Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I Just got my copy of Danganronpa CE from USPS and no damages to report. It's a real shame and unfortunate to hear about what happened to your guys packages :/

I emailed them as well yesterday. Haven't heard back yet but I'm assuming they will reply in a reasonable time frame.
I sent them an email a few weeks before release to update my CC info, and it took several days for them to reply at first(3-4). After that, they got back to me each time within 24hrs.

Those who got theirs today, did your tracking info update to show it?
Mine has shown out for delivery all day, but my regular mail has come, but no packages. It still shows out for delivery, so I don't know what's going on. I've had packages shown delivered, and there not in my box, but then show up at more door later that day. I don't know where they come from, or who drops them off. During the holidays when the post office is busy, they use some guys for package delivery only, but I normally don't see that outside of the holidays. Well, hopefully it will show up today, but it's getting late so I may or may not see it.

My UPS man did just show up with a camera I ordered 2 weeks ago, and it was stuck back east for about a week due to the weather issues.

My Danganronpa seems to be behind schedule. It was set to be delivered yesterday (feb 12), but the tracker is still in Texas. I'm in California, so there shouldn't be any weather delays. Hmm.  

My Danganronpa seems to be behind schedule. It was set to be delivered yesterday (feb 12), but the tracker is still in Texas. I'm in California, so there shouldn't be any weather delays. Hmm.
logic dictates it has to ship east first all the way to somewhere like florida or pa then comes to you. or at least that's usually how my tracking works out @_@

Good News Everyone!

NISA just announced a couple of titles that will be coming out statside for this year.

Dangan-Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Fairy Fencer F

Battle Princess of Arcadias (PSN Store only)

No word on release dates and if they'll either be Retail and/or Digital, or Both, but it'll possbly be the latter, I'm guessing. (Also, no P-O info yet, just wait a couple of days or so.)

Good News Everyone!

NISA just announced a copuple of titles that will be coming out statside for this year.

Dangan-Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Fairy Fencer F

Battle Princess of Arcadias (PSN Store only)

No word on release dates and if they'll either be Retail and/or Digital, or Both, but it'll possbly be the latter, I'm guessing. (Also, no P-O info yet, just wait a couple of days or so.)
I assume that Disgaea 4 listing is for the Vita port?

My gosh 3 of my most wanted games (Fairy Fencer F, Danganronpa 2 and Battle Princess), and another portable Disgaea is awesome...! Too much good news today (I was happy with the Nintendo Direct as well....it's the year of the portables).

Really liking what I see of Fairy Fencer F.  Battle Princess of Arcadias sounds very interesting as well.  I need to get the first Dangan Ronpa so I can be sure I'll like it, but I expect to so I will put down a PO on the inevitable CE of the sequel when its announced so I don't miss the boat on it.  Disgaea I'll pass on, I'm getting them for the PS3 for my collection but I've never been a huge fan of the series so I don't need a portable version.  

Luckily my Danganronpa CEs came in the regular box they always use, so they were fine. Disappointed to read about the change in shipping packaging from others.

Yay :)

The Disgaea games on Vita are worth it because they contain ALL of the DLC from the PS3 versions, and there is a BUNCH of it... over $60 worth... so Vita is the way to go with those...

The Disgaea games on Vita are worth it because they contain ALL of the DLC from the PS3 versions, and there is a BUNCH of it... over $60 worth... so Vita is the way to go with those...
I opened up my Disgaea 4 LE for the figure, but the actual game is still sealed.

Really wish I traded it in when it was still worth something.

lol, i had to look up Battle Princess of Arcadias gameplay on youtube, it looks similar to dragons crowns with more japanese anime art style. too bad no physical release. only digital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF_Bk-4Fmo4

here is some gameplay video of Fairy Fencer F

*link*
Video title has cards. No longer need to watch video. Will buy game. NIS has gone from me not caring about there games for the last 5 years to having me buy/preorder a bunch in 2014 (and mostly for the Vita too!).

I still haven’t given up. ZE3 will definitely be released somehow, someday!

Well that makes me happy to hear. Considering that it is more successful in the West and Aksys is delving into developing games (and they published 999/VLR) maybe they should look into co-developing this game.

DanganRonpa had been listed as out-of-stock at Best Buy for the past few days, but it's available now.  $31.99 + tax if you have BB's Gamers Club Unlocked.

If you don't mind my asking, what happened with your Vita? :???:
My mom used my Vita for Skype and put the cable in backwards to charge, the whole USB port was stripped and broke inside/something snapped out. I did some research and saw that the usb port is soldiered onto the mother board so I decided to get it fixed from Sony.

I have been Vita-less since the end of November and finally got it back today after a ton of shipping delays and them taking a month to fix it <_< Now that I have it again Bravely Default is out and everything I bought for my Vita since Xmas is on hold.

I didn't notice before, but apparently I got an e-mail from Square Enix on the 11th telling me to cancel my Drakengard 3 pre-order so that I could get Lightning Returns as fast as possible.

...I didn't order Lightning Returns.

If I get charged for Lightning Returns, whether they ship me a copy or not, I'm going to be pissed.

Add me to the list of people who got the NISA bug this year. I've already purchased DanganRonpa, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and pre-ordered The Witch and the Hundred Knight. That's not counting the other 4 NIS titles I had to catch up on. I'll, no doubt, be ordering Mugen Souls Z, the rereleases of Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Fairy Fencer F when available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back