Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, Shipwreck on this week's CAGcast really has me conflicted on Witch & the Hundred Knight.  He peaked my interest when he said it was basically Diablo, but when he mentioned the story involving bestiality & rape I backed away a bit.

Boy, Shipwreck on this week's CAGcast really has me conflicted on Witch & the Hundred Knight. He peaked my interest when he said it was basically Diablo, but when he mentioned the story involving bestiality & rape I backed away a bit.
it's not that bad. It's more really dark humor. Though if you're sensitive I can see how it would offend.

Hah, you obviously haven't seen it: easily 70-80 games (console and portable), some of which are still shrink-wrapped. :lol:
it was kinda obvious he was joking when he said pinnochio you know the puppet who's nose grows cause of constant lying?

and yeah I know the feeling. my ayesha among like 1/4th of the games in my backlog were still shrink wrapped though some of them I opened cause I'm obviously an evil abomination.

Damn Witch is coming out soon? Still only halfway to platinum on Escha :(

20% of Play-Asia is weird because it doesn't included every in-stock game. Wanted to pick up Samurai Warriors 4 Jp but its showing up as full price

20% of Play-Asia is weird because it doesn't included every in-stock game. Wanted to pick up Samurai Warriors 4 Jp but its showing up as full price
It's not in stock that's why it's not discounted. It has to be able to ship within 24 hours to receive the discount. Ships within 1 week is not readily available. You're in the same boat I'm in with Initial D Extreme Stage.

I considered picking up a 64gb Vita stick ($111 down to $89) but I don't play that many games at once anyway, so that'd just be an anti-CAG move.

Finally got my J Stars Anison version. No idea what the fuck the post office worker was smoking when he said they closed at 7pm today, had to wake up before noon

Isn't that...normal? My local post offices close at 7pm weekdays and 6pm weekends.
Nope, 12PM here. About to fall back into a coma, I can't deal with hours before noon without being grumpy.

As far as being localized, I seriously doubt it. Even then, it'd likely be like a year or so just to see a digital version if it did happen. But like Chrono said, we are 0/2 so far for Jump games. At best, stores like Fry's might sell them. (I know a friend got Jump Ultimate Stars there, I remember Best Buy even sold import games for a short bit lol)

Really? Sucks! Would have bought the game full price. Oh well. Guess il be importing that.
It's the licensing issue. So many licenses to work out deals for for all the different characters. Not worth the hassle/expense for the publisher to bring state side. The good news if this one is anything like the last two releases it will be super popular and will be a relatively cheap game to import if you wait on it. The DS games are easily obtainable still despite being out of print now. I'd buy it now myself but I'm buying Super Robot Wars Z 2 and 3 for PS3 (through that nice bundle deal they have right now) as well as the Vita version for #3 and I'm going to go way over budget this month as it is. I'm going to have to wait until the next sale and hope that J-Stars Victory gets included in it.

yep plus some of them may not even have licenses in na.  Half of the series in it already ended years ago in na or are like one piece and dvd only.

Yeah that was my initial thought. Hopefully my friend's trip to japan will push through next month. Il probably just ask him to me a copy there. Hehe!

Well, if Bamco is pushing for Jojo ASB overseas, J-Stars might have a chance, I mean, we had unusual localizations for fighters and the like (I.E. Aquapazza), so yeah, who knows.

I am more optimistic that J-Stars will get localized. There was a trademark filing at the same time as One Piece Unlimited World Red that sounded a lot like a J-Stars localization. 

I am more optimistic that J-Stars will get localized. There was a trademark filing at the same time as One Piece Unlimited World Red that sounded a lot like a J-Stars localization.
The more the better, that just looks like a fun party type game fighting game, though i'm sure it's "deep" as well. I know the One Piece stuff, even though I don't read the manga as often, is good fun most of the time.

J-stars victory should be localized! Hope it does well in abroad to get more attention here. Man i grew up watching the shows and would love to play this with my son.

Got it yesterday in the mail. I preordered it when bestbuy had b2g1 free on games so now I have time split between Tales, Atelier, ffx hd and now Witch...so little time and too many games.

I don't see it happening but anything is possible. It's the same reason why you won't see "Super Robot Taisen" come out in the US (unless it's "Original Generation" because those are original creations), there are too many licenses for that series alone.

There are way too many manga licenses involved with J-Stars...

If only things were much lax like video game collaborations such as "Project X Zone" or "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom". It's cool to see Bandai Namco, Capcom and Nintendo continuing video collaborations with characters from different video game franchises.

But when it's derived from multiple manga/anime, it's tough. And I can also foresee English dub fans wanting to make sure the original voice actors from the VIz and Funimation anime series, do the voice for those characters. It's known that the Japanese studios want control over who was cast for the anime series for their Japanese counterparts for major series such as "One Piece" and "Naruto" and the complexities in licensing, voice acting, getting the music licenses (the game uses music that was used in the original anime series, thus the promotional hype over the anison tie-in) would be difficult.

But hey, I would love to see these collaboration games localized. But for now importing them is the way to go and fortunately, the import games will play on NA PS3 and Vita systems.

problems being for one piece and naruto neither of them are close to jump in na as both were cancelled numerous times and one piece is going on dvd only.  I don't think they even have va's for alot of stuff outside the main casts.

Awesome, too bad not the collector's edition though. Just when I was about to settle for digital river, they end up selling out. It must have been a sign to not get anything from the SE store...

