Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the Conception 2 demo for 3DS. While I have not bet it, I just played about 30 mins, I think I can judge this. This game is very Persona like but at the same time instead of a mature and deep story, there is what I think is going to turn into trying to romance ladies. Also some of the dialog is very cheesy, but the game screams this is a very Japanese.

I will be picking it up. It's not terrible and I am interested to see where this goes.

Tried the Conception 2 demo for 3DS. While I have not bet it, I just played about 30 mins, I think I can judge this. This game is very Persona like but at the same time instead of a mature and deep story, there is what I think is going to turn into trying to romance ladies. Also some of the dialog is very cheesy, but the game screams this is a very Japanese.

I will be picking it up. It's not terrible and I am interested to see where this goes.
Just as an FYI, I read that the Vita demo is supposedly more robust and superior to the 3DS one.

Just as an FYI, I read that the Vita demo is supposedly more robust and superior to the 3DS one.
Look a few pages back for my thoughts and yes it's pretty much the real game through the 1st dungeon as you can transfer your save into the full game later.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-974#entry11643371

Doesn't seem bad at all, though I can tell likely Demon Gaze coming out around the same time will likely be the stronger dungeon crawler. I do love me dating sims though and glad it has some semblance of that in the game even if it's a bit basic.

Just pre-ordered Drakengard 3 CE from Square.  Packages are often misdelivered where I live, so I use a different shipping address than my billing.  When I look up the order details on the website, the shipping address is incorrect (same as billing), but in the order confirmation e-mail the shipping address is the right one. Sent an e-mail to customer service, but it's Digital River so who knows if they will ever get back to me.  Sigh.  

Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, have you guys had the package delivered to the correct address?

Just pre-ordered Drakengard 3 CE from Square. Packages are often misdelivered where I live, so I use a different shipping address than my billing. When I look up the order details on the website, the shipping address is incorrect (same as billing), but in the order confirmation e-mail the shipping address is the right one. Sent an e-mail to customer service, but it's Digital River so who knows if they will ever get back to me. Sigh.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, have you guys had the package delivered to the correct address?
It's a crapshoot until it ships I have to say. There whole system is AFU really. I use the same address for billing and shipping, so sorry can't help there. Wish S-E's webstore would actually have it like...you know every other store where you get your order in the system, can open it and review it and possibly make changes if needed. Good luck either way though!

I put in an order for Drakengard the other day too. From what i understand, Digital River likes to screw everyone over, so i would try to make the order as simple as possible for them. It makes the mouth breathers less likely to screw up...

Just pre-ordered Drakengard 3 CE from Square. Packages are often misdelivered where I live, so I use a different shipping address than my billing. When I look up the order details on the website, the shipping address is incorrect (same as billing), but in the order confirmation e-mail the shipping address is the right one. Sent an e-mail to customer service, but it's Digital River so who knows if they will ever get back to me. Sigh.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, have you guys had the package delivered to the correct address?
Yeah, my billing/shipping address's are in different countries. I see the same issue you're seeing, and my stuff has shipped to the correct address.

Although I never noticed this issue before, so I can't guarantee it isn't a new problem. And frankly I'd love for them to screw up and send to my billing address :)

I put in an order for Drakengard the other day too. From what i understand, Digital River likes to screw everyone over, so i would try to make the order as simple as possible for them. It makes the mouth breathers less likely to screw up...
Yeah, I have coworkers that worked for Digital River and they have nothing good to say about the company. They told me what supposedly caused the Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Which mess. I've interviewed someone from DR for a dev position, too. Passed on them because they were... a poor fit for what we were looking for. We'll leave it at that.

Yeah, my billing/shipping address's are in different countries. I see the same issue you're seeing, and my stuff has shipped to the correct address.

Although I never noticed this issue before, so I can't guarantee it isn't a new problem. And frankly I'd love for them to screw up and send to my billing address :)
Excellent. I'll remain wary and continue to hound customer service until they fix it.

Hmmm 20 dollars more for some keychain, an artbook, a poster (this will likely be very nice and worth it if it's anything like the Totori one I got a while back) and a box....where is the OST!!!! Ugg not the best CE, and I need to play the original, but I may get it, the blue looks all interesting though...i'm ok with it though. Also no bath towel.....double uggg..
You can buy the original Mugan Souls CE for $49.99 - http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Mugen-Souls-Limited-Edition-plus-Figure-Set

Can a fan of Mugen Souls convince me why it's awesome?

Not trolling, I just really don't know anything about Mugen Souls and we all know reviews for these games typically aren't very helpful. Are they fun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8PxsQLmAI

Here's a fan who apparently loves it.

Yeah, I have coworkers that worked for Digital River and they have nothing good to say about the company. They told me what supposedly caused the Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Which mess. I've interviewed someone from DR for a dev position, too. Passed on them because they were... a poor fit for what we were looking for. We'll leave it at that.

