Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrono Phantasma is probably the last Blazblue for now as Arc System Work is moving on to Guilty Gear.
They're not "moving on" as much as they're "reviving". The creator of BlazBlue has already stated that he's interested in doing a next-gren BlazBlue.

Chrono Phantasma is probably the last Blazblue for now as Arc System Work is moving on to Guilty Gear.
Yes, for now...as mentioned in the end of this article:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/03/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-producer-bringing-blazblue-different-consoles/

I have had the Japanese LE since November so I'm holding off double-dipping BBCP until the domestic Vita release. As for Nendos, Rachel was tough to assemble for me as well. I like it so much that I ended up getting Noel (from BBCS LE) and preordered BB Alter Memory Blu-ray LEs since the last two volumes (5 & 6) will have Ragna and Mu-12. FYI, those Blu-ray LEs each come with a code for 4-6 extra stages and 4-6 BGMs. Dunno if the US release will get/have those extras as well.

They're not "moving on" as much as they're "reviving". The creator of BlazBlue has already stated that he's interested in doing a next-gren BlazBlue.
Yeah, but I don't really see the series going far considering BlazBlue's story is already 80% done up to CP. Would be nice to see a BBxGG crossover though.

BlazBlue as a PS3 game is pretty much done. The next game won't be out for another 2 years and by then the PS3 will be on its last leg. PS4 BlazBlue will be running a new engine.

was just trying to organize some of my games and noticed something. I guess i never picked up a regular version of Atelier Meruru. I have the CE but dont really plan on opening that. I tried glancing online but it seems GS doesn't have it anymore, and Amazon only has it listed through 3rd party sellers for around 29 bucks. Did it drop much lower than that, or is that about what i should expect to pay for a new one? Not too thrilled with getting it through a 3rd party seller on amazon, ive gotten some crap from them in the past

I am tempted to open the damn CE but i will have to restrain myself. I want that damn Barrel T-shirt, hah.
Just buy it straight from NISA for $30 shipped. http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Atelier-Meruru-PS3-Standard-Edition

Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate (PS4)

Koei Tecmo announced that its hack n' slash action game Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate [Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate] will be coming to PS4 on June 26, for 6800 yen retail or 6000 yen download. The PS4 version will have improved visual, background and lighting effects, and the PS4 version is capable to display over 150 characters on screen simultaneously. The game will support Cross-Save and Cross-Play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

http://the-magicbox.com/1403/game140325a.shtml

Really?  Why PS4 ??

Koei Tecmo announced that its hack n' slash action game Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate [Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate] will be coming to PS4 on June 26, for 6800 yen retail or 6000 yen download. The PS4 version will have improved visual, background and lighting effects, and the PS4 version is capable to display over 150 characters on screen simultaneously. The game will support Cross-Save and Cross-Play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

Really? Why PS4 ??
Sweet... my Vitas will be put to use on ps4!!

Project Diva 2 will  be a physical release. This is great news. Now I own the first one, this makes that obselete.. maybe I  should sell it..

i am def getting project diva f 2 this time, missed the chance last time. it is hard to find now , without paying above msrp price.
Frys.com still has it in stock for msrp (w/ free shipping). I don't think they ever sold out (has always been available at my local store as well).

Koei Tecmo announced that its hack n' slash action game Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate [Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate] will be coming to PS4 on June 26, for 6800 yen retail or 6000 yen download. The PS4 version will have improved visual, background and lighting effects, and the PS4 version is capable to display over 150 characters on screen simultaneously. [SIZE=100%]The game[/SIZE] will support Cross-Save and Cross-Play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

Really? Why PS4 ??
I love it and hope means it comes to the west.

Anyone know if Deception IV is supposed to be limited print? I see Amazon.com only has 5 of them and it doesn't say "more on the way"
I checked both the PS3 and Vita version and I believe PS3 had about 271 copies and Vita about 371 copies, not so limited though I'm sure it wasn't a huge print run. I get mine on Thursday for Vita and am pretty excited woot!

ShadowAssassin, on 26 Mar 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:
Anyone know if Deception IV is supposed to be limited print? I see Amazon.com only has 5 of them and it doesn't say "more on the way"
I checked both the PS3 and Vita version and I believe PS3 had about 271 copies and Vita about 371 copies, not so limited though I'm sure it wasn't a huge print run. I get mine on Thursday for Vita and am pretty excited woot!
I pre orderd mine from NewEgg way back and still has not shipped and on their website it says OOS.Hmm...

