Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might jump on this if this is a physical release. Already have the 360 physical disc version, but the "overkill" part has me thinking the PS3 version might be the definitive version.
I'm relegated to the fact that most ps3 shmups are on PSN. If I want shmups, I will go to my 360... or TG16.

Well, from the comments below, it looks like A.T. 2 is gonna be both Retail/Digital, and will be looking into Dual Audio (currently JP voices for now), and they won't change a thing from the game itself (IE, no censorship), so yeah, another "sequel" port comes again, lol.

And cool for Raiden 4 on PS3, now if they would bring Caladrius over...>_>

One thing to note about Akiba's Trip 2 (also know as Akiba Strip 2 lol) virtually has nothing to do with the first game. Tom as said on the Xseed forums that there isn't really anything that you need from the first game to understand the 2nd game. Completely fresh start (and probably why they dropped the 2 from the title in the US release). Was not sure if this was discussed already so wanted to just point that out just in case!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/05/akibas-trip-undead-undressed-coming-north-america-summer/

Guys, Akiba's Trip 2, called Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, is coming to NA this Summer for PS3 and Vita. Whether it is Digital, Retrail, or both remains unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxDge9lItto

Teaser. Wish I knew how to embed videos.
My body is ready. I mean I can lay next to my sister, who runs the shop, in her bed I'm assuming plus stripping vampires....how could I not go for this? I'm still salivating about Deception vita being released at the end of the month.....vita getting so much love.

Edit: BTW after looking at a video for the game, does it look like it's almost a Yakuza like game though looks a lot less deep? That's cool and all, but also makes me really want Yakuza 5, Ishin, 1&2 HD........ This looks like a poor man's Yakuza, but still will be fun, and I will support it easily esp since it supposedly has a very accurate Akihabara if I remember correctly.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/05/akibas-trip-undead-undressed-coming-north-america-summer/

Guys, Akiba's Trip 2, called Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, is coming to NA this Summer for PS3 and Vita. Whether it is Digital, Retrail, or both remains unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxDge9lItto

Teaser. Wish I knew how to embed videos.

thought your just making up game names till i checked link

here a link too some game play footage if anyone interested in more then teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJc6aSjn0ak

Yeah, my early replacements where sent from Texas before they got their act together and I also got one shipped in the small box within the bubble envelope. I think this was when they first spoke to the warehouse, and this was their response. Obviously this was just as crap as the first shipping method, so items are still being damaged.

I contacted them directly by phone after this, and then I got my replacement sleeve direct from CA in a proper box. Due to their "ticket" system on their website, and their lack of proper updates to it, I got another replacement sleeve and a full LE set for exchange just last week, as they overlap themselves, as they never make proper updates to each persons account.

Both items where shipped direct from Texas, and both came in their own BIG box with tons of packaging. The full LE replacement even came with a prepaid shipping label to return my damaged set. So I can say first hand, that TX is shipping properly, but I can't speak for everyone. I would contact them again, as there is no harm in having them ship another replacement(if they still have any), as it's their "dime" and "time".
oh you had to go through multiple returns too? Blea guess i gotta call again to try to get this straightened out. Yea. That obviously is not a proper response to poor packaging! Im very uncomfortable about my pre orders with them now. I hear you about the ticket system. The reason i called them is i got no response after a week with the online/email thing. I suppose i'll have to call AGAIN and hopefully i can get a replacment shipped in one of those big boxes you speak of. Its just really frustrating to have a company youve bought stuff from for years suddenly try to save a couple bucks and totally fuck you over in shipping/packaging. Maybe i can keep one of the 2 damaged LE's i have now for all the hassle, we'll see. Im just really pissed that the person i talked to lied to me. She assured me it would be packaged properly this time.

At least he didn't call her a bitch; he's just describing her as one to us. Also, the video games are serious business thing is making a complete mockery of the point. Money is being spent, time is being spent, and a business is being run very poorly compared to how it usually is. I don't care if it's sealed containers of dirt and table crumbs, this shit gets frustrating.
This.. jesus christ guys, really? You NEVER promise a customer something if your not sure you can deliver on it. Thats like rule #1 of customer service. No obviously she didn't package it herself, i never said she did. The point is if she couldn't guarantee me that it would be packaged properly she should not have ... well guaranteed me that it would be packaged properly! Why shouldn't i be angry at someone who friggin lied to me? Im paying premium prices for Collectors edition items. They necessitate proper packaging to assure they arrive in pristine condition. People who buy CE's generally require them to.. you know be in collectable condition. NISA is fumbling the ball on this crap all up and down the field.

