Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
People are saying the amazon pre-order bonus was false as well and they are not shipping it with the Enchanted Witch costume

Had my pre-order cancelled too, and no e-mail about it. And I also had the Final Fantasy XV pre-order for $40 canceled as well with no e-mail. It was wishful thinking that was actually going to be fulfilled anyway.

Had my pre-order cancelled too, and no e-mail about it. And I also had the Final Fantasy XV pre-order for $40 canceled as well with no e-mail. It was wishful thinking that was actually going to be fulfilled anyway.
Some people did get emails for the FFXV cancellation, though, plus a $5 off coupon, and that was a worse error (the presence of the FFXIV UPC proved that that was never supposed to be FFXV), so that isn't exactly the same thing.

If not for this thread I would not have known about cancellation. Here I was excited about playing it soon.

So has anyone been charged for their order yet for gohastings. My order hasn't been canceled but I also haven't been charged yet.
Are you sure yours hasn't cancelled? It's easy to overlook - the order status will still say something like "in progress" but next to the item description it will say "cancelled".

People are saying the amazon pre-order bonus was false as well and they are not shipping it with the Enchanted Witch costume
Is this true ? I ordered it from Amazon without even knowing that there were pre-order bonuses for GameStop or Amazon. I also have Amazon Prime and my order is not being shipped out until today, the release date for the game. Every other game gets shipped out before hand so that they may arrive on the release date except niche games like this. It is kind of upsetting, I wish NIS America didn't lose the rights.

Picked up my Escha with the DLCs. Time to play~

Dammit the game is already urking at me. They changed Linca's voice from a...mature women in Ayesha to a super shy young girl in this one =/

Are you sure yours hasn't cancelled? It's easy to overlook - the order status will still say something like "in progress" but next to the item description it will say "cancelled".
It still says in progress. I just don't like surprise charges so I wish they would hurry up and either cancel or process it.

For some reason BB is showing Atelier Escha as shipping next week (3/18).  They haven't charged my card other than the initial pre-auth or updated the ship date so I guess they are just getting the game a week late.

Lol, gohastings sent me an e-mail telling me that Frozen is out, but not a cancellation e-mail for the new atelier game. Have never bought from them before and probably never will now.

Finally got a cancellation email (the day of release, too). Got a "sorry!" email and a $5 off coupon for a new game $39.99 or more.... anyone want mine? I won't be using them again :/

Edit: Taken!

Lol, gohastings sent me an e-mail telling me that Frozen is out, but not a cancellation e-mail for the new atelier game. Have never bought from them before and probably never will now.
I just received an email from them about it with $5 off coupon on game over $39.99. Still irritated that they waited so long to cancel and then to inform us of it, but $5 coupon was unexpected.

I just got the same email, it doesn't expire until the end of the year, so I'll probably use it on a new release. Maybe Dangranronpa 2 or Deception IV. 

So is everyone only mad at GoHastings for not sending them a cancellation email or the fact that they actually cancelled $20 Pre Order of a $50 Game?

Both. Like... if I hadn't checked this thread, I probably would've been waiting and waiting for the game to arrive, for it to never show up, because I don't have a gohastings account. I did it as a guest checkout.

Okay they just sent me an email regarding the cancellation finally. 

sorry.png

That being said, what ticked me off about this thing was not that it got canceled (Was expecting it because there is no way such as small store would be able to accept THAT many pre-orders), but they fact they they decided to not cancel it until the day they were suppose to ship it. So I go check, expecting a change to shipped, not canceled...

What gohastings has done is kind of a bait and switch tactic by cancelling orders then emailing you a $5 off coupon on a purchase of $39.99 of some other item which is a bad business practice.

Finally got a cancellation email (the day of release, too). Got a "sorry!" email and a $5 off coupon for a new game $39.99 or more.... anyone want mine? I won't be using them again :/

Edit: Taken!
Yea. Mine got canceled too and I won't be using them again. This is just stupid. I wish they canceled it sooner so that I would have gone down to the story and bought it today.

It seemed like it was a flash sale for the game. The promo code for free shipping was "earlybird" which gave the impression it was for the first X number of customers.

