Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day for gaming for me. Have Lightning Returns CE, Guide CE, and Trigger happy Havoc all arriving tomorrow....and this is on top of me working on SMT4 and Bravely Default (both CE :p). Soooo much gaming goodness in so little time lol.

You sure you played Dangan Ronpa 1 and not Super Dangan Ronpa 2? Dangan 1 didn't have the plot or gameplay to even come close to hanging with Phoenix/999. And the character events were pretty worthless and a time-consuming grind.

I mean, it's worth a shot, I guess, but it ain't worth the hype.
I only played the first Dangan Ronpa so far. But I heard the 2nd one is much better than the first. So I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm in no way saying that Dangan Ronpa is equal to Phoenix/999 on every level it's not. Just that I personally enjoyed Dangan Ronpa as much as I enjoyed those other games. I really liked the energy of the courtroom battles.

Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day for gaming for me. Have Lightning Returns CE, Guide CE, and Trigger happy Havoc all arriving tomorrow....and this is on top of me working on SMT4 and Bravely Default (both CE :p). Soooo much gaming goodness in so little time lol.
CEs are evil. The big dumb boxes are just too alluring.

Deception IV: Blood Ties is up for preorder at bestbuy for both ps3/vita

Deception IV: Blood Ties Deception IV: Blood Ties
Thanks, now I see that it's also on PS3 I have to add that to the 15+ other games I'm interested in this year. Note: all last gen games, who needs new gen. That is until Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, and The Last Guardian are out. With The Witness, The Witcher 3, Deep Down, and The Order 1866 as bonuses, maybe The Division.

No CE for Deception IV? Phew! I won't have to spend $60. I will try to buy it new down the line since I'm happy they brought it over. I still need to try out the older games though but they (and this) look good.

Thanks, now I see that it's also on PS3 I have to add that to the 15+ other games I'm interested in this year. Note: all last gen games, who needs new gen. That is until Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, and The Last Guardian are out. With The Witness, The Witcher 3, Deep Down, and The Order 1866 as bonuses, maybe The Division.
you think deception IV might be hard to find, due to the # of retailers that is carrying it so far? Other than bestbuy, the other retailer that is selling it is walmart.com

you think deception IV might be hard to find, due to the # of retailers that is carrying it so far? Other than bestbuy, the other retailer that is selling it is walmart.com
Pre-orders are JUST starting. Give it a few days; Amazon, NewEgg, Target and all the rest will put it up soon.

I'd be much more worried about it being hard to find due to how niche it is and how long it's been since the last time an entry in the series was released. Anybody know how much, if at all, Tecmo Koei tends to exceed day-one demand on these sorts of titles?

Probably because NIS usually doesn't get their games to retailers until after the release date. Gamestop usually gets NIS games on the Wednesday or Thursday after the Tuesday release date.
I just order every NIS America game from their website. They have free shipping and when you spend $50 you get a $5 gift card, also their shipping is great to be honest. I usually get my game the day of or the day after, they also send them all in boxes with bubble wrap. I have ordered a lot from their website though so I am not sure if they treat people that frequently order different, I am sure that is not the case though as I couldn't see that happening at all.

I just order every NIS America game from their website. They have free shipping and when you spend $50 you get a $5 gift card, also their shipping is great to be honest. I usually get my game the day of or the day after, they also send them all in boxes with bubble wrap. I have ordered a lot from their website though so I am not sure if they treat people that frequently order different, I am sure that is not the case though as I couldn't see that happening at all.
Me too. I received my LE yesterday in fact. Having said that, some people wanted the BB 20% GCU discount on the standard version, so I was explaining why it might show as backordered.

Conception II shows as exclusive soundtrack and packaging on GS site, but has same pic of that content on BB site. Anyone know if all editions come with it no matter the store?

Looks like Kyle Hebert might have accidentally confirmed that the Danganronpa sequel will be released here, since he tweeted that he voices Kazuichi Souda, a character only found in the sequel and the tweet has since been deleted.

I'm on my phone, so I can't post a link, but there's an article at Japanator.com with a screencap of the tweet.

Probably because NIS usually doesn't get their games to retailers until after the release date. Gamestop usually gets NIS games on the Wednesday or Thursday after the Tuesday release date.
Yeah, I've heard about that. I'm hoping that's the case, and it wasn't just Best Buy screwing up and taking too many preorders. They didn't let me down with my Bravely Default CE preorders, but it looks like GameStop has DR1 already since it's showing up as available for in-store pickup, so I don't know what to think.

Looks like Kyle Hebert might have accidentally confirmed that the Danganronpa sequel will be released here, since he tweeted that he voices Kazuichi Souda, a character only found in the sequel and the tweet has since been deleted.

I'm on my phone, so I can't post a link, but there's an article at Japanator.com with a screencap of the tweet.
That would be awesome. The first one is really fun and I'd love to play the sequel.

Hey Blazblue Fans (if this hasn't been mentioned yet).

BB:CP will get a English Vita release and Xblaze has also been announced as well. Tnx, based Aksys, lol. (Both titles are scheduled to release summer 2014).

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/02/10/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-for-playstationvita-coming-summer-2014/

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/02/11/xblaze-code-embryo-coming-to-north-america/

Amazon only has X-Blaze shown for preorder ATM on both the PS3/PSV for $40 each. With a placeholder date for 6/24.

Here is the Article.

http://www.japanator.com/danganronpa-2-accidentally-confirmed-for-localization--31517.phtml

Definitely excited to hear.

BB:CP will get a English Vita release and Xblaze has also been announced as well. Tnx, based Aksys, lol. (Both titles are scheduled to release summer 2014).

