Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you handed me a sealed Suikoden II right now I'd have the shrinkwrap off of it faster than you could blink.  I buy games to play, and seeing as that's one of my all-time favorite JRPGs I'd love to be able to play it again.

A year or two ago my best friend discovered he had the first two Shadow Hearts games still sealed, and decided he was going to ebay them.  I offered him something comparable in value in trade and he agreed, and I unwrapped them in front of him.  :p  

I too have heard that the third is the best, I've just been distracted by stuff like ni no kuni, dragon's crown, xenoblade, tales of graces, tales of xillia ect to give it a try, though it will be hard to open my special edition... last I checked it was worth a ton lol
I just recently finished Ni No Kuni and thought it was quite enjoyable. I logged somewhere around 78 hours and still have about 45% of the trophies to complete. I decided to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to break up the JRPG grinds and bought all three PS3 games since I never had played them. I still have Tales of Graces F, Tales of Xillia, and about 5 other JRPGs waiting in the wings. 2014 will be one busy gaming year!

Lol, I've considered buying a used copy as to keep my special edition sealed. :whistle2:k

Should have bought two copies then.
nah, in general I buy my games to play, and actually looking it up it dropped in price a lot (guessing it was due to the reprint to fix the errors on the first run cases) so it's not worth a ton anymore anyways... still don't have any reason to open it up until I am going to play it... which could be a while with stuff like xillia 2, demon gaze, daganropa, conception 2, tales of syphonia chronicles, the new atelier game, witch and a hundred knights, and the one piece rpg (I know it's not supposed to be good I won't be able to resist :p) coming this year.... and that is just what is confirmed for NA release... I mean phoenix wright vs layton (I know it has an EU relase for this year but i never get my hopes up for a PW release until it happens) will likely be this year, and a game like dragon quest 7 still has a chance. and of course the binding of isaac rebirth should be this year.... so many taste niche games this year @_@

If you handed me a sealed Suikoden II right now I'd have the shrinkwrap off of it faster than you could blink. I buy games to play, and seeing as that's one of my all-time favorite JRPGs I'd love to be able to play it again.

A year or two ago my best friend discovered he had the first two Shadow Hearts games still sealed, and decided he was going to ebay them. I offered him something comparable in value in trade and he agreed, and I unwrapped them in front of him. :p
to a young me that disliked it however I'd rather have the cash. now that I'm older I'd be more willing to retry it of course. I don't sell my games anymore. the .hacks and fire emblems are worth quite a bit even but I'd rather keep them just in case I feel like replaying them one day. still with 150 I could buy a large number of games back then so it does make me consider it a little how much I value the game vs whether I could profit off it now get even more games then pick it back up down the line possibly.

when fire emblem shadow dragon was trading in for 33 bucks on amazon It was a very close decision not to trade it in as an example.

And I'd totally let you play suikoden 2 but you'd have to put the shrink wrap back on when you're done as I keep my shrink wrap and the envelopes my games come in like a crazy person.

to a young me that disliked it however I'd rather have the cash. now that I'm older I'd be more willing to retry it of course. I don't sell my games anymore. the .hacks and fire emblems are worth quite a bit even but I'd rather keep them just in case I feel like replaying them one day. still with 150 I could buy a large number of games back then so it does make me consider it a little how much I value the game vs whether I could profit off it now get even more games then pick it back up down the line possibly.

when fire emblem shadow dragon was trading in for 33 bucks on amazon It was a very close decision not to trade it in as an example.

And I'd totally let you play suikoden 2 but you'd have to put the shrink wrap back on when you're done as I keep my shrink wrap and the envelopes my games come in like a crazy person.
I was very foolish and sold most of my PS2 games at one time. I needed the money for whatever reason and sold them to Hastings rather than sell on eBay and get more funds. Luckily, I was smart enough to keep my PS1 games and they're in pretty decent condition. Though with PSN releasing a lot of them, their worth has decreased considerably.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've gotten rid of way more than my fair share of games that I now regret...Tales of Destiny 1&2, Lunar 1&2, Valkyrie Profile...  I don't like thinking about it.  :p

I've reclaimed *most* of the PS2 games I had gotten rid of but wanted - most recently, from the same friend I bought all 4 of the original .hack games back.  I still need a few - the third Shadow Hearts (I didn't like the game really, but the completionist in me wants it), maybe the Ar Tonelico's and a few more I'm sure.  But overall I'm satisfied, and I've definitely learned my lesson.  

Oh don't get me wrong, I've gotten rid of way more than my fair share of games that I now regret...Tales of Destiny 1&2, Lunar 1&2, Valkyrie Profile... I don't like thinking about it. :p

I've reclaimed *most* of the PS2 games I had gotten rid of but wanted - most recently, from the same friend I bought all 4 of the original .hack games back. I still need a few - the third Shadow Hearts (I didn't like the game really, but the completionist in me wants it), maybe the Ar Tonelico's and a few more I'm sure. But overall I'm satisfied, and I've definitely learned my lesson.
Yeah I can top that. When I was young I used to get games for my birthday. On this one me and my mom went to walmart. I saw a copy of lunar silver star story complete for $40. Of course this is when I started understanding the value of dollars and went for a cheaper game so I picked out Star Wars Episode 1 the phantom menace. Even though I now own Lunar I still regret that decision because that game was ass. :joystick:

I regret selling a few of my Gamecube Games such as Zoids Legends, Custom Robo, and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Damn me. >< It's going to be a pain to get them now, unless I manage to find it in the wild. But with my luck, that is unlikely. 