Excellent. I'll remain wary and continue to hound customer service until they fix it.
More details! Well actually, would rather know more insider details about the NNK incident, able to share?

Surprisingly this makes me really want to go back and play that game and then finally decide if I get the LE for the next one in May.
If you just want to beat the game then I would say go ahead and do it. However don't even try to plat it as you will break something when the game freezes over and over. Really sad they just abandoned the game from the start instead of acknowledging and fixing the freezing issue.

Never noticed this thread until now. Just seems to be about news rather than hidden deals, though. So I don't know if this was mentioned, but Akiba's Trip for the PS3 is coming out in August. ...I don't know anything about the game. I'm still getting it. No such thing as too many JRPGs.

Oh, and I think everyone will be happy to know that my body is ready for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth.

Never noticed this thread until now. Just seems to be about news rather than hidden deals, though. So I don't know if this was mentioned, but Akiba's Trip for the PS3 is coming out in August. ...I don't know anything about the game. I'm still getting it. No such thing as too many JRPGs.

Oh, and I think everyone will be happy to know that my body is ready for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth.
Just to be clear this is for Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed (Akiba's Trip 2). Figured the first game would be localized before this one.

Has anyone used Nippon-Yasan?  I'm thinking about importing the IA/VT Colorful game (I doubt it will get localized in the West) and the Crystal Box LE is sold out at Ami Ami.  Looking at the Yasan website, I like how you can pre-order and "pay later".  Or is there a better online store for importing?  Thanks in advance.

Also, it's good to hear Diva F 2nd is getting a physical release in the West.  Would it be too much to ask for a collector's edition?  Please.

Has anyone used Nippon-Yasan? I'm thinking about importing the IA/VT Colorful game (I doubt it will get localized in the West) and the Crystal Box LE is sold out at Ami Ami. Looking at the Yasan website, I like how you can pre-order and "pay later". Or is there a better online store for importing? Thanks in advance.

Also, it's good to hear Diva F 2nd is getting a physical release in the West. Would it be too much to ask for a collector's edition? Please.
Japan didn't even get a collector's edition, I have Sailor Venus figuarts on order from Nippon-Yasan. Supposedly they're ok, and when your stuff comes in they ask you to pay for it within so many days. That comes out in mid April so i'll tell you then. I also have some Seven Sins figures on order from them as well, they better be good haha.

Nippon is by fucking far my favorite Japanese import site. Their prices rock, they often have things in stock long past when they go out elsewhere, and their packaging is just fantastic.

Nippon is by fucking far my favorite Japanese import site. Their prices rock, they often have things in stock long past when they go out elsewhere, and their packaging is just fantastic.
Is there possible order combining for the same month such as AmiAmi? I have orders spread out over many months but would like to know for future possible purchases in the same month (and if ordering from Japan bulk orders > single orders cause of the shipping cost).

Gamestop has Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory for $29.99 ($27.99 used). I grabbed the last one within 15 miles of my house. It was opened, but still came with the soundtrack.

NIS America also has it listed in their store for $29.99, but the soundtrack is no longer included in the Product Info.

Is there possible order combining for the same month such as AmiAmi? I have orders spread out over many months but would like to know for future possible purchases in the same month (and if ordering from Japan bulk orders > single orders cause of the shipping cost).
Yeah, ordering more together is definitely the way to go. I've never had orders for multiple pre-releases in the same month, so I can't say for sure. But I believe if you put in an order with pre-orders, they will wait to ship the whole thing. So that could include a few in stock items, an couple of April preorders, etc. If that is true, though, then be mindful that you don't include a pre-order for weeks/months away and end up waiting ages to get it haha.

Been on vacation for most of the week, so I'm a bit behind.  Anyway, a few things I wanted to mention here:

I got both TW&THK and the original Mugen Souls CE sets in from NISA this week.  Boith were packaged very well and arrived in perfect condition - so I guess it's safe to say that whatever issues they had with Danganronpa have been resolved. 

Also by some miracle my BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma CE arrived from Amazon in perfect condition.  It was in one of those cardboard wrap-around things, tho it was a bigger one than they usually use.  I feared for the worst, but there is no damage at all to the box.  It is a sturdier box than some sets, so that may have helped.  I still won't order a CE from them if I have another choice - I waited too long this time & GS had already sold out. 

Played through the Conception II demo (on Vita) while on vacation and loved it.  Definitely putting in a preorder for this one.  Will most likely get it from GS, since they guarantee $40 trade-in for inFamous: SS through 4/20, so it'll be an even swap. 

Do you guys think Best Buy will carry Mind Zero? I've been preordering Vita games @ BB because of the GCU discount but it's nowhere to be found in their system.