Okay they just sent me an email regarding the cancellation finally.

sorry.png

That being said, what ticked me off about this thing was not that it got canceled (Was expecting it because there is no way such as small store would be able to accept THAT many pre-orders), but they fact they they decided to not cancel it until the day they were suppose to ship it. So I go check, expecting a change to shipped, not canceled...
They were probably scrambling to figure out what their next move is this whole time, and figured they had until the day of release to find a solution.

Anyways, we should have been told when they discovered the error and not at the point it was too late to preorder from another store. If they had sent a cancellation email late last week, or even on Monday I wouldn't have been too shocked. I ended up getting a digital version, but if that's how they're going to run their store, they won't be getting my business.

Sending the coupon this late is all about the timing. Since the game costs the same wherever you go and the bonuses no longer apply, they're hoping people will go "at least it's $5 cheaper here" and still buy from them.

That sucks about the Atelier game. They should have canceled once they have discovered said error.

Amazon is still keeping my Witch and the Hundred Knights $20 glitch so I am defiantly going to keep that. The game looks $20 bad for me, lol.

What sucks is within two weeks I got FFX, Witch and the Hundred Knights and the Stein's Gate VN coming out and that's not even considering the Diablo III expansion.

Yea. Mine got canceled too and I won't be using them again. This is just stupid. I wish they canceled it sooner so that I would have gone down to the story and bought it today.
Why didn't you do that anyways if you really cared? I'll often preorder games from multiple sources @ full price, and skip picking up/cancel preorders or return things as needed. Even if you tear open the first copy you receive, this game is identical from every retailer, so you could mix around your returns if you really needed to. You only have yourself to blame for not getting the game.

Just got charged for my order from gohastings. Now to see if they will follow their word and credit me. Also I want that Demon's Gaze collector's edition. Hope it will stay in stock until I get paid friday.

Also I want that Demon's Gaze collector's edition. Hope it will stay in stock until I get paid friday.
NISA doesn't officially charge until close to shipping(if you use CC), so if you don't want to miss out, just order now and make sure you have the funds when the time comes.

Just got charged for my order from gohastings. Now to see if they will follow their word and credit me. Also I want that Demon's Gaze collector's edition. Hope it will stay in stock until I get paid friday.
Why would their honor their word? It's not like they are a reputable company.

I don't trust words of customer representatives, I only trust actions. So if someone said i'll credit this, I will be ok do it and wait for it and if it doesn't happen shortly after the conversation (a few days at most) I will call and get it going again. The way they make you wait till shipping is ridiculous. Should have fixed it right then and there in the order and then cancelled it with the rest of us:). Not good customer service IMHO is all.

When was the last you played? From what I heard, the PC version is a lot better since they got rid of the Auction House.
I stopped playing quite a few months ago as well. Didn't help I was a barbarian and was very underpowered while my friends where Wizard and Witch Doctor which trumped me in not taking damage as well as doing damage. Seems they've buffed that class pretty recently, although my friends and I are pretty much done with the game. Was fun for a while, but got repetitive and the expansion is just not exciting me, though I will get the expansion once it's 15 or so.

When was the last you played? From what I heard, the PC version is a lot better since they got rid of the Auction House.
Auction House is still there for another week (Disappears the 18th I think?). However drops were greatly changed in the 2.0 update, which also made Legendaries Bind on Account. No word on if this is temporary or not until the Auction House is fully gone. Also Rares and Legendaries drop a lot more frequently and Legendaries are scaled to your level and class now as well (as of the time they dropped). Meaning you won't get strength as a Wizard unless it has every stat on it.

Yeah, it was back before all the changes. I bought it on release day. I've got such a huge backlog, but at some point I'll go back to it. Probably when the expansion goes super cheap at some point.

Just got charged for my order from gohastings. Now to see if they will follow their word and credit me.
I just checked; no charges on my account. I'll be watching, though.

People still play D3? I couldn't even finish Nightmare, I got so bored of it.
They fixed the game. Now you actually get usable gear pretty regularly. I stopped playing like 2 months after it came out but the new patch fixes a lot of the game's problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back