I'm glad I still kept Gotcha Force though. 

I regret selling a mint Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for $60 (was like I'll rebuy this when its cheaper), mint Suikoden V for ~$40, and selling a complete Haunting Ground for around $25. These prices were before fees. I know I've made worse decisions but I'm trying to rebuy those for my collection at the moment.

Still on the fence with Nisa Witch and the Hundred Knights LE.  I have the $20 pre order at Amazon, and can't decide if this LE is worth 55 more to me.  And with the insane amount of games coming out around that time, I don't want to completely break my wallet.  :cry:

Hmmmmm, I could have sworn it said less than 25% remaining when I preordered last week.
I thought the same thing as well. When I went back and checked it said 75% remaining. I went ahead and pre-ordered it though...cause I'm Cloyd, and I'm an addict.

Still on the fence with Nisa Witch and the Hundred Knights LE. I have the $20 pre order at Amazon, and can't decide if this LE is worth 55 more to me. And with the insane amount of games coming out around that time, I don't want to completely break my wallet. :cry:
I'm going with both the cheap preorder and the LE. I mean, have you seen her stomach?

0QdACeE.jpg

If that's not worth a double dip, I don't know what is.

How did you get a $20 preorder at Amazon? I preordered May 2012 and I have a $40 price.
Back from when they price matched that Target sale. I think that was November. Even tho the sale was only for a hr or so, my total got auto adjusted a few weeks later to reflect the lower price it was due to their "Pre-order Price Guarantee" policy. Heard the price doesn't always reflect before shipping, so yours will probably be adjusted at some point too.

I regret selling a few of my Gamecube Games such as Zoids Legends, Custom Robo, and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Damn me. &gt;&lt; It's going to be a pain to get them now, unless I manage to find it in the wild. But with my luck, that is unlikely.

I'm glad I still kept Gotcha Force though.
I'm glad I collected most GC games when they were easy to find. I just got Pokemon Box and I only have a handful left to get.

I sold all my old games at Gamestop. This was...~6 years ago? I really wish I hadn't. I think I got like $70-$80 for the lot.

What games, you ask?

Earthbound

FF2 (US)

FF3

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Lufia 1+2

Lagoon

Secret of Evermore

FF7

FF9

FF1 (NES)

Crystalis

Zelda 1+2

smb3

dragon quest

Off the top of my head. I had ~25 SNES and around 30 NES. About 10 PSX games. A few Genesis. I recently saw Earthbound on sale for $160 at a local place. :(

I sold all my old games at Gamestop. This was...~6 years ago? I really wish I hadn't. I think I got like $70-$80 for the lot.

What games, you ask?

Earthbound

FF2 (US)

FF3

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Lufia 1+2

Lagoon

Secret of Evermore

FF7

FF9

FF1 (NES)

Crystalis

Zelda 1+2

smb3

dragon quest

Off the top of my head. I had ~25 SNES and around 30 NES. About 10 PSX games. A few Genesis. I recently saw Earthbound on sale for $160 at a local place. :(
Yeah...

What games, you ask?

Earthbound

FF2 (US)

FF3

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Lufia 1+2

Lagoon

Secret of Evermore

FF7

FF9

FF1 (NES)

Crystalis

Zelda 1+2

smb3

dragon quest

Wow thats rough. I think you estimation may be low because you probably could of got 3 times that in profit from ebay at that time.

What games, you ask?

Earthbound

FF2 (US)

FF3

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Lufia 1+2

Lagoon

Secret of Evermore

FF7

FF9

FF1 (NES)

Crystalis

Zelda 1+2

smb3

dragon quest

I bow my head for a moment of silence for our fallen comrades. I feel your pain, man. There's always a time when we part with games that end up being a rare find years down the line. It's not anywhere as close to your gaming quality, but I remember being strapped for cash and needing to make a truck payment. I sold my entire PS1 collection consisting of about 15 Squaresoft Black Label games, and 35 or so overall. Mostly JRPGs.

I bow my head for a moment of silence for our fallen comrades. I feel your pain, man. There's always a time when we part with games that end up being a rare find years down the line. It's not anywhere as close to your gaming quality, but I remember being strapped for cash and needing to make a truck payment. I sold my entire PS1 collection consisting of about 15 Squaresoft Black Label games, and 35 or so overall. Mostly JRPGs.
It happens to all of us. :( I had to sell off US Saturn collection including a like new Panzer Dragoon Saga to support me a little bit through college.