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/02/10/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-for-playstationvita-coming-summer-2014/

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/02/11/xblaze-code-embryo-coming-to-north-america/

Amazon only has X-Blaze shown for preorder ATM on both the PS3/PSV for $40 each. With a placeholder date for 6/24.
Very surprised to hear about the localization. Hopefully, this means more games such as this get more localization.

Awesome, thanks! I'm definitely going to keep an eye on X-Blaze--hopefully it'll show up at Best Buy so I can get the GCU discount. :bouncy:

I only ask this because I'm insane: does anybody here know where the best price is for a copy of Trinity Universe available to be shipped? I don't care if it's new or used.

I only ask this because I'm insane: does anybody here know where the best price is for a copy of Trinity Universe available to be shipped? I don't care if it's new or used.
Best Buy has for $20 but good luck finding one there. I would say Gamestop would be the cheapest at $27 used and there are plenty on Ebay for around $30. You could also get the UK version for about $30 on amazon

Best Buy has for $20 but good luck finding one there. I would say Gamestop would be the cheapest at $27 used and there are plenty on Ebay for around $30. You could also get the UK version for about $30 on amazon
I already knew about Best Buy & Gamestop but sadly neither are available for shipping. Is eBay really the best option otherwise?

I already knew about Best Buy & Gamestop but sadly neither are available for shipping. Is eBay really the best option otherwise?
I would say Ebay beats the time to track down a store that has it. The game did not do well and is OOP, you might find a fellow CAG in the trade section that is willing to sell their copy but I would say its mostly for those who need to own every JRPG out there (which is most of those on this thread ;p).

I did find myself liking it a lot more than Cross Edge personally lol.

I'd actually *Play* the demo and judge the gameplay for yourself. It is fantastic.

if you didn't like FFXIII's characters before. This won't change your mind. But they've genuinely tried hard to make the game more open to please all the haters of FFXIII.

Irony that people still criticize about not liking the characters blah blah blah when if they actually cared about story they would've liked XIII to begin with since the entire game was about Character development.

Irony that people still criticize about not liking the characters blah blah blah when if they actually cared about story they would've liked XIII to begin with since the entire game was about Character development.
You and I must have played very, very different Final Fantasy XIIIs.

Snide one-liners aside, I found XIII's characters to be shallow, empty husks who possessed only the slightest of personalities. More power to you if you like the game, but people who don't like it, myself included, have some very valid complaints about its characters, script, and gameplay.

When Lightning Returns drops in price I am so buying this. I had a friend tell me about his experience and wow, I need to play it. The story is so amazingly bad.

Question, can you buy DLC for a game you don't own yet? I am gonna buy that Lightning Returns Japanese voices if so for future reference.

Purchased the japanese VO... thanks to the poster above for letting us know.

Does anyone know if target's steelbook packaging also comes with the generic blu-ray case inside?  I'm guessing that it doesnt, but I just wanted to be sure.  Anyone else other than the CE from Square have the steelbook?

I'd actually *Play* the demo and judge the gameplay for yourself. It is fantastic.

if you didn't like FFXIII's characters before. This won't change your mind. But they've genuinely tried hard to make the game more open to please all the haters of FFXIII.

isn't the demo misleading though as like ff13-2 it isn't going to be like that when you play the actual game? Not the best way to judge it if true. 13-2 demo was much more fun than playing the actual game and since they said blizzaga sp? isn't in the game till later I imagine that already makes for a less enjoyable experience.

basically their demos have been like food advertisements. dolled up to look better than what you'll actually be getting in my experience.

I likely wont buy Lightning Returns till it's about 15 dollars. Did buy the DLC though thanks for the heads up on that.

isn't the demo misleading though as like ff13-2 it isn't going to be like that when you play the actual game? Not the best way to judge it if true. 13-2 demo was much more fun than playing the actual game and since they said blizzaga sp? isn't in the game till later I imagine that already makes for a less enjoyable experience.

basically their demos have been like food advertisements. dolled up to look better than what you'll actually be getting in my experience.
The demo is the actual beginning of the game. The only thing is that the demo gave you and extra scherma to use that you don't get till after that boss fight. Demo actually doesn't tell you how annoyingly bad the game is with that clock is because nearly every side quest and main quest can be done at only a specific time of in the game.

Both of these demos are taken right from the final game. I loved XIII-2, and the demo is exactly what you get with the full game. I'm not far enough into LR to judge yet, but going by people complaints - which seem to be mainly story & the clock - the story hasn't been great in any of the XIII games so I'm not sure why that's a surprise, and some people just don't like time management in games. I get that. Majora's Mask is probably my second-favorite Zelda tho, so I love that kind of thing.

Demo actually doesn't tell you how annoyingly bad the game is with that clock is because nearly every side quest and main quest can be done at only a specific time of in the game.
Wise use of Chronostasis in the game negates the time issue. ;)

I likely wont buy Lightning Returns till it's about 15 dollars. Did buy the DLC though thanks for the heads up on that.
That's the route I'm going. XIII-2's price tanks (including on the CE) left a bad taste in my mouth. That's the last time I pay retail for a game I know's gonna be bad.

But I made an exception for Drakengard 3.

And uhh, I'll make an exception for bad NISA games with LEs too.
But that's it, I swear.

I liked both 13 and 13-2.  I didn't mind the time management in the Atelier games.

13-3 I'm not really liking.  I think it's because I'm so used to leveling up from combat.  Without that, it's like ... why am I fighting these things again?  Combat just feels like a chore to be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back