Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
crap is the Drakenguard 3 CE preorder gone? it lets me click on it to preorder, then takes it out of my cart and says its out of stock =(

I should have jumped on it earlier i guess. Missed the first run guess i missed the 2nd as well i think. Unless the websites just being buggy?

Your mother sucked!

Her drink. Through a straw. Get your mind out of the gutter, man, we're talking about your own mother, jeez.
hah sorry, i really disliked the game.. mostly for the characters honestly. Theres actually a funny story with that game. A mormon buddy of mine didn't play it when it was out because he was on his mission. When he got back we were all hanging out at his house and he started up a game of it. People kept going into the room and asking him why he was playing that game, that it was terrible. After the 4th or 5th person said that to him he threw down the controller, said F it and never played it again, hah.

crap is the Drakenguard 3 CE preorder gone? it lets me click on it to preorder, then takes it out of my cart and says its out of stock =(

I should have jumped on it earlier i guess. Missed the first run guess i missed the 2nd as well i think. Unless the websites just being buggy?

hah sorry, i really disliked the game.. mostly for the characters honestly. Theres actually a funny story with that game. A mormon buddy of mine didn't play it when it was out because he was on his mission. When he got back we were all hanging out at his house and he started up a game of it. People kept going into the room and asking him why he was playing that game, that it was terrible. After the 4th or 5th person said that to him he threw down the controller, said F it and never played it again, hah.
with the New Heartbleed Bug going around, i would never touch DR with a ten foot pole. count that as a blessing in disguise.

with the New Heartbleed Bug going around, i would never touch DR with a ten foot pole. count that as a blessing in disguise.
? what is the heartbleed bug? I thought it was something with Drakenguard, but it looks like its something to do with web code security problems or something?

FFX is probably my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy game besides FF6, and 7. I've recently gone back and played through the games starting with FF1. I have the same opinion about all of the games except FF8. I loved it when it was first released, but have gotten so far into it and just can't find the want to complete it. I thought Cloud was an emo boy, but damn Squall takes the prize. At least Cloud turned it around after he got his head straight.

Now FF12, I got about 60 hours into that before I quit playing. I was told once you get to where the story starts following Balthier and Fran more it gets way better, but I'll have to see if I ever crank it out again.

Looks like I join the ranks of those screwed over by Digital River.

Pre-ordered on Capcom's store website with Paypal, the Ace Attorney 3DS XL case.  I never got the pre-order bonus of an "Objection" pin with my order.  FML

Looks like I join the ranks of those screwed over by Digital River.

Pre-ordered on Capcom's store website with Paypal, the Ace Attorney 3DS XL case. I never got the pre-order bonus of an "Objection" pin with my order. FML
At least you got your order delivered in a reasonable time. I pre-ordered two copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 during its release to get the Shuma-Gorath shirts, the games finally got delivered after Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 already came out.

FTFY.

If Yahoo isn't safe, then the clowns at DR have no chance.
I'm really pleased I changed every single pass I had to unique site specific variants. It's simple enough to do, just reuse some random word like 'password' and insert bits of the sites url into it. Like you could grab the second and fourth letters and overwrite a portion of it, for CAG making it 'phaaword'. You can make up other rules, like counting the number of letters in the site name and tacking it on, making 'phaaword13'. Or because 13 is an odd number you can caps the odd numbered letters in the pass, like 'PhAaWoRd!3'. There, mauled unique gibberish, while simply remembering the word 'password' and few rules that you reuse consistently.

But I'm still going to have to change all my passwords again in a week or so once most sites have hopefully updated their stuff...

Do you need to have played drakenguard 1 and 2 to understand 3? I never got around to playing them but I have them. Or are the stories and characters unconnected?

Do you need to have played drakenguard 1 and 2 to understand 3? I never got around to playing them but I have them. Or are the stories and characters unconnected?
Drakengard 3 is a pre-qual to both, so you don't really need to play any of them to understand it. Though, it does help solve some questions about the other two games and you may understand more references.

After playing Nier, I was ready to preorder Drakengard 3 CE. Unfortunately, SE's website wouldn't let me sign in with either of my accounts. After making a new one and getting all the way to check it...Out of order. Seriously disappointing. Guess I'll just wait for the regular edition to drop to $20 now. Maybe it's all a blessing in disguise since I hated the first Drakengard anyways.

Care to elaborate on this? I was looking to pre-order it since it would be free shipping & no tax ($5 giftcard helps too).
I haven't experienced it myself, but I think there were instances where people:

1. Didn't receive their items during release week

2. Received a different version (e.g., Project X Zone LE preordered, vanilla editions received)

3. Had preorders abruptly canceled without any indication given (not 100% sure this happened with Newegg--I might be thinking of somewhere else)

Someone who actually had trouble with preordering at Newegg can hopefully offer more insight.

I haven't experienced it myself, but I think there were instances where people:

1. Didn't receive their items during release week

2. Received a different version (e.g., Project X Zone LE preordered, vanilla editions received)

3. Had preorders abruptly canceled without any indication given (not 100% sure this happened with Newegg--I might be thinking of somewhere else)

Someone who actually had trouble with preordering at Newegg can hopefully offer more insight.
Ok, thanks for the info. I may just wait then and see if any other online retailer offers it cheaper. The $5 gift card probably wouldn't do much for me anyway since I never shop at Newegg.

Newegg is a crap shoot when it comes to CEs and LEs often lately. Missing all kinds of stuff, even the dragon's crown art book.

If it's not a CE you'll be fine though.

