Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news to the P4 ps3 version.

I only played P4 for ps2 so I just wanted to ask, is there anything in the original P4 that isn't in P4G?
Chie's English voice actor was changed for P4G and I think the save points before bosses in dungeons were removed from P4G (though it seemed easier to get Goho-Ms to escape from dungeons in P4G than in the original P4), but otherwise P4G added and improved so many things that there's no question which version is superior.

Yeah, even if you have a PS3 but not a Vita yet, just wait to play Persona 4 until you get one. P4G is so superior to the original that it has made the game completely irrelevant. I think it's silly they're even re-releasing it.

i am not sure if this is the SE exclusive preorder bonus for Drakengard-3, some of you were talking about. but amazon updated the preorder bonus listing on their site

http://www.amazon.com/Drakengard-3-PlayStation/dp/B00J6DLPLK/ref=pd_sim_vg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=07QXW7A2FEVN24FP9TAE

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order and Receive Three Costume Color Variations for Zero![/SIZE]
Pre-order Drakengard 3 and get Three Costume Color Variations for Zero. Digital codes will be emailed within two business days from when the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

i am not sure if this is the SE exclusive preorder bonus for Drakengard-3, some of you were talking about. but amazon updated the preorder bonus listing on their site

http://www.amazon.com/Drakengard-3-PlayStation/dp/B00J6DLPLK/ref=pd_sim_vg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=07QXW7A2FEVN24FP9TAE

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order and Receive Three Costume Color Variations for Zero![/SIZE]
Pre-order Drakengard 3 and get Three Costume Color Variations for Zero. Digital codes will be emailed within two business days from when the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
The announced pre-order bonuses so far at the SE store are the Japanese language DLC and Nier costumes DLC, though there's another round that'll be revealed on April 9th. If Amazon's jumping the gun and this is the last round, I'm gonna be pretty disappoint.

The announced pre-order bonuses so far at the SE store are the Japanese language DLC and Nier costumes DLC, though there's another round that'll be revealed on April 9th. If Amazon's jumping the gun and this is the last round, I'm gonna be pretty disappoint.
Yeah, if that's it, I'm seriously going to consider canceling my 2-CE order. :???:

Guys, remember the Persona 4 listing for PS3 that appeared on ESRB.org? It looks like it might be releasing on April 8th. I found this out by looking closely at the final message in their latest email for Devil Summoner on PSN:

"Plus, did you all see this[SIZE=11pt]? Boy, I bet [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]y[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ou wo[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]uld s[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]u[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]re like to [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]k[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]now wh[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]a[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]t day it's coming out....[/SIZE]"

I noticed that for some reason, several of the letters in the second sentence are bold or italicized. Staring closely at them for a few seconds reveals the letters "y", "o", "u", "k", and "a" are the standouts--the word "youka" in Japanese translates to "the eighth (day of the month)". That's a Tuesday, so it's a strong likelihood P4 will appear on PSN then (whether the original or a port of P4G is unknown, though it's probably the former).
I rather have a Persona HD Collection though. :(

How likely is the Japanese language DLC to become available for general use, either free or for-pay, in the future, do you think? I'd really like to have it, but I'm also kinda considering cancelling my Drakengard 3 CE pre-order. It's just starting to feel like it isn't worth it.

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order and Receive Three Costume Color Variations for Zero!
Pre-order Drakengard 3 and get Three Costume Color Variations for Zero. Digital codes will be emailed within two business days from when the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. [/SIZE]
Lol, those are free DLC they offer. At least free in the HK/JP stores. They don't even add stats to Zero unlike her other costumes.