Ugh got an email from Chase that my CC was boned because of the whole Target thing and now I need to get a new one to re-order my Lightning Returns and FFX/X-2 CE's ._. After all of the cancelled Ni No Kuni pre-orders from DR I am assuming it is better to order again than to try and mess with their customer service to change the payment. 

I regret selling a mint Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for $60 (was like I'll rebuy this when its cheaper), mint Suikoden V for ~$40
Loved both those games. Sadly there was no Suikoden for the ps3...the DS one was the most recent I believe.

And because I don't want anyone missing out on it, the best mech sim and strategy rpg ever has been out for awhile with a fan translation: Front Mission 5 Scars of War. Melee and sniper mechs, it was awesome. Ok there's my shameless plug.

Loved both those games. Sadly there was no Suikoden for the ps3...the DS one was the most recent I believe.

And because I don't want anyone missing out on it, the best mech sim and strategy rpg ever has been out for awhile with a fan translation: Front Mission 5 Scars of War. Melee and sniper mechs, it was awesome. Ok there's my shameless plug.
Fire Emblem is my favorite series of all time and Radiant Dawn is just a pure gem. Its a shame I never got to play Path of Radiance though.

I regret selling a mint Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for $60 (was like I'll rebuy this when its cheaper), mint Suikoden V for ~$40, and selling a complete Haunting Ground for around $25. These prices were before fees. I know I've made worse decisions but I'm trying to rebuy those for my collection at the moment.
I somehow missed this post earlier - I learned my lesson w/ the Suikoden series at least after missing out on S2, never let 3-5 (&amp; Tactics) out of my hands. Even have the artbook for 5 - and that's probably my second favorite in the series. But I'm with you on Haunting Ground, that's another one I let get away from me. Was kinda shocked a few months back when I looked it up &amp; saw how much it was going for.

So with the Valkyria Chronicles 3 English Patch (around 90% translated atm) now available to download, it may not be a bad time to purchase a copy:

Nippon-Yasan - $36.20 + Shipping (?)

Yesasia - $41.99 + Free Shipping

Amazon $39.99 + $3.99 Shipping From AkihabaraGames

Note: The extra edition is the one required to use the English patch. Your PSN purchased copy will also work if you prefer to buy it that way.
pretty sure I know the answer to this (yes) but we absolutely need a PSP with custom firmware correct?

it'd be stupid to pay that much for tos when it will be readily available months after launch if the other ce's like xillias are any indication.

there isn't 15k tales fans that are willing to buy them all up. and even if that does somehow happen there's always awd and such sales.

Unless I missed something, AWD was the only place that has sold the Xillia CE for less than retail, isn't it?  I'd rather not go that route myself, but I wouldn't fault someone else who wanted to.  

namco's website had it on sale at least twice back in november and december and amazon had them popping up from time to time around 78 bucks. one was 35 with everything but the game oddly enough.

I somehow missed this post earlier - I learned my lesson w/ the Suikoden series at least after missing out on S2, never let 3-5 (&amp; Tactics) out of my hands. Even have the artbook for 5 - and that's probably my second favorite in the series. But I'm with you on Haunting Ground, that's another one I let get away from me. Was kinda shocked a few months back when I looked it up &amp; saw how much it was going for.
When I sold it I figured games are reprinted into oblivion so there isn't much holding onto these games. For the most part I was right but not these. I actually sold a new Tactics with 5 but I was able to rebuy it this year and only lost a couple bucks so that one isn't worth much at all. I also laughed when I saw new Xenosaga IIs going for ~$40 now when ya couldn't get rid of them before. I sold mine but it was an extra. At this point I might as well just get a complete one to play seeing as the loss in value would be like 3x the cost of getting a complete one. (Anything to justify me buying more games)

It was $99.99 when I went to Gamestop yesterday. They were still available for pre-order, well at least at my store.
Nope, I went in a GS two weeks ago to preorder it, and when the clerk went to process it, it said it was not able to, nationwide. If you call them to check, their system will say it's possible, but when you go through, it won't process.

thanks, but i will just wait till it is released, and bestbuy puts it on sale, so i can stack it with my 20% off from gcu.
I wouldn't count on BB. They most likely will only get enough for preorders. They don't really actively sell NIS games.

Nope, I went in a GS two weeks ago to preorder it, and when the clerk went to process it, it said it was not able to, nationwide. If you call them to check, their system will say it's possible, but when you go through, it won't process.
I was able to go preorder it yesterday with no issues. I was even able to pay it off in full. Maybe it is because I live in a smaller city with a small JRPG fan base and they had extra preorders left? Or maybe a few more preorders opened up?

Alternatively, GameStop may just not give me the game when I come to pick it up in a few weeks. Wouldn't be the first time Gamestop pulled something like that...

I thought Haunting Round was a fairly decent game and I still have it. Don't own the more expensive Rule Of Rose, though, but not too unhappy since I thought the game sucked.

There was a brief while it was available for 20-40 at target and Amazon automatically price matched. Those are gone, but you can still get it for $40 at best buy if you are an unlocked member. I'll be getting the NISA collector's edition so I'm okay with missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back