Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just happened to have it on an open tab, and just a LITTLE lower than when last shared...

AquaPazza down to 23.49 on Amazon (fulfilled by, prime elig) - LINK

(Come on...

As cool as that is, I'd rather see translators turn their attention to Rebirth or Destiny 2. We already have Vesperia, and the PS3 version isn't that different. It just seems like a lot of effort for not enough pay off.
There is already a team working on Rebirth. Translating isn't the most difficult part, it is the hacking and coding. For PS3 Vesperia they were lucky that Namco took the code from Xbox 360 and had space for English text. For the Vesperia project the translation itself was done in about 7 months, it is the verification process that is taking a long time.

As cool as that is, I'd rather see translators turn their attention to Rebirth or Destiny 2. We already have Vesperia, and the PS3 version isn't that different. It just seems like a lot of effort for not enough pay off.
I don't have a 360 and Vesperia is the only game offhand I can think of that I'd want one for. It's too much to bother with just for that, so a PS3 translation would be great.

Of course my PS3 isn't hacked so that's not particularly useful, either. :(

Just happened to have it on an open tab, and just a LITTLE lower than when last shared...

AquaPazza down to 23.49 on Amazon (fulfilled by, prime elig) - LINK

(Come on... <20, haha)
Aquapazza is on sale at Best Buy for $23.99 and $19.19 with Unlocked. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aquapazza-playstation-3/1693188.p?id=1219060355386&skuId=1693188&st=categoryid$abcat0703002&lp=6&cp=1&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-8tB7BUIZJ4sANrFPP76bUQ

Well, they're about 96% done with ToV after getting quite a bit through Tales of Graces f before Namco decided to localize it for us.

Tales of Vesperia - PS3 - http://talesofvesperia.net/

Tales of Rebirth - http://www.talesofrebirth.altervista.org/

Tales of Destiny II - http://a0t.co/category/tales-of-destiny/

A lot of these sites don't give a lot of updates unless there is a substantial gain in progress.

Well, they're about 96% done with ToV after getting quite a bit through Tales of Graces f before Namco decided to localize it for us.

Tales of Vesperia - PS3 - http://talesofvesperia.net/

Tales of Rebirth - http://www.talesofrebirth.altervista.org/

Tales of Destiny II - http://a0t.co/category/tales-of-destiny/

A lot of these sites don't give a lot of updates unless there is a substantial gain in progress.
They are not working on Destiny II, it is Destiny Remake.

I don't have a lot of faith in those other projects ever finishing. They've been going for a while, and it kind of looks like there's no end in sight.

Figured I'd post this here since it's related to Hyperdimension Neptunia.

You can pre-order a replica of Neptune's console. It comes with 5 discs of music and some other stuff.

Cant seem to get the info page to translate right now, but here's the info link: http://5pb.jp/records/neptunebox/

Pre-order link: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-14809&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dhyperdimension%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

1476599_235374976634088_391098402_n.jpg

Got this info off a FB page someone made: https://www.facebook.com/HyperdimensionNeptuniaTheAnimation
Thanks for posting this! That's pretty neat.

My internal debate about whether it's worth $130 begins now. I wish they had a better picture of it.

Does anyone have a coupon for the NISA store?, im planing to get that CE and people have been offering in the pasf.
What kind of coupons do they have? Too late for me since I already preordered the Danganronpa LE and its oos now but would be nice to know for the future.

Is Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut out of print or something?
I'm pretty sure its out of print. I don't think anyone has new copies in stock online.

I just pre-ordered the Witch & the Hundred Knight LE cause knowing my luck if I wait too late it'll be gone. I'm surprised that Trigger Happy Havoc sold out as fast as it did too.

Thoughts on the Neptunia games? I have a friend who really hated them, but I may pick them up at some point during 2014 to increase my JRPG collection. That and just to make sure I can grab them before they become harder to find.

Thoughts on the Neptunia games? I have a friend who really hated them, but I may pick them up at some point during 2014 to increase my JRPG collection. That and just to make sure I can grab them before they become harder to find.
The first one is horrible. The second is okay but the frame rate issues were annoying. I never tried the third one so I can't say anything about that one.

Other the characters and dialogue,the first game is trash.Second game is worth playing since it fixes most of the issues of the first,and has a decent combat system,along with being much funnier. No thoughts on the third game,since I have yet to play it.

Other the characters and dialogue,the first game is trash.Second game is worth playing since it fixes most of the issues of the first,and has a decent combat system,along with being much funnier. No thoughts on the third game,since I have yet to play it.
From what everyone says:

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Great story, everything else is boring or bad.

Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2: Great story, fixes a lot of the broken mechanics from the fist game. Only real issue is the game puts the main cast from the first game as secondary characters.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Best in the series. Great game, great story, uses the original cast from the first game.