I pre orderd mine from NewEgg way back and still has not shipped and on their website it says OOS.Hmm...
Newegg has been slipping more and more with things. If it's an AAA title I will expect them to fulfill, if it's not you may get gimped editions (ProjectxZone regular to start, missing DLC that was expected, cancelled orders (forgot think it was Tales of Xillia CE). I like them enough but the pre-orders are becoming less and less and in the end may just have the Last Guardian pre-ordered forever more.

The first Project Diva ony released on PS3 in the U.S.?  I could have sworn it was available on Vita. Or did it release digitally only here? I guess I need to swing by Fry's on my way home to snag the PS3 version since it's already OOP.

On the same note, did the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z not come to the Vita in the U.S.? I'm going to import the UK version if I have to, as far as I can tell that version comes in English so that would be the best to import since I don't read Japanese sadly.

[quote name="Chrono Gear" post="11642881" timestamp="1395853576"]The first Project Diva ony released on PS3 in the U.S.? I could have sworn it was available on Vita. Or did it release digitally only here?

On the same note, did the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z not come to the Vita in the U.S.? I'm going to import the UK version if I have to, as far as I can tell that version comes in English so that would be the best to import since I don't read Japanese sadly.[/quote]

The UK is England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, so yeah... that's English. There's no guessing, hoping, or reckoning needed lol.

The first Project Diva ony released on PS3 in the U.S.? I could have sworn it was available on Vita. Or did it release digitally only here? I guess I need to swing by Fry's on my way home to snag the PS3 version since it's already OOP.
The first Project Diva F for Vita was released in digital format only here.

The UK is England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, so yeah... that's English. There's no guessing, hoping, or reckoning needed lol.
Sorry I meant the EU version, there's no UK version. haha

It's a bad habit as I always think of the UK (my family is from England) when I think of Europe. I'm well aware of what countries make up the UK.

The first Project Diva F for Vita was released in digital format only here.
That's what I thought. Pretty sure I've seen it on PSN. I'll have to keep my eye on it in case it goes on sale.

Sorry I meant the EU version, there's no UK version. haha

It's a bad habit as I always think of the UK (my family is from England) when I think of Europe. I'm well aware of what countries make up the UK.

That's what I thought. Pretty sure I've seen it on PSN. I'll have to keep my eye on it in case it goes on sale.
Someone may correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the PS Vita version is missing some songs and they are there as DLC instead compared to the PS3 version. With the newer Project Diva F 2nd, both versions seem to have the same song selection.

Also my thoughts on the Conception 2 Vita demo:

- Okay sized demo (about 3 hours worth)

- I liked the characters enough and the English voices weren't terrible

- The graphics are relatively nice, you think they're going for like persona 4ish like graphics and environments. The 3D models are okay, I prefer the graphic novel 2D portraits when they come up.

- The challenge wasn't quite there for the very beginning, items are plentiful and monsters don't hit for much, most happened was I had some lvl 1 star children and they went out in a fight, most of the time my main party (hero and S Rank Lady) didn't get hurt too bad.

- Classmating seems like an ok system though I'm not quite sure how to get more advanced classes (guessing getting to know the ladies more). I know to actually get the children you need BP from event interactions.

- The visual novel parts (interacting with the ladies and other students mainly in the school) is passable sometimes. The dialogue and interaction haven't gotten deep so far. This isn't quite as good as social links, but possibly equivalent more to meetings (not dates) from a game like Tokimeki Memorial. It does help a bit with the repetitiveness though.

- This game is quite repetitive. You can skip some battles but you need the exp. The environments used for the first dungeon are so samey and blend together so it never really feels like wow I'm advancing levels and such. It all looks the same and the only way you know you're before a boss is it warning you the stage before. The fights generally consist of a few things (moving around to try to get to an enemies weak spot and doing something and then ability or attacking the enemy, and then occasionally defending or moving out an enemies attack area marked by a warning in the areas that aren't safe to be in. This is a dungeon crawler but it doesn't quite have the uniqueness of areas like Etrian Odyssey or changing environments like the Persona series of games. Overall I was having fun but went autopilot on many fights near the end of the demo.