Maybe this has been posted, but I just found Drakengard 3 listed on Amazon (so much for SE exclusivity?):

http://www.amazon.com/Drakengard-3-PlayStation/dp/B00J6DLPLK/ref=sr_1_25?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395537456&sr=1-25
Well, that's...a relief? Thanks for posting that.

Now what to do with my SE Store preorder of two CEs (for which I have yet to change the payment method because the Digital River escalation employee I've been trying hasn't been there to pick up the phone :bomb:)? I'm all but certain that going with Amazon would result in missing out on the "waves" of preorder bonuses, but is that worth suffering Digital River? The CE will most likely remain SE-exclusive, and I think there's enough value to justify the $79.99 price, but again, is it worth Digital River? :whistle2:k

Out of curiosity, how would one go about canceling a preorder from the SE Store?

Now what to do with my SE Store preorder of two CEs (for which I have yet to change the payment method because the Digital River escalation employee I've been trying hasn't been there to pick up the phone :bomb:)? I'm all but certain that going with Amazon would result in missing out on the "waves" of preorder bonuses, but is that worth suffering Digital River? The CE will most likely remain SE-exclusive, and I think there's enough value to justify the $79.99 price, but again, is it worth Digital River? :whistle2:k

Out of curiosity, how would one go about canceling a preorder from the SE Store?

you are still dealing with digital river in the end, because that is what most likely SE will refer you to.

Well, Amazon started selling the FF14 CE which was SE store exclusive, so I have my fingers crossed that they also get an allotment of the D3 CE.

So out of random curiosity I decided to check around to see if the Tales of Xilia CE was available and to my surprise Best Buy apparently still has it new for the original MSRP. I'm half tempted to get it, but I'm still hoping to pick it up cheaper (even with GCU it's still $79.99). Hopefully there is someone out there that still wants this that might see this post. I didn't want to make a new thread so the hardcore JRPG fans that look at this thread get a chance before the flippers do.

Finally got a chance to start playing J Stars, heres some impressions

-Holy crap this game is awesome

-Reminds me of a mix of those Gundam Vs games, and something like Powerstone or Anarchy Reigns

-Japanese everywhere

-Game is way more technical than it looks

So out of random curiosity I decided to check around to see if the Tales of Xilia CE was available and to my surprise Best Buy apparently still has it new for the original MSRP. I'm half tempted to get it, but I'm still hoping to pick it up cheaper (even with GCU it's still $79.99). Hopefully there is someone out there that still wants this that might see this post. I didn't want to make a new thread so the hardcore JRPG fans that look at this thread get a chance before the flippers do.
good luck with that as you're 2 months late for that boat. Cheapest it went was 40 new back in either december or january maybe both.

Really? Wow. Never saw it get that low. Might have actually bought it for $40. No biggie. Considering you can pick up the game itself for seemingly $15 pretty regularly the price would have to come way down for most anyone to buy it now.

EDIT: Can't find a thread on it. Was it mentioned in another thread?

I think he's thinking of when Namco had a 40% off deal on this and it was 59.99. I don't think it ever was 40 bucks. Best deal was when BB had a buy 2 get one free on new games. Buy 3 of them and have the GU discount (though you run the risk of being banned if you bought a copy earlier)

Good news on Amazon getting Drakengard. Wonder if they'll get the CE. Depending on if pre-order bonuses are announced, I may cancel SE Store.
It's a good move on their part to have the Vanilla version on Amazon. I'm assuming they will only have the CE at their store like FF: LR. Seems like they are trying to get more people to buy there. I think that's the only way they will lol

[quote name="SgtWiggles" post="11634145" timestamp="1395547056"]Finally got a chance to start playing J Stars, heres some impressions

-Holy crap this game is awesome
-Reminds me of a mix of those Gundam Vs games, and something like Powerstone or Anarchy Reigns
-Japanese everywhere
-Game is way more technical than it looks[/quote]

I read Powerstone. I now want this game even more!

It seems like they are selling Mugen Souls Limited + Figure Set and Limited Edition on sale again for $49.99 & 39.99.

I still haven't picked it up and I know there was a sale like this last time but I'm still not sure.

I think I might get Mugen Souls Z though since its a bit more polished. 

But anyway for anyone who might want to pick it up its on the Nis America Store

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives

Dunno where the Power Stone comparison comes from. It's just those DBZ/Naruto games with different characters in it.
The Naruto Storm series and this are totally different games. Storm is super fast paced and extremely shallow (Not to mention broken ass characters that completely wreck the majority of the roster), barely 2-3 combos per character, and no hidden moves or anything. Just Naruto alone in this game feels more fleshed out than he does in his own series.

Maybe it is closer to DBZ, but the only ones I have played lately are Raging Blast and Battle of Z (I never liked the Budokai Tenkaichi series). I still think it has that feel of a Gundam Vs game or something.

It seems like they are selling Mugen Souls Limited + Figure Set and Limited Edition on sale again for $49.99 & 39.99.

I still haven't picked it up and I know there was a sale like this last time but I'm still not sure.

I think I might get Mugen Souls Z though since its a bit more polished.

But anyway for anyone who might want to pick it up its on the Nis America Store

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives
Dunno if I should thank you or curse you for this. :p I bit, I'll sell my stand-alone game on ebay to recoup some of the cost.

To those who have the Dark Souls II CE is it worth it? I got one from Amazon for $75 and am thinking of canceling it if the stuff isn't worth it. I bough the Black Armor Edition for ~$50 and its still sealed so I should be be able to get that money back? Is it worth the extra $20-25? Then again I have the Demon's Souls CE, Dark Souls CE,  and both Dark Souls guides. I think I just talked myself into keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back