Also, word is that the 1st game is getting a reboot on the PS Vita this fall as Hyperdimension Neptunia: Rebirth. Supposed to use the game mechanics from the other, better received, games.

they rarely pop up on awd for a little bit cheaper than anywhere else but that's an option for those that care. if you had a jpn psn account and can travel back in time they had a demo that was pretty great I hear for the 3rd one.

personally the pedo vibe from the games along with the terribad gameplay of the first makes me have little to no interest in picking it up despite the great videogame references to the console warz 

Right on man. Glad to see them get a PS Vita port. I wonder if they'll have anything extra added to justify buying the game again.

they rarely pop up on awd for a little bit cheaper than anywhere else but that's an option for those that care. if you had a jpn psn account and can travel back in time they had a demo that was pretty great I hear for the 3rd one.

personally the pedo vibe from the games along with the terribad gameplay of the first makes me have little to no interest in picking it up despite the great videogame references to the console warz
I came to that conclusion, then bought the games anyways. For some reason Chris Hanson keeps coming by my house...

I hope we get the Neptunia Vita re-releases here.  I had been planning to play Neptunia Victory and skip the first two, but if they came out on Vita and were fixed/improved, I'd like to play them.

It's like the Atelier games, they don't drop that much. Wait there is another Atelier game coming out?
Atelier Escha & Logy is expected to arrive in Europe and North America in March. As far as I know, amazon preorder bonus is a costume for Escha while Gamestop has 2 costumes, one for each character. Don't know if any other retailer is going to have something special.

From what I've read about Atelier Escha & Logy it seems that it's geared to be two different types of stories. Escha is more of the alchemy story line they normally do and Logy will be more RPG oriented. Looks pretty decent from the stuff up on youtube. 

I haven't really kept up with the Atelier Games on PS3 (played about half of Rorona and got busy on other games), will probably pass on new Atelier for now (looks awesome though and I love the two protagonist system like Atelier Iris 2...though i'm sure it will be a bit different). I may just buy it to support the games, but yeah a low want for now.

The Guided Fate Paradox and Disgaea D2 are both down to $39.99, here's hoping they drop more... I want these, bad. As well as Disgaea 3 on Vita and Mugen Souls.

should of bought them when go hastings had that sale^ would of been around 27 something each (already factored in shipping but not tax). sadly the sale just ended finally after going on for what seemed like forever. I was so mad I missed atelier rorona and ar tonelico qoga 4 for 15 each they were gone like that (snaps)

I did manage to snag pokemon pearl for 8 and tales of vesperia for 12 new though so at least I got something.

Am I overlooking where Namco Bandai shows the release date for pre-ordered games on their site? I'm trying to confirm a couple of game releases but I don't see it posted on their site anywhere and I thought I had seen it previously. 

The Atelier game series has always caught my eye. I had Atelier Iris years ago, but just couldn't get into it even after putting in about 15-20 hours of gameplay. I think I was expecting a more traditional JRPG and didn't go into it with the right frame of mind. I have the last three Atelier games in my wishlist, but like Nitrosmob mentioned, they're low on my want list.

Atelier Escha & Logy will probably be a little higher on my want list if NIS comes out with a decent pre-order, I may go ahead and snag it. If not, then I'll wait for the price to drop some since my backlog of games is to the double digits. 

The bad thing about those games are they rarely see much if a price drop. They're released so often that getting them for $25 is a deal.

From what everyone says:

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Great story, everything else is boring or bad.

Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2: Great story, fixes a lot of the broken mechanics from the fist game. Only real issue is the game puts the main cast from the first game as secondary characters.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: Best in the series. Great game, great story, uses the original cast from the first game.

Also, word is that the 1st game is getting a reboot on the PS Vita this fall as Hyperdimension Neptunia: Rebirth. Supposed to use the game mechanics from the other, better received, games.
Now I kinda feel like playing them. Should I wait for the remake on the Vita to begin the series, or can I jump in now at #2?

Now I kinda feel like playing them. Should I wait for the remake on the Vita to begin the series, or can I jump in now at #2?
My friend grinded out the true ending and said the story was decent, but really the failing is the gameplay....just extremely repetitive (I played the games predecessor Trinity Universe and have heard the battle system is similar). I will wait for the Vita to play the 1st one, but the main characters from the first are side characters in the second so you should be fine.

You play as the younger sisters in an alternate universe from the first installment, so you should be able to hop into the second game. It will reference the first game, but I don't think it'll spoil it in any way that will keep you from enjoying HN-rebirth when it gets the PSVita release.

I did just read that Mk2 is getting released in Japan as Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 this coming March. So here's to possibly getting both localized for us Western gamers.

The Atelier game series has always caught my eye. I had Atelier Iris years ago, but just couldn't get into it even after putting in about 15-20 hours of gameplay. I think I was expecting a more traditional JRPG and didn't go into it with the right frame of mind. I have the last three Atelier games in my wishlist, but like Nitrosmob mentioned, they're low on my want list.