The Japanese voice packs will probably be paid to have. Every DLC, except for Caim (strict CE exclusive unless SE decides to mix it up), should be buy able if they follow the HK/JP store format. The CE is similar to the 10th Anniversary Edition, but I don't know if it's just one novella or all the novellas from the 10th anniversary combined into one book. Even though I'm a fan of the game, I think most would agree that the CE lacks so much. I would rather get more physical items than DLC. I mean really, a sampler soundtrack? Anyways, if you pre-ordered at the first wave then that should be about $5 worth of free dlc (excluding the third unknown wave). The CE DLC is worth about $10 and includes One's story, who's the only sister without a trophy set (JP store for Two's for free). Mikhail's costumes do absolutely nothing other than decors. The DLC stories also include about 1 hour of gameplay each. If anything like the JP release, we can only hope to get a free guide book.

Disgaea D2 and Guided Fate Paradox for $30 each on Amazon. I'm going to hold out for $20 each, but that might be a mistake.

Chie's English voice actor was changed for P4G and I think the save points before bosses in dungeons were removed from P4G (though it seemed easier to get Goho-Ms to escape from dungeons in P4G than in the original P4), but otherwise P4G added and improved so many things that there's no question which version is superior.

Yeah, even if you have a PS3 but not a Vita yet, just wait to play Persona 4 until you get one. P4G is so superior to the original that it has made the game completely irrelevant. I think it's silly they're even re-releasing it.
Ok thanks for the advice, ill just wait until i get a vita then. I did like the voice actor for Chie in P4 though.

Ok thanks for the advice, ill just wait until i get a vita then. I did like the voice actor for Chie in P4 though.
This VA also does the anime and P4A (we can also assume P4A-2) so this is definitely the one to get used to. I will say, though, that she definitely got more comfortable with her role for P4G than she was for P4A.

Super Robot Wars OG the 2nd is $30 shipped w/prime on Amazon if any of you guys are interested.

It's the cheapest I've seen the game.
It was $27.99 last week on play-asia (depending on which region you are looking at). I took advantage of their buy it with OG 3 deal and got it for $17.99. Can't wait till it arrives!

I really hope its P4G coming to the ps3 and not the vanilla version but I wouldn't hold my breath. I have it for Vita but I always wanted to play it on the big screen so I never got really far. I waited patiently for Sony to announce a Vita TV release in North America but I don't think it's coming. I would import one but the fact that you can't even log into your US PSN makes me less inclined to buy one...

I already have P4G and P4 for PS2. Probably going to have to double dip for the PSN version. :lol: Or in this case, triple dip? 

Already did this with Persona 3. Already have the PS2, PSN, and PSP versions. :T

I really hope its P4G coming to the ps3 and not the vanilla version but I wouldn't hold my breath. I have it for Vita but I always wanted to play it on the big screen so I never got really far. I waited patiently for Sony to announce a Vita TV release in North America but I don't think it's coming. I would import one but the fact that you can't even log into your US PSN makes me less inclined to buy one...
luckily P4G is one of the games that work with the U.S. cart. Looks good on the tv as well. I can post a photo if you want

luckily P4G is one of the games that work with the U.S. cart. Looks good on the tv as well. I can post a photo if you want
Oh I know that it works. My issue is that its silly to import a $200 device if I can't even get the full benefits of it. Don't know why Japan felt the need to region lock specific things with it when there are plenty of people that import goods from Japan.

Oh I know that it works. My issue is that its silly to import a $200 device if I can't even get the full benefits of it. Don't know why Japan felt the need to region lock specific things with it when there are plenty of people that import goods from Japan.
It is not a region lock. More like no reason to add support unless there is a US release.

It is not a region lock. More like no reason to add support unless there is a US release.
Support, specific to a region. It really is all the same to me. DOA5 Plus was released both in Japan and the US and I heard that the US card doesn't work with Vita TV

Support, specific to a region. It really is all the same to me. DOA5 Plus was released both in Japan and the US and I heard that the US card doesn't work with Vita TV
It would technically stop being a problem once sony release Vita TV in the US. Since Vita TV did horrible in Japan, that might never happen.

Might be getting Mugen Souls Z, anyone here know if you need to play the first one to understand this one? Sorta don't want to go and buy the first one anytime soon.

vita tv is $100 and it's technically not region locked since my us carts worked. It's just that some games seem to be white-listed which means if you aren't heavily invested in the japanese market a bunch of your games won't work.