*sigh* well i'll have to call again this afternoon to try to get this straightened out. Hopefully i get the proper packaging Chris mentioned. Maybe i was on the ass end of the envelope garbage. Just need to bite my lip on how frustrated I am over this and remain calm like i did last time

Well, from the comments below, it looks like A.T. 2 is gonna be both Retail/Digital, and will be looking into Dual Audio (currently JP voices for now), and they won't change a thing from the game itself (IE, no censorship), so yeah, another "sequel" port comes again, lol.

I am so ready for this. I would've been fine with JP Voices only, but Dual Audio is icing on the cake. Been interested in the Game since its reveal and had been hoping for a localization. Gotta love Xseed. xD

*sigh* well i'll have to call again this afternoon to try to get this straightened out. Hopefully i get the proper packaging Chris mentioned. Maybe i was on the ass end of the envelope garbage. Just need to bite my lip on how frustrated I am over this and remain calm like i did last time
Yeah, there's no harm in trying again. I say go for it.

Good luck getting a sealed copy of Atelier Ayesha from gohastings. I saw that as well, but I passed since they've sent me opened display copies (with nice fingerprints on the disc) the last several times. There's also a note saying this is a 'new' display copy that has been repackaged with all the original contents (just like gamestop)

When you order 'new' items, they basically ship sealed copies first (if any), and then gutted display copies last. Fortunately, Atelier E&L copies should all be sealed
My copy of Ayesha arrived a bit ago and you weren't kidding. Thankfully the case and disc are in pristine condition but it still seriously irks me that they sold it as a brand new game. I expect that kind of bs from Gamestop; guess I'll have to cross GoHastings off as well.

At least my (likely) last purchase from them will be that sweet $20 Escha & Logy, hehe

You don't have to cross them off. just ask around the threads to see if they actually still have new sealed copies or not in stock. even when they list stuff used people have gotten sealed games so its kinda a crap shoot with them.

Well, ^ happens with Gamestop too. I 3/5~ of the "New" Games I bought from Gamestop were actually opened so I kind of doubted it was new. It did have the "New" sticker on the case meaning they gave me the display copy of the game. That isn't very new tho....

I just got that email from XSEED about AT2.  Watched some clips on YouTube and that game looks nuts - in a good way.  Definitely reminded me a little of Yakuza as well, to whoever said that earlier.  I'm in!  :D

Well, ^ happens with Gamestop too. I 3/5~ of the "New" Games I bought from Gamestop were actually opened so I kind of doubted it was new. It did have the "New" sticker on the case meaning they gave me the display copy of the game. That isn't very new tho....
When I went in to buy a new copy of Danganronpa at Gamestop, it was behind the counter and opened, with the game out in one of the yellow sleeves they put used DS games in. The employee told me they do this with all their new Vita games. This was the first game at GS that I bought new that I did not pre-order, so it was news to me. All the local stores tell me they toss all DS cases regardless of the game because they do not have the extra space to spare so it made no sense to me to do something like this (both game and case were behind the counter in drawers). Anyhow, after he retrieved the game and put it back in the case, he put a clear, round sticker to seal it shut, which he said was to indicate it was new (?). I all but begged him to not as I did not want sticky crap on my case but he insisted he had to. It was surreal as he put the sticker on, then immediately removed it for me before bagging so it would not have the sticker on there long in hopes to not get sticky crap on it.

When I went in to buy a new copy of Danganronpa at Gamestop, it was behind the counter and opened, with the game out in one of the yellow sleeves they put used DS games in. The employee told me they do this with all their new Vita games. This was the first game at GS that I bought new that I did not pre-order, so it was news to me. All the local stores tell me they toss all DS cases regardless of the game because they do not have the extra space to spare so it made no sense to me to do something like this (both game and case were behind the counter in drawers). Anyhow, after he retrieved the game and put it back in the case, he put a clear, round sticker to seal it shut, which he said was to indicate it was new (?). I all but begged him to not as I did not want sticky crap on my case but he insisted he had to. It was surreal as he put the sticker on, then immediately removed it for me before bagging so it would not have the sticker on there long in hopes to not get sticky crap on it.
I hate it so much, and if I don't get a new pre-ordered copy of a game at a Gamestop, I likely wont get it until it's extremely cheap later, just because of this. I want to take off the shrink myself, and if they don't provide that new game feel and quality of packaging/condition, I just wont buy there unless the price is right.

I hate it so much, and if I don't get a new pre-ordered copy of a game at a Gamestop, I likely wont get it until it's extremely cheap later, just because of this. I want to take off the shrink myself, and if they don't provide that new game feel and quality of packaging/condition, I just wont buy there unless the price is right.
I am the same way. I buy new, I expect a sealed copy. The only reason I went through with the Danganronpa purchase was because I was pretty hyped to play it right then and it at least looked new and did not look like it had been sitting on a shelf and handled a lot. I can't see myself going there for a new item again unless it is preordered. I have never had a problem with preorders. Of course, I am usually sitting there at the door when they open so maybe they just don't have time to open the preorders up for me!