Care to elaborate on this? I was looking to pre-order it since it would be free shipping & no tax ($5 giftcard helps too).
Like others have said, many people (myself included) have reported that LE/CE's ship in a generic bubble mailer. This can easily lead to damage to the outer box as the envelope is susceptible to being crushed/creased/bent by other parcels during delivery. One way to avoid this though, is to order multiple copies since it forces the package to come in a cardboard box. Some have been lucky enough to receive their single orders in a cardboard box, but it's a crapshoot. If you're picky about the condition of your LE/CE and you're only ordering one, the $5 GC is not worth the potential hassle.

Having said that, Akiba's Trip is not a CE, so shipping wise, it should be ok in a bubble mailer. I've not had any issue with missing (bonus) items from newEgg yet.

Thanks, but based on the negative buzz I've heard regarding Newegg preorders, I'll just wait for Best Buy to (hopefully) carry it so I can get the GCU discount.
Right on. 20% right off the bat puts BB ahead of most retailers for games. And dont forget you get the rewards points too.

Newegg they used to have all my game pre-orders. Now often I'll get them somewhere else even Gamestop. I think the last major pre-orders I have with them are Kirby 3DS and Super Smash Bros 3DS. They usually come in a bubble mailer (yes even my Y's collector's edition for Vita....) and get to me in Texas around 3 days after release. They've delivered on everything (except for pre-order bonuses like the Project X Zone LE upgrade and the Dragon's Crown Artbook), but their incentives are just too low now. I was happily getting pre-orders for 3DS for about 31-32ish dollars and PS3 for about 42-43 at the time. Excellent savings that just aren't there anymore, and for most of these newer games I would rather be playing them now then later. Just my 2 cents, and I don't hate them or anything, but they're not my preferred pre-order venue anymore.

Newegg they used to have all my game pre-orders. Now often I'll get them somewhere else even Gamestop. I think the last major pre-orders I have with them are Kirby 3DS and Super Smash Bros 3DS. They usually come in a bubble mailer (yes even my Y's collector's edition for Vita....) and get to me in Texas around 3 days after release. They've delivered on everything (except for pre-order bonuses like the Project X Zone LE upgrade and the Dragon's Crown Artbook), but their incentives are just too low now. I was happily getting pre-orders for 3DS for about 31-32ish dollars and PS3 for about 42-43 at the time. Excellent savings that just aren't there anymore, and for most of these newer games I would rather be playing them now then later. Just my 2 cents, and I don't hate them or anything, but they're not my preferred pre-order venue anymore.
Speaking of the vita Ys collector's edition, I was waiting for it to drop to 40, like the earlier games. But it's now out of stock at amazon (real amazon, not third parties), though it is still listed at best buy, newegg, and several gamestops near me. Do you guys think it's likely to sell out before seeing a price drop? I figured the vita wasn't a big seller so I could wait for a drop, but now I'm not so sure.

Speaking of the vita Ys collector's edition, I was waiting for it to drop to 40, like the earlier games. But it's now out of stock at amazon (real amazon, not third parties), though it is still listed at best buy, newegg, and several gamestops near me. Do you guys think it's likely to sell out before seeing a price drop? I figured the vita wasn't a big seller so I could wait for a drop, but now I'm not so sure.
I noticed that too a few days ago. I think if Xseed themselvse have copies on hand by the end of the year, they'll have a sale on it. Not sure how much stock they have though.

Actually, looks like Xseed doesn't have any copies in their store. So I think it will sell out before a price drop.

I noticed that too a few days ago. I think if Xseed themselvse have copies on hand by the end of the year, they'll have a sale on it. Not sure how much stock they have though.

Actually, looks like Xseed doesn't have any copies in their store. So I think it will sell out before a price drop.
When the game was released back in December, I contacted XSeed to see if they intended to sell it themselves. I would have paid the full price to buy it directly from them. But this was the reply.

Hello,

Not anytime soon as we don't want to compete with our retail partners.

Please go ahead and purchase it from your favorite retailer of choice as it may be a while before we offer it through our own online store.

Thanks for your support.
Ken @ XSEED Games
So it's more a matter of XSeed never having carried it in their own store, rather then running out.

IMHO it's the nicest CE I've bought this year in awesome goodies (The guide and the soundtrack is awesome!!!!!). Well worth it esp if you're a Y's fan.

That one marginal 3DS One Piece game is getting scarce, I never picked it up because I figured it'd drop before it sold out but when I checked today, the nearest store that has it is 70 miles away. I'm glad the download version exists so speculators can't abuse the secondary market too badly.

IMHO it's the nicest CE I've bought this year in awesome goodies (The guide and the soundtrack is awesome!!!!!). Well worth it esp if you're a Y's fan.
It's up there - not as nice as the Tales of Symphonia set, but it doesn't cost nearly as much either. Fun game too, I had a blast running through it earlier this year.

It's up there - not as nice as the Tales of Symphonia set, but it doesn't cost nearly as much either. Fun game too, I had a blast running through it earlier this year.
I'm impartial toward the Lightning Returns CE as well. The box is nice, the artbook is good, and dat amazing pocket watch

Just curious (Not sure if it was already posted), will BB be stocking Conception 2 instore? If so I might get it there instead of Gamestop.

I would do shipping, but I don't want the package to arrive while I'm out of state

[quote name="SgtWiggles" post="11684998" timestamp="1397273668"]Just curious (Not sure if it was already posted), will BB be stocking Conception 2 instore? If so I might get it there instead of Gamestop.

I would do shipping, but I don't want the package to arrive while I'm out of state[/quote]

Given that it was only available for shipping, not store pickup, I'd wager they won't have it in store.

Not a deal, but Super Robot Wars Z3 is out on JP psn and also vita. Includes a hd remake of something as well, on the vita version. Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back