Do you guys think Best Buy will carry Mind Zero? I've been preordering Vita games @ BB because of the GCU discount but it's nowhere to be found in their system.
Holy... s***. Are we really getting Mind=Zero?! *checks*

Done checking...

my_body_is_ready_p4_1.gif

They'll eventually add it (most likely). I did notice prior, as I have been paying attention as well, that they are pretty late when it comes to adding Vita games. Heck, I remember Toukiden didn't come up until a week before release!

Check closer to release. I ordered Deception IV through BB but it didn't hit their site until a few weeks before the game came out.

Didn't Mind=Zero get poor reviews? :???:
Maybe. It's not just that I'm interested in the game. I worried for the Vita's future. It has so many great games, easily beating the 3DS in the RPG department, it's just that none of them were localized. If we get something like Mind=Zero, I can now hope for many more good RPGs to be localized. I'll buy this thing Day 1 just to support them. If it's really that bad, I'll just trade it in.

So I was thinking of buying a Vita but sort of low on cash... I already have a 3DS and have been playing most jrpg's on there. I already have quite a big backlog on the PS3 and more than enough games on the 3DS to play portably for the time being. I can easily get conception 2 on it, still have bravely default to finish and then there is Persona Q coming for it. Plus buying the memory card for the Vita also sucks up money.

However there are games like Demon Gaze, Persona 4 Golden (I played the ps2 one already) and Mind Zero that I do wan't so I'm conflicted if I should buy one or not. I also want to wait for the Vita to price drop but that seems to never happen. 

Finally which Vita is better? The first model that came out or second? I was sort of leaning on the first one if I ever get one, however I don't think I will soon

Main question is however, Should I get a Vita now or wait until more games come out/price drop on the Vita? Like is it really necessary to have one now?

So I was thinking of buying a Vita but sort of low on cash... I already have a 3DS and have been playing most jrpg's on there. I already have quite a big backlog on the PS3 and more than enough games on the 3DS to play portably for the time being. I can easily get conception 2 on it, still have bravely default to finish and then there is Persona Q coming for it. Plus buying the memory card for the Vita also sucks up money.

However there are games like Demon Gaze, Persona 4 Golden (I played the ps2 one already) and Mind Zero that I do wan't so I'm conflicted if I should buy one or not. I also want to wait for the Vita to price drop but that seems to never happen.

Finally which Vita is better? The first model that came out or second? I was sort of leaning on the first one if I ever get one, however I don't think I will soon

Main question is however, Should I get a Vita now or wait until more games come out/price drop on the Vita? Like is it really necessary to have one now?
you listed less then 4 games you buy a system for an have a back log, would wait an save the cash. i love my vita but not playing it much, i also want a ps4 but going try wait for the first price drop or revision to buy one, so their more variety of games since it cant play ps3 games on ps4 an i don't like a lot clutter in small space.

Main question is however, Should I get a Vita now or wait until more games come out/price drop on the Vita? Like is it really necessary to have one now?
You could try getting a grade 6 or 7 from Cowboom for around $100. A lot of people have been getting these near mint. Maybe that will help make your decision easier?

considering even japan thinks the vita sucks I can't even guess what they would sell in na. maybe 10k at best? yeah I don't like bamco but I fully support them not localizing those games on the vita. though they are complete morons for releasing them on it in the first place along with skipping over the originals.

What is the general consensus on Disgaea 3 for PS3? Worth a buy for $15 or no?
meh go youtube a lets play or whatever and see if you can stand the characters and writing. If yes then go ahead though I've seen it for 9.99 new.

Only thing I got out of the experience was adding hot sauce and pepper to my eggs. normally I just add some garlic to plain ol eggs.

Didn't Mind=Zero get poor reviews? :???:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCd2m5xXHiE

There's a set of videos covering a good portion of the game. It might be interesting, but that battle system looks a bit dated. As a plus, at least it appears all dialog is going to be voiced.

The main complaint was that the story ends on a sequel hook of some sort from the Japanese reviews I saw.

...that you're wrong about Japan hating the Vita, obviously.
not that they hate it nor did I say that but they know its situation sucks and with it being stuck in that damn catch 22 it doesn't stand much of a shot at meaningful improvement until something changes. It's better than it was a year ago but not by that much.

Weekly sales bumps (which don't matter until it gets dev support) aside it was a mistake to release games on a device when the jpn fanbase for it which is where they get their money didn't really support it and it ended up as their worst selling games in the series. Even tales of graces sold more and it had a terrible launch.

looks like there is another rhythm game like hastune miku releasing in japan on July 31, 2014 call IA/VT Colorful, for the ps vita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvy5XEwTTBo

looks like there is another rhythm like hastune miku releasing in japan on July 31, 2014 call IA/VT Colorful, for the ps vita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvy5XEwTTBo
Looks interesting I wish the Crystal Box extras were shown even just the concepts, may pick it up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back