Might be getting Mugen Souls Z, anyone here know if you need to play the first one to understand this one? Sorta don't want to go and buy the first one anytime soon.
I don't think there's anything you'd miss on the first one that would keep from playing the second one less enjoyable. Read the wiki and I'm sure it'll be enough.

I have a question for those who've played Deception IV to completion:

When I first heard about it, I was intrigued by the gameplay but turned off by the you're-the-devil's-daughter-trying-to-bring-him-to-earth plot. Are there any plot twists (I don't care if you use spoilers) or clarifications that change things in any way, or is that pretty much the storyline the whole way through?

I have a question for those who've played Deception IV to completion:

When I first heard about it, I was intrigued by the gameplay but turned off by the you're-the-devil's-daughter-trying-to-bring-him-to-earth plot. Are there any plot twists (I don't care if you use spoilers) or clarifications that change things in any way, or is that pretty much the storyline the whole way through?
i didn't play it, but i watched the youtube walkthrough video, and there is like different endings

i didn't play it, but i watched the youtube walkthrough video, and there is like different endings
I know that there are 4 endings, but I was curious as to whether any of them portray "bringing the devil to Earth" as a bad thing (and if that sort of ending is a "good" one).

I know that there are 4 endings, but I was curious as to whether any of them portray "bringing the devil to Earth" as a bad thing (and if that sort of ending is a "good" one).
Are you curious because of a religious conviction? I'm not being judgmental. Just curious.

Some of you were talking about Natural Doctrine a few pages back. This person has been streaming it lately. He says it's pretty difficult. But anyway, he has a bunch of recordings and is playing it live right now on Twitch if any of you want to check it out. http://www.twitch.tv/lennevalkyrie

Yes.

I understand that the Deception series has had that demonic theme from the start, so I'm fully prepared to pass on the new entry, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Then I would personally recommend steering clear. My Christian upbringing taught me that murder and torture isn't a justifiable means to any ends... and that's the central gameplay mechanic here regardless of what the outcome of the story is.

That being said, I'm not a Christian anymore and I enjoy the game.

Then I would personally recommend steering clear. My Christian upbringing taught me that murder and torture isn't a justifiable means to any ends... and that's the central gameplay mechanic here regardless of what the outcome of the story is.

Thanks.

Ahh Xenogears, the first game that I played where you basically kill God. Seriously blew my mind as 10 year old Catholic.
Yep, I was about 16 when I first played that and it was trippy. I'm a Church of Christer, but I absolutely loved the game, I still have the old black label copy...need to go back and play it as an adult...well, someone of adult age, lol.

Ahh Xenogears, the first game that I played where you basically kill God. Seriously blew my mind as 10 year old Catholic.
I think every single JRPG since Xenogears has gone down this path. Besides all the wacky story stuff, the biggest part that I loved about that game was seeing Lucca from Chrono Trigger there.

I've been playing Deception in short bursts since getting it early this week and have been loving it. I do feel bad playing it sometimes, not for any religious quandaries, but because they give every one of your victims this elaborate backstory right before you're supposed drop a boulder on their heads. I absolutely loved the original on the Playstation when it came out, too. I remember reading a summary of the story in an EGM and knew I had to play it immediately.

meh I found xenogears both archaic and overrated as all hell. game needs a remake something awful. speeding up the gameplay alone would be a big help.

I will admit that mech battles and the real time mech battles in the arena were both cool and unique.  I'd love to see those 

I think every single JRPG since Xenogears has gone down this path. Besides all the wacky story stuff, the biggest part that I loved about that game was seeing Lucca from Chrono Trigger there.

I've been playing Deception in short bursts since getting it early this week and have been loving it. I do feel bad playing it sometimes, not for any religious quandaries, but because they give every one of your victims this elaborate backstory right before you're supposed drop a boulder on their heads. I absolutely loved the original on the Playstation when it came out, too. I remember reading a summary of the story in an EGM and knew I had to play it immediately.
is the gameplay easy to get into for beginners, who never played the deception series before?