- The music is also pretty neat, also trying to sound like a Persona type game, though the songs aren't as catchy

Overall I would recommend it, but it's not going to be earth shattering. I will buy it, and it seems fun enough, but I know it will be a pick up and play type of game for me considering I already was feeling repetitiveness in the gameplay (and not as fun at doing the same things unlike say Etrian Odyssey). The vita save transfers into the full version so I recommend everyone try it out if they're interested. I've heard the 3DS demo is short and over quick compared to this, and I do feel the Vita demo gives a very good indication if you'll enjoy the game later.

I read the PS blog post about the Vita release and there is some DLC that is supposed to make up the missing tracks (it's $9.99). It's worth picking up both versions to double dip trophies. :D

On the same note, did the new Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z not come to the Vita in the U.S.? I'm going to import the UK version if I have to, as far as I can tell that version comes in English so that would be the best to import since I don't read Japanese sadly.
Same thing, also digital only.

Koei Tecmo announced that its hack n' slash action game Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate [Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate] will be coming to PS4 on June 26, for 6800 yen retail or 6000 yen download. The PS4 version will have improved visual, background and lighting effects, and the PS4 version is capable to display over 150 characters on screen simultaneously. [SIZE=100%]The game[/SIZE] will support Cross-Save and Cross-Play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions.

Good news :D/

Amazon seems to have 999+ copies available of both the PS3/Vita versions now...
I didn't lock in a pre-order when the PS3 version was listed at $49.99 so I think I'll hold off on it for now.

Frys.com still has it in stock for msrp (w/ free shipping). I don't think they ever sold out (has always been available at my local store as well).
Thanks! My local store apparently had one copy left. In true CAG fashion I used my brother's employee discount and saved a whopping $2!

I'm really tempted to grab BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma off PSN because of the Plus discount. Tax included, the game is $56 here in Canada, So I would be saving $16 bucks and getting the character I want as pre-order DLC. The only issue is that I probably wouldn't be able to sink too many hours until August or September and by then we might already have an P4AU or Chrono Phantasma Extend.

I'm really tempted to grab BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma off PSN because of the Plus discount. Tax included, the game is $56 here in Canada, So I would be saving $16 bucks and getting the character I want as pre-order DLC. The only issue is that I probably wouldn't be able to sink too many hours until August or September and by then we might already have an P4AU or Chrono Phantasma Extend.
There is a chance it could easily hit a good deal by then as well.

Did anyone from Canada get there Witch and the Hundred Knight shipment yet, through Nis America? I know it will take longer to get here but just making sure I;m not the only one and it hasn't gone lost in transit or something

I'm looking for advice. Are any of these games considered 'rare or expensive'?

All PS3

ar tonelico qoga knell of ar ciel, atlier rorona,batman arkham asylum LE, castlevania lords of shadow collection, castlevania lords of shadow 2, dead space 2 LE, DBZ budokai HD, FF13, FF13-2, Kingdom hearts hd 1.5, naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 full burst, NIER, ni no kuni, resonance of fate, tales of symphonia HD, tales of xillia, yazuka dead souls, yaiba ninja gaiden Z

I'm tryign to work out a trade with someone and I am looking for filler. I know NIER is supposed to be kinda HTF and is related to drakenguard, but I am not sure what else is worth it from this pile. I think I can probably get 1 more game form the list (unless it is really new).
-Ar Tonelico Qoga - somewhat hard-to-find (worth ~$30)

-Atelier Rorona - I'm not aware of it being rare, but I sold my complete, like-new copy on Amazon for $24.99+shipping last week

-Castlevania: LoS2 - recent release, poor reception compared to the first LoS, on sale for $44.99 at Amazon now

-Naruto UNS3 Full Burst - other than a recent sale-stack on Bestbuy.com where you could get the :ps3: version for ~$15-$16, this has been holding steady at the $30-$40 range with relatively no sales

-NIER - you're right in that the :ps3: version is somewhat hard-to-find; complete copies go for $25-$30 depending on condition

-Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - another recent release with somewhat poor review scores, currently ~$50 on Amazon

The others have either been pretty cheap/easy-to-find or I can't offer an opinion on their value.

ar tonelico isn't hard to find its just the 3rd party market wants to much for it -_-

Wish I had luck to get a copy from gohastings but everytime they have the 50% off sale its already ninja'd same with atelier.

Thanks for the advice. I'm working out a trade for some anime and games from the guy and I am giving him a ACIV PS4 game in exchange. I figured this thread was the place to ask, since I own some jrpgs on PS3, but I haven't actually started playing them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back