really)are a pain if you just arrived to that floor. the bgms were good, Loved the boss battle bgms. 4 was perfect, imo. Gameplay was "fine as is" bgms were intense, small penalty for resetting your AP (2 levels instead of 5 in 3)

Interesting. The couple of reviews I read said The Millenium Girl was, except for the reletive lack of story, just as good as 4.
well, if you liked 1, you'll like the remake.Untold, is as people have said, and what you'll find online is that its basically a remake of EOI but with a storyline and remade bgms(i hear you can switch to the old bgms). but I personally didn't like EOI.

One of my two orders shipped. I guess they only have so many hands that they can only package a few (hundred?) orders a day.

I'm sure I could google the answer, but does EOU have the whole QR code reading thing where you can bum other people's characters? I didn't like that feature in IV, tempted me to powerlevel my toons :/

Picked up Ivy The Kiwi (XSeed-Wii)for $8 at the Big Lots sale listed in the forum. Thought I'd share it in here as well. Of course it's YMMV and 20% extra today only and normally $10.

I personally didn't like EO1 myself and thought 2 and 3 were much better games.  I've said it a few times before I'm sure, but the lack of difficulty in 3 wasn't that good and I can't see myself getting 4 since it is supposedly even easier and with a soundtrack I couldn't get into.

Untold is still somewhat of a remake and just like every dungeon crawler this generation there are ways to cheese through it from what I've read, but it is a good starting point.  Be warned though that going from Normal difficulty in either mode of Untold to EO2 will be a HUGE difficulty leap.

If the difficulty of the series is keeping you "out" of it so to speak, then playing 2 or Untold's Expert Classic as your second game may not end well.  This is my own experience and nothing more but I still hope it may help.

This was my first time ordering with NISA, and I'm very impressed.  I ordered Disgaea D2 LE w/o the guide and I should be getting it Monday.  I'm so excited even though I'm currently playing Mugen Souls.  It's going to be tough to choose which of the two to play, although that's a problem I'm happy to have.

This was my first time ordering with NISA, and I'm very impressed. I ordered Disgaea D2 LE w/o the guide and I should be getting it Monday. I'm so excited even though I'm currently playing Mugen Souls. It's going to be tough to choose which of the two to play, although that's a problem I'm happy to have.
I would think Disgaea D2 is at least 100x better than Mugen Souls.

I still don't believe a game like Mugen Souls got released in the US.

I personally didn't like EO1 myself and thought 2 and 3 were much better games. I've said it a few times before I'm sure, but the lack of difficulty in 3 wasn't that good and I can't see myself getting 4 since it is supposedly even easier and with a soundtrack I couldn't get into.
lack of difficulty in 3?! I had troubles basically all game long keeping up with levels and FOE's and bosses (so.. everything?) 4 in normal mode, was a bit easy. FOE's were still scary, but once your party has good equips and 2 classes, FOE's arent THAT scary. I personally think the bgms in 3 and 4 > 1 and 2. Like this bgm (hear at your own risk) its a... mid boss battle bgm. (4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6Wc3VzNzE&list=WL2D111A089F95F93C

I would think Disgaea D2 is at least 100x better than Mugen Souls.

I still don't believe a game like Mugen Souls got released in the US.
agreed,for both. Mugen souls I still can't understand the battle system lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back