I'm going to assume -as this is the case for the store I work at and others I go to- that it was their last copy, so it was gutted (when a game is removed from its case) for display. Gamestop isn't given blank cases, with the exception of promotional displays [that we have to keep up even if we don't have the item in stock]. The sticker has to go on the case as it is company policy due to the last copy not being sealed and needing to be in some way for the possibility of it being returned; a new game can only be returned/refunded if sealed. The employees don't make the rules, and if we break them, we get in trouble. And these days people are less likely to bend rules - it's not easy to get a job in the first place. Not sure why he took the sticker off immediately after as you could have since it was then your property, and therefore your decision to opt out of being able to return it. Also, you won't find much if any sticky residue from a sticker being on a case for a short while.

Oh and it was probably in a yellow sleeve because they ran out of or aren't supplied with white ones.

Well it may just be the Gamestop you work at but the ones I go to, those stickers, immediately after they put them I, I can't remove them. It WILL leave residue no matter careful I am will taking it out (I know the sticker is recently put on cause I bought a used copy of Strikeforce that was just sold to them earlier in the day as I was there before the sticker was put on). Sometimes I have luck taking out those crappy stickers using the heating trick but at the same time, I avoid using that trick cause I will damage the clear portion of the case of I don't do it properly/use too much heat. 

Hell, I'm going to be mad if my pre-order of Atelier E&L isn't sealed even tho I plan on returning it if goHasting decides to cancel my order last minute (Happened to me once on I think...Newegg?)

I'm going to assume -as this is the case for the store I work at and others I go to- that it was their last copy, so it was gutted (when a game is removed from its case) for display. Gamestop isn't given blank cases, with the exception of promotional displays [that we have to keep up even if we don't have the item in stock]. The sticker has to go on the case as it is company policy due to the last copy not being sealed and needing to be in some way for the possibility of it being returned; a new game can only be returned/refunded if sealed. The employees don't make the rules, and if we break them, we get in trouble. And these days people are less likely to bend rules - it's not easy to get a job in the first place. Not sure why he took the sticker off immediately after as you could have since it was then your property, and therefore your decision to opt out of being able to return it. Also, you won't find much if any sticky residue from a sticker being on a case for a short while.

Oh and it was probably in a yellow sleeve because they ran out of or aren't supplied with white ones.
I should have added, I did not blame the guy, it was clear that he was simply following rules. I really like all the employees at the two stores I use and I don't have an issue with them, rather the policies they have to sometimes follow.

If Akiba's Trip is digital only then I will wait for a price drop...then I'll wait for that price drop to go on sale.

:???:

I have a vita tv since I hear people talking about it. Here's my inpressions on it.

Pros:

Small like really damn small

Plays Vita Carts

Has 1GB built in memory

Plays all Ps1 and Psp games on the store

Games look good on my 32" tv

Fast Browser

Cons

Most video apps don't work.

Doesn't support DLNA from pc

Copying music and videos to it is really damn slow. Sony really needs to fix this.

Limited selection of vita games. (a lot of games don't work such as uncharted)

Built in memory doesn't work with a memory card inserted.

The UI needs an overhaul for tv's. I can't comprehend why they didn't update the interface. It's obvious this UI was made for touch.

In short if you are looking for a device to play videos and music you are better off spending your money on a roku. Right now this device is only worth it if you have a lot of japanese games. Or if you have carts that are compatible with the device. I will say this device really shows it potential if you can hack it. Playing dracula x chronicles on a big screen is so good.

I have a vita tv since I hear people talking about it. Here's my inpressions on it.

Pros:

Small like really damn small

Plays Vita Carts

Has 1GB built in memory

Plays all Ps1 and Psp games on the store

Games look good on my 32" tv

Fast Browser

Cons

Most video apps don't work.

Doesn't support DLNA from pc

Copying music and videos to it is really damn slow. Sony really needs to fix this.

Limited selection of vita games. (a lot of games don't work such as uncharted)

Built in memory doesn't work with a memory card inserted.

The UI needs an overhaul for tv's. I can't comprehend why they didn't update the interface. It's obvious this UI was made for touch.

In short if you are looking for a device to play videos and music you are better off spending your money on a roku. Right now this device is only worth it if you have a lot of japanese games. Or if you have carts that are compatible with the device. I will say this device really shows it potential if you can hack it. Playing dracula x chronicles on a big screen is so good.
If the Vita TV supported most of the Vita Games, I think it would be worth it.

Wish Sony had just added tv output to the vita instead, like with the psp.
I'll even take using the vita as a controller for the VitaTV with bluetooth! There Sony I got you your precious extra $100 and now I can every game! I have one but I haven't used it because you can't log in with US PSN accounts. I didn't know when I bought it but I still would have anyway. I want it has always been a good enough reason for me.