When playing a game of that age, some things must be taken with a grain of salt, really. The battle system is really quite interesting, the music great, and--most importantly--the story is fantastic. It looks like bloody ass crack, and is poorly translated. But, hey, welcome to PS1 JRPGs!

meh I found xenogears both archaic and overrated as all hell. game needs a remake something awful. speeding up the gameplay alone would be a big help.
8jfjxSh.png

I'm going to assume you were heavily spoiled by the 3d revolution. If you go back and play it today, it is definitely slow and kinda bad. It did have have a semi-remake/sequel if you count Xenosaga ( loved that series btw). There is much more religious imagery in that one.

is the gameplay easy to get into for beginners, who never played the deception series before?
Yeah, there's a very good tutorial that teaches you what everything does, plus you have the option of having test runs in the first chapter of the game's story. I may have played the first game in the series, but it's evolved a lot since then, so I had to finish the tutorial to get a hand of the mechanics as well.

Yeah, there's a very good tutorial that teaches you what everything does, plus you have the option of having test runs in the first chapter of the game's story. I may have played the first game in the series, but it's evolved a lot since then, so I had to finish the tutorial to get a hand of the mechanics as well.
thanks, i just could not find many reviews on it. are you playing it on the ps3, if so how does it run? any technical issues?

thanks, i just could not find many reviews on it. are you playing it on the ps3, if so how does it run? any technical issues?
I have the Vita version, and that version runs flawlessly. I expected some drops in framerate when things go crazy, but I've yet to see any of that. I feel that a few of the control options are optimized for the PS3, though. The game is excellent for pick up and play so it suits the vita perfectly, but if you prefer the console experience I'm sure it's even better due to the controller and upgrade to the visuals.

I personally hate Kotaku, but one of their editors did a really great preview for the Japanese version here to give you an idea to how it plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2ujnW9P_Q

There is no English dub, by the by.

I'm playing through Xenogears right now and it slow and boring in the beginning. I was about to stop playing but I read it picks up after the part I am in so I haven't stopped yet. The random battles are rage inducing and the camera is terrible but I hear the story makes up for it. Thanks for the basically what happens post - I know how difficult it is to use spoiler tags.

Persona 4 "Classic" is coming out on April 8th. It won't be Golden, just the Original PS2 version. Still holding out for HD Collection. ><

Also, Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection, is coming out on the Vita, retail and digitally, on June 3rd. For those who don't know what PP is, it is basically an Idol Simulator, much in the vein of Idolm@ster but it includes camera angels and lights. The Creators of Dream C Club made this game by the way. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/03/hyperdimension-neptunia-producing-perfection-takes-stage-june-3/

Preorders for the Neptunia PP game are up on the NISA site for the SE and LE. Note that it appears that even the SE will ONLY be sold through the NISA Store.

Persona 4 "Classic" is coming out on April 8th. It won't be Golden, just the Original PS2 version. Still holding out for HD Collection. &gt;&lt;

Also, Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection, is coming out on the Vita, retail and digitally, on June 3rd. For those who don't know what PP is, it is basically an Idol Simulator, much in the vein of Idolm@ster but it includes camera angels and lights. The Creators of Dream C Club made this game by the way.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/03/hyperdimension-neptunia-producing-perfection-takes-stage-june-3/
here is a trailer of the game, it shows how they incorporate the vita touch screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAQGA22Gu0

Haha oh my. Murder and torture arent Christian like? I guess whoever brought you up didnt let you read the bible.

Anyway its always good to see a fellow traveler who threw off the shackles of religion and had the courage to face reality and science. I can understand that is a big step for a lot of people who are raised in a religious home when a lot of people are never fortunate enough to have the will or the intelligence to drop the crutches of religion and stand up on their own. Luckily my grandma never pushed it on me and at 12 I stopped believing in it and amazed how freeing my life is compared to people mentally tied down to a god.

Kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back