Atelier Escha & Logy will probably be a little higher on my want list if NIS comes out with a decent pre-order, I may go ahead and snag it. If not, then I'll wait for the price to drop some since my backlog of games is to the double digits.

The bad thing about those games are they rarely see much if a price drop. They're released so often that getting them for $25 is a deal.
NIS doesn't publish them anymore. Tecmo Koei owns Gust now and along with that the Atelier series. So it's unlikely that you'll see any kind of special edition or pre-order bonus if it's anything like what TK did with Atelier Ayesha.

I just noticed, but right now Raspberyl's DLC for Disgaea D2 is free on the PSN store.  I didn't get it while it was free last time, but looks like it's back on the store.  

Physical Copy of DJMax for the vita is back in stock on Play Asia for $39 with free shipping.

It's The Japanese version but if I remember correctly it should still be in English. It's not like you need it anyway. I've never seen the price drop below that. Get it because the game is amazing.

http://www.play-asia.com/djmax-technika-tune-best-hit-selection-paOS-13-49-en-70-6uv9.html

Amazon also has the Limited Edition for $37.33 + $4.00. Not sure of the quantity. Also it's used so it's probably only the game.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008EQEJFY/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1389166872&sr=8-11

On the topic of Ayesha is it worth playing. I have a $10 off coupon for gamestop and I'm thinking of either using it on Ayesha or Neptunia Victory.

On the topic of Ayesha is it worth playing. I have a $10 off coupon for gamestop and I'm thinking of either using it on Ayesha or Neptunia Victory.
You might want to wait for the Vita version. It'll have additional content, and most likely the Japanese audio. (Most of the time that's not an issue, but NISA's dubs are not that great and they're only partial ones which sucks.)

You might want to wait for the Vita version. It'll have additional content, and most likely the Japanese audio. (Most of the time that's not an issue, but NISA's dubs are not that great and they're only partial ones which sucks.)
I have to agree with you here. I've read and watched more favorable reviews on the games, so I say it's worth a check if you can get it for the right prince. Bad thing about Ayesha, is that the PS Vita version won't get its Japanese release until March 27th. So it'll be even more of a wait for the US release. Hyperdimension Neptunia on the other hand is slated for a Q2 2014 US release.

I have to agree with you here. I've read and watched more favorable reviews on the games, so I say it's worth a check if you can get it for the right prince. Bad thing about Ayesha, is that the PS Vita version won't get its Japanese release until March 27th. So it'll be even more of a wait for the US release. Hyperdimension Neptunia on the other hand is slated for a Q2 2014 US release.
Which Neptunia the Rhythm one? I think that's the only one I remembered getting slated for sure for a US release.

You likely should just wait for them on the vita if you have one. The second game doesn't tie to much to the first (while the first has a decent story most of it is just random video game related jokes) The first game is way way way more enjoyable story wise (I personally found the second game's story to be complete garbage until the last few hours) but the first game has some of the worst gameplay found in any rpg ever. The second game has a decent rpg system though (dare i say a bit above average) so the first game's story combined with the second games mechanics should lead to an actual decent JRPG instead of the rather below average games that the first two are.

I haven't gotten the motivation to play the third game, the second's story was so much worse than the first that I have been rather reluctant to start the third given the joke is likely dead, but I will play it someday... or maybe I will just continue to admire the tin, that is housing a tin, that is housing the game :p

Funny enough, most people view the 3rd installment as the best of the series thus far. I understand what you mean though. It's not like you're enthused to try the 3rd game after the first two were underwhelming. 

I also have the Hyperdimension Neptunia V special edition. I've gone back and forth about finally cutting the plastic wrapping, lol.

Funny enough, most people view the 3rd installment as the best of the series thus far. I understand what you mean though. It's not like you're enthused to try the 3rd game after the first two were underwhelming.

I also have the Hyperdimension Neptunia V special edition. I've gone back and forth about finally cutting the plastic wrapping, lol.
I too have heard that the third is the best, I've just been distracted by stuff like ni no kuni, dragon's crown, xenoblade, tales of graces, tales of xillia ect to give it a try, though it will be hard to open my special edition... last I checked it was worth a ton lol

just get the regular edition then and shut up about it -_- If I could open and play suikoden 2 then I'm sure you all could do something far less stupid than I did. opened it played it hated it and sold it for 15 bucks without thinking at all. this was when I was 10 though and I had no idea how much the game was worth at the time (somewhere around 150$.) did the same thing with the .hack games. of course I might of had some inkling how much they were all really worth if I didn't spend 9 dollars on all 5 of these games together.

now to be fair I didn't like rpgs when I was ten nor did I know what they were. only ones I had played were pokemon and mario so it wasn't until tales of symphonia that I got into the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back