Oh and here is a list of supported games http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=1873

I went to go look for Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PS3) at Walmart and saw that it was either $25 or $30 (can't remember). It seemed like a bit much since I'm not sure I even want it. They had three copies when I checked, so if I changed my mind they should still have one. Anybody able to recommend it or describe the gameplay? I don't want to spend that much on something I might not like.
Yeah, I think someone previously mentioned it's $30 in-store. The digital ultimate edition (including dlc) is on sale on psn for $20. If you want the physical version, though, I would grab it since that game is out of production.

DP was reprinted once so it might be reprinted again. That being said I would just buy it at Walmart for $30 if I could. I panicked before the reprint and picked it up at GameStop. It was $30 used but it was complete and I used the 20% bday coupon and cashed in points for $10 off. So GS might be an option with the coupon and pur, etc.

Hmm... are blue labels the new standard for the PS3? I'm okay with that, I guess. It's more tolerable than changing the case color to an ugly ass flat red or gray and putting a big ass PLATINUM HITS on the cover.

Also... no OST? Lame.

Mugen Souls Z is up for preorder(http://store.nisamerica.com/Preorders/Mugen-Souls-Z-Limited-Edition), I'll be buying one, even though I should know better after the last one.

Also, I didn't know PS3 games had blue labels now.
Hmmm 20 dollars more for some keychain, an artbook, a poster (this will likely be very nice and worth it if it's anything like the Totori one I got a while back) and a box....where is the OST!!!! Ugg not the best CE, and I need to play the original, but I may get it, the blue looks all interesting though...i'm ok with it though. Also no bath towel.....double uggg..

Can a fan of Mugen Souls convince me why it's awesome?

Not trolling, I just really don't know anything about Mugen Souls and we all know reviews for these games typically aren't very helpful. Are they fun?

Now for the big question, will this LE of MS-Z actually sell out than original Mugen Souls? Also, $70?, MS's LE (not including nendroids), is $65, but hey, if the niche and NISA fans want it, lol. :3

Also, lol, Blue Labels again, trying to stay consistent with the PS4/Vita cases, and such.

Not a huge fan of the first game honestly i played about 2 hours and it's alright but felt kind of like amateur hour, also supposedly it's full of bugs and such. I will play again, but supposedly this newer game is at least a bit more clean and such. It doesn't look a lot more polished, but it could be. I really doubt the LE will sell out will probably get to around 50% i 'm guessing.

Now for the big question, will this LE of MS-Z actually sell out than original Mugen Souls? Also, $70?, MS's LE (not including nendroids), is $65, but hey, if the niche and NISA fans want it, lol. :3

Also, lol, Blue Labels again, trying to stay consistent with the PS4/Vita cases, and such.
Hm, I'm guessing the print run will be much lower than the first game. :D

Yeah I'm also skeptical about Mugen Souls LE Z as I was also a sucker that got the nendroids version on release.  It'll likely won't sell out so I'll wait for the holiday sale to get 30%+ off.

I check Namco's site, and it seems JJBA: ASB has preorder DLC if ordered prior to March 6.  The exact language:

PLEASE NOTE: If you have pre-ordered JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle prior to March 6th, you are automatically eligible to recieve this exclusive DLC content.

I don't think Amazon is getting anything, and no idea if that notice was just to say all pre-March 6th preorders through Club Namco will get the DLC so if there are leftovers other orders will too or ONLY pre-March 6 orders will get it.

Yeah I'm also skeptical about Mugen Souls LE Z as I was also a sucker that got the nendroids version on release. It'll likely won't sell out so I'll wait for the holiday sale to get 30%+ off.

I check Namco's site, and it seems JJBA: ASB has preorder DLC if ordered prior to March 6. The exact language:

PLEASE NOTE: If you have pre-ordered JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle prior to March 6th, you are automatically eligible to recieve this exclusive DLC content.

I don't think Amazon is getting anything, and no idea if that notice was just to say all pre-March 6th preorders through Club Namco will get the DLC so if there are leftovers other orders will too or ONLY pre-March 6 orders will get it.
I read somewhere Amazon gets one DLC character and Namco store gets another DLC character. Saw it earlier today. Link is here http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/06/jojos-bizarre-adventure-star-battle-hits-north-america-april-29th/ .

Yeah I'm also skeptical about Mugen Souls LE Z as I was also a sucker that got the nendroids version on release. It'll likely won't sell out so I'll wait for the holiday sale to get 30%+ off.

I check Namco's site, and it seems JJBA: ASB has preorder DLC if ordered prior to March 6. The exact language:

The Club Namco page currently says at the top of the story section "Pre-order at ClubNamco.com now to secure the exclusive character DLC - Yoshikage Kira", so that notice is just telling people who pre-ordered before March 6 that they don't have to re-pre-order or some such.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/productID